2023/24 Wednesday transfer thread...

On 08/02/2024 at 11:49, KrolMong said:

In terms of Forestieri, if he’s willing to come on a pay as you play, he can’t be any worse than what we have now. Would fit the 10, although his best position was always the left of a front three.

Looks like we have signed him with Poveda. What a #10 he could be.

How long before Bannan stops passing to him an all...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

All those slating the transfer window should have a listen to what Deeney and Morrison were saying about Poveda signing for us after the game.

"Brave move" "What attacker wants to go to a relegation team" etc.

Even Rohl on persuading him to come.

It's so hard to get players to come to a team at the bottom, it's just not worth the risk of relegation if on permanent, and it's hard to get the performances if on loan.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Tewksbury said:

All those slating the transfer window should have a listen to what Deeney and Morrison were saying about Poveda signing for us after the game.

It's so hard to get players to come to a team at the bottom, it's just not worth the risk of relegation if on permanent, and it's hard to get the performances if on loan.

Don’t be silly, our keyboard warrior fans know more about the transfer market than a mere couple of ex-professional footballers who have been involved in several transfers themselves.

• Thanks 1

DR ma

46 minutes ago, Tewksbury said:

DR made this point when talking about his meetings with Poveda pre-transfer. Said he could see it in his eyes that he wanted to be here, and that not all players want to join a team at the bottom of the league  

Both Macguire and Biereth said, after turning us down, that they would get more chances to score with teams higher up the table. 

Catch 22 - we need quality, but quality might not need us. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Chelters said:

Don’t be silly, our keyboard warrior fans know more about the transfer market than a mere couple of ex-professional footballers who have been involved in several transfers themselves.

I wouldn’t listen to Deeney tbf. 🤣

2 hours ago, Tewksbury said:

I think some of our fans had written off the new signings before they had kicked a ball for us. The 1867 group certainly had reading there leaflet. 

8 hours ago, Tewksbury said:

If only we’d had Rohl from the start of the season, we might not be pushing top 6 but we’d be out of the bottom 3.

Im certain if we can avoid relegation we’ll be much more of a force with this management team.

Agree about the comments re transfers. Even some of the summer signings have started to look better, eg Pol, Gassama, Mussaba.

I think Momo will get better with more game time and Delgado would be more effective with the coaching we have now.

Who now’s if we stay up and it clicks with Poveda, he might come here permanently with one or two of the others.

Lets hope we can do it.

1 hour ago, Tank_Owl2,0 said:

If only we’d had Rohl from the start of the season, we might not be pushing top 6 but we’d be out of the bottom 3.

Im certain if we can avoid relegation we’ll be much more of a force with this management team.

Agree about the comments re transfers. Even some of the summer signings have started to look better, eg Pol, Gassama, Mussaba.

I think Momo will get better with more game time and Delgado would be more effective with the coaching we have now.

Who now’s if we stay up and it clicks with Poveda, he might come here permanently with one or two of the others.

Lets hope we can do it.

No manager was getting anything at the start of the season.

Whoever came in was getting sacked as soon as the fixture list came out.

Just now, Fat Eric said:

Not for £6m we won't 

I don’t think we’d be spending that much in the summer on him. While there’s no evidence of it other than a feeling. It felt like an inflated fee because of it being the January transfer window, where the costs seem to be higher. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, HoylandOwl said:

I don’t think we’d be spending that much in the summer on him. While there’s no evidence of it other than a feeling. It felt like an inflated fee because of it being the January transfer window, where the costs seem to be higher. 

That cost looks to have been inflated due to a few things.

Him being sat in Sheffield.

Orlando knowing about them having 22m in the bank.

Fuck around factor from a few hours before.

An inflated bid just to stop the bidding before time ran out.

Whoever gets him, I don't think it will be us or Blackburn, it will be on much lower terms. 

(There are stories going round about Balckburn going for a pre-contract, and that's probably Orlando's only chance of getting anything like what Blackburn offered, so that could happen)

4 minutes ago, Andyben said:

No one will in summer.

He's out of contract in December so closer to £1.5m will get him.

They have an option.

I've seen 2 years mentioned, maybe an American thing, maybe nothing.

They tried to get him to sign an extension, but he won't so they're just trying to get what they can for him now. 

• Reesh locked this topic
  • Reesh unlocked this topic
1 minute ago, Owling_Wolf said:

???

The fixtures at the start were shocking. I said before the season that our first win would be Huddersfield. It took Rohl 14 games in charge to get a win outside the bottom 7, the fact is, we had the hardest first 10 games in the league.

If Rohl had come in at the start, he'd have been sacked after 10 games, probably without a win.

Screenshot_20240211_135200_Sheets.jpg

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Tewksbury said:

They have an option.

I've seen 2 years mentioned, maybe an American thing, maybe nothing.

They tried to get him to sign an extension, but he won't so they're just trying to get what they can for him now. 

Thought their option was based on the loan happening?

4 minutes ago, HoylandOwl said:

Thought their option was based on the loan happening?

They have a normal option, 1 or 2 year.

Wanted him to sign a long contract, but he doesn't want to stay in America, so they're letting him go, but not without a fee.

1 minute ago, Tewksbury said:

They have a normal option, 1 or 2 year.

Wanted him to sign a long contract, but he doesn't want to stay in America, so they're letting him go, but not without a fee.

Must have read your post wrong, I thought you meant Blackburn have first option. Ignore me!