2023/24 Wednesday transfer thread...

53 minutes ago, Otto_Man said:

He only gets one from me as I've no idea who you're talking about 😇

Captained England and scored a World Cup winning hat trick in the 1994 World Cup under Graham Taylor. 

Since then has had award winning managerial stints at several clubs, become a property billionaire and now speaks philanthropicly on matters of racism and unjust manager sackings 

• Haha 3

Signing players with similar histories, and then fans giving them a “free pass”.

Because the fan base has largely (entirely?) kept quiet on those issues before I don’t think that should stop people from making their feelings known on it now.

To use Mk's conjecture point. 

We've no idea if he's been offered a contract, let alone signed one. It's all online conjecture. 

We've no idea if he'll be found guilty. Only the prosecution side is being reported on because the defence hasn't had their time to present yet. But media sites are painting a damning, yet one sided, portrait of the events that people are already making their minds up about him on. 

I'll wait til the judge gives his verdict before deciding if it's right we should sign him or not. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Tylluan said:

I'll wait til the judge gives his verdict before deciding if it's right we should sign him or not. 

He has.

No prosecution and  No criminal record pending receipt of the €150k charitable donations.

Its in Bilde

To use Mk's conjecture point. 

We've no idea if he's been offered a contract, let alone signed one. It's all online conjecture. 

We've no idea if he'll be found guilty. Only the prosecution side is being reported on because the defence hasn't had their time to present yet. But media sites are painting a damning, yet one sided, portrait of the events that people are already making their minds up about him on. 

Very old fashioned approach, clearly these days you should take one element of information, ignore the rest, make a snap judgement and tell the world how upset / angry / fuming / its all Chansiri's fault

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Owling_Wolf said:

Why would it be faux?

Because that is the modern way, you are either outraged or you have to be seen to be outraged to tick the relevant virtue signalling box

Then you point out the lack of outrage for something similar that does not align with their "politics"

You can see people here, being concerned about domestic abuse by men, next minute happily supporting that a male sex offender who now identifies as Brenda should be allowed in a women's prison

For the avoidance of doubt men controlling or coercing women either via physical or emotional means is one of my hates in life. I just think sometimes Wednesday don't need any negative press - we generate enough shit as it is. Whether this chap is on the radar or not, you just hope there is a degree of common sense within the football and ownership side of the Club to give this a pass 

25 minutes ago, mkowl said:

Because that is the modern way, you are either outraged or you have to be seen to be outraged to tick the relevant virtue signalling box

Then you point out the lack of outrage for something similar that does not align with their "politics"

You can see people here, being concerned about domestic abuse by men, next minute happily supporting that a male sex offender who now identifies as Brenda should be allowed in a women's prison

For the avoidance of doubt men controlling or coercing women either via physical or emotional means is one of my hates in life. I just think sometimes Wednesday don't need any negative press - we generate enough shit as it is. Whether this chap is on the radar or not, you just hope there is a degree of common sense within the football and ownership side of the Club to give this a pass 

Maybe so in general terms but there's loads of ordinary fans saying we shouldn't touch this bloke with a bargepole 'cos it would be an own goal. We've got enough shit going on around the club - mainly jumped up fans 'group' followed by morons attacking sometimes difficult owner but also problems with specific fans behaviour currently / recently attracting charges / bad publicity - to not be asking for more of it when we don't need to. 

12 hours ago, mkowl said:

This IMO.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Owling_Wolf said:

Maybe so in general terms but there's loads of ordinary fans saying we shouldn't touch this bloke with a bargepole 'cos it would be an own goal. We've got enough shit going on around the club - mainly jumped up fans 'group' followed by morons attacking sometimes difficult owner but also problems with specific fans behaviour currently / recently attracting charges / bad publicity - to not be asking for more of it when we don't need to. 

Yeah fair point.  Another way to look at it is, let’s face it we’re not anybody’s second favourite team this season, so what’s a little bit more bad publicity if the fella helps us stay up.  

9 hours ago, owl71 said:

Yeah fair point.  Another way to look at it is, let’s face it we’re not anybody’s second favourite team this season, so what’s a little bit more bad publicity if the fella helps us stay up.  

Don't understand the faux outrage from some of our fans, they didn't seem to have a problem when we signed Gary Madine or Reda Johnson...

28 minutes ago, Otto_Man said:

Don't understand the faux outrage from some of our fans, they didn't seem to have a problem when we signed Gary Madine or Reda Johnson...

Once again, the club seems to have put itself in the middle of a minefield. Unless we’ve suddenly upped our PR game overnight, feels like it’ll be viewed a loss whichever way we go now. 
But if we’re playing top trumps with players with dubious backgrounds, can I have Nile Ranger and Jamie Vardy (I know). 

2 hours ago, Skamp said:

20240302_105710.thumb.jpg.bb42f4ea4c58f1c66c959f623690c0b7.jpg

That didn't have to be an open letter. The group must already have inroads and communication routes into the club through the volunteering work and "women at Wednesday" campaign. 

They could have asked for dialogue with the club, or even DR himself in order to gain an understanding and voiced concerns that way. 

Then gone 'public' if the club had brushed them off.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Skamp said:

20240302_105710.thumb.jpg.bb42f4ea4c58f1c66c959f623690c0b7.jpg

That didn't have to be an open letter. The group must already have inroads and communication routes into the club through the volunteering work and "women at Wednesday" campaign. 

They could have asked for dialogue with the club, or even DR himself in order to gain an understanding and voiced concerns that way. 

Unlike wimmin not to think rationally 

4 hours ago, Tylluan said:

Good points. Maybe not quite shot themselves in the foot but a bad case of stubbing their toes.

On 03/03/2024 at 00:59, Owling_Wolf said:

Possibly thought that they didn't have time to hang around it they wanted to influence the club decision. 

Nobody has ever influenced the club with an open letter, just ask the Trust, and he's been here at least a month with the court case hanging over him. 

They could have started the engagement the moment he was spotted. 

Could someone explain what it is about the black lesbian being charged for a despicable criminal offence that makes her situation different to the straight white man please?

Maybe to use Kerr's own words I'm a "...stupid white bastard" so couldn't understand 

Edited by Andyben

1 hour ago, Teddy Nickelarse said:

Don't  know if posted elsewhere but reported in the Star that Röhl is considering naming Gregory, Delgado and Hendrick in the 25 man squad. 

EFL 44.3. all squads must be finalised by 5pm of the 4th Thursday in March. You can't add to your squad after this, even if you have the spaces. Screenshot_20240311-203548-066.thumb.png.6dcc965016d22fe4644498d2ac2e13f3.png

To add a bit of clarity around the academy players bit. If they've already sat on an EFL game bench then they'll already be registered with the league to play. 

What we can't do after the deadline is field anyone who hasn't. So we couldn't play the new lad Otegbayo unless we put him in a match day squad before the 28th. 

• Like 1