If I speak I will get in shit

Reesh

1 hour ago, Andyben said:

Move and bulldoze the lot 

1 hour ago, BraddersTim said:

Would cost a pretty penny and who wants a soulless bowl?

Build flats (student accommodation) on the ground to fund the build and provide an ongoing revenue stream. Keep the grass in the middle like Arsenal did at Highbury. Or flog the land to someone who wants to do the above. 

Doesn't have to be a soulless bowl. Build four separate stands and join them up with facilities that could be used outside of football. Forest are rebuilding the Peter Taylor stand and making it 3 tier with exec boxes and a media suite. One of those and three smaller stands would come to around £40-50m if we wanted a 30k plus ground. 

Running costs would be halved (Brentford's costs have) and we get the accomodation income. 

• Like 3

I’m not wholly against a move. I don’t think there is much we can do to improve what we have now due to the river and pushing a load of housing through a CPO. It’s very much a penned in stadium.

If we could stay in the City limits, stick to the north or the east of the City and improve accessibility - then why not do it. And do we need a stadium that initially holds 40k? Probably not, but if we could expand capacity easily, then all good.

It all comes down to money. Would the council help to fund a new build and treat it as a community stadium? Probably not. We could do as @Tylluan said and float both Hillsborough and the training ground for sale, but I’d still expect that DC is going to need to find 50 million plus to fund it.

The harsh reality is that we are getting to a point where apart from a lick of paint, we won’t be able to do any significant development, certainly in terms of the Kop and the North Stand. Oddly, I think the Lepp could be improved easily.

23 minutes ago, Tylluan said:

Build flats (student accommodation) on the ground to fund the build and provide an stream. Keep the grass in the like did at Highbury. Or flog the land to someone who wants to do the above. 

Doesn't have to be a soulless . Build four separate stands and join them up with that could be used outside of football. Forest are rebuilding the Peter Taylor stand and making it 3 tier with exec and a media . One of those and three smaller stands would come to around £40-50m if we wanted a 30k plus ground. 

Running costs would be halved (Brentford's costs have) and we get the accomodation . 

We could do all that, but Wednesday being Wednesday, we'd start off with grand designs and end up with a soulless bowl.

54 minutes ago, Skamp said:

Go with the pigs and redevelop BDTBL into a 60,000 seater stadium.

We could call it coming home and the pigs could sit in the seats in the shaded part of the ground.

No

But is it even feasible, is there sufficient space around there to do it.

Their place as it is seems to have even less turnstile access and exit doors than Hillsborough. which SAG only seem to pay attention too on the extreme occasions when something kicks off.

Edited by Tank_Owl2,0

2 hours ago, KrolMong said:

I’m not wholly against a move. I don’t think there is much we can do to improve what we have now due to the river and pushing a load of housing through a CPO. It’s very much a penned in stadium.

If we could stay in the City limits, stick to the north or the east of the City and improve accessibility - then why not do it. And do we need a stadium that initially holds 40k? Probably not, but if we could expand capacity easily, then all good.

It all comes down to money. Would the council help to fund a new build and treat it as a community stadium? Probably not. We could do as @Tylluan said and float both Hillsborough and the training ground for sale, but I’d still expect that DC is going to need to find 50 million plus to fund it.

The harsh reality is that we are getting to a point where apart from a lick of paint, we won’t be able to do any significant development, certainly in terms of the Kop and the North Stand. Oddly, I think the Lepp could be improved easily.

You lost my vote at staying in South Barnsley...

4 hours ago, KrolMong said:

Am fairly sure we don't own the training ground: we lease it off of the Council.  That came out quite a while back when we were looking at having a new training facility in Mosborough, oddly. 

Throws a new perspective on said story.

So basically we volunteered to reduce capacity prior to the Plymouth game in advance of a review

SCC has now decided to keep this in place for the rest of the season irrespective of any review

Oh and the SCC minutes will be provided if you ask, no Freedom of Information request was needed 

Finally Ian Herbert is a **** 

56 minutes ago, mkowlthesexynewversion said:

The chaps at the Star and Radio Sheffield have simply reported the facts.

A local journalist will not be brave enough, but we need an opinion piece from someone like Alan Biggs about how the Mail have managed this whole situation.

Perhaps a Talksport attack on the two journos is needed tomorrow morning perhaps over the gross inaccuracies.

Maybe even a bit of litigation from the owner, and a ban for all Mail journos from Hillaborough for a few years.

47 minutes ago, Dronowl66 said:

This Herbert character is really going for us again today ........... its as If hes got an alternative agenda or something lol , surely the club could take legal action even its its only defamation for the weasley club with no humility comment 

Written by Craig Hope (the chap who tweeted the pic) and Ian Herbert.

I think the fact Wednesday fans have rounded on both on social media has simply sharpened their knives. The fact they get views on their articles and reaction thereto is exactly what they desire. 

But we are rightly reacting, because frankly we are sick and tired of twats like these thinking we are a cheap shot. To our credit most Wednesday fans kept quiet - or it was contained on the forums - when all the inquests etc were in the public domain. 

But frankly enough is enough and bandwagon jumpers like these 2 are going to be pushed back on, even if that is exactly what they want.

3 hours ago, mkowlthesexynewversion said:

Written by Craig Hope (the chap who tweeted the pic) and Ian Herbert.

I think the fact Wednesday fans have rounded on both on social media has simply sharpened their knives. The fact they get views on their articles and reaction thereto is exactly what they desire. 

But we are rightly reacting, because frankly we are sick and tired of twats like these thinking we are a cheap shot. To our credit most Wednesday fans kept quiet - or it was contained on the forums - when all the inquests etc were in the public domain. 

But frankly enough is enough and bandwagon jumpers like these 2 are going to be pushed back on, even if that is exactly what they want.

It was Martin Hardy who tweeted the picture not Hope.

Herbert replied to a friend of mine

FB_IMG_1678966672777.jpg

Eddie Howe has waded in now, talking about the optimum priority at a football game is the safety of fans and no fan should have to go through what their fans did. 

Or some such bollocks. 

We should start slapping gagging orders and writs all over the fucking place under harming corporate reputation and good standing. 

And folk wanted Newcastle to win the League Cup Final.

Another horrible set of deluded fans - not just because of this, but this simply confirms it.

Still, let's not talk about getting your hands chopped off or women being forbidden from  driving cars* and stuff though Eddie. 

* I know, as soon as I typed it

We all know where this is going to end up. I’ll repeat. There is an agenda.

Various people in the upper echelons of football, the press and the North West were not happy that Wednesday were not penalised from a criminal or financial aspect due to multiple changes or ownership and entities.

A football club has made an issue, the regional reporter for that club in the national press has then started to turn the screw. A fellow reporter from the same paper, who is from Liverpool, and a reporter on the disaster piece in 89, has written a brutal opinion piece riddled with inaccuracies. This has triggered a national news radio station to speak about it.

Then, almost 24 hours apart, there are statements made by the council about the investigation that clears all wrong doing but does make some potential recommendations, we have made a temporary change.

The media have then doubled down on the attack and made further sensationalist claims, which has now caught the attention of other football fans, a wider media presence, and the coach of the club who were involved in the original incident.

Let me tell you what is coming next, the EFL are going to be brought in, complaints with be made to the sports minister. And all of a sudden, what was a non incident, becomes a big incident leading to litigation against the club, stand closures and any other punishment that can be thrown our way. And all it takes is just one other club to jump on this, and what is a none event becomes a major event.

So, yes, there is an agenda to this. And as soon as Ian Herbert wrote his piece, the agenda was clear.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, KrolMong said:

Let me tell you what is coming next, the EFL are going to be brought in, complaints with be made to the sports minister. And all of a sudden, what was a non incident, becomes a big incident leading to litigation against the club, stand closures and any other punishment that can be thrown our way. And all it takes is just one other club to jump on this, and what is a none event becomes a major event.

So, yes, there is an agenda to this. And as soon as Ian Herbert wrote his piece, the agenda was clear.

Then let's get our litigation in first. Scare the shit out of any League 1 club or their fans who might think about raising it. Scare the shit out of the EFL by slapping writs all over the scum writing this filth so that the governing (I use that term lightly) body can't use anything written as evidence other than the official documents 

The other Newcastle aspect is that the former owner had to pay what 4m in compensation to secure the services of Mr Bruce.

Okay Ashley is long gone but perhaps that legacy still irks as well 

And I am sure Eddie Howe expressed serious concerns about potential overcrowding and safety in Trafalgar Square 

My view is that we don't sit and let our bellies be tickled. Fight fucking fire with fire 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Tylluan said:

Then let's get our litigation in first. Scare the shit out of any League 1 club or their fans who might think about raising it. Scare the shit out of the EFL by slapping writs all over the scum writing this filth so that the governing (I use that term lightly) body can't use anything written as evidence other than the official documents 

1 minute ago, mkowlthesexynewversion said:

The other Newcastle aspect is that the former owner had to pay what 4m in compensation to secure the services of Mr Bruce.

Okay Ashley is long gone but perhaps that legacy still irks as well 

And I am sure Eddie Howe expressed serious concerns about potential overcrowding and safety in Trafalgar Square 

My view is that we don't sit and let our bellies be tickled. Fight fucking fire with fire 

If we can bang any sort of legal challenge in against the Mail, we should. Or even better, if the club can simply respond and suggest they are discussing legal action against both the press and even the council. That might be enough to get people panicking.

Chansiri doesn’t hold back on these things usually. And we have been very silent.

3 minutes ago, KrolMong said:

If we can bang any sort of legal challenge in against the Mail, we should. Or even better, if the club can simply respond and suggest they are discussing legal action against both the press and even the council. That might be enough to get people panicking.

Chansiri doesn’t hold back on these things usually. And we have been very silent.

In part the Club I am sure think if they did it would be used by the media against them. No win option sadly 

We just need to point out the hypocrisy.

Ask why Eddie Howe stays silent about Saudi Arabian politics but can air a comment about fan safety 

On 15/03/2023 at 13:21, Owling_Wolf said:

Against the rules, pal.  Otherwise twats like Derby would stop us going altogether, no doubt, instead of just halving our numbers.  We are required to give a minimum percentage to away teams I'm fairly sure.  So if there's no away stand they have to come in our stands and SAG would no doubt reduce our own numbers by a ridiculous amount.

It’s 2000 or 20% isn’t it, whichever is smaller?  The next time we play Newcastle they should get 2000, whatever the official capacity of the Lep is.  Otherwise the fucking silly bastards get in each others way and become traumatised.  

9 hours ago, owl71 said:

It’s 2000 or 20% isn’t it, whichever is smaller?  The next time we play Newcastle they should get 2000, whatever the official capacity of the Lep is.  Otherwise the fucking silly bastards get in each others way and become traumatised.  

In the FA Cup, it’s 15% of total capacity. So Newcastle are guaranteed whatever the maximum capacity of the Lepp is regardless. The rule is actually 15% up to 9000 tickets. Hence the bigger clubs being able to allocate big away attendances for cup games.

Daily Mail now incorrectly reporting that our safety certificate is out of date. 

What a fucking surprise. 

The last certificate was issued in July 2022 in time for the start of the season. Off the back of the SAG recommendations the council have amended the current certificate, as they're legally required to do, to include the capacity reduction. The current certificate is still valid until the end of the season when capacity will be further reviewed. 

But don't let the actual facts get in the way of sensationalism click bait, ya fucking scum. 

2 hours ago, Tylluan said:

Daily Mail now incorrectly reporting that our safety certificate is out of date. 

What a fucking surprise. 

The last certificate was issued in July 2022 in time for the start of the season. Off the back of the SAG recommendations the council have amended the current certificate, as they're legally required to do, to include the capacity reduction. The current certificate is still valid until the end of the season when capacity will be further reviewed. 

But don't let the actual facts get in the way of sensationalism click bait, ya fucking scum. 

Honestly. I find the the persistence of the Mail, and the blatant inaccuracies quite astonishing. And as predicted, a local MP in Newcastle is taking this to parliament, so the master plan is working as predicted. We are now getting to government involvement, which will end up in the Sports Ministers hands, and then with the EFL.

There will no doubt be a YouGov petition circulated stating that the Leppings Lane end should be demolished which half of Liverpool will sign.

Chansiri needs to start countering this and throwing mud back.

13 hours ago, Tylluan said:

What a fucking surprise. 

That is something the club should jump on if nothing else.. That implies we constantly bend the rules or ignore them when we haven’t at all with this. 

Im sick of the politics, the bollocks and a lot of modern football and what goes with it. It’s not the working persons game, it’s often a vehicle for agendas, and nobheads like the Mail to further their own cause, regardless of who they hurt/trample on/lie about.

Lets wait for more MPs who don’t know a kick off from a fox hunt, to then offer their opinion.

"But, the officer had been heartened after he received an expert's report which concluded the force he used in the incident was 'justified and proportionate"

No it fucking wasn't 

Back to our dear council who are using maths to calculate the area per person and have decided that The West doesn't fit this equation so they reduce the capacity. Is the same calculation used at Meadowhell or on the Tram?

So were there any crushes on Tuesday at t’ Oakwell, should we be considering asking the EFL and SAG to look at why 5k fans were allowed to congregate so close together - obviously the answer is no (unless there was something serious of course)Im sure you realise I am being tongue in cheek but for god sake that stand at Oakwell is hardly up there with state of the art (and I’m not having a go at the Dingles) but how can a club be ok to have 5k in a stand and I assume a large proportion were stood (they usually are, certainly when I’ve been there) but we are allowed 2 fans in the lower Leppings Lane. It can only be politically motivated 

You make a valid point Tank.

All we need is someone to post on Twitter that they felt claustrophobic when they went for a half time beer and someone else to tweet that they had to carry their kid out. 

Then we can sit back and wait for 17 articles in the Daily Mail about how Wednesday fans nearly caused a fan crush and it was all our fault because we've disregarded all the learnings from 1989 and we're so disrespectful 

Edited by Tylluan
  • Haha 1