If I speak I will get in shit

Reesh

Something doesn’t smell right about this. That stand has not changed since the rebuild after 89. We’ve had multiple away end sellouts including 10 years of Premier League teams, countless Sheffield Derbies, big gates from other championship and league one clubs. No issues, and I mean no issues whatsoever.

We end up with a non sold out away end where we can clearly see an issue with fans not taking the seats they have been allocated, and blocked entry into the stand.

We get a journo making a point, making the right noise to the right people, and all of a sudden, the machine has kicked into gear, from presenters, to people involved in the tragedy in 89’, all coming out. Despite not making a peep in the previous 25 years.

It also feels pre-planned an coordinated.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

It feels far too coordinated. Kelly Cates picks up a tweet from a regional journo from a north east paper… and all of a sudden, we have multiple groups calling for the FA to act, the stand to be demolished… dare I say this was a long drawn out plan finally coming to fruition.

36 minutes ago, KrolMong said:

Something doesn’t smell right about this. That stand has not changed since the rebuild after 89. We’ve had multiple away end sellouts including 10 years of Premier League teams, countless Sheffield Derbies, big gates from other championship and league one clubs. No issues, and I mean no issues whatsoever.

We end up with a non sold out away end where we can clearly see an issue with fans not taking the seats they have been allocated, and blocked entry into the stand.

We get a journo making a point, making the right noise to the right people, and all of a sudden, the machine has kicked into gear, from presenters, to people involved in the tragedy in 89’, all coming out. Despite not making a peep in the previous 25 years.

It also feels pre-planned an coordinated.

It has changed, pal. I believe it's had its capacity reduced in more recent times, as have other areas, especially the closed corner nearby. 

Btw, you can add to your list of major crowds since the rebuilding several more F. A. Cup semi finals, a replayed League Cup Final and 3 group games in Euro 86, though Tyrkey only brought about 2,000 as they were already out.

38 minutes ago, HoylandOwl said:

Apparently it's been raised on Sky Sports tonight, and one Newcastle fan was slagging things off. 

One bitter and twisted wanker cos they lost.

The video above shows how there is fuck all issue

We have taken a lot of shit over the years, about time we started shouting back about vindictive twats like Kelly Dalglish and the media 

The low number of stewards in the pics could be 

a) they were outside / behind the stand ensuring orderly behaviour outside. It must be common practice that stewards do several tasks during the course of a match. 

b) they were probably at least 20 stewards pre match on Claywheels Lane. So not a place they would ordinarily be but due to 60 odd coaches and fucking off home fans who normally park there - they probably went to the stadium post kick off.

1 hour ago, KrolMong said:

It feels far too coordinated. Kelly Cates picks up a tweet from a regional journo from a north east paper… and all of a sudden, we have multiple groups calling for the FA to act, the stand to be demolished… dare I say this was a long drawn out plan finally coming to fruition.

Any demolishing should have been paid for by the FA as they had rented the stadium but I assume they refused as it would be seen as admission of their guilt 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Owling_Wolf said:

It has changed, pal. I believe it's had its capacity reduced in more recent times, as have other areas, especially the closed corner nearby. 

Btw, you can add to your list of major crowds since the rebuilding several more F. A. Cup semi finals, a replayed League Cup Final and 3 group games in Euro 86, though Tyrkey only brought about 2,000 as they were already out.

Loved Euro 86....

Seen there is an hatchet job in The Daily Mail. The journalist Craig Hope is on twitter if you do a search and send him your thoughts. I think it's about time we started fighting back. Fuck em we have had 34 years of shit, I accept some of it from 1989 is well deserved, but the continued vitriol and vindictive stuff is getting on my tits. For a starter the owner of the Club today bears no responsibility, the club management are not the same people, we continue to be tarred when one other club, namely Liverpool airbrushes Heysel. Let's no longer sit back and take it.

Just been reading the report from the Mail, and it’s annoying. 
I ain’t sharing it. Frustrating as hell.  

I mean, fancy stewards checking tickets, how dare they. 
As for one of their fans saying ‘ in league one so many fans won’t be a problem.’

There’s been more fans than that in the Lepp with no issues. But no, the mail wont mention or put an additional line in about there being around 1,200 or so seats spare in that end. 

22 minutes ago, HoylandOwl said:

Just been reading the report from the Mail, and it’s annoying. 
I ain’t sharing it. Frustrating as hell.  

I mean, fancy stewards checking tickets, how dare they. 
As for one of their fans saying ‘ in league one so many fans won’t be a problem.’

There’s been more fans than that in the Lepp with no issues. But no, the mail wont mention or put an additional line in about there being around 1,200 or so seats spare in that end. 

The fact there is less space behind the stands is due to there being more space out front to prevent congestion there 

Perhaps we can ask God to divert the River Don so there is a bit more space 

End of the day we all have to avoid the ‘elephant in the room’ don’t we?

We all know what made a massive contribution to events that unfolded that day, but of course we’re not allowed to mention that are we?

Fuck ‘em! 

I might have a wander over to Twitter to find this Craig Hope clown!

9 minutes ago, Bellsview said:

End of the day we all have to avoid the ‘elephant in the room’ don’t we?

We all know what made a massive contribution to events that unfolded that day, but of course we’re not allowed to mention that are we?

Fuck ‘em! 

I might have a wander over to Twitter to find this Craig Hope clown!

Seems there's a few that have found him......

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Billysboy said:

The Sports Ground Safety Authority to begin a review after they "were concerned about reports of overcrowding" Hope all this will galvanise our fans against  the fucking tossers involved in instigating all this shit.

The fans are already galvanised mate. Look on twitter especially, there’s plenty wanting the club to go for the jugular with lawsuits against the journalist for starting it!

5 minutes ago, HoylandOwl said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/64228487

The Newcastle United Supporters' Trust has asked anyone involved to contact them with details of their experience.’

I turned up 2 hours early, stayed sober, went to my seat straightaway

Be as reliable as Harry's book when it comes to facts.

The reality they won't address is that whilst ever football fans are not permitted to take an alcoholic drink to their seats then the vast majority of concourses will be congested.

HT will always be an issue, it is everywhere if there is a full allocation. Most of us know this and avoid as a result.

I would just like to thank all the local Yorkshire journalists (and i see we have a new one for us, stating he is a Wednesdayite), RadioStations and TV Stations for their support in all this, they have really fought our side of it.

Worthless tools all piss in the same pot.

• Like 2

I agree with MK, I think 99.9% of the Geordies will be oblivious to this because Im fairly sure (like our away following) they will be used to big numbers travelling to stadia like ours and others in the top divisions in England - there will always be one be11end that sees his/ her opportunity for 30secs of fame.

So I might have other issues to raise with them but I dont see much on social (or elsewhere) media coming from them. Which can only mean its journos with an agenda, of which there a few (agendas).

I know some on here look at away fans vlogs, some have been posted on here before. I do sometimes but didnt this week, been too busy, but it would be interesting to see if ANY of them mention crowding. Btw when does being crammed and crowding become a crush?

Im glad the club have made a statement and IF there is evidence of slander etc I hope DC / the club gives them something legal to chew on. 

4 hours ago, mkowlthesexynewversion said:

Ian Herbert from the Mail still having a go.

He is on Twitter if you want to exchange a few pleasantries 

Perhaps there’s a way SWFC supporters can get some revenge on this arsehole.

Maybe if we bombard The Press Gazette over his article, his ‘Sports Journalist of the Year’ award might be annulled.

Might be worth sharing the image below (or a link to the Tweet) with other SWFC supporters and other sources, e.g Owlstalk etc.

Not sure The Press Gazette would appreciate or welcome such bad publicity or hounding about their recognised sports journalist of the year.

EE538AF4-7E0B-41AA-967D-DEA3E8734A99.jpeg