If I speak I will get in shit

Reesh

6 hours ago, Tank_Owl2,0 said:

So basically now the stand is only able to have roughly have the seats occupied.

Is it clear whether the decision is reversible, ie could the club get the capacity up again if particularly measures are taken.

Don't think it'll ever go back up.

They've done us for too many people on the upper concourse buying pies and ale at the same time, so remediation is less people to buy pies. On the lower we've been done for people choosing to leave their designated seats and sit/stand more centrally, which is what the pigs have picked up their capacity reduction for.

Short of relaxing the ban on taking drinks back to seats I can't see a reduction in concourse numbers as building more kiosks would still see the same footfall. 

3 hours ago, Reesh said:

Who pays for it?

I think there needs to be something where the FA or someone helps pay for it. The ‘laws’ we have followed, we have proven to have done nothing wrong staff wise either, so we shouldn’t be hamstrung by the decisions of others. 

1 hour ago, HoylandOwl said:

I think there needs to be something where the FA or someone helps pay for it. The ‘laws’ we have followed, we have proven to have done nothing wrong staff wise either, so we shouldn’t be hamstrung by the decisions of others. 

The FA won't cos that would be opening the door to compensation claims from the bin dippers. That would be akin to admitting their own failure on that fateful day.

You can access the full minutes of the SAG meeting. Some of the technicalities are revealing. That the definition of acceptable  crowd density is 3.3 people per square metre. And in a modern stadium the concourse has to have available space of 50% of the seating capacity. 

In the West Stand it is 30% - permitted under the guidelines as its an old structure.

But you can see that they are trying to increase that ratio to the modern standard. And they can't easily rectify the concourse space so you hit the other side of the equation.

And perhaps therein lies the issue, you get a Premier League club fans turn up, who invariably go to modern stadiums 

And you can grasp why SAG are ultra cautious compared to other parts of the country. 

The point about stewarding levels I find interesting, partly because significant numbers were outside the stadium, 20 at least on Claywheels Lane dealing with the 60 coaches from Newcastle. So I suspect a number of the experienced folk were outside pre match before migrating inside as kick off got nearer

3 minutes ago, Dronowl66 said:

Unfortunately SCC have proved time and time again there incompetence in virtually every area of governance , they were always going to bow to any sort of pressure whatsoever in fact it wont stop here now , the next set of fans that complain will result in it getting reduced again . Will Chansiri rebuild it ? probably not in the short term , realistically that stand will be closed completely sooner rather than later . What SAG will suggest they are happy with once that happens and they have to house away fans somewhere else is anyone's guess 

Whilst I get said point, can you appreciate given the history why all the local agencies are ultra cautious. 

I mean we all know how the away sections Wednesday fans go to in League 1 would hugely fail on said concourse capacity metrics. I mean I wouldn't have wanted to vacate the away end at Wycombe or The Valley in a rush.

But we don't complain, just accept what it is. If we didn't then already insufficient away ticket numbers would be cut, shoot yourself in the foot somewhat

Like I say the Newcastle fans did not object to the capacity levels in Trafalgar Square 

27 minutes ago, Dronowl66 said:

Unfortunately SCC have proved time and time again there incompetence in virtually every area of governance , they were always going to bow to any sort of pressure whatsoever in fact it wont stop here now , the next set of fans that complain will result in it getting reduced again . Will Chansiri rebuild it ? probably not in the short term , realistically that stand will be closed completely sooner rather than later . What SAG will suggest they are happy with once that happens and they have to house away fans somewhere else is anyone's guess 

They are doing the same across the City

Regardless of what Wednesday do to the Lepp, including the meeting of safety requirements (which we have done for years). The opinion in the media and fans from other clubs will not change until the whole stand is pulled down.

And that won’t happen while the stand is deemed safe, they may reduce capacity, which as Reesh has said, has also happened at Bramall Lane. For the stand to be pulled down, it’s either going to be something that DC decides to do and fund, which won’t happen until we threaten the top flight. Or, the FA/council etc. will need to order it and fund it - which won’t happen either as neither have a pot to piss in!

Just as a note, reducing the capacity is not going to have much of an impact this season. The only clubs who historically have decent followings would be Derby and potentially Barnsley.

But, next season, we would easily be losing out on nearly 50k a game with 1600 less supporters in the away end (depending on who we play). 

I can imagine some clubs getting a bit shouty about this. And for the record, if we happen to draw Newcastle again in the cup. Stick them in the lower tier with a few hundred tickets.

I’ve just read the article. It’s nasty, it questions the actual morals of some of the staff at Wednesday, and it closes by saying that we should have pulled it down, and actually renamed the stadium. It’s poisonous and designed to generate feeling and emotion.

It’s an absolute axe job on the club.

Whether there is any legal discourse, no idea. I am sure DC will be taking a look.

Just a note. Should we play Newcastle, I’m afraid that no fans will be allowed. Same if we played Liverpool. Away fans banned from those two clubs.

Oh, and guess where Ian Herbert comes from? Yes… Liverpool. 

4 minutes ago, KrolMong said:

I’ve just read the article. It’s nasty, it questions the actual morals of some of the staff at Wednesday, and it closes by saying that we should have pulled it down, and actually renamed the stadium. It’s poisonous and designed to generate feeling and emotion.

It’s an absolute axe job on the club.

Whether there is any legal discourse, no idea. I am sure DC will be taking a look.

Just a note. Should we play Newcastle, I’m afraid that no fans will be allowed. Same if we played Liverpool. Away fans banned from those two clubs.

Oh, and guess where Ian Herbert comes from? Yes… Liverpool. 

Actually suggests we rename the stadium like they did Heysel, you know the place where them scouse ***** caused the deaths of 39 people. The twat wants kicking legally and physically.

34 minutes ago, Dronowl66 said:

That would be a narrative that no journalist would ever cover , there's a depth of protectionism to everything Liverpool FC thats built up over the decades that no journalist or Politician would ever go near , as wound up as I get as I have a particularly unique insight into what really happened , I have learned to accept that in my lifetime that unspeakably diabloical fan base and club will never ever be held to account for anything in the past or indeed the future ........ The Herbert thing today is clearly libellous I hope DC goes for them 

I can't argue with that

Sadly the Club probably has no ability to sue on said article. Despite the language used they will claim the underlying facts are simply being reported.

21 minutes ago, owl4ever1867 said:

Just bulldoze the fucking thing, get rid, leave it as a 3 stand stadium & fuck the away supporters off, I'm sick of hearing about it every other week now.

Against the rules, pal.  Otherwise twats like Derby would stop us going altogether, no doubt, instead of just halving our numbers.  We are required to give a minimum percentage to away teams I'm fairly sure.  So if there's no away stand they have to come in our stands and SAG would no doubt reduce our own numbers by a ridiculous amount.

• Like 2