If I speak I will get in shit

1 hour ago, mkowlthesexynewversion said:

So not "overcrowding" maybe issues with how crowds moved around

Interesting that it then goes on to say the question about drinks being permitted in to the stands should be re-considered 

Because that is the actual issue really 

I hope Wednesday have a word with the Mail now. Or ban the ‘journalist’ or both. 

• 2 weeks later...

I repeat, if there are genuine safety issues to be addressed then fair enough. However, having a feeling is different to genuine objective matters the club can do something about.

Maybe we are too tolerant of the shit holes we put up with when we travel away in numbers, which is more often than we’d like to debate.

• Like 2

So one fan felt 'intimidated' by their own fans on the concourse and left at half time, instead of just returning to their seat. And instead of making a formal complaint to the chief steward on the way out, or even to one of the god knows how many coppers that would have been milling about outside decides to post about it on a public forum instead and gets abuse from our keyboard warriors. Then crys to Vales supporters club who get all high and mighty and start writing to Sheffield Wednesday demanding answers, while also leaking the story to the local press. 

Yet right down at the bottom of that story there's five lines on our excellent treatment of their disabled support. A story that probably wouldn't have even got printed if it wasn't tagged onto the above. 

Cant wait for the Plymouth lot to kick off their panics and fears after they've lost. 

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Tank_Owl2,0 said:

I repeat, if there are genuine safety issues to be addressed then fair enough. However, having a feeling is different to genuine objective matters the club can do something about.

Maybe we are too tolerant of the shit holes we put up with when we travel away in numbers, which is more often than we’d like to debate.

The point being I went to Wycombe away. Its not brilliant, but it is what it is. I think a lot of folk that complain simply do not go to away games that often 

• Like 1

On 15/01/2023 at 15:01, HoylandOwl said:

It's mad though isn't it. Look at the Manchester derby yesterday, and numerous stadiums in the top flight especially. A couple of rows blanked off between fans, that's about it. 

Yet at our place, even though they're in different stands, we still get blocks covered over...

I sort of understand the bottom right and left of the lepp as you look at it, and the bottom of the North/South corners adjecent to the lepp being unused but beyond that is nuts IMO.

No way south block AA should be closed off

• Like 1

In age when almost everyone carries a smartphone there's never any corroborating evidence to these claims. With our past and recent history you'd think everyone in the Lepp would be filming if it looked a bit dicey. That Newcastle Muppet who 'feared for his kid's lives' filmed nothing but his Twitter is full of pics of his kids inside various grounds, including ours on that day. 

There are a couple of Port Vale vlogs, from the game, on YouTube showing an orderly set of supporters. There's no pushing or shoving, there are visible stewards, including the exits and stairwells. There's nothing to see but a decent away following supporting their team. 

Put body cams on the stewards, and maybe upgrade the cctv, and get a decent legal team to start issuing shut up or put up letters whenever anything like this is reported. Starting with Kelly Cates and that attention seeking journo. 

3 minutes ago, Paul from Wisewood said:

Newcastle and port vale fans , hardly the Mensa candidates of society, id hazard a guess most wouldn’t be able to read the words  on their tickets 

I'm not sure why Newcastle fans keep getting roped into this. The few that have moaned seem massively to have been in the minority: so many that have posted about their visit seem to have been 'on our side' over this matter.  

• Like 1