If I speak I will get in shit

Reesh

So one fan felt 'intimidated' by their own fans on the concourse and left at half time, instead of just returning to their seat. And instead of making a formal complaint to the chief steward on the way out, or even to one of the god knows how many coppers that would have been milling about outside decides to post about it on a public forum instead and gets abuse from our keyboard warriors. Then crys to Vales supporters club who get all high and mighty and start writing to Sheffield Wednesday demanding answers, while also leaking the story to the local press. 

Yet right down at the bottom of that story there's five lines on our excellent treatment of their disabled support. A story that probably wouldn't have even got printed if it wasn't tagged onto the above. 

Cant wait for the Plymouth lot to kick off their panics and fears after they've lost. 

• Like 4

8 hours ago, Tank_Owl2,0 said:

I repeat, if there are genuine safety issues to be addressed then fair enough. However, having a feeling is different to genuine objective matters the club can do something about.

Maybe we are too tolerant of the shit holes we put up with when we travel away in numbers, which is more often than we’d like to debate.

The point being I went to Wycombe away. Its not brilliant, but it is what it is. I think a lot of folk that complain simply do not go to away games that often 

• Like 2

On 15/01/2023 at 15:01, HoylandOwl said:

It's mad though isn't it. Look at the Manchester derby yesterday, and numerous stadiums in the top flight especially. A couple of rows blanked off between fans, that's about it. 

Yet at our place, even though they're in different stands, we still get blocks covered over...

I sort of understand the bottom right and left of the lepp as you look at it, and the bottom of the North/South corners adjecent to the lepp being unused but beyond that is nuts IMO.

No way south block AA should be closed off

• Like 1

In age when almost everyone carries a smartphone there's never any corroborating evidence to these claims. With our past and recent history you'd think everyone in the Lepp would be filming if it looked a bit dicey. That Newcastle Muppet who 'feared for his kid's lives' filmed nothing but his Twitter is full of pics of his kids inside various grounds, including ours on that day. 

There are a couple of Port Vale vlogs, from the game, on YouTube showing an orderly set of supporters. There's no pushing or shoving, there are visible stewards, including the exits and stairwells. There's nothing to see but a decent away following supporting their team. 

Put body cams on the stewards, and maybe upgrade the cctv, and get a decent legal team to start issuing shut up or put up letters whenever anything like this is reported. Starting with Kelly Cates and that attention seeking journo. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Paul from Wisewood said:

Newcastle and port vale fans , hardly the Mensa candidates of society, id hazard a guess most wouldn’t be able to read the words  on their tickets 

I'm not sure why Newcastle fans keep getting roped into this. The few that have moaned seem massively to have been in the minority: so many that have posted about their visit seem to have been 'on our side' over this matter.  

• Like 1

The common thread between the 2 games is that majority of the base came on busses. Both games played on days when no public transport to the city really existed.

This meant they were all dumped on the ground similar times. All wanted refreshment, and toilet at similar times.

Had trains been on, lots more would of been around town - eating and drinking and not needing the concourse.

I think that where the issue as arisen, alongside MK point about many won’t have gone to away matches as much - esp the Vale lot.  

22 minutes ago, EBRA said:

The common thread between the 2 games is that majority of the base came on busses. Both games played on days when no public transport to the city really existed.

This meant they were all dumped on the ground similar times. All wanted refreshment, and toilet at similar times.

Had trains been on, lots more would of been around town - eating and drinking and not needing the concourse.

I think that where the issue as arisen, alongside MK point about many won’t have gone to away matches as much - esp the Vale lot.  

Well I walked past about 60 or 70 of the Newcastle coaches on the way back to the car. Nowt ever gets said about the fact that Wednesday fans get displaced from their usual parking spots with zero advance warning 

5 minutes ago, mkowlthesexynewversion said:

Well I walked past about 60 or 70 of the Newcastle coaches on the way back to the car. Nowt ever gets said about the fact that Wednesday fans get displaced from their usual parking spots with zero advance warning 

Up on Claywheels lane my brother in law was told by a steward he couldn’t park up there by the Jubilee club.

Apparently the steward up there said they’d been advance warnings on local radio etc. which he knew was balls. 
There were no police enforcing anything, no visible signs so he told them to go spin.

And parked behind some other cars which were already there. Nothing happened, but there were loads who were turning away.

2 hours ago, HoylandOwl said:

Up on Claywheels lane my brother in law was told by a steward he couldn’t park up there by the Jubilee club.

Apparently the steward up there said they’d been advance warnings on local radio etc. which he knew was balls. 
There were no police enforcing anything, no visible signs so he told them to go spin.

And parked behind some other cars which were already there. Nothing happened, but there were loads who were turning away.

My mate Steve who was sharing the car got on his high horse to a scouser steward bottom of the hill. Genuinely thought he was going to get out and chin him 

4 hours ago, HoylandOwl said:

Thought stewards had no 'juristiction' outside of the ground's footprint? 

Traffic/parking would have to be sorted by PCSOs, community officers, traffic wardens and the police. 

This story yesterday about two police authorities apologising to the families of those lost in the disaster:  I read it on the BBC News website.   Fine until I'd finished reading.  What then got right up my nose was the page proffering 'related stories', as it usually does. Except this one was the Lep / Newcastle game "crush" non-story.   🤬

"All these years on, they have announced that officers in the 43 forces of England and Wales will be trained in 'candour'. As if that were not a pre-requisite for every individual who puts on a uniform to maintain the law and, in the football sphere, keep people safe."

"Excuse me officer, can you keep me safe please? "

"You taking the piss Son?" as he starts asking you "have you been drinking" and drags you

Edited by Ozzie

On 01/02/2023 at 12:34, Skamp said:

Would you?  I'd want answers as to why my kids went to a game of football and never returned other than in a coffin

Or a trained first aider trying to save someone’s life at 3:25 and wondering where the fuck the ambulances were, only for the subsequent coroner’s inquest to tell you it didn’t matter because everyone was stone cold dead at 3:15.  

Or an ambulance driver blamed by your own boss your not moving, when you’d been clearly ordered to stay put by the police.

Or a copper with an impeccable service record who was on duty the day of a major disaster, and made a signed statement which was critical of the performance of senior officers, only for that evidence to be deemed too unimportant to be put before the jury at a coroners inquest.

I hope a law gets passed which introduces a statutory duty to public servants to be truthful in front of public inquiries.  It’s fairly astonishing that we don’t already have something like that.  It would be the one good thing to come out of that endless shambles.

I do however agree with Owlin that it’s bloody irritating that any new development relating to the police lying, apologising for lying, or being forced to tell the truth, gets linked to every something and nothing bit of nonsense that happens in our ground.

Edited by owl71
  • Like 1

At a quiz last night and there was an 80s round - Q at what stadium did riots cause the death of 39 football fans

I immediately rebuked the quiz chap by saying he had forgotten to say rioting Liverpool fans

One of our team insisted it was "Hillsborough" so I have sent her details to the Bishop of Liverpool for putting on the list 

Looking forward to a retraction from Ian Herbert, Daily Mail, Kelly Cates, Look North West (or whatever the fuck it's called) Dan Carden, The Bishop of Liverpool, Uncle Tom Cobley and all.

Also looking forward to a two page write up in Sheffield Star and Yorkshire Live 

No idea which world I'm living in but it's not the real one

• 1 month later...
34 minutes ago, HoylandOwl said:

So.

The Lepp capacity has been brought down even more according to this that the Geordies have published today. 
Now we can only have 3,700 in that end. 

https://www.nufc.co.uk/news/latest-news/newcastle-united-shares-findings-from-hillsborough-safety-meeting/

Good to see presumably confidential meeting findings are published.

I presume the next time the Geordies go down to London to lose a final that capacity in Trafalgar Square will be reduced to 56% of normal levels 

20 minutes ago, Owling_Wolf said:

Best thing to do: remove all the seats, knock the entire Lep stand down, leave the rubble where it lands and let away fans stand where they want.  As few or as many as wants to pay to do so.  

Get it rebuilt. Make it totally different. Get rid of the legacy that went before, and stop more potential abuse/council/sag bollocks. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, HoylandOwl said:

Get it rebuilt. Make it totally different. Get rid of the legacy that went before, and stop more potential abuse/council/sag bollocks. 

I obviously would never advocate waiting until that lot are inspecting it again to demolishing it. That would be quite wrong.   

👀