If I speak I will get in shit

Reesh

This article has really irked me.

And these bits in particular…

A female fan who attended the game with her 15-year-old son told The Times that two stewards at the front of the area that became most overcrowded, at the front of the Leppings Lane end, did nothing to direct fans away from the area towards their seats. The NUST has also received complaints about overcrowding in the upper concourse of the Leppings Lane end at half-time during Saturday’s third-round tie.

So, the fan with her son doesn’t have the ability to MOVE of their own free will to their seats and find them? 

and.

Overcrowding in the upper concourse.

ITS DEEMED AS ADEQUATE BY THE SGSA for the number of people in the stand. As Wednesday’s statement says, no rules, regs etc we’re broken.

I’d like to know….
Is anything being done about the sizeable numbers of pissed up Geordies carrying alcohol from ame onto their buses before and after the game?

That’s ok though isn’t it?

13 minutes ago, HoylandOwl said:

A female fan who attended the game with her 15-year-old son told The Times that two stewards at the front of the area that became most overcrowded, at the front of the Leppings Lane end, did nothing to direct fans away from the area towards their seats. The NUST has also received complaints about overcrowding in the upper concourse of the Leppings Lane end at half-time during Saturday’s third-round tie.

So, the fan with her son doesn’t have the ability to MOVE of their own free will to their seats and find them? 

and.

ITS DEEMED AS ADEQUATE BY THE SGSA for the number of people in the stand. As Wednesday’s statement says, no rules, regs etc we’re broken.

I’d like to know….
Is anything being done about the sizeable numbers of pissed up Geordies carrying alcohol from ame onto their buses before and after the game?

Like i said I can give an eyewitness account of the Newcastle fans opening up the luggage compartments of the coaches post match to extract the booze they had hidden away from sight. 

Again I am sure that happens up and down the country every weekend - so no gripe with the Newcastle fans doing it. Indeed its a very tiny minority who have raised any concerns - most probably preferred it was a bit old school 

But I can guarantee at Wycombe at HT on Saturday the concourse will be overcrowded - like every away game I have been to in recent times. Jeez even at MK with its wide concourses it was full  

3 minutes ago, mkowlthesexynewversion said:

Like i said I can give an eyewitness account of the Newcastle fans opening up the luggage compartments of the coaches post match to extract the booze they had hidden away from sight. 

Again I am sure that happens up and down the country every weekend - so no gripe with the Newcastle fans doing it. Indeed its a very tiny minority who have raised any concerns - most probably preferred it was a bit old school 

But I can guarantee at Wycombe at HT on Saturday the concourse will be overcrowded - like every away game I have been to in recent times. Jeez even at MK with its wide concourses it was full  

You’re not wrong MK, but it just smacks so obviously now of a click bait / playing on past disaster. 
We all know that not one supporter should ever have to go through what those 97 did, regardless of circumstance. 

However, to have the club continually dragged through the mud NOW, under different ownership, different stewardship, when they HAVE followed rules and regs or in many cases exceeded the expectations put upon them, absolutely stinks.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, HoylandOwl said:

and.

I’d like to know….

It's always a blame game, I didn't realise fully grown adults needed to be directed to their seats, this has been totally out of proportion its absolutely ridiculous now.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, HoylandOwl said:

Someone just pointed this at the OO twitter..

hmmm

Have the Newcastle supporters group spoken about that Beige wearing Neanderthal spitting at Windass and then turning on the steward?  That right there shows they are the problem.

They sit darn or stand in front of their seat and there's no issue.s

Also we lose that game and we'd hear nothing about it.

The 15 year old probably wanted to be in the middle of it, like we all did when we were 15. He probably didn't appreciate being there with his mum either. Any concourse is going to be rammed at half time. There's nowhere else to go and it's where the beer and food is and, as been said many times by MK, you can't take it back to your seat so where else are you going to stand?

Comments like that make me wonder if these people have been to an away game before. Very rarely do away facilities match home ones, especially if you're used to a family stand type environment where you're not experiencing the more vociferous element of your support. 

The Elland Road story is a year old but there is nothing on Google to say the FA waded into that one like they're doing with us. It's just a load of gubbins from their Trust complaining that they should have been let in quicker cos they all arrived late due to traffic. COVID passports were still being checked when the game kicked off. 

The whole Newcastle are a big club and that as a League 1 club we weren't ready for em boils my piss (amongst a lot of the spurious lies) 

They were here a couple of years ago and L1 is only recent again for us, we're not a non league venue, our stadium holds @40K.

Listening to the "harrowing stories"/ lies  the fans made up makes you even wonder if they've ever been to a game at all. They'd struggle in Meadowhell 

The horse punching twats have certainly got an air of grandeur about em since the Sheikh money has come in.

Thought they were fairly ok, - wanted em to stick it to the the "big 6" who were clearly pissed that the big money went there - decent support (albeit a 1 club city) despite winning nowt, and used it be a decent night out before the reality tv types with orange skin, wheel arch marker pen eyebrows and cleavage out to their navels... and that's the men!

1 hour ago, Ozzie said:

The horse punching twats have certainly got an air of grandeur about em since the Sheikh money has come in.

Thought they were fairly ok, - wanted em to stick it to the the "big 6" who were clearly pissed that the big money went there - decent support (albeit a 1 club city) despite winning nowt, and used it be a decent night out before the reality tv types with orange skin, wheel arch marker pen eyebrows and cleavage out to their navels... and that's the men!

Never liked em since they went from 17,000 crowds to 40,000 when Keegan took over, bandwagon jumping twats. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Bellsview said:

Doing my fucking head in is this now.

We ought to spend some money on doing up the triangle between North Stand and West Stand and put all away supporters in there.

And hope it fucking rains every game! 

Then we’d lose more than the first block of the North to make sure the Steve Backley/ Fatima Whitbreads of the fan bases can’t hurl things at each other. 

13 minutes ago, HoylandOwl said:

Then we’d lose more than the first block of the North to make sure the Steve Backley/ Fatima Whitbreads of the fan bases can’t hurl things at each other. 

Made me laugh, that. All them Fatima Whitbreads stood pointing in the end bit of the North.

To be fair she looked tougher than Steve Backley and I wouldn't have been caught pointing at him!  

It's mad though isn't it. Look at the Manchester derby yesterday, and numerous stadiums in the top flight especially. A couple of rows blanked off between fans, that's about it. 

Yet at our place, even though they're in different stands, we still get blocks covered over...

I sort of understand the bottom right and left of the lepp as you look at it, and the bottom of the North/South corners adjecent to the lepp being unused but beyond that is nuts IMO.

Just to put some perspective. I think there were 3 turnstiles for the 2000 odd Wednesday fans yesterday. Perhaps there were others I didn't see. You go in by the corner flag near the small stand. There is no concourse behind that stand at all. There was one exit route after the game by said direction. 

That is the reality at lower level. And it was all fine, no issues at all 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, mkowlthesexynewversion said:

Just to put some perspective. I think there were 3 turnstiles for the 2000 odd Wednesday fans yesterday. Perhaps there were others I didn't see. You go in by the corner flag near the small stand. There is no concourse behind that stand at all. There was one exit route after the game by said direction. 

That is the reality at lower level. And it was all fine, no issues at all 

The same with the ad hoc splitting of their big stand for our game yesterday. As they'd done for another game recently, (Derby?), Wycombe moved some of their S.T. holders so we could have a length of their biggest stand as well as the usual small stand behind the goal. Very nice, too!  We had a great view and enjoyed it.  It made a nice change and meant that hundreds more of our fans saw the game.  One little incident caught my attention.  Low down, in front of us, some Owls fans used a track in front to access their seats in the lower main stand. Then an older bloke and kid walked up to the steward who was 'guarding' a barrier across that track further along. Obviously the temporary division of the stand.  She wouldn't let them past it. At which point another older gentleman walked down from higher in the stand and addressed the steward, obviously vouching that the pair were home fans or guests. Then they were allowed past. Important?  Just common sense being employed in suitable circumstances.  From the decision to relocate home S.T. holders to the benefit of both clubs to the smaller details worked out sensibly as above.   Probably no resultant witch hunt in the shittier media or jobsworth politicians jumping on the resultant bandwagon.  Well done all.  

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Owling_Wolf said:

The same with the ad hoc splitting of their big stand for our game yesterday. As they'd done for another game recently, (Derby?), Wycombe moved some of their S.T. holders so we could have a length of their biggest stand as well as the usual small stand behind the goal. Very nice, too!  We had a great view and enjoyed it.  It made a nice change and meant that hundreds more of our fans saw the game.  One little incident caught my attention.  Low down, in front of us, some Owls fans used a track in front to access their seats in the lower main stand. Then an older bloke and kid walked up to the steward who was 'guarding' a barrier across that track further along. Obviously the temporary division of the stand.  She wouldn't let them past it. At which point another older gentleman walked down from higher in the stand and addressed the steward, obviously vouching that the pair were home fans or guests. Then they were allowed past. Important?  Just common sense being employed in suitable circumstances.  From the decision to relocate home S.T. holders to the benefit of both clubs to the smaller details worked out sensibly as above.   Probably no resultant witch hunt in the shittier media or jobsworth politicians jumping on the resultant bandwagon.  Well done all.  

Ipswich not Derby, interestingly we didn't sell it out either.

4 minutes ago, Neville Facking Bartos said:

Some people that wanted to go initially couldn’t as they didn’t intend on travelling with kids, constitutes a sell out to me as family stand is different. Anyway, are you sure those family tickets didn’t end up going after this?

https://www.swfc.co.uk/news/2023/january/wycombe-tickets-sold-out/

Yes.

We got 2837 and attended was 2572

21 hours ago, HoylandOwl said:

Let em get close and they can knuckle drag each other off this planet. Fucking embarrassing that set of mongs pointing and acting dick knowing they're perfectly safe. No barrier might make some of em grow up

16 minutes ago, mkowlthesexynewversion said:

So not "overcrowding" maybe issues with how crowds moved around

Interesting that it then goes on to say the question about drinks being permitted in to the stands should be re-considered 

Because that is the actual issue really 

Would imagine this will be splashed all over the front page of the mail tomorrow.

1 hour ago, mkowlthesexynewversion said:

So not "overcrowding" maybe issues with how crowds moved around

Interesting that it then goes on to say the question about drinks being permitted in to the stands should be re-considered 

Because that is the actual issue really 

I hope Wednesday have a word with the Mail now. Or ban the ‘journalist’ or both. 

• 2 weeks later...

I repeat, if there are genuine safety issues to be addressed then fair enough. However, having a feeling is different to genuine objective matters the club can do something about.

Maybe we are too tolerant of the shit holes we put up with when we travel away in numbers, which is more often than we’d like to debate.

• Like 3