Toytowns Cup Final match thread

HappyOwl

The game was a joy to watch, good atmosphere and always great to get one over Toytown (I think they were quietly confident after the Coventry result) a great attacking first half where we could have been out of sight (I’m always a bit worried at 1-0 as we know what happens), I’m not sure if Rovrum were so poor it made us look good but there has been an improvement in each game since Rohl took over, decent test at Brizzle up next.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Reesh said:

@HappyOwl watch yersen apparently the Groomers have teamed up with the Berties and Falkirk today.

23 hours ago, EastCraigsOwl said:

Falkirk?

Don't the weird ***** remember Simon Stainrod, Chris Waddle, Burton O'Brien, Will Vaulks, etc.?

The Falkirk lot were part of a group that had travelled to watch Scunthorpe on the Saturday. 

Apparently they come down to watch Scunny play every year. Don't quite know how the love in started but they've been doing it for 10 years. Over 100 made the trip 

20 hours ago, Tylluan said:

The Falkirk lot were part of a group that had travelled to watch Scunthorpe on the Saturday. 

Apparently they come down to watch Scunny play every year. Don't quite know how the love in started but they've been doing it for 10 years. Over 100 made the trip 

Ruperts and Scunny? I'll need to put my thinking cap on for that one.

Not indoors though, obviously 😉

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Bob Petrie said:

Meanwhile, over in Switzerland, bottom of the league FC Basel have scrapped their October goal of the month comp after failing to score a single goal throughout the month. 

Can you imagine that?!

Probably happened at Wednesday in 74/75!!

2 hours ago, Otto_Man said:

How are them grapes Millers? The time wasting comment is laughable Dawson got booked for it

Not just Millers; Dingles still choking over Wembley. One offering sympathy on that thread.

Admittedly sone iffy decisions on Sunday but fact is that Rotherham were totally outplayed and were lucky not to be 4 or 5 down before half time.

Funny how they don't mention their number 14 who gave away 5 fouls in the first 10 minutes and continued to foul all the match and kept falling down trying to get free kicks and was never spoken to once by the ref

Funny how they don't mention the ref not blowing bang on time in the first half to allow them to take a corner and waited for us to clear it before blowing

33 minutes ago, Tank_Owl2,0 said:

If the ref was poor, he was for both teams.

He was inconsistent throughout. Some meaty challenges went on with no free kick and then little nudges were sanctioned.

I don’t think he’s the best we’ve seen but he generally did let play go imho.

I thought he WAS consistent in letting almost all the small stuff go for both teams and generally just booking some bigger ones. And Dawson, who asked for it.

23 minutes ago, HarrySpeakup said:

Funny how they don't mention their number 14 who gave away 5 fouls in the first 10 minutes and continued to foul all the match and kept falling down trying to get free kicks and was never spoken to once by the ref

Funny how they don't mention the ref not blowing bang on time in the first half to allow them to take a corner and waited for us to clear it before blowing

Amen!  They kicked off with their no.7 doing two obvious fouls, then handing over the mantle to my namesake, no.14, to do four without interuption.  As you say, without caution. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HarrySpeakup said:

Tbf there is no "bang on time" the number put up is a minimum number of minutes 

• Like 1

New York Talk on Youtube is worth a laugh. Runty fucker who needs to blow his nose and get rid of the green snot in the back of his throat had other commitments and missed the episode... Mick Miller was late on, probably drying his tears.

All fuming and their manager has to go because they lost to the worst team in the league and are totally flummoxed.

They don't seem to have realised our shite spell ended when Xisco left and our Rohlvolution has caught em on the hop.

Won't be long before they're propping up the table

Edited by Ozzie