Chairman's statement

Otto_Man

Thought I’d nip over to Owlstalk to see what their posters are saying. Just look at the very first response to whether Chansiri should stay at the club, from poster Eaton_Swfc. 

it says it all and I didn’t bother to read anything else after that. What hope is there when people are making posts like that (and getting away with them) on a SWFC message board? I’m all for free speech and I’ll always defend people’s rights to voice what they think, but posts like that cross a line.

I don’t care about the poll outcome, as supporters are free to vote however they like, but that post labelling Chansiri as scum is absolutely disgraceful!

IMG_2328.jpeg

2 minutes ago, Bellsview said:

Thought I’d nip over to Owlstalk to see what their posters are saying. Just look at the very first response to whether Chansiri should stay at the club, from poster Eaton_Swfc. 

it says it all and I didn’t bother to read anything else after that. What hope is there when people are making posts like that (and getting away with them) on a SWFC message board? I’m all for free speech and I’ll always defend people’s rights to voice what they think, but posts like that cross a line.

I don’t care about the poll outcome, as supporters are free to vote however they like, but that post labelling Chansiri as scum is absolutely disgraceful!

IMG_2328.jpeg

If he’s referring to the poster above then I think I agree. 

• Like 1

There's no way on this earth that's legit and from the club. 

Firstly it says sent from IPhone but it's on a template. That's also not the official template I've received communication in in the past. 

The cod English is also a give away. It's written like Benny Hill trying to do a Chinaman impression in the 80s. Chansiri's English is better than that but the response would have been written by someone at the club from a dictated response. It probably would also have gone past legal as well. 

If it is false then I hope Chansiri and the club come down legally like a ton of bricks

• Like 3

I genuinely don't know what to say about today.

I am definitely fence sitting on this.

On one side in here - almost unilaterally in the social media fan base any way - there is reasonable support for Chansiri and disdain for the protestors

On Stalk it is 95% anti Chansiri easily 

All I know is the Club is a fucking mess in every direction you consider. Some of the language used by the anti Chansiri mob is disgraceful

Equally I find some of the language aimed at the fan base by Chansiri down right insulting as well.

Neither side comes out looking like they have a clue 

I will never lose my love for Sheffield Wednesday but fuck me it is getting hard to like where we are now

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, LiamOwl said:

I saw a similar one last week that used some of the same language that is in today’s statement. What good have you done for the club etc. that made me think it could be true. 

Would Chansiri really put r instead of are (4 times) judt, instead of just. Call Darren Moore just darren with a lower case d?

That official statement has got a legal presence all over it before it was released so do you think he's going to answer anyone personally in that way?

And if he wrote this morning's statement himself then his English is a damn sight better in that than in that so called reply

2 minutes ago, Tylluan said:

Would Chansiri really put r instead of are (4 times) judt, instead of just. Call Darren Moore just darren with a lower case d?

That official statement has got a legal presence all over it before it was released so do you think he's going to answer anyone personally in that way?

And if he wrote this morning's statement himself then his English is a damn sight better in that than in that so called reply

Not saying this is genuine, but The Star in the piece Alex Miller wrote at lunchtime it suggests they have seen certain emails between Chansiri and individual supporters that are not written in a good manner.

This is very different to making stuff up, not sure why you would unless you are jumping the bandwagon 

38 minutes ago, Neville Facking Bartos said:

There’s evidence that people have tried that before and it’s failed. The box holders I think were the first, then at numerous times people have tried unsuccessfully at fan forums.

Anyway, just listened to this which I think is fair and balanced 

Yeah true, but maybe they weren’t the right people (and I know that sounds arrogant)

As for the email, looks fake but if it is real I would have to say it’s poor from Chansiri but also any email to him today is just going to wind him up. 

7 minutes ago, mkowlthesexynewversion said:

And folk might not like this but the suggestion of violence against those who are protesting or concerned about Chansiri's running the Club is as disdainful as the racist and insulting language against the owner.

Not advocating violence just suggesting the majority should "sort out" the minority.

Y'know like a certain former chairman did.

46 minutes ago, Neville Facking Bartos said:

There’s evidence that people have tried that before and it’s failed. The box holders I think were the first, then at numerous times people have tried unsuccessfully at fan forums.

Anyway, just listened to this which I think is fair and balanced 

The only thing Jordan knows about running football clubs is how to run them into the ground

5 minutes ago, Neville Facking Bartos said:

Clubs a disgrace from top to bottom and it’s all in the **** sat at the top. An absolute embarrassment he is 

Not sure how it's Chansiris fault that Paterson can't control a ball or Diaby can't defend or he's insisting we have 11 at the back to defend a corner at 3-0 down.

Yes he appointed the manager, but it's not like he appointed Hockaday

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Neville Facking Bartos said:

Jesus Christ on a bike if this is genuine then he doesn’t help himself does he…

Seen a similar written letter like this as well on a different subject. 1867 group using their social media savvy alla the social media farms in Belarus  to stir up crap.

8 hours ago, EBRA said:

Less black balloons than tennis balls and then this 

Protest south stand

come on Chansiri put the ball back in play and get investing 

I respect your opinions and you have defended him, but I genuinely fail to grasp why you consider Chansiri continuing to be our owner will lead to a good outcome.

The fact he has thrown his toys out the pram should be ample evidence of this.

I totally get without his money we are fucked.

I totally get that the protest groups need to justify their actions by bringing a new investor to the table

But I simply think it is equally delusional to look back over the 8 years plus of his ownership and conclude we are in a better place on the pitch despite the millions wasted. I refuse to use the word invest.

To fear for the future without him I totally understand. But I fear for our future with him. 

Sometimes, like Sunderland did, more prominent like Luton did, we need to take a hit on the chin now. 

12 hours ago, Tylluan said:

15 minutes ago, mkowlthesexynewversion said:

I respect your opinions and you have defended him, but I genuinely fail to grasp why you consider Chansiri continuing to be our owner will lead to a good outcome.

I totally get that the protest groups need to justify their actions by bringing a new investor to the table

But I simply think it is equally delusional to look back over the 8 years plus of his ownership and conclude we are in a better place on the pitch despite the millions wasted. I refuse to use the word invest.

To fear for the future without him I totally understand. But I fear for our future with him. 

Sometimes, like Sunderland did, more prominent like Luton did, we need to take a hit on the chin now. 

Absolutely spot on with every post you've made in the last 24 hours. 

16 minutes ago, mkowlthesexynewversion said:

Trust me I think this is a mess! Trust me I am also worried.

I also don’t think it a totally lost cause under D.C. continued ownership.

Am annoyed about the statement because I think their plenty of Wednesday fans who were neutral on him and I think a different start to the season we wouldn’t either be discussing this!

This new group were/are a reflection on current societal debate thanks to the last 10 years of fuckwittery of political debate IMHO.

There was NO major protest tonight - yes loads of apathy! I am dreading another season in league 1 because you know what I’ll be their!

I am fed up of the “priced” out masses .. not because I think the prices are fair .. I think they are too high also BUT the stats show it’s a bloody myth!

People pay when the smell of success exists not just because we are playing a game on a Saturday and it’s £24!

I’d be supportive of huge reset under Chansiri these next  few weeks - it should be led by the engagement panel who should come together NOW and make representation asap!

BUT I also think Chansiri could sell ASAP and want these so called groups to step up and get the deal done!

I can’t see it working for Munoz but if I take Chansiri words he ain’t going anywhere soon - BUT as a friend pointed out if selling a house your touch it up before selling it! So you never know but who comes in when the owner said he ain’t investing!

Re 8 years of Chansiri I benchmark it against the previous - factor in during that time we were almost wound up! Yo Yo’d between leagues .. and mid table at best then I look at his time!

Better attendances

Highest league finishes

Records fees paid

Dealing with NEW FFP rules

Dealing with Covid 

Record breaking season

Plenty of drama for sure and more off field than on! 

But as long as the owner doesn’t truly pull the plug we are more stable financially in football terms (highly dependent on his wealth- yes!) than the previous 8 on average!
And if sold I see no different a set up financially tbh!

I don’t want him gone for some of the reason I see online - but if he’s going it should be quick now surely if Shaw and others trying to buy us!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, EBRA said:

Am annoyed about the statement because I think their plenty of Wednesday fans who were neutral on him and I think a different start to the season we wouldn’t either be discussing this!

This new group were/are a reflection on current societal debate thanks to the last 10 years of fuckwittery of political debate IMHO.

There was NO major protest tonight - yes loads of apathy! I am dreading another season in league 1 because you know what I’ll be their!

I am fed up of the “priced” out masses .. not because I think the prices are fair .. I think they are too high also BUT the stats show it’s a bloody myth!

People pay when the smell of success exists not just because we are playing a game on a Saturday and it’s £24!

I’d be supportive of huge reset under Chansiri these next  few weeks - it should be led by the engagement panel who should come together NOW and make representation asap!

BUT I also think Chansiri could sell ASAP and want these so called groups to step up and get the deal done!

I can’t see it working for Munoz but if I take Chansiri words he ain’t going anywhere soon - BUT as a friend pointed out if selling a house your touch it up before selling it! So you never know but who comes in when the owner said he ain’t investing!

Re 8 years of Chansiri I benchmark it against the previous - factor in during that time we were almost wound up! Yo Yo’d between leagues .. and mid table at best then I look at his time!

Better attendances

Highest league finishes

Records fees paid

Dealing with Covid 

Record breaking season

But as long as the owner doesn’t truly pull the plug we are more stable financially in football terms (highly dependent on his wealth- yes!) than the previous 8 on average!

I don’t want him gone for some of the reason I see online - but if he’s going it should be quick now surely if Shaw and others trying to buy us!

Re the attendances.

Do the season ticket sales count towards the attendance even if they don’t turn up?

14 minutes ago, HoylandOwl said:

Re the attendances.

Do the season ticket sales count towards the attendance even if they don’t turn up?

Almost always have .. but look

at average during the successful championship run and we had not seen that since the early 90’s that my point!

And guess what! Chief criticism first full season under D.C.??? People priced out!! 

That’s my point.

p.s. 100% economically times were different for many but so we’re costs of running a football club.

31 minutes ago, EBRA said:

Better attendances

Highest league finishes

Records fees paid

Dealing with Covid 

Record breaking season

Will total agree on social media fuckwittery, I often consider this place is one of the last bastions of considered opinions and general respect for other views.

Our main divergence of opinion is really whether Chansiri can turn our fortunes. 

If you haven't read it try and find the Alan Biggs article about Chansiri's tenure. It echoes my views on what has gone wrong. And sadly I don't see that Chansiri could or would be minded to change his approach. 

He is controlling, but so are many business owners, he is entitled, seen that way too much from 2nd or 3rd generations from wealthy families, he listens only to the advice he wants to hear.

The Club will never permanently move forward under his tenure. It could be one step forward but 3 steps back

And whilst you list what we have achieved in those 8 years and yes they are an improvement on the mess we had before, I simply do not see there is a plan. And that is my ultimate disappointment with his era. I thought he grasped what was needed for the Club. I almost lament the play offs that first season because it gave the impression you could simply throw money and guarantee success. In many ways we did that last season but it was built on quicksand.

The contrast with Sunderland and Ipswich is stark 

I have defended DC on many fronts. He saved us, he chucked his money in. 

Seeing his statement yesterday (albeit fleetingly in a car park in Leicester) I thought most of it was fair comment. However, in the very cold light of day, I’ve seen how incendiary it is. Basically he’s threatening everyone, even those that have supported him, because of the actions of the minority. Either we sort out the protestors, or we all suffer. This is having the opposite effect and turning more people against him. The minority will soon become the majority. 

For all the things he’s done where he can defend his tenure, he would struggle to defend two fundamental things. His managerial appointments. His lack of a long term plan. I had hoped we had moved towards a longer term plan this season but that can only be delivered successfully by having a structure of people that have a track record of delivering this elsewhere. Throughout his time at Wednesday, the one thing that hasn’t changed is that all decisions are taken by DC with advice from Paixao. Neither has proven themselves to be capable of making the right decisions and that should have changed a long time ago. If he doesn’t recognise this and isn’t prepared to change that dynamic then he needs to consider selling. 

41 minutes ago, mkowlthesexynewversion said:

Will total agree on social media fuckwittery, I often consider this place is one of the last bastions of considered opinions and general respect for other views.

Our main divergence of opinion is really whether Chansiri can turn our fortunes. 

If you haven't read it try and find the Alan Biggs article about Chansiri's tenure. It echoes my views on what has gone wrong. And sadly I don't see that Chansiri could or would be minded to change his approach. 

He is controlling, but so are many business owners, he is entitled, seen that way too much from 2nd or 3rd generations from wealthy families, he listens only to the advice he wants to hear.

The Club will never permanently move forward under his tenure. It could be one step forward but 3 steps back

And whilst you list what we have achieved in those 8 years and yes they are an improvement on the mess we had before, I simply do not see there is a plan. And that is my ultimate disappointment with his era. I thought he grasped what was needed for the Club. I almost lament the play offs that first season because it gave the impression you could simply throw money and guarantee success. In many ways we did that last season but it was built on quicksand.

The contrast with Sunderland and Ipswich is stark 

It contrasts but is it a plan or just their turn in the cycle?

I try to put D.C. into context I guess.. if am not comparing against previous years then if I view in isolation?

In isolation I would say he’s a c grade owner who was once b+.

Now this season antics and performance may see me down ground him to a D .. or an F.

If am comparing to other clubs their 92 to choose from and even more during his time.

Using the likes of Brentford is ok I guess - but for every Brentford theirs a Wigan or Oldham.. 

After having had a bit of time to reflect on all that happened yesterday, I think we have to accept that Chansiri has probably reached the point of no return. It’s of course his own fault in the way he has the club, but the actions of 1867 have brought things to a head in a way that could cause serious damage. Both are at fault.

We have to start by changing the manager as that’s the only thing that can change things on the pitch. Chansiri could sell tomorrow but with Xisco on charge we would still be fucked.

Then Chansiri has to make positive moves to try and move on. Engage an agent to sell the club properly (which he has done before and could be doing now for all we know). Then try and rise above all the nonsense and just don’t react. Stay quiet and let the people at the club run the club. If he can also bring himself to engage with some sensible, knowledgeable fans to try and repair some damage that would also help.

Right now he is hurting. In his mind he has pumped money into the club, firstly to try and get promotion then just to keep things going. And now ungrateful (in his mind) fans are giving him stick. Some of which I think we can all agree has been unacceptable. And remember it will only take one person crossing the line to set him off.

For his part, Chansiri needs to understand how much this is hurting the fans at the moment, and own his mistakes. A bit of humility would go a long way.

In any conflict it’s always better to try and understand the motivations and psychology of your adversary. A bit of that is needed here on both sides.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Chelters said:

After having had a bit of time to reflect on all that happened yesterday, I think we have to accept that Chansiri has probably reached the point of no return. It’s of course his own fault in the way he has the club, but the actions of 1867 have brought things to a head in a way that could cause serious damage. Both are at fault.

We have to start by changing the manager as that’s the only thing that can change things on the pitch. Chansiri could sell tomorrow but with Xisco on charge we would still be fucked.

Then Chansiri has to make positive moves to try and move on. Engage an agent to sell the club properly (which he has done before and could be doing now for all we know). Then try and rise above all the nonsense and just don’t react. Stay quiet and let the people at the club run the club. If he can also bring himself to engage with some sensible, knowledgeable fans to try and repair some damage that would also help.

Right now he is hurting. In his mind he has pumped money into the club, firstly to try and get promotion then just to keep things going. And now ungrateful (in his mind) fans are giving him stick. Some of which I think we can all agree has been unacceptable. And remember it will only take one person crossing the line to set him off.

For his part, Chansiri needs to understand how much this is hurting the fans at the moment, and own his mistakes. A bit of humility would go a long way.

In any conflict it’s always better to try and understand the motivations and psychology of your adversary. A bit of that is needed here on both sides.

I am not convinced he would talk to anyone unless he saw them as an equal in terms of wealth. 

4 minutes ago, Neville Facking Bartos said:

@Chelters Too easy to blame 1867 but I’m not having that, they were so easy for them to ignore considering the little impact they had. How many balls and balloons? 

On your engagement comments, you could try and reach out to him, be interesting to see if the response you get is similar to the one that guy shared on Twitter 

We’ll have to agree to disagree on that, I think they have stoked the fire - on social media more than in the ground - and it’s led to a reaction from Chansiri that could have been avoided.

I would be happy to speak to him. I know my onions on corporate transactions and accounting but he needs to want to listen first. 

6 hours ago, mkowlthesexynewversion said:

No why would it be rigged against Sheffield Wednesday. We are not that important. 

6 hours ago, EBRA said:

It’s a fair point the system is rigged against any championship team financially I would argue not to us specifically.

This is my point, unless you've been in the premier league fairly recently you have no capacity to spend money, regardless of how much a new owner is or isn't willing to commit.

Even if we bring in a new owner they'll still be constrained by the same rules DC is. I get the argument about making it financially viable, but let's be right, majority of our fanbase only want to turn up if there's a chance of glory. Doubt we'd sell the ground out week in week out in the Prem.

2 minutes ago, Otto_Man said:

This is my point, unless you've been in the premier league fairly recently you have no capacity to spend money, regardless of how much a new owner is or isn't willing to commit.

Even if we bring in a new owner they'll still be constrained by the same rules DC is. I get the argument about making it financially viable, but let's be right, majority of our fanbase only want to turn up if there's a chance of glory. Doubt we'd sell the ground out week in week out in the Prem.

There is a clear dichotomy, you either have Financial Fair Play and try and get some stability in football finances (including ticket prices, merchandise and TV packages) or let it go to a free for all. Which fans will pay the price for and enhanced risk of clubs collapsing.

Chansiri has been the architect of his own downfall since the departure of Darren Moore. So many people were at the point of giving him a chance again but the 3/4 statements and the Carlton Palmer press conference coupled with poor recruitment and managerial choices everything has come to a head. With some Milan Mandaric style media management, he could have avoided this.

The real issue is the constant bad calls, lack of planning, research, infrastructure and not rewarding non playing staff in line with competitors etc (I don’t mean managers but the others who make a club work) which has us where we are now. Another owner with less money could come in and do better at that IMO. I’m not convinced Chansiri has that much these days anyway.

I have always given him the benefit of the doubt and disliked the lack of balance re him on social media generally  as he’s put loads into this but how he’s come across since the summer and especially on Friday it’s evaporated any hope of success with him for me. It’s just catch 22 given the financial reliance on him, so admittedly it’s a an awful feeling for those of us who follow closely. Despite what he says I don’t think he wins a battle with the fan base over time.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, TheExile said:

Chansiri has been the architect of his own downfall since the departure of Darren Moore. So many people were at the point of giving him a chance again but the 3/4 statements and the Carlton Palmer press conference coupled with poor recruitment and managerial choices everything has come to a head. With some Milan Mandaric style media management, he could have avoided this.

The real issue is the constant bad calls, lack of planning, research, infrastructure and not rewarding non playing staff in line with competitors etc (I don’t mean managers but the others who make a club work) which has us where we are now. Another owner with less money could come in and do better at that IMO. I’m not convinced Chansiri has that much these days anyway.

I have always given him the benefit of the doubt and disliked the lack of balance re him on social media generally  as he’s put loads into this but how he’s come across since the summer and especially on Friday it’s evaporated any hope of success with him for me. It’s just catch 22 given the financial reliance on him, so admittedly it’s a an awful feeling for those of us who follow closely. Despite what he says I don’t think he wins a battle with the fan base over time.

Well he has 2 nuclear options

Just wind up the company or

Sell the football side and keep the stadium