Chairman's statement

Otto_Man

I appreciate there will be a variety of views on this. 

Parts I agree with

1) there should never be personal insults 

2) those attacking or going to his family are sad *****

3) said in recent comments on here, you will never force him out. Any demands to leave have to be with here is the investor

The other side is also comes across as a bit entitled and withdrawing funding is the "it's my ball" tantrum when you started losing as a kid

And if I was a player or employee of the Club that threat to pull funding is going to go down like a lead balloon 

Sadly I think this statement will pour petrol not dowse with water the flames 

• Like 3

Those protestors are not fans, they want to disrupt, but they haven’t got 10 pence between them and don’t know anyone else who has 10 pence between them. As I said before, if they can bring an investor to the table, all good. But they can’t.

The statement is what we all feared would happen, the owner has decided that he’s had enough and that he’s no longer going to support the club financially, that means the 2 million he’s putting in a month to prop us up is gone if we take him literally at his word.

• Like 8

2 minutes ago, Andyben said:

Any protestors tonight should get a fucking right kicking 

And I've never been one to advocate violence, but I'll make an exception for this mob, the 1867, the racists at the WTID Podcast, Hargreaves etc

I hope they get smashed up and down Penistone road

Not forgetting the idiot brothers. 

Edited by Andyben
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, mkowlthesexynewversion said:

I appreciate there will be a variety of views on this. 

Parts I agree with

1) there should never be personal insults 

2) those attacking or going to his family are sad *****

3) said in recent comments on here, you will never force him out. Any demands to leave have to be with here is the investor

The other side is also comes across as a bit entitled and withdrawing funding is the "it's my ball" tantrum when you started losing as a kid

And if I was a player or employee of the Club that threat to pull funding is going to go down like a lead balloon 

Sadly I think this statement will pour petrol not dowse with water the flames 

Our local Rugby team won the Championship last year but couldn't get promoted to the Premiership (with the likes of Leicester etc) because of the ground.

Yesterday it ceased trading and everyone was made redundant. 

This is the reality we're facing now.

Well, the idiot (and anonymous) protesters are on the verge of getting what they want now, and as most of us on here have said right from the very start of these protests, it comes down to this.

“To those who are trying to create trouble damaging the club, I ask, what have you done that is good for your club, why are you trying to harm it? If I am such a bad owner, what are you doing on your side?”

I’ve been against these protests from the start, because if DC decides to pull the plug (or funding) then what? And now it looks like it’s going to, or could, happen.

I’m not going to blow smoke up DC’s backside because he has made mistakes, but for me none of them have been made to deliberately jeopardise the club. They’ve been down to naivety, possibly stubbornness and maybe a touch of inexperience as well. What I will say though, is that I don’t think we’ve ever had a more honest Chairman at the club in all my years of being a supporter (and maybe that honesty is again naivety on DC’s part), and that statement comes clearly from the heart. He’s hurting, and who can blame him when the idiot element of our support make it personal by attacking him personally, his family and even his culture?

Well I hope the 1867 Group, Owlstalk muppets and the loons who think protesting without a Plan B are happy now, because they’ve got to DC and clearly upset him. Well now it’s time for you wankers to step up to the plate and tell us what you’re going to do if DC refuses to put another penny into SWFC. You’ve been full of mouth up to now, and we’ve now reached a turning point where it’s time to put your money where your mouths have been, or the club could be finished.

Your call now, you stupid fuckwits!

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

His statements typically have some useful info and one or two decent points albeit hidden amongst a load of things that should never be said by the leader of an organisation even if that is what they think. Not really sure where it goes from here as the club is so reliant on him and the safe dismantling of the company structure he’s set up around the club and stadium and I’m not convinced there are that many rich buyers waiting in the wings at this point in time either 

Edited by TheExile

Predictable what's happened, it's gone way to far with his family brought into it, criminal damage at ground etc...

I asked some muppett's chanting against DC at Swansea who they wanted to take over "don't care mate, just need him him out" was reply. not much point talking any further !!!!

Usual lot who like de-stabilising club (even making £ from doing so)  will no doubt be revelling that there efforts have forced this. 

i really do despise some so called 'Wednesday fans' 

• Like 3

There are groups such as 1867 who mock anyone who suggests we need to be sure (or at least as sure as we can on private matters) on what might come next after Chansiri and that genuinely blows my mind. I think we do need a change but ongoing solvency and the means of competing in the championship and above has to be the primary objective.

The investment market for football clubs isn’t the best right now  

Edited by TheExile

Wow, just wow.

Thank you to those utter morons who have forced DC into this situation, we all have opinions on how things should be done etc but when it comes to insulting his family again, I don't blame him for pulling the plug & saying "fuck ya then" which is exactly what he's done.

Those protesting tonight are not SWFC fans & do not speak for me.

• Like 6

The personal insults and abuse have concerned me for a while. I hoped with optimism rather than expectation that it wouldn't come to this.  How the players will react to the apparent possibility that their wages are under threat if Chansiri does cease his subsidies we'll see soon enough.

The last home match there were a handful  if protestors with the majority there just wanting to see Wednesday win a game of football. The minority may get their way but that's  OK as Hargreaves assures us that there are always people/buyers ready to step up. The accountants on here will know better but finally writing off past losses and allowing the club to hurtle into administration whilst he effectively retains the most tangible main asset, the ground, seems a real possibility to this unqualified old supporter.

For me I'll  just keep going to watch the team good or bad but for how long this will be possible; who know?

20 minutes ago, owl4ever1867 said:

Wow, just wow.

Thank you to those utter morons who have forced DC into this situation, we all have opinions on how things should be done etc but when it comes to insulting his family again, I don't blame him for pulling the plug & saying "fuck ya then" which is exactly what he's done.

Those protesting tonight are not SWFC fans & do not speak for me.

Nor me.

Edited by Teddy Nickelarse
Correction

So extra investment is not happening now.

No point shouting for a new manager anymore as he’s sticking with Munoz as I’d argue that would represent investment at this stage.

He’s not going to let the club come to harm regards being wound up based on that statement - he’s just not putting extra money in.

Early bird prices about to go up.

Protesters have won! He’s on his way but he needs a buyer still.

He promised to give it to a buyer who meets his criteria - most seller do that tbf.  

If Shaw is genuine he needs to get the cash together now! 

But there are loads and loads of buyers out there am told.. so no need to panic ..

Got a feeling wee going to win tonight! 

13 minutes ago, Teddy Nickelarse said:

The personal insults and abuse have concerned me for a while. I hoped with optimism rather than expectation that it wouldn't come to this.  How the players will react to the apparent possibility that their wages are under threat if Chansiri does cease his subsidies we'll see soon enough.

The last home match there were a handful  if protestors with the majority there just wanting to see Wednesday win a game of football. The minority may get their way but that's  OK as Hargreaves assures us that there are always people/buyers ready to step up. The accountants on here will know better but finally writing off past losses and allowing the club to hurtle into administration whilst he effectively retains the most tangible main asset, the ground, seems a real possibility to this unqualified old supporter.

For me I'll  just keep going to watch the team good or bad but for how long this will be possible; who know?

It's probably better to not post owt than that shite!

1 hour ago, Andyben said:

And I've never been one to advocate violence, but I'll make an exception for this mob, the 1867, the racists at the WTID Podcast, Hargreaves etc

I hope they get smashed up and down Penistone road

Not forgetting the idiot brothers. 

Get this on pay per view and I'm in 😃

3 minutes ago, Chelters said:

And let’s be clear, DC not putting any more funding in probably means that in the not too distant future the players, staff and HMRC will not be paid. The club is not self sustainable. 

That’s what them thick ***** don’t understand.