Chairman's statement

Otto_Man

4 minutes ago, mkowlthesexynewversion said:

Well he has 2 nuclear options

Just wind up the company or

Sell the football side and keep the stadium

The latter seems more likely if things went really sour. Leeds struggled with that I think Jacob Adler had the stadium and someone else had the club. But in that instance it was because different parties bought different elements of the club which is an even worse scenario and unlikely 

Assume he winds the club up. What does he get? The playing staff will immediately be free agents and the shirts in the club shop will be returned.

He'd be better off letting it go for £5 and keeping the 2 grounds, at least he'll have a tenant for 5 years or so before it's developed into student flats on both sites.

Just now, Skamp said:

Assume he winds the club up. What does he get? The playing staff will immediately be free agents and the shirts in the club shop will be returned.

He'd be better off letting it go for £5 and keeping the 2 grounds, at least he'll have a tenant for 5 years or so before it's developed into student flats on both sites.

I don't think he would ever wind up the company, he has put too much money in and he would probably get a decent sum even just selling the football side 

I still think it would be option 2 because he would get the rent at least or could sell Sheffield 3 with the commercial value of that lease the key determinant 

It wouldn’t be that difficult to package the stadium up as part of the sale. Let’s not forget he hasn’t even finished paying for it yet (which he would have to do if he liquidated the club). 
I don’t think he’s interested in being the owner of the stadium, it only happened because of the FFP issue.

25 minutes ago, Chelters said:

It wouldn’t be that difficult to package the stadium up as part of the sale. Let’s not forget he hasn’t even finished paying for it yet (which he would have to do if he liquidated the club). 
I don’t think he’s interested in being the owner of the stadium, it only happened because of the FFP issue.

Don't disagree, it would be eminently sensible for the stadium to be wrapped up in any sale.

My context is whether he could if he wanted detonate either 

2 hours ago, mkowlthesexynewversion said:

Well he has 2 nuclear options

Just wind up the company or

Sell the football side and keep the stadium

Either of these and he would face more wrath than at present.   From what people say the Thais are honourable people and would it come to this?

Sure the Head of the Chansiri family would not want his Son bringing into disrepute the history of the Club and its existence.  Would imagine thd TUF brand would be brought into the public eye should anything of this nature come into play.

14 minutes ago, mkowlthesexynewversion said:

Don't disagree, it would be eminently sensible for the stadium to be wrapped up in any sale.

My context is whether he could if he wanted detonate either 

I maybe just being as positive as I can here, but I just don't see DC 'detonating' as you call it. He's clearly wanting his money back if the club is sold. If he does get his money back, well, will remain to be seen but I just can't see him throwing it away. 

Some may consider DC as a little crazy in some of his decision making, and with all these statements etc, but I just don't see him chucking his cash in the bin any time soon. He's done enough of that already.

So we need a buyer who can as I understand it do the following:

Hire a top class manager

Provide transfer budget to suit said manager 

Buy young players who will be worth 5+ million in 2 years so we can sell them

Buy experienced players focussed on success only and not a pay day

Lower cost of entry to WBA levels from season 2 whilst invoking the lower tiers of current one from takeover 

Overhaul facilities throughout the ground

Upgrade the training ground

Gain promotion within 3 years of taking over just because of FFP 

No doubt I’ll now be told of course not … just want the club to be run well …

I wonder if DC has the blessing of his family in all of this? After all DC isn’t even a member of the board on TUF, so surely the money that has bankrolled us isn’t officially his?

Why hasnt TUF come in with some business managers or whatever kingmong or AB is to sort out this mess?

cause the money has a origin and it ain’t DC.

23 minutes ago, Winco said:

I wonder if DC has the blessing of his family in all of this? After all DC isn’t even a member of the board on TUF, so surely the money that has bankrolled us isn’t officially his?

Why hasnt TUF come in with some business managers or whatever kingmong or AB is to sort out this mess?

cause the money has a origin and it ain’t DC.

Not sure there is any evidence the money comes from TUF directly. Chansiri may get a dividend from the profits but his holding is less than 0.5%.

There was talk of a construction business in Thailand 

But he could easily be the front for an investment syndicate, maybe involving the family.

I still think peer pressure from Thailand is the more likely way he would sell up 

1 hour ago, mkowlthesexynewversion said:

I still think peer pressure from Thailand is the more likely way he would sell up 

I agree. TUF branding was everywhere when Chansiri joined, then it quickly disappeared. He may not listen to anyone in this country, but it looks like someone can change his mind. 

If the family / TUF are involved in anyway it is very frustrating better advice or assistance is not given.  DC comes across very much a solo entity and a solo loose cannon at that. 

If things do get proper messy with DC, and I can't see it going that route but any protests / campaigns could include the TUF or TUG as think they are now hastag.  Sure its not the publicity they want linked.

3 hours ago, Hirstys 12th Pint said:

If the family / TUF are involved in anyway it is very frustrating better advice or assistance is not given.  DC comes across very much a solo entity and a solo loose cannon at that. 

If things do get proper messy with DC, and I can't see it going that route but any protests / campaigns could include the TUF or TUG as think they are now hastag.  Sure its not the publicity they want linked.

Don't give 'em ideas.

5 hours ago, Tylluan said:

Didn't the TUF branding have to disappear because the son of the other bloke who owns TUF owned Reading at the same time? 

Sure the Fa/EFL did an investigation to make sure Chansiri and the Reading owner were funded separately 

If it was the 'other half' scion sold Reading to a Chinese bloke / group, and if it is him / them that all the current Reading protests are against, that ought to give our hotheads pause for thought.

TUF released a statement saying the purchase wasn’t anything to do with them. Presumably because they have shareholders.

Id guess it’s more likely a private project with investment from the Chansiri family but left to DC and his family. From what we know about DC these days I wouldn’t be surprised if he thought it was a good idea to stick TUF on there as brand marketing only to be told by those who know how things work that it wasn’t permitted.

Edited by TheExile