Tricky Trev

Very sad news to echo what every one is saying 

There is still an early season game v Everton where he came on, set up the winner and then immediately subbed himself off 

On one of the Yorkshire TV videos I am sure 

As a manager he did not really build on that great squad, which you look back on and see that as pretty pivotal - because you think he would have managed Di Canio etc a lot better. But for my generation he was there when we played the best football and were the most successful era

RIP 

• Like 2

RIP Tricky Trev. Thanks for some great performances as a player and thank you for giving me the pleasure of watching Chris Waddle and Des Walker in the famous blue and white stripes. Also the conversion of Paul Warhurst on of the best strikers in the league.

Fly high 🦉

• Like 1

Paul Parker was on TalkSport saying he loved being managed by Trev at QPR, even though Trev found it hard suddenly managing his team mates, and that we tried to hijack his move to Man Utd and he was desperate to come but it fell through. 

Edited by Tylluan

Early 90s were the best times to be an Owl. We will probably never see days like those ever again. 

Francis got so close to fulfilling our dreams and brought in players that will live in our memories for ever..

Sacking him after his first poor spell in charge will be a point of debate whether it was the correct thing to do. At the time, I thought it was.  With over 25 years of under achievement since, I was probably wrong.

Thank you Trevor,  for the good times and happiness you gave us. We will never see your like again

RIP

• Like 3

Another memory outside of being a manager and a footballer, the day at Brentford in the second leg of the play offs 2005. How much fun did he have trying to do a pundit job whilst having inflatables non stop being thrown at the box they were in. So much fun that was. I think I might throw a couple up there to his resting place tonight

Despite his age, he was a superb player for us. So often he would come on and change the game for us. When I hear supporters this day n age moaning about us signing a thirty something, Francis and Viv Anderson were terrific purchases by Ron Atkinson that played a huge part in the most successful Sheffield Wednesday side I'll ever see.

RIP Tricky Trev

Edited by Kiwi Owl
  • Like 2

He nearly fucked up that header v Bristol City though from 2 yards out.

Like KM says though he got the sack for finishing 13th in the Premier League. You would get a statue these days !

Announced on cup final day, though Alan Biggs tweeted (is that now X'd) about the impromptu leaving party with the local journos before it was officially announced

4 hours ago, Kiwi Owl said:

Another memory outside of being a manager and a footballer, the day at Brentford in the second leg of the play offs 2005. How much fun did he have trying to do a pundit job whilst having inflatables non stop being thrown at the box they were in. So much fun that was. I think I might throw a couple up there to his resting place tonight

Despite his age, he was a superb player for us. So often he would come on and change the game for us. When I hear supporters this day n age moaning about us signing a thirty something, Francis and Viv Anderson were terrific purchases by Ron Atkinson that played a huge part in the most successful Sheffield Wednesday side I'll ever see.

RIP Tricky Trev

Hahaha. I’d forgotten about that. It was funny that night; and us continually shouting his name almost forcing him to stick his arm out of the box above our heads while the broadcast was ongoing. 

4 hours ago, mkowlthesexynewversion said:

Like KM says though he got the sack for finishing 13th in the Premier League. You would get a statue these days !

Announced on cup final day, though Alan Biggs tweeted (is that now X'd) about the impromptu leaving party with the local journos before it was officially announced

Francis had two problems  the players and staff hated him  found him too aloof . Secondly  he had the same format  as Big Ron . Tried and trusted pro's that will do you a job for a bout 3 years by which time the manager will have moved on . This left us with an ageing squad that needed replacing , however this was at    time of the Premier League inception the consequenses being that a a mediocre £500, 000 player  was now costing £2 million  so we ended up with  poorer replacements

10 hours ago, mkowlthesexynewversion said:

Saw that today on a highlights. Very much like his Euro Cup winning  goal. He did it on purpose 

Very under appreciated when looking back. His era was such a great time to be an Owl. Brought in some great players (apart from Sinton & Woods) and had us playing some fantastic football. Will we ever see those days again?

RIP Tricky

🥃