NON Wednesday transfer thread 22/23

3 minutes ago, Tylluan said:

Only played 60 mins of league football this season in little end of game substitute appearances. 

Norwich wanted his, reportedly £25k, off the wage bill and Rotherham have offered him a 3 and half year deal and broke their wage structure. He's also on bonuses for 5, 10, 15 goals and if they stay up and he plays over 65%

That seems out of character, I’m sure I remember Paul Warne saying on more than one occasion that the wage structure wouldn’t be broken and that that was sort of the reason they kept going down every other year. 

Guess something had to give eventually to break that cycle. 

38 minutes ago, LiamOwl said:

That seems out of character, I’m sure I remember Paul Warne saying on more than one occasion that the wage structure wouldn’t be broken and that that was sort of the reason they kept going down every other year. 

Guess something had to give eventually to break that cycle. 

And that structure was apparently £4K max with most around the £2K mark.

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, HoylandOwl said:

Sorba Thomas has left Huddersfield for Blackburn on loan. Seems odd they’d let him leave on a temporary basis. He’s one of their best players isn’t he?

Player driven, I'm led to believe. 

Not picked for the boxing day game against Preston after arriving late and a little 'under the weather'. Threw his teddy a bit so been warming the bench ever since. They've also brought in Knockaert and Hungbo on loan so that put him further down the pecking order 

1 hour ago, HoylandOwl said:

They were both pricks that night. But Danns was THE main nobsack 

Definitely Danns the prime dickhead in that incident. At least Jerome had actually scored the thing, Danns had zero involvement then proceeded to thump the ball repeatedly into the net (well that’s how my probably inaccurate memory has it).

• Like 2

8 hours ago, cheat said:

Definitely Danns the prime dickhead in that incident. At least Jerome had actually scored the thing, Danns had zero involvement then proceeded to thump the ball repeatedly into the net (well that’s how my probably inaccurate memory has it).

That’s the one mate. 

21 hours ago, KrolMong said:

Looks like the board have proper had Dyche’s pants down. They look like getting to the end of this window even weaker than when they started it, with rivals all strengthening around them.

He’s going to need to perform miracles to keep them up.

Perhaps they've signed him to get them promoted next season.  

• Like 1

On 31/01/2023 at 20:25, HoylandOwl said:

Enzo Fernandez to join Chelsea in record £105m move (paid in instalments to circumvent FFP) as he’s about to have his medical in Portugal

He cost Benicia a tenth of that six months ago.  One of Fergie’s transfer market rules was never buy out of a tournament.  Boehly really has no fucking clue.