NON Wednesday transfer thread 22/23

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Tylluan said:

If Byers breaks down again over Christmas then I'd offer Mass a deal til the end of the season. 

He's had a full half season with Boro and he won't need 'the volume' so he should be good to go wherever he ends up. 

Don't think he's started a game 4 them has he?

3 hours ago, Tylluan said:

If Byers breaks down again over Christmas then I'd offer Mass a deal til the end of the season. 

He's had a full half season with Boro and he won't need 'the volume' so he should be good to go wherever he ends up. 

And if I were mass I'd go tell Moore to go suck his mother's ball bag 

• Haha 2

Fin Stevens has been recalled from Swansea by Brentford, for not being used enough, and will go out on loan again. 

The 19 year old right wing back is highly thought of at Brentford and has just signed a contract til the end of the 26/27 season. He's an Arsenal academy product who's played wing back for most of his career and he could do a very good job for us. 

On 30/12/2022 at 18:25, HoylandOwl said:

Apparently Cristiano Ronaldo has agreed a 2 year deal with Al Nassr in Saudi Arabia for something stupid like 75million.

Read the current number 7 at Al Nassr has had his contract terminated as wasn't keep on passing over the number to CR.

Edited by Hirstys 12th Pint
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, HoylandOwl said:

Swansea have recalled striker Morgan Whittaker from Plymouth..

He’s bagged a few for them too. So that’s not a bad thing for us.

He's not a happy bunny about the recall. 

He's deleted several Instagram posts and put more professional ones up but they still contain phrases like 'devastated' 'wish I could have stayed' and 'happiest time of my career' 

The deleted ones were massively aimed at Swansea. Lots of angry face emojis and 'thought I was here for the season' stuff. 

1 minute ago, Tylluan said:

He's deleted several Instagram posts and put more professional ones up but they still contain phrases like 'devastated' 'wish I could have stayed' and 'happiest time of my career' 

The deleted ones were massively aimed at Swansea. Lots of angry face emojis and 'thought I was here for the season' stuff. 

Angry face emojis 🤣

that’ll show em lad!

how things have changed,.. what happened to banging on the managers door or an alteration in training 

8 hours ago, Tylluan said:

Whilst he can’t say no to the recall, can’t he say no to a move to Ipswich (or anywhere else)?

2 hours ago, M42Owl said:

Whilst he can’t say no to the recall, can’t he say no to a move to Ipswich (or anywhere else)?

He's contracted til June 2025 and Swansea value him at around a million. He could throw his teddy out of the cot and refuse to go back out on loan, especially to one of Plymouth's rivals, but that could put him in the wilderness of u21 training or worse and stagnate his career. 

What would be better, if you could call it that, would be to go out on loan and either just do enough to not get picked for matchday starts or just have his accuracy a bit off and hit the side netting a few times. 

26 minutes ago, Kiwi Owl said:

Did he ever get a game at Middlesbrough?

Ipswich also looking at Corbeanu (apologies if that's spelt incorrectly) and Hirst. Must say the reaction to Theo being recalled was hilarious last year

It was, but I also get SOME of the annoyed folks point of view. He was one of the more creative lights of a very slow, stagnant attacking ‘force’. So his removal had folks worried..

3 minutes ago, Paul from Wisewood said:

Ipswich can do one, smacks of panic buys. luongo’s legs looked to have gone, he was well off it in the play off games. 
as for that Theo kid and George Hirst, good luck if you think they are going to fire you to automatics

Theo did ok at Blackpool from what I hear, not spectacular but decent. As for GH. He’s done nowt for Blackburn.