NON Wednesday transfer thread 22/23

Vadaine Oliver joins Bradford City from Gillingham

Got on well with Megson at Hillsborough apparently:

https://www.yorkshirepost.co.uk/sport/football/sheffield-wednesday/mark-hughes-bradford-city-rebuild-why-bantams-ticked-all-the-boxes-for-sheffield-wednesday-old-boy-vadaine-oliver-3765995

Edited by Kingys Ginger Mullet

2 hours ago, Kingys Ginger Mullet said:

Interesting read, whenever I've seen Oliver play he always works hard and has a nose for a goal. Good luck to him.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, HoylandOwl said:

Huddersfield sign Jack Rudoni from Wimbledon, he’s signed a 4 year deal.

2 hours ago, HoylandOwl said:

Kyle Hudlin. 
Signs for Wimbledon on a season long loan from Huddersfield 

I'm hearing this might get looked at. Solihull claiming they've not got as much out of Huddersfield as he technically signed an u23 contract for their B team. Then he goes straight out into league football with Wimbledon. 

2 hours ago, HoylandOwl said:

Djed Spence has signed for Spurs

A typical modern day full back. Good going forward, not great at defending. In style similar to TAA at Liverpool, but not as good 😊

Can see him being loaned back out in January 

4 minutes ago, Skamp said:

Forest hoping to tempt Linguard with a meagre £200,000 per week.

If that were to happen, I think there’s a good chance of it causing a bit of dressing room discontent. 
What’s the typical pay for those who won promotion? Bit of a risky move for Forest. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Skamp said:

Kelvin Phillips claiming he couldn't have signed for Manchester United because he's a Leeds lad. The money he's getting at Citeh clearing clouding the fact he was easily tempted to leave his beloved home town club. 

Money is king in football. And there’s more proof of it.

2 hours ago, Skamp said:

Kelvin Phillips claiming he couldn't have signed for Manchester United because he's a Leeds lad. The money he's getting at Citeh clearing clouding the fact he was easily tempted to leave his beloved home town club. 

Who is Kelvin Phillips?

42 minutes ago, HoylandOwl said:

Jesse Lingard signs one year deal with Nottingham Forest.

Crikey, surprised by that. Although if he's been paid the amount that's been mentioned I shouldn't be. Although I can't imagine it's true. 

The numbers doing the rounds in the Telegraph and Athletic puts him on about £80k but his bonuses are large. If he hits them all it could be the equivalent of £120k by the end of the season. Goals, assists, games played, final league position, and a golden handshake if he transfers in January and Forest are in the top 10 when he goes. He's also taking 15% of his shirt sales. 

8 hours ago, Tylluan said:

The numbers doing the rounds in the Telegraph and Athletic puts him on about £80k but his bonuses are large. If he hits them all it could be the equivalent of £120k by the end of the season. Goals, assists, games played, final league position, and a golden handshake if he transfers in January and Forest are in the top 10 when he goes. He's also taking 15% of his shirt sales. 

15% of shirt sales.

Well he’s certainly got even more of an inflated ego then, as he’s not all that.. IMO

10 hours ago, Tylluan said:

Crikey. Bit of a mad deal financially by Florist. Not bad for him though! 

This sort of deal is what concerns me about Wednesday ever getting back into the top flight. I just can't identify with average (any) players earning so much and suspect I might lose that 'connection' I've had with the club for over 50 years.

At my age, I could well be dead before it happens of course, so I'm not too worried. 😉

55 minutes ago, OptimisticOwl said:

This sort of deal is what concerns me about Wednesday ever getting back into the top flight. I just can't identify with average (any) players earning so much and suspect I might lose that 'connection' I've had with the club for over 50 years.

At my age, I could well be dead before it happens of course, so I'm not too worried. 😉

Haha, yes I know the feeling 😂

In the current financial climate it turns my stomach the amount of money some footballers earn. 

1 hour ago, Mark said:

Haha, yes I know the feeling 😂

In the current financial climate it turns my stomach the amount of money some footballers earn. 

Current climate or not, some are on eye watering sums. However, I don't blame the players for it, not one bit. If the clubs are willing to pay, then why not. I wouldn't refuse an eye watering sum 'on principle' and I don't think many of us would. 

1 hour ago, HoylandOwl said:

Current climate or not, some are on eye watering sums. However, I don't blame the players for it, not one bit. If the clubs are willing to pay, then why not. I wouldn't refuse an eye watering sum 'on principle' and I don't think many of us would. 

Yes absolutely agree. I don't blame the players at all.