NON Wednesday transfer thread 22/23

3 hours ago, Otto_Man said:

Pigs sign a new head of performance management - Tom Little...

@Tylluan this any good?

Head of Sports Science at Hillsborough 2007-09 and claims the best wage spend to points value while at the club.

Been around the block a bit. Birmingham, Barnsley, New Zealand, Huddersfield, Burnley (where he's claiming the lowest injury record in the Prem) Forest, Man City and Preston. 

Been at Preston 9 years and they've not exactly pulled up any trees in that time. He's very hands on, for a HOD, but I not expecting a sudden increase in super fit players down the Sty. 

Also runs his own sports science and nutritional website and regularly contributes on training ground guru

Ilkeston shelling out some serious wages to sign the following. 

Jamie Ward. Ben Turner (ex Cardiff, Burton, Mansfield, Notts County) Chris O'Grady and keeper Saul Deeney. Along with a load of other players from clubs like Chesterfield, Solihull, and Harrogate.

They've just been promoted to Southern League Central Division, one below National North

12 hours ago, HoylandOwl said:

Urhoghide proving too expensive for Oostende. 

https://celtsarehere.com/celtic-look-to-ditch-last-years-summer-signing/

Seems the Celtic coaching staff see what i personally saw all along, absolutely nowt special, 1 or 2 decent games and some of our fans think he’s the next Des Walker. Fucking Wimbledon let him go, we gave him a new chance and off he fucks off with that other **** cleaning showers at Motherwell, Fuck Em.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Billysboy said:

Seems the Celtic coaching staff see what i personally saw all along, absolutely nowt special, 1 or 2 decent games and some of our fans think he’s the next Des Walker. Fucking Wimbledon let him go, we gave him a new chance and off he fucks off with that other **** cleaning showers at Motherwell, Fuck Em.

My feelings exactly. He always looked awkward on the ball and rushed his passes.

Big, strong and quick are good attributes to work with but for me he was very overrated when he broke through. 

2 hours ago, HoylandOwl said:

Barca told they can't sign Robert Lewandowski by the President of La Liga... Due to their financial problems. 

Oh, but it's ok for Real to spunk their cash about on players? Hmmmmmm. 

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/barcelona-robert-lewandowski-transfer-laliga-b2091606.html

Because Real aren't in debtlike that?

32 minutes ago, Reesh said:

Cardiff are hoping to land Gareth Bale

Newcastle are also tempted but I think Inter Miami is where he'll end up, short term. They have a marquee player slot available. He can warm weather train, finish the season in October, have a few weeks off then go to the World Cup. In January he finds another club. 

Just don't know how he'll cope with Phil Neville and Ryan Shawcross 'coaching' him but Florida has superb golf courses 

4 hours ago, Southy_SWFC said:

I don't think Miami has a DP slot available. Everything is being filled up by Higuain. 

If you think our fans are bad, you should see some of the fans groups for Inter Miami that i'm in 🤬

Haven't they binned the French lad who came from Juventus? 

12 minutes ago, Tylluan said:

Haven't they binned the French lad who came from Juventus? 

Yeah which is a strange one. They got fined $2mil for signing him in the first place, then sent him to their reserves. That clubs a mess. They'll probably settle down when they finally move out of Fort Lauderdale and actually become Miami-based.