The World Cup thread….

7 minutes ago, Mark said:

As MK said had zero control of midfield.

I'd have been tempted to go 3 at back. Bring Walker on in 3, push full backs on and had 3 in middle. Tell Rice, Bellingham to sit and Foden for Mount and who ever you like upfront with Kane who was totally isolated but worked socks off.

Maguire man of match which against USA tells you everything 

The problem was too many passengers in the team. Actually can't fault the defence, agree Maguire was MoM, Shaw looked next best for me. 

But Bellingham, Saka, Sterling, Mount and Kane were all poor.

Rice was average at best 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Reesh said:

Bellingham to sit?

Christ

Yes. It's not his natural game but are you telling me he can't do it? Because he can. We needed 2 protect back 4. They were running through us. He's physically and technically up to it. What other option was there?  Needs must and to just keep it tight for half an hour of vourse he could do it.Phillips not ready and Henderson ? Bellingham  if need be could easily do it. He has done it for his club

28 minutes ago, mkowlthesexynewversion said:

Because we were being completely out done in the middle of the pitch. No point bringing on Foden if we are defending. And we had slightly more control with Henderson.

It is to a degree the issue Wednesday face, there is a clamour to play the attackers but not if that midfield is being overrun

Let’s agree to disagree. I can’t be arsed to reason or argue over this. 

it’s all so fucking negative 

13 minutes ago, Morley Owl said:

Stick with back four. If walker can come in for Trippier that will give more pace and attacking from wide. Play Rice, Bellingham and Foden in middle. Kane, Saka  and  either Grealish or Rashford up front.  More proactive straight away

Grealish Rashford Sakha 

You could tell when the team walked out for the second half that we just weren't in it. Whilst the Yanks were in a huddle firing each other up, we sauntered out in dribs and drabs probably talking about the next days darts matches. 

Southgate needs a sports psychologist to get a winning mentality drummed into them. We should be coming out for the second half in a regimented line all together, chests out, heads up fucking ROARING!!

Edited by EpworthOwl

The Henderson for Bellingham substitution was spineless.  It was an almost like for like sub, replacing one central midfielder with a slightly more defensively minded one, when what was needed was a change of shape.

That’s the problem area, or at least one of them.  We have easily enough quality up front and out wide to win a World Cup, but centre mid and defence?  Nah.  Against Iran we won the game without really gaining control of it.

We were poor. I think Southgate is both tactically inadequate and isn’t bold. Yes we are all but through to the next stage but as others have said we will be found wanting if we draw anyone decent.

Lets face it the previous competitions have shown that, Croatia and Italy aren’t even as good as other nations in this WC.

Why he didn’t change anything earlier I can’t understand and why Mount stayed on and Stirling even started just beggars belief. At least the back 5 looked fairly solid despite minimal cover from midfield.

7 hours ago, EpworthOwl said:

You could tell when the team walked out for the second half that we just weren't in it. Whilst the Yanks were in a huddle firing each other up, we sauntered out in dribs and drabs probably talking about the next days darts matches. 

Southgate needs a sports psychologist to get a winning mentality drummed into them. We should be coming out for the second half in a regimented line all together, chests out, heads up fucking ROARING!!

If players need a sports psychologist to get themselves geared up for World Cup, then far as I'm concerned they shouldn't be playing.

• Like 1

1. I haven´t seen a single second of this tournament , a farce in itself, so far and I won´t watch it no matter which team is on.

2. The German team will lose today against Spain. I´m sure of it. The players knew beforehand that they aren´t that good to win it anyway, so why didn´t have the balls to stand up to DFB and FIFA and play with the one love band risking a yellow card for it (or whatever punishment it would have meant) , and leave Quatar with their head up instead of being ridiculed for a photo where they demonstrate against free speach. 

I am disappointed by them , noit how they played ( which I didn´t see) , but because of their spinelessness against a corrupt system.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, atroi said:

1. I haven´t seen a single second of this tournament , a farce in itself, so far and I won´t watch it no matter which team is on.

2. The German team will lose today against Spain. I´m sure of it. The players knew beforehand that they aren´t that good to win it anyway, so why didn´t have the balls to stand up to DFB and FIFA and play with the one love band risking a yellow card for it (or whatever punishment it would have meant) , and leave Quatar with their head up instead of being ridiculed for a photo where they demonstrate against free speach. 

I am disappointed by them , noit how they played ( which I didn´t see) , but because of their spinelessness against a corrupt system.

Tbf the Germans have a bit of history .........

As do us British

The problem with all this criticism is that the European countries are judging them by our own current standards wilfully forgetting that you don't have to go back too many decades to find homosexuality was illegal, religion had a too dominant impact on lives, that migrants came in to do the shitty jobs. Jeez we had a report only yesterday that the fire service is still racist and misogynistic.

These countries are simply at a different stage of their existence. Perhaps the religious dominance in these countries will never loosen. Perhaps they look at the West and see a society that is liberal and now as arguments about whether 12 year old lads can have gender transition treatment and think fuck having that shit

1 hour ago, atroi said:

Welcome back Atroi. 

4 hours ago, Andyben said:

Pickford

, Stones, Maguire, Shaw

Philips, Bellingham

Foden, Grealish, Rashford

TAA                  Wilson

Corrected for you @KrolMong

I like it. In the olden days, that means TAA is playing as an outside right.

• Haha 1