What's in the mix to get your non Wednesday fix

So what sporting, cultural or artistic events are you attending over the next few weeks - or are you being forced to do all the DIY projects successfully put to one side for months.

It is only 13 weeks for those counting and the football will not really stop with the Euros etc. 

It is good to have a break from the stress of following Wednesday but after a few weeks it's like what if it was like this all year. 

This is also a safe space, so if you are inflicted with oh FFS moments in your domestic life empathy can found. 

Enjoy the summer ☀️ all 3 days of it

One of the busiest times of the year for me but any free weekends will probably be spent around Crich, Matlock, and surrounding areas. The lad loves his trams and steam trains and I like a traditional ice cream or three. 

• Like 3

Cricket at Edgbaston, my nearest ground.

Grandson sitting. As the Mrs is due two weeks of jury service, I’ll probably include two weeks of train journeys to nowhere in particular just to come back, because he likes trains.

Cruising to the Baltics. First summer holiday for years. Normally go in October when it’s cheaper and less kids.

The end of season we've just had must be what suddenly driving off of a cliff feels like!  Haven't looked beyond the next "must win" game for weeks. Have we all got tickets? How are we getting there? Oh, err... It's finished now?   🤪

Apart from a long booked Madeira holiday, I need to remember how to plan things now!  

• Like 1

Me and the Mrs are 3 days into a 21 day visit to the US visiting

New York, Boston, Fort Wayne, Chicago, Washington, Baltimore (day trip), Philadelphia and back to New York

We don’t normally risk planning a May holiday due to the play-offs but by December I thought  we might be safe 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, HarrySpeakup said:

New York, Boston, Fort Wayne, Chicago, Washington, Baltimore (day trip), Philadelphia and back to New York

We don’t normally risk planning a May holiday due to the play-offs but by December I thought  we might be safe 

Good job you don't follow Donny!

8 minutes ago, HarrySpeakup said:

I'd give Fort Wayne a miss, absolutely nothing worth seeing there 😉

3 hours ago, Tylluan said:

One of the busiest times of the year for me but any free weekends will probably be spent around Crich, Matlock, and surrounding areas. The lad loves his trams and steam trains and I like a traditional ice cream or three. 

Love the tramway museum and especially the old Sheffield trams. Whilst mooching around there the first time I went it dawned on me that my parents (both passed away) had probably travelled on the same trams I was now looking over, eerie feeling. Got to ride on a tram and a pie and I pint in the old pub there, what's not to like. I must be due another visit if I could motivate myself to shift my backside.

• Like 1

Well the first sojourn is to a gig tonight in Brum - Elbow at the Resorts Arena

Booked in the hotel and it's hosting a Laurel and Hardy convention

The 1867 Group are here telling everyone Chansiri has gotten the Club into another fine mess

7 hours ago, Reesh said:

I'll be wanking a lot with the dogs around the woods.....

7 hours ago, Reesh said:

Ffs autocorrect, I meant Forests.

Thanks for that second bit.  For a minute I thought you meant Richard and his family.  

Posted (edited)

As little as humanly possible.

Big birthday in summer but going away mid-august to commiserate, sorry celebrate.

Few weekends away booked but other than that work work work 

Edited by Andyben

30 minutes ago, Andyben said:

As little as humanly possible.

Big birthday in summer but going away mid-august to commiserate, sorry celebrate.

Few weekends away booked but other than that work work work 

Happy 60th mate 👍

11 days in Munich,  cologne and stuttgart.  A few days at home then back for another 4 games culminating in Super John Mcginn lifting the trophy in Berlin.  Back home for a few days then back to Germany for the pre season.  Probably better off staying over there for the whole 13 weeks 

7 hours ago, HarrySpeakup said:

New York, Boston, Fort Wayne, Chicago, Washington, Baltimore (day trip), Philadelphia and back to New York ...

Thomas Cook's standard 'Great American Metropolises' package, no?  

9 hours ago, bradowl said:

I forgot to mention a week in Majorca next month, Cala Bona. 

By coincidence England play there first two games whilst we are there. 😁

See ya there 😎

• Like 1

Bank holiday, went to Roman Legion exhibition at British Museum.  Currently helping a mate move some printing equipment as a favour.  Tonight going to see When Rivers Meet in Islington. Thursday flying to Spain for a week. After that Euros, cricket, whatever…pre season friendlies maybe.

• Like 1

I have an 18 month old to keep me occupied. But, outside of that, I’ll be out on the bicycle most weekends and a few weeknights.

The three of us are off to Gdańsk for the weekend in two weeks, and then off to a place called Łeba in late June for a week for a bit of a beach break.

I’ll also be at the Euros for a couple of games this summer too.

19 hours ago, Sheffieldblue said:

11 days in Munich,  cologne and stuttgart.  A few days at home then back for another 4 games culminating in Super John Mcginn lifting the trophy in Berlin.  Back home for a few days then back to Germany for the pre season.  Probably better off staying over there for the whole 13 weeks 

Be cheaper to get yourself a 'Small boat', Rich.  If there's any still available.  😉

Don't forget to wear the Russ Abbot Tam o'Shanter & red wig though, or you'll get sent to Ruanda!   

Posted (edited)
19 hours ago, Chelters said:

Off to Scotland to bag some Munros at the end of the month.

Cotswold Beer Festival in July.

Endless gardening if the bloody stuff keeps growing like it is at the moment. 

Which range(s) pal?  I did a round and a half of them back in the day. I wish I still could: loved it. 

I've decided to napalm my garden.  

Edited by Owling_Wolf

3 hours ago, owl71 said:

Bank holiday, went to Roman Legion exhibition at British Museum.  Currently helping a mate move some printing equipment as a favour.  Tonight going to see When Rivers Meet in Islington. Thursday flying to Spain for a week. After that Euros, cricket, whatever…pre season friendlies maybe.

Saw them at the Greystones, (formerly the Highcliff), a couple of years back. Excellent.  

• Like 1

Season ticket for Wakefield Trinity, which tides me over until the football season starts. Totally different scenario to watching Wednesday, as they’re top of the league, won 7 league games from 7 and are favourites to get promotion back into the Super League at the first attempt - which they should be given that they are the only full-time professional outfit in the league. 

Holiday for a week in early June and arrive back just in time for the Euros!

Daughter’s final exam at university on Monday, so a trip up to Durham for her graduation in July. Her accommodation is booked until the end of August and as she’s having a ball in Durham she’s possibly staying on until then, so no doubt we’ll be having the odd weekend away in Durham to visit her as well.

Already missing no SWFC matches though - nearly every game was a cup final this season and had something riding on it, so to go from that to absolutely nothing is a bit like going cold turkey, even if it is better for the old ticker and blood pressure! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Owling_Wolf said:

Which range(s) pal?  I did a round and a half of them back in the day. I wish I still could: loved it. 

I've decided to napalm my garden.  

Up near Ben Lawers, sort of in the middle. Have done quite a few of the hills around Loch Lomond but nothing north of Ben Nevis. 

3 minutes ago, Chelters said:

Up near Ben Lawers, sort of in the middle. Have done quite a few of the hills around Loch Lomond but nothing north of Ben Nevis. 

Know it well, Chelters. We used to stay in Killin between Xmas & New Year for Winter walking. That or Chrianlarich / Tyndrum.  

1 hour ago, Owling_Wolf said:

Know it well, Chelters. We used to stay in Killin between Xmas & New Year for Winter walking. That or Chrianlarich / Tyndrum.  

We’re staying at a house on the road from Crianlarich to Killin. Hoping to get up Ben More and Stob Binnein. 

2 hours ago, Owling_Wolf said:

Walked through Tyndrum on Wednesday just past half way on the West Highland Way

1 hour ago, Chelters said:

We’re staying at a house on the road from Crianlarich to Killin. Hoping to get up Ben More and Stob Binnein. 

Got a lovely memory from those. Laying on my back in the sun, resting after the Ben, before the Stob, whilst a pair of Ravens repeatedly stooped at me like dive bombers, just enjoying themselves.  As they 'pulled up' each time I could hear the wind through their pinions, like a kid blowing on a comb. Magic!  

• Like 1

Today has been a fucking long Saturday. Been to Seaton and got a sunburn that makes Freddy Krueger look medium rare..raising a cold one to dirty L**ds getting royally toasted tomorrow.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1