Into the Tractor loving fuckers

1 minute ago, BraddersTim said:

I've really taken against Ipswich fans this season, moaning bitches.

A win would be lovely and would prompt another letter to the EFL. 

You ain’t alone mate, can’t stand em. The speedway fans are the same so it must be summat in the water down in carrot cruncher land. Up an at em Wednesday 

My best mate of 40 years (he was best man at my wedding and I his) is an Ipswich fan and we’ve always been ok about each others clubs - but after how their supporters were last season (and have been since) my stance towards that club has changed and he knows it. 

Only thing that wants them to carry on doing well (except when they play us) is because they might stop L**ds going up automatically.

Come on Wednesday!! 

7 hours ago, BraddersTim said:

I've really taken against Ipswich fans this season, moaning bitches.

A win would be lovely and would prompt another letter to the EFL. 

They were quite bad last season too, on social media at least 

5 hours ago, EBRA said:

It’s up there with reading as one the crapist away days

yep I’ll be there early doors - never learn me!

Not in 90-91 it wasn’t mate. What a day and game that was. Up there in my top 10 away days! 

A 2-0 win even with Hirst hitting the crossbar with a penalty - I’d definitely settle for that scoreline tomorrow. 😊

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Bellsview said:

Not in 90-91 it wasn’t mate. What a day and game that was. Up there in my top 10 away days! 

A 2-0 win even with Hirst hitting the crossbar with a penalty - I’d definitely settle for that scoreline tomorrow. 😊

Yes,  brilliant day in the sun. 

7 hours ago, Bellsview said:

You wan't Hirst to have a penalty? Be careful what you ask for!

😉

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, 80s Owl said:

First time I've not made the trip down to Suffolk for a good few years for this, we could do with at least a draw, I think we'll get one.

There's one on Twitter who was constantly at me on the OO twitter account last season after that game at their place, I just ended up muting him the sad fucker. He probably carries on now trying to get a nibble, but I just don't see it. 

Head to head v Ipswich Town

We've both won 21 games, and there have been 16 draws between the sides. 

Interestingly, there's not been a goalless game between us since 2009, and we've only failed to score on 3 occasions in the last 21 games against them.

Our last 5 results down in the farmer's back yard. 

April 2017 - We won 1-0, Kieran Lee with the winner with 13 mins left. 

November 2017 - 2-2 Draw, we came from behind twice, Hooper from the spot, then Nuhiu with a last minute leveller.

Feb 2019 - 1-0 win, Lucas Joao, last minute winner.

Sept 2021 - 1-1 Draw. Dennis Adeniran looked to have netted us all three points before Conor Chaplin equalised in the last minute. 

Feb 2023 - 2-2 Draw. Smith, Byers put us two up, Broadhead pulled one back just before half time, Leif Davis levelled 8 mins into the second half. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BraddersTim said:

I don't want to be negative but they score goals for fun.  They will just have too much for us and I can't see anything but them winning 3-0.  Being more positive, we don't need this result, anything we do get is a bonus.

Fuck em.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, BraddersTim said:

I don't want to be negative but they score goals for fun.  They will just have too much for us and I can't see anything but them winning 3-0.  Being more positive, we don't need this result, anything we do get is a bonus.

Have to agree .

0 pts tomorrow forms im afraid

5 hours ago, BraddersTim said:

Poveda alone means we'll give them much more of a game than Leeds. 6/4 for us to win or draw is a good bet IMO 

They haven’t lost at home since August apparently - well aside from Maidstone in the Cup.

Key for me will be to get the first goal if possible. I mean it's a cliche but one with a lot of data to support it. 

1 hour ago, mkowl said:

They haven’t lost at home since August apparently - well aside from Maidstone in the Cup.

Key for me will be to get the first goal if possible. I mean it's a cliche but one with a lot of data to support it. 

Haven't we been playing first goal winner for a while now? That's been 90% of our games for a couple of years.

4 minutes ago, Tewksbury said:

Haven't we been playing first goal winner for a while now? That's been 90% of our games for a couple of years.

14 games since Christmas, both sides scored in only three. The only draw being 0-0.

But the two games immediately prior to Christmas, both come from behind wins (1 win, 1 loss).

We need to keep this one tight. Without coming out all Xisco, we need to frustrate and get them on the break. Ipswich score a lot of late winners / equalisers at home. We need to have something in the tank for the last 10 minutes.

30 minutes ago, Tewksbury said:

That is the norm across football, clearly you still get draws and comeback wins as we saw with Bournemouth this week. But our record has been pretty poor really, when conceding first. Saying that we do have more about us these days, either to score first or claw our way back.

Last week v Leeds we never really looked that close to getting back in the game

I fancy us to get something from this one.  With Poveda and Ugbo we are way more incisive and clinical on the counter than we were a couple of months ago.  There will be a lot of expectation from the home crowd, probably this will be a game they expect to win easily.  And I don’t think Ipswich have quite the same quality as some of the other teams near the top.  Clearly they are a tidy side and well coached, but we are evolving into exactly that, and they’re not Leeds or Southampton.

Looks like DR is going for it with that XI. 

My Ipswich supporting mate is worried about this one. Says they aren’t playing all that well just now and have been quite vulnerable at the back recently. 

Hope he’s right to have those worries. 

Come on Wednesday! 🦉🔵🔵🦉