Into the Tractor loving fuckers

1 minute ago, mkowl said:

Yep game over

Rohl as set us up wrong again in one of these tough away games. You have to stop them playing, they have so much freedom 

Don't get why he has set up 4-2-4 away from home - get 2 defensive midfielders in there, protect our back 4.

This is the first time I’ve looked at Rohl and gone ‘have you watched Ipswich?’

His set up amplifies all of the strengths of Ipswich. They’ve ripped us apart out wide, created overloads and allowed their forwards to drop in unchecked. It’s been a coaching error today.

Its also not been helped by Gassama, Ugbo and Poveda being physically dominated and the ball not sticking when physical pressure is put on them.

Very poor.

They are absolute country mile ahead of us in every single position and in every single department. What has really surprised me though is the sheer physical dominance they have showed, we know about the football they play and the front 4 they have. But, they’ve made us look like kids at times. This is the biggest physical battering I have seen us take for years.

Some of our players don’t want it.

• Like 1

I am not sure why we don't stick with the 3 5 2 formation that has been the most beneficial.

You simply can't play Ugbo, Gassama, Musaba and Poveda from the start - particularly when you have a very average midfield in Bannan and Vaulks.

Worse bit for me is how far we are behind Ipswich 

Suspect we were up against it anyway this week as Ipswich had a bad result last time out and it’s backlash time but had we scored that early chance and sat deeper we might have got something just the same as the Gassama Leeds chance. It’s just concerning we cant make life difficult for teams in terms of frustrating them when we need to. Surely today had to be about sitting deeper and counter attacking.

Just now, TheExile said:

Defenders and keeper sacked it off today then 

The problem was as much in front of the defence.

Why change from 3 5 2 

Why put Iorfa at right back when Valentin being doing alright

Lack of a midfield - Bannan looks finished 

Too many luxury players 

And really question Rohl today - it's alright trying to play football but you need the fucking ball

2 minutes ago, mkowl said:

The problem was as much in front of the defence.

Why change from 3 5 2 

Why put Iorfa at right back when Valentin being doing alright

Lack of a midfield - Bannan looks finished 

Too many luxury players 

And really question Rohl today - it's alright trying to play football but you need the fucking ball

Yeah we needed to make it more frustrating for them but similarly when it’s going badly you can’t be letting those ones in at the end. The team has this in them as we saw at Huddersfield where they accept defeat and end up getting absolutely humped 

Just now, Tylluan said:

Still only one game off 18th

I think it's a ruddy good thing we have 2 weeks off.

Rohl hopefully learned a huge lesson today. It could have been this score v Southampton. Set up wrong that day 

• Like 1

Lord. It’s unacceptable to lose 6-0 to anyone.

And after a defeat like that, there needs to be an inquest and some form of apology to the fans.

Losing in that manner and not competing is not great for confidence with a critical run of games that are all must win.

3 minutes ago, Bellsview said:

Serious questions around effort today. Beatings I can accept, but a lack of effort I can’t. 

DR needs to kick some arse tonight! 

His own included - you could see after 15 mins we were set up wrong, too open and I am all for playing football but you need players who can pass and hold the ball up to do so.

It will either galvanise this lot or they will sink from here on in. 

Think we can forget about needing goal difference in staying up 🙄

Fookin ell!

Plymouth game has finished so above us stays about the same after the rest and we needed that today at least 😔😣

Just now, Billysboy said:

Fucking shameful result that, but move on, we would all have taken still being a point from safety after playing leeds and Ipswich.

The concern is more that after a week on the training pitch that was the preferred way to play. Did someone never watch Ipswich play.