Into the Tractor loving fuckers

30 minutes ago, KrolMong said:

Very interesting comments from Rohl when he compared Ipswich and Wednesday. A barbed attack on the infrastructure of our own club?

If only we'd cheated our debts and been in administration we could be like Ipswich. Odious club full of entitled yokel sister shagging ***** as fans.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Reesh said:

If only we'd cheated our debts and been in administration we could be like Ipswich. Odious club full of entitled yokel sister shagging ***** as fans.

You need to stop worrying about the past with these Clubs and focus on why we are behind them NOW 

2 minutes ago, Reesh said:

Yes. And there are a lot of clubs who have sailed past us by just doing that.

Southampton, Palace, Coventry, Bournemouth, Ipswich, Leeds, Luton… it’s a very very long list.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, mkowl said:

You need to stop worrying about the past with these Clubs and focus on why we are behind them NOW 

I'll stop concentrating on the past when you stop posting boring anecdotal shit linking yourself to every fucking event since the year 12BC

1 minute ago, Reesh said:

I'll stop concentrating on the past when you stop posting boring anecdotal shit linking yourself to every fucking event since the year 12BC

I wasn't at Agincourt away 

8 minutes ago, Andyben said:

We know but you STILL felt the need to tell us 

I readily accept I am a boring bastard with no friends so apologies for posting a few comments on a football forum to make my otherwise shite life a bit less dull 

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Andyben said:

"Who's that interrupting the Kings speech about St Crispins day, going on about how much better the French tents look?"

It was lucky that Le Moore was managing the French that day 

1 hour ago, mkowl said:

I mean you can interpret that either way. It's a compliment to Ipswich or a dig.

I mean my opinion has always been that Chansiri's funds have not changed the underlying foundations of the Club. You can argue money has been spent, but its little more than a patch up job. In the meantime more Clubs have leapfrogged us.

People will argue that funds are spent on the players, that will always be the priority for sure. But when does it become chicken and egg. Ok players will always focus on the £s paid but if you get similar offers where you going. The one with shiny facilities or not

At Wednesday it goes further, I mean we have a very streamlined top management structure, but can you run a fairly complicated business where Chansiri is the sole decision maker.

Not for me to tell 1867 how to do their work but this is really where I would be focusing. I don't think we have regressed per se, more others have progressed and have a long term plan that is now bearing fruit 

Last paragraph I think tallies with what I tried to tell Jake and Baza on the other thread (although they seemed to ignore most of my posts).

They need to stop complaining about things like the badge, the name on the seats, the toilet roll in the North Stand bogs being too scratchy, and focus on that. You could argue the lack of senior people around DC has been the root cause of his problems, including the ground sale. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, HappyOwl said:

Well that was shit in the words of the foo fighters

On to the next one 🙌🙌

Oh and Rotherham is suddenly full of masterbating Toytown fans because we lost 6-0 funny old bunch 

Their 0-0 with Huddersfield was far more important to us than keeping the goal difference down v Ipswich.

• Like 3

I was only able to watch the first 35mins yesterday and have since seen the highlights.

Let’s face it (whether we like it or not) Ipswich put in one of the best performances we’ve seen this season against us. So, whilst once we were 3 down chins dropped but I also think every Ipswich player was at least a 9/10.

These last two games were always going to tough, but the next 8 are the games we need to compete in and I think we need at least 5 wins or 15points to be sure to stay up, ie keep the points coming in at the rate that DR has managed to collect since he’s instilled his methods. I rate our likelihood/ chance of staying up at 40%, but that’s way better than it was in October.

Did DR get his selection and tactics “wrong” well losing 6-0 would suggest so, but Ipswich playing like they did I think would have seen them win almost whatever he did, just may not conceding six.

btw I wonder where they got that Australian midfielder he looked decent, would have slotted nicely in our team 😒

8 minutes ago, Bronco said:

Amazing how anyone can see a 6-0 pasting as a sign we will stay up. To me it is indicative of a relegation side and I take no positives from it.

Not seen anyone posting that yesterday was a positive. I'd take the last two results if we follow up by winning the next two though. Didn't expect anything to be honest. Let's  see how we react against Swansea after the break. 

• Like 1

I'm convinced DR has written these top 4-5 games off and uses them for training and concentrates on the winnable games.

Every single one we have an interesting of not downright experimental lineup before reverting to a more balanced setup against the easier teams.

Anyways, we're still well on the way to staying up, yesterday's results put us in a stringer position despite the loss.

43 minutes ago, Bronco said:

Amazing how anyone can see a 6-0 pasting as a sign we will stay up. To me it is indicative of a relegation side and I take no positives from it.

Shut up you fuckwit.

54 minutes ago, Bronco said:

Because it's not as bad in comparison to draws with Rotherham, Sunderland and Middlesborough or losses v Watford, Preston and Norwich. 

1 hour ago, Bronco said:

Why is your username after a **** who dragged the club he supported through the mud and cost them on and off the pitch.

Says to me you're a Pig masquerading as a Wednesday fan.

1 hour ago, Tank_Owl2,0 said:

btw I wonder where they got that Australian midfielder he looked decent, would have slotted nicely in our team 😒

i suspect he would have fitted neatly into the treatment room if he was still with us.

But if fit then no argument.

What folk have to realise is Bannan needs either 2 around him or his time is up at Championship level 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Reesh said:

Why is your username after a **** who dragged the club he supported through the mud and cost them on and off the pitch.

Says to me you're a Pig masquerading as a Wednesday fan.

Doesn't post after a good performances. Snipes after a bad one..... usually aimed at Röhl. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Bronco said:

That’s because we can still see the bigger picture and don’t have it in for the club.

Hutchinson was Championship Player of the Month in February and on what he showed yesterday I’d have him up there for the award this month as well. We won’t face players like him every game, that’s for sure.

Birmingham can’t buy a win, Huddersfield couldn’t beat ToyTown. If we finish above those two clubs, which isn’t an impossibility, we stay up, simple as that. 

We also have a more comfortable run in than some of the teams around us, and whilst that doesn’t mean the points are in the bag, it does mean that on paper at least we have a better statistical chance to pick up points than some of the teams in and around us.

Im just pleased that with eight games to go we’re still in with a chance of staying up and that our fate is still in our own hands. At the start of the season I said I’d happily take fourth bottom and I still would.

• Like 1

Comment on EFL highlights last night “Port Vale still waiting for Darren Moore’s methods to take effect” 

Played 8

Won 0

Drawn 1

Lost 7

For 5

Against 16

Points 1

And taking them from 5th bottom to 2nd from bottom 6 points adrift 

I think you’ll find that that is his effect and you’ve signed up for 5 years of it 

14 minutes ago, HarrySpeakup said:

Comment on EFL highlights last night “Port Vale still waiting for Darren Moore’s methods to take effect” 

Played 8

Won 0

Drawn 1

Lost 7

For 5

Against 16

Points 1

I think you’ll find that that is his effect and you’ve signed up for 5 years of it 

It's not as if they'll  be treated to a swahbuckling, entertaining style to assuage the despondency of negative results either. 

2 hours ago, HarrySpeakup said:

Played 8

Won 0

Drawn 1

Lost 7

For 5

Against 16

Points 1

The problem is that most of the protesting was based on Darren Moore getting us promoted despite Chansiri not backing him and Chansiri lying about his exit, because DM is 'too honourable' to lie about it.

So now, with the accounts out and DM's subsequent performances, that the first isn't true and the fact that DM seems to have lied on at least two recent job applications making the latter look increasingly untrue too, maybe Chansiri deserves a little credit for supporting him with everything needed for promotion and maybe he was telling the truth about DM's exit.

4 minutes ago, Andyben said:

Didn't Moore eventually admit he'd asked for 4x the wage.

He did, on a phone interview with the Star, after spending all summer telling everyone he met it was bollocks.

Some lass on X went to the 'Evening with' thing a couple of days before and posted that he told her it wasn't true a couple of days before. Think it was deleted as I couldn't find it again.

But, it can't be true. 

Carlton told everybody the truth.

Carlton said DM had told him he hadn't asked for it and it wasn't true.

Carlton knows everything. 

About Fookall

19 minutes ago, Tewksbury said:

He did, on a phone interview with the Star, after spending all summer telling everyone he met it was bollocks.

Some lass on X went to the 'Evening with' thing a couple of days before and posted that he told her it wasn't true a couple of days before. Think it was deleted as I couldn't find it again.

6 minutes ago, MAL said:

But, it can't be true. 

Carlton told everybody the truth.

Carlton said DM had told him he hadn't asked for it and it wasn't true.

Carlton knows everything. 

About Fookall

Criticising  Club Legends.

Criticising Former Managers.

3 minutes ago, Andyben said:

Criticising  Club Legends.

Criticising Former Managers.

The biggest take is that if what Chansiri said is true, and DM was spreading an alternate view, then the off-season debacle can be laid squarely at DM's feet.

Who's going to sign for a club that can't fund the season, then sacks a promotion winning manager for pushing back about it?

How far over the odds did we have to pay to get the ones who would?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Bronco said:

Did you expect a 6-0 drubbing?

Nobody expects a 6-0 drubbing. Sometimes shit happens when a decent team has effectively won the game at HT. They can relax and play football, the losing side gets demoralised.

Millwall tried the park the bus option and still lost 2 Nil. 

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, Bronco said:

Did you expect a 6-0 drubbing?

Why are you a racist?

Why is your username after a man who disgraced this club more than any 6 nil loss will ever do?

You fucking Pig

7 hours ago, Bronco said:

Did you say this after the Arsenal game😉

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MAL said:

Carlton said DM had told him he hadn't asked for it...

Technically true, m'lud. It was Moore's agent. 

But it would be interesting if Carlton is ever asked the question again. Him and Shez are doing 'an evening with' at Grange Golf Club, Rotherham 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Tylluan said:

Technically true, m'lud. It was Moore's agent. 

But it would be interesting if Carlton is ever asked the question again. Him and Shez are doing 'an evening with' at Grange Golf Club, Rotherham 

Old Carlton, slags the club off while still making a bit of a living of it.

6 hours ago, Tewksbury said:

The biggest take is that if what Chansiri said is true, and DM was spreading an alternate view, then the off-season debacle can be laid squarely at DM's feet.

Who's going to sign for a club that can't fund the season, then sacks a promotion winning manager for pushing back about it?

How far over the odds did we have to pay to get the ones who would?

"Alternate"?   WTF?   Eeeuuurrrggghhh!

I’ve held back off posting following the game, deliberately as it just annoyed me so much.  While I didn’t expect much from it, a draw would have been nice, it was just the manner and attitude of some of the team. 

Now before I ‘go on’, it’s not all gone to hell, I’m not saying we’re relegated and we’ve no chance. Because that would be absurd. Our destiny is in our hands still and we’ve bounced back massively from setbacks before in recent months.

What really got to me is how for so much of the game after they opened the scoring was how we were on our heels.l, waiting for things to happen, trying to react (or not even bothering in some cases) to when they had possession.

The ones that really got to me, were the two goals by their sub, that lad from Wimbledon who’s name escapes me right now. His first, while Beadle maybe could have done better and not palmed it in the direction he did, the ‘reaction’ from the whole defence was laughable. Stood, watching. 
Then the last one, Bernard. Watch him. Stands still as their lad 8 yards out just moseys past him without as much as an ounce of effort, then he’s there 5 yards out waiting to receive a pull back from 6 yards away. Our defence are again like statues. Game over or not at that point, that was horrific defending. 

Fair play for DR coming out and taking responsibility for things, on how he setup, and it felt quite like the Saints (a) game where we went for it and got burned, badly. There’s something admirable about trying to take the game to the opposition, but, there’s no disgrace in being a little more pragmatic in a game like that either.  DR is learning, and he’s still 100% right for the job IMO, yet it’s still right to have criticisms about his decisions too. 

As people have said. 8 cup finals now. Home games are so vital to our fortunes, and if feels like we have to bounce back against Swansea. We need a reaction, like the one we got post Huddersfield, and the positive is, we can. 

7 minutes ago, Owling_Wolf said:

Yep: not technically but it does feel like we need to beat Swansea. We'd won 5 out of 6. Need to get straight back on that level, and against a team that's just won their biggest game. 

The Swansea win v Cardiff might not be a bad thing.  They were always the ones on the edge of the relegation risk and this might give them an air of mid table comfort.