Into the Tractor loving fuckers

5 minutes ago, owl4ever1867 said:

As we stand 16th March.

All isn't lost - we are still in this.

Screenshot_20240316-170217_Flashscore.jpg

Thought we might have to take no points in the last two games going into March but the manner today has been a kicker.

8 games and thankfully no one above won.

Hope today is a massive shake up 

Talk about needing to just put it behind them. 🙈

3 minutes ago, Bronco said:

Wait on. Rotherham scored 3 at their place. Ipswich usually concede goals. Why did we have to go down nil to 6. Let Rohl try to talk his way out of that but who would listen? 

When we did create chances, one from Poveda excepted which the keeper did well to turn round the post, the ‘quality’ of strike, if quality is the right term to use, was absolutely fucking abysmal. 

4 minutes ago, Andyben said:

As bad as today was, does anybody think we won't win 3 of the next 4?

Depends if Rohl goes back to basics and not think we can play Bannan in a 2 in midfield 

Be a blow if Poveda has done his hamstring - not likely to see him again this season if that is the case.

But he doesn't seem to have grasped that 4 attacking players leaves us defending most the match, chasing shadows 

17 minutes ago, Bronco said:

Wait on. Rotherham scored 3 at their place. Ipswich usually concede goals. Why did we have to go down nil to 6. Let Rohl try to talk his way out of that but who would listen? 

Shut up **** 

Just now, Bronco said:

Our goal difference has gone south since Rohl came in, largely due to multiple heavy defeats. I know we can't stay up on goal difference but did it have to be as bad as it is?

Eat shit you racist prick 

17 minutes ago, Bronco said:

Isn't anyone angry?

Frustrated for sure, but Rohl has got us competitive when playing 19 other teams in this League. Why he feels the need to try and match up v footballing sides at the top.of the table.

He has more faith in their abilities than I think is due when playing the top 4.

Conceding 6 is always bad. But angry? No.

The two teams above us had easily winnable games whilst we had one we all expected to lose. They got a point between them and we’re no further off safety than we were this morning.

Possible Injury to Poveda aside, overall, its a good set off results.

3 minutes ago, Bronco said:

I think you are giving Rohl too much rope. This was Ipswich's biggest win of the season and we offered no resistance from the kick off. Why should it not happen again?

Talking of rope, go hang yersen

14 minutes ago, Bronco said:

I think you are giving Rohl too much rope. This was Ipswich's biggest win of the season and we offered no resistance from the kick off. Why should it not happen again?

He’s earned a bit of slack surely? 

18 minutes ago, Bronco said:

TBF they were playing the team second bottom of the table at home.

Just now, mkowl said:

For now, but any other manager in recent times would have been absolutely slated after today.

We are a year or so behind Ipswich in our trajectory, if Röhl manages to keep us up and is backed then I am optimistic days like today will be few and far between however the tendency to have games like that is becoming a tad too repetitive.

5 wins from 8 and we are definitely safe.

4 wins from 8 and it’s still possible.

Less than that and who knows?

Today’s result changes nothing. We’re still in charge of our own destiny.

If there is a game(s) that we might look back on it’s that 4-0 reversal at The McAlpine (and the home defeat to Millwall), not the one today. They are the results that might have the biggest impact on where we finish in the league this season.

16 minutes ago, Reesh said:

We are a year or so behind Ipswich in our trajectory, if Röhl manages to keep us up and is backed then I am optimistic days like today will be few and far between however the tendency to have games like that is becoming a tad too repetitive.

I think it just re-iterates that whilst we got promoted last season it was built with no coherent plan. We have played catch up as a result, in a league that rarely permits you to do that. 

The gap today in quality was startling, but its the mentality aspect concerned me more. We need to see more fight when we go behind 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mkowl said:

The concern is more that after a week on the training pitch that was the preferred way to play. Did someone never watch Ipswich play. 

Well this is where some supporters need to step back a bit regarding Roel being the next Klopp. He's  learning as he goes along, today he made mistakes with formation, but he's part of a coaching team so surely Powell and co have input.

• Like 1

We don’t draw many with Röhl.  He picks and sets up his sides to get at the opposition’s weaknesses.  Yep, when the wheels come off they really do come off.  With a more cautious approach we’d basically already be down, but yes we may have avoided any single game as embarrassing as today.  I don’t want to get relegated while avoiding any really humiliating results.  

11 minutes ago, owl71 said:

We don’t draw many with Röhl.  He picks and sets up his sides to get at the opposition’s weaknesses.  Yep, when the wheels come off they really do come off.  With a more cautious approach we’d basically already be down, but yes we may have avoided any single game as embarrassing as today.  I don’t want to get relegated while avoiding any really humiliating results.  

Pretty sure if he sticks with this ideology for the next 8 games we win more than we lose. It's just against the big hitters your chances are higher of coming unstuck.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, owl71 said:

I think you have to pick and choose when it's appropriate to try different things though.

Football is about finding weaknesses for sure, but sometimes it's nullifying the opposition strengths first. 

Rohl needs to accept we ain't out footballing teams with this squad, keep it tight, frustrate teams and perhaps sneak one. 

3 hours ago, Bronco said:

It's not taking no points that matters. But losing 6-0 to any side is just not on.

I know mate, I'm just trying to see it as a game we were expected to lose and hope Danny understands he needs to do a hell of a lot of work now and the team can refocus

We have taken beatings before when in a much better position and it's been unexpected so I've got the blinkers on and fingers crossed.

Not been today as I'm away on hols, (Benidorm the place is mental) 🤣 

Weren't expecting much but 6-0, I couldn't bloody believe it. 

Having seen starting line up I'm a little bit confused by the team that started, we've looked ok with 3 central defenders and 2 wing backs getting forward at every opportunity so I'm surprised to see we went with what looked an attacking formation. 

Playing teams at top maybe it would have been better to park the bus and try and grind out a result. 

I don't like knocking Rohl because I think he's going to be a top manager but he's still got a bit of learning to do. 

2 hours ago, bradowl said:

Not been today as I'm away on hols, (Benidorm the place is mental) 🤣 

Weren't expecting much but 6-0, I couldn't bloody believe it. 

Having seen starting line up I'm a little bit confused by the team that started, we've looked ok with 3 central defenders and 2 wing backs getting forward at every opportunity so I'm surprised to see we went with what looked an attacking formation. 

Playing teams at top maybe it would have been better to park the bus and try and grind out a result. 

I don't like knocking Rohl because I think he's going to be a top manager but he's still got a bit of learning to do. 

Sad similar, these defeats are just going to make Rohl better and better, and still one hundred percent believe he'll keep us up 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, holmesfield_owl said:

Sad similar, these defeats are just going to make Rohl better and better, and still one hundred percent believe he'll keep us up 

I agree

We've had bad results under Rohl already and he has always overseen a reaction

We'll stop up

• Like 1

I mean it's admirable in his post match interview that he did not want us to be just there to defend. I mean with Moore last season it felt like we parked the bus playing a lot of sides even with the better players. 

It was refreshing that he took full on responsibility for the tactical approach, he was let down by the players application at the same time but for me it stemmed by changing the formation from 3 5 2 type.

Whilst identifying their left back as a potential weak link, it nullified Johnson as a wing back.

Iorfa equally is not a right back.

We have all identified really that Bannan / Vaulks as a midfield 2 simply does not work. So we seemed to be outnumbered both on the wings and in the middle at the same time.

And I like the fact that whilst Ipswich have all this quick pass and move, it's topped by an old school centre forward that bullied the defence as well.

To add that we conceded from a set piece again

We conceded in first half injury time again

We conceded straight after half time which seems reasonably often

On the basis we have 8 Cup Finals now, we know that requires being in the game for as long as possible. You can't be experimenting formation wise in these 

13 hours ago, owl71 said:

Also, some of the players need to look at themselves after that.  A basic lack of determination defending your own box is not down to how the team is set up when in possession.

Yeah amongst the team there does seem to be a down tools trait when it’s going wrong.

1 minute ago, KrolMong said:

Very interesting comments from Rohl when he compared Ipswich and Wednesday. A barbed attack on the infrastructure of our own club?

I mean you can interpret that either way. It's a compliment to Ipswich or a dig.

I mean my opinion has always been that Chansiri's funds have not changed the underlying foundations of the Club. You can argue money has been spent, but its little more than a patch up job. In the meantime more Clubs have leapfrogged us.

People will argue that funds are spent on the players, that will always be the priority for sure. But when does it become chicken and egg. Ok players will always focus on the £s paid but if you get similar offers where you going. The one with shiny facilities or not

At Wednesday it goes further, I mean we have a very streamlined top management structure, but can you run a fairly complicated business where Chansiri is the sole decision maker.

Not for me to tell 1867 how to do their work but this is really where I would be focusing. I don't think we have regressed per se, more others have progressed and have a long term plan that is now bearing fruit 

• Like 1

To add plenty will argue that Chansiri is appearing to have changed philosophy. But it always feels we are followers of fashion never the leader. That Chansiri might change his mind on a whim anyway.

If we end up relegated, I cannot see Rohl volunteering for a season in League 1 on his CV. In any event Chansiri will want an immediate return so the recruitment policy will focus on achieving that not surviving in the Championship.

Groundhog Day !