Here's to beating the Pilgrims

2 hours ago, HoylandOwl said:

I was a little surprised with the atmosphere early on yesterday. I thought it would be buzzing after recent results and the prospect of joining a few teams on 38 points but it felt a little nervy at the start. 

Thankfully it didn’t translate into the pitch because after the first 5 mins where Whittaker tried to get the better of Neymarv to no avail, that was it for an hour from them. Some of the football we played in the first half at times was fantastic, a real joy and that move which lead to Poveda’s ‘goal’ was …. Nothing short of real top quality. Save for a guessing referees assistant as he was so far behind play he was almost sat with us on the Kop the team would have had the celebrations that they deserved. 

There were some very good performances, Vaulks is back to his pre Xmas form, Poveda is just a joy to watch and is a big miss for Friday, Iorfa had a great game on his first start in an age, Beadle did what he was expected to, and well, but Ihiekwe was the one for me.
He’s got better, and he wasn’t bad before. Heads everything away, his positioning was fantastic too against Hardie and didn’t give him a sniff. 

It seems Bannan might be ok for Friday, but the one I’m worried about is Valentin, who limped off and he’s another one who’s just got better and better under Rohl. 

Our opponents on Friday are a good side as much as it pains me, and we’ll have to be on it. However, after speaking to a few of them, they’re a little wary of us too… which is an indication of how far we’ve come. 
Bring it on. 

Loved the Ihiekwe performance as I do most weeks.  Hard to believe that one of the Diaby Chuckle Brothers was playing in front of him. 

A proper Mesters performance from him last night.  Watched him closely for a few mins in first half and he never stops talking, marshalling and adjusting his position to accommodate.  Proper throw back really and a bit similar to how Loovans was. 

• Like 2

As an aside thought it was another decent refereeing performance last night from Stephen Martin, coming on the back of the performance by the Ref in the Bristol City game. 

Thought he has been good other times I have seen him.  *  Awaits Reesh to pluck out some obscure decision from the past 😃

13 minutes ago, Hirstys 12th Pint said:

Loved the Ihiekwe performance as I do most weeks.  Hard to believe that one of the Diaby Chuckle Brothers was playing in front of him. 

A proper Mesters performance from him last night.  Watched him closely for a few mins in first half and he never stops talking, marshalling and adjusting his position to accommodate.  Proper throw back really and a bit similar to how Loovans was. 

This could help Bambo in the long run.

Bambo's great at the physical stuff and getting something on the ball, it's his decision making that's a bit suspect.

Iorfa is the same sort, always looks much better with an old head next to him organising stuff.

What would happen if Chansiri came out and released the following.

"I'm aware of the financial difficulties and that the vast majority of fans now buy their tickets in Early Bird phase 1.

However, this leads to a shortfall in income and the money has to come from somewhere.

So in order to keep those discounts for the majority I decided to pass the cost onto a few hundred casuals who only turn up every now and again and away fans.

You're welcome."

3 hours ago, Paul from Wisewood said:

Not a chance at them prices

23k Wednesday there last night for a mid week night match against a team none of our fanbase could give less of a fuck about that was on Sky.

Given we won I think there's every chance.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Tewksbury said:

What would happen if Chansiri came out and released the following.

"I'm aware of the financial difficulties and that the vast majority of fans now buy their tickets in Early Bird phase 1.

However, this leads to a shortfall in income and the money has to come from somewhere.

So in order to keep those discounts for the majority I decided to pass the cost onto a few hundred casuals who only turn up every now and again and away fans.

You're welcome."

Wouldn't be allowed for the away fans, I think.

54 minutes ago, Tewksbury said:

This could help Bambo in the long run.

Bambo's great at the physical stuff and getting something on the ball, it's his decision making that's a bit suspect.

Iorfa is the same sort, always looks much better with an old head next to him organising stuff.

Bambo should not be allowed to do anything other than mark people.

There was a moment last night where he’s spare, and he literally loses all sense of where he is on the pitch, and finds himself stood next to Ihiekwe who then pushes him out.

4 minutes ago, Owling_Wolf said:

Wouldn't be allowed for the away fans, I think.

That's why he can't say it.

I think our biggest problem with ticket prices is the fact that we have to charge away fans the same as the Kop.

If we could charge them Grandstand prices, the average ticket would be lower.

2 hours ago, Hirstys 12th Pint said:

As an aside thought it was another decent refereeing performance last night from Stephen Martin, coming on the back of the performance by the Ref in the Bristol City game. 

Thought he has been good other times I have seen him.  *  Awaits Reesh to pluck out some obscure decision from the past 😃

I found him quite frustrating to be honest. Felt he let too much go before the cards came out, particularly the foul on (I think) Poveda in front of the north first half. Let them time waste and take free kicks/throw ins from wherever the fuck they wanted, but was all over us for the same thing and completely didn't deal with their nob head sub with the throw ins and picking the ball up at the end.

1 minute ago, Otto_Man said:

I found him quite frustrating to be honest. Felt he let too much go before the cards came out, particularly the foul on (I think) Poveda in front of the north first half. Let them time waste and take free kicks/throw ins from wherever the fuck they wanted, but was all over us for the same thing and completely didn't deal with their nob head sub with the throw ins and picking the ball up at the end.

Was pathetically weak with their keeper from the start. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Owling_Wolf said:

What on earth was he doing lateish on when he appeared to leave a through ball in front of T1 to the forward? Gave us kittens!  

I thought it was a cert Plymouth would nick one from that!!

3 hours ago, Otto_Man said:

For about five minutes near the end their sub who was supposedly 'warming up' was stood next to the spare ball 20 yards from the corner flag and throwing it back to Plymouth wnen it went out for a throw. And then, as he was getting away with that, he pickied the spare ball up and was holding it. Once, Wednesday conceded a throw and the spare ball was passed on and was back in play in about two seconds.

9 hours ago, HoylandOwl said:

I was a little surprised with the atmosphere early on yesterday. I thought it would be buzzing after recent results and the prospect of joining a few teams on 38 points but it felt a little nervy at the start. 

Thankfully it didn’t translate into the pitch because after the first 5 mins where Whittaker tried to get the better of Neymarv to no avail, that was it for an hour from them. Some of the football we played in the first half at times was fantastic, a real joy and that move which lead to Poveda’s ‘goal’ was …. Nothing short of real top quality. Save for a guessing referees assistant as he was so far behind play he was almost sat with us on the Kop the team would have had the celebrations that they deserved. 

There were some very good performances, Vaulks is back to his pre Xmas form, Poveda is just a joy to watch and is a big miss for Friday, Iorfa had a great game on his first start in an age, Beadle did what he was expected to, and well, but Ihiekwe was the one for me.
He’s got better, and he wasn’t bad before. Heads everything away, his positioning was fantastic too against Hardie and didn’t give him a sniff. 

It seems Bannan might be ok for Friday, but the one I’m worried about is Valentin, who limped off and he’s another one who’s just got better and better under Rohl. 

Our opponents on Friday are a good side as much as it pains me, and we’ll have to be on it. However, after speaking to a few of them, they’re a little wary of us too… which is an indication of how far we’ve come. 
Bring it on. 

Wierdly felt like a game where we expected to win which often makes it like that but for Leeds on Friday as under dogs I bet the atmosphere is more like Southampton on the opening game 

3 hours ago, Owling_Wolf said:

Was pathetically weak with their keeper from the start. 

Nothing Beadle wasn't guilty of, especially at 1-0. I remember a goal kick which took at least 30 seconds. How the fuck he got away without a yellow, I'll never know.

Not to mention his strategic injury immediately after the subs. Second home game in a row for that one.

No point in moaning about other goalkeepers when ours is just as bad.

All hail game management...

26 minutes ago, wollowl said:

For about five minutes near the end their sub who was supposedly 'warming up' was stood next to the spare ball 20 yards from the corner flag and throwing it back to Plymouth wnen it went out for a throw. And then, as he was getting away with that, he pickied the spare ball up and was holding it. Once, Wednesday conceded a throw and the spare ball was passed on and was back in play in about two seconds.

Keep the game flowing. Up to us to be alive to it

54 minutes ago, EastCraigsOwl said:

Nothing Beadle wasn't guilty of, especially at 1-0. I remember a goal kick which took at least 30 seconds. How the fuck he got away without a yellow, I'll never know.

Not to mention his strategic injury immediately after the subs. Second home game in a row for that one.

No point in moaning about other goalkeepers when ours is just as bad.

All hail game management...

Keep the game flowing. Up to us to be alive to it

There was a big, big difference between theirs and Beadle, though. Why?  Because we were only happy with the scoreline for a relatively short part of the game. They obviously would have settled for a draw, (though would have liked a win), and he was at it in spades from minute one. Got away with murder last night. Until they fell behind. Then he instantly morphed into a blue-arsed fly.  Very enjoyable to see!   😋

10 hours ago, Paul from Wisewood said:

Not a chance at them prices

Ticket sales have gone well despite the price of tickets and being live on Sky. 

Most of North Stand sold out already, 123 seats available in P and P1 blocks.

Roughly still about 4,000 available in other home areas though there's probably some blocks of seats that's not available online like AA on far end of South Stand. 

My guess is an attendance of 31,000.  

10 hours ago, Hirstys 12th Pint said:

He was very fustrating at times especially at corners where he was making the ballboys/girls put the spare ball on the cones before the kick was taken even though they had the ball in their hands

1 hour ago, Paul from Wisewood said:

I think anything getting close to £40 is taking the piss

£50 for a parent to take a child, £100 for a family

pricing people out 

And yet said “supporters” (term used loosely) could somehow find hundreds of pounds, at very short notice, to go to Wembley for the playoff final last season.

I didn’t hear anyone plead poverty then!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Owling_Wolf said:

Does anyone know what was the reason for the tannoy announcement at roughly the end of h.t., asking the North Stand not to throw things - I can't remember the exact wording - on the pitch or in the direction of the pitch?  

I heard the announcement and for some reason looked down to the pitch and saw the linesman.

Although nothing had been thrown, not that I saw, I assumed it was a preemptive plea based on a combination of the clown disallowing the goal and previous linesmen getting things thrown in their direction.

5 hours ago, Paul from Wisewood said:

I think anything getting close to £40 is taking the piss

£50 for a parent to take a child, £100 for a family

pricing people out 

Thanks for the answer but it's not what I asked. 

So I'll ask again. What price do you think it should be for an adult ticket for a Yorkshire derby game?