Here's to beating the Pilgrims

Head to Head record v Plymouth Argyle.

Wednesday wins - 16

Draws - 13

Plymouth wins - 17

Last time out V Plymouth Argyle at S6.

Sat 4th Feb 2023 - We won 1-0 courtesy of a Callum Paterson goal after 7 mins. 

Officials for the game. 

Referee:  STEPHEN MARTIN
Assistants: Mark Dwyer and Justin Amey
Fourth Official : Adam Herczeg

Mr Martin's record this season in the middle..

He's only refereed 16 games according to Soccerbase, and in that time, he's shown 81 yellow cards and 2 red. 

8 Yellow cards have been shown in 4 of those games, and one of them had 9 and involved our opponents on Tuesday night.. (West Brom v Plymouth)

Last time he refereed us?

Our 2-0 loss at Forest in December 2020.

How different the bottom of the league will look with a win tomorrow night.

Each game is big but as we all realize this is THE chance after so many others have been dragged into a relegation scrap.

I'm kinda surprised Plymouth have been but glad about it and hopefully the nerves get to them in Hillsborough 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Andyben said:

This young team we have may flower into something special soon, and we could really make Plymouth rock if we start quickly. 

The potential of being able to get on level terms points wise with a number of teams above us, will mean the atmosphere should be decent at kick off... If we scored early it will add to the positivity even more, and then I think you're right. 

I know someone who's chucked a couple of hundred quid on us winning tonight.... Confidence is flowing!

1 hour ago, HoylandOwl said:

The potential of being able to get on level terms points wise with a number of teams above us, will mean the atmosphere should be decent at kick off... If we scored early it will add to the positivity even more, and then I think you're right. 

I know someone who's chucked a couple of hundred quid on us winning tonight.... Confidence is flowing!

I too have thrown money on us tonight ...... Albeit £10 on us to win 2-0 to secure £60 in free bets for Cheltenham with BETMGM

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Chelters said:

Paused it on the replay. Poveda clearly behind the ball.

Don't think he gave it for that pass, thought it was for the first out wide where Poveda "COULD" have been in front , but when he is then passed to he becomes offside.

Or some sort of Shitt like that is in the rules now.

1 minute ago, MAL said:

Don't think he gave it for that pass, thought it was for the first out wide where Poveda "COULD" have been in front , but when he is then passed to he becomes offside.

Or some sort of Shitt like that is in the rules now.

Was given for the goal pass apparently 

Nothing wrong with that first half display. Dominated, created good chances. Need to get more people in the box. Our right side is our best side with the ball but our worst side without it.

Early goal for us and we’ll win this.

Bit of a frustrating first half that and I think yet again we’ve been robbed of a goal. Definitely been the better side.

If there is one question I would like to ask Röhl, it’s why he continues to persist with Bannan taking set pieces? Surely we must have someone better than him. 

26 minutes ago, Chelters said:

Paused it on the replay. Poveda clearly behind the ball.

It was hard to tell in real time, one that the lino isn't in line with play so his view skews it somewhat to "show" in front. 

Unlucky to have had 2 dodgy decisions.

Not 100% at the races attacking wise, some good play down the right but then some poor passing and crossing.

Can't keep losing the ball in our half either

These new laws are nuts

The 'technical' offside one used in the league cup final was bad enough but without var I'm not liking whatever the judgement was tonight 

This idea that a player 'would have been ' in whatever position open's up far too much interpretation 

Playing well and comfortably the better side.  Disallowed goal was a lovely move.  

We could do with all three here, but thinking ahead I don’t see it as a given that we get sod all from Leeds and Ipswich.  We are a dangerous side on the counter now and I can see us winning one of those two.

1 minute ago, TINK91 said:

These new laws are nuts

The 'technical' offside one used in the league cup final was bad enough but without var I'm not liking whatever the judgement was tonight 

This idea that a player 'would have been ' in whatever position open's up far too much interpretation 

It's given for the pass from wide to Poveda not the first phase 

7 minutes ago, mkowl said:

There is a still that shows it was onside, the lino is 15 yards behind play 

Well if it shows he is behind play, it is an even more of a bent a decision.

From the angle being behind play, Poveda will have looked about 10 foot onside.

Just now, Skamp said:

Who's playing him onside?

Forward pass, so offside I'm afraid.

That has to be just a wind up post...

Nobody can be that thick with just one head !

• Sad 1

20 minutes ago, Bellsview said:

Bit of a frustrating first half that and I think yet again we’ve been robbed of a goal. Definitely been the better side.

If there is one question I would like to ask Röhl, it’s why he continues to persist with Bannan taking set pieces? Surely we must have someone better than him. 

After seeing Vaulks’ first 3 corners maybe I should keep quiet!

• Like 2