Can we Terrier Huddersfield a new arsehole?

6 minutes ago, Otto_Man said:

Don't always agree with you, but in 100% agreement here. We had a style that was working, producing results and we were scoring goals, we seem to have abandoned that in favour of some weird 4-4-2 weirdly to some how accommodate Smith who's done fuck all this season?!

Well it was Smith today, been Ugbo. When Windass is fit the same.

Being positive and creating chances does not necessarily require attack minded players. Its about moving the ball, overlaps and runners. But often it's more possible to do that knowing there is security behind you. 

The 2nd goal I thought was so poor. You cannot lose the ball 15 yards outside their box and one pass it's one v one. 

The 3rd was coming all day, they sensed it was easy to get in behind Pederson and he does not have any pace. 

The 4th well it had a touch of Game for a Laugh and there was a Beadle involved as well. 

Beadle is not really an upgrade on Dawson on his showing so far. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, mkowl said:

Being positive and creating chances does not necessarily require attack minded players. Its about moving the ball, overlaps and runners. But often it's more possible to do that knowing there is security behind you. 

The 2nd goal I thought was so poor. You cannot lose the ball 15 yards outside their box and one pass it's one v one. 

The 3rd was coming all day, they sensed it was easy to get in behind Pederson and he does not have any pace. 

The 4th well it had a touch of Game for a Laugh and there was a Beadle involved as well. 

Dawson concedes 4 & he's ripped apart...

It’s both boxes.

Teams don’t have to work hard to score against us.

We get behind and down the side of teams multiple times a game and make very little of it.

Both boil down to quality. Doing the basics defensively, and then making the right decision in attacking areas, and that’s both with a final ball or final run.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, mkowl said:

The fact he got taken out by a Hudds player when trying to recover didn’t help. 

That was scandalous. When you consider how important that game was and how long we've been talking about it, to be so poor to another poor side in the first half was unbelievable.  And as for the second half...

Once they scored...  that was the classic definition of a pin into a bubble.  Every time they went forward they scored.  Shocking.  

4 minutes ago, Chelters said:

The fact he got taken out by a Hudds player when trying to recover didn’t help. 

A foul could have been given for sure, he is not at fault for the goals but I am not convinced he is an upgrade as yet

6 minutes ago, Owling_Wolf said:

That was scandalous. When you consider how important that game was and how long we've been talking about it, to be so poor to another poor side in the first half was unbelievable.  And as for the second half...

Once they scored...  that was the classic definition of a pin into a bubble.  Every time they went forward they scored.  Shocking.  

What was the away end mood like 

24 minutes ago, Bronco said:

Sorry, the coach carries the can for this. He has had long enough to impose a method.

You're only 9 posts in and so I'm not sure of your background BUT I couldn't agree more with this post.

2 minutes ago, Skamp said:

You're only 9 posts in and so I'm not sure of your background BUT I couldn't agree more with this post.

The worry for me is that he had imposed a method, but seems to be falling into the trap of changing it to fit certain players in.

5 minutes ago, mkowl said:

What was the away end mood like 

Loads left as soon as we capitualated. Even our lot did after the 4th, which we never do.  

Many of our travelling teenyboppers were facing the ninny club to our right, ("Wednesday get battered..."), offering them out.  Morons unlimited!

Can we please absolve the current coach from this mess and give him a pass, at least until next August.

He is not to blame for the summers recruitment, he’s not to blame for the players not being nearly good enough for this level.

IF he reshapes the squad and we seem the same issues, no worries.

He has a clear way he wants to play, but because of our piss poor squad, he’s had to play a striker as a 10, has a load of shit central midfield players he didn’t sign, and a defensive unit with very little Championship level cover.

I’ll make this very clear. Munoz has done us.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, KrolMong said:

Can we please absolve the current coach from this mess and give him a pass, at least until next August.

He is not to blame for the summers recruitment, he’s not to blame for the players not being nearly good enough for this level.

IF he reshapes the squad and we seem the same issues, no worries.

He has a clear way he wants to play, but because of our piss poor squad, he’s had to play a striker as a 10, has a load of shit central midfield players he didn’t sign, and a defensive unit with very little Championship level cover.

I’ll make this very clear. Munoz has done us.

I agree to a fashion in that he is dealt a shit hand.

However I still think it should deflect from some of his selections last few games. Why abandon 3 in midfield, Vaulks not playing etc

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, mkowl said:

However I still think it should deflect from some of his selections last few games. Why abandon 3 in midfield, Vaulks not playing etc

He’s been hurt by Windass not being available again. When he plays as a 10 he drops in when the other team has the ball an occupies the deep midfield player.

I made a comment that if we didn’t sign a 6, we had to sign a 10. We’ve got one now, so let’s see what happens.

On Vaulks, it’s an odd one. He should play. I understand Diaby not playing. At 46 I’m more mobile. 

8 minutes ago, mkowl said:

I’m not beyond criticising him either. Smith starting today surprised me, Dropping Vaulks is again a strange one.

From what I saw of Pedersen today I’m questioning our supposedly superior recruitment team.

But nothing, and I mean nothing, can be done to prevent the damage Munoz caused. I still can’t believe Chansiri appointed the absolute clown, and that’s where the blame lies and stops with me.

Edited by Bellsview

3 minutes ago, KrolMong said:

He’s been hurt by Windass not being available again. When he plays as a 10 he drops in when the other team has the ball an occupies the deep midfield player.

But he moved Gassama out wide when he'd been doing just that so he's culpable

13 minutes ago, Bellsview said:

I’m not beyond criticising him either. Smith starting today surprised me, Dropping Vaulks is again a strange one.

From what I saw of Pedersen today I’m questioning our supposedly superior recruitment team.

But nothing, and I mean nothing, can be done to prevent the damage Munoz caused. I still can’t believe Chansiri appointed the absolute clown, and that’s where the blame lies and stops with me.

Nothing will deflect from the stupidity of that appointment. 

Rohl has definitely improved the all round standard. In trying to move up a level we have instead gone the other way.

I am old fashioned in that I like my midfield to be strong, it is the base from which you build and the block to stop conceding.

So whilst Gassama and Musaba offer a lot, trying to put both into the side isn't necessarily working. Or doing that with 2 other strikers 

19 minutes ago, Andyben said:

But he moved Gassama out wide when he'd been doing just that so he's culpable

Gassama doesn’t drop in. In a midfield three the most advanced has to play both ways. Gassama works as a 10 without defensive responsibility, but with it, especially away from home, he doesn’t work.

Away from home, we have two 10’s in a three. Bannan and Windass. At home you can open up a bit.

1 minute ago, KrolMong said:

Gassama doesn’t drop in. In a midfield three the most advanced has to play both ways. Gassama works as a 10 without defensive responsibility, but with it, especially away from home, he doesn’t work.

Away from home, we have two 10’s in a three. Bannan and Windass. At home you can open up a bit.

They are luxury players and sometimes you can't accommodate 2 in the starting 11.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mkowl said:

Rohl has definitely improved the all round standard. In trying to move up a level we have instead gone the other way.

I am old fashioned in that I like my midfield to be strong, it is the base from which you build and the block to stop conceding.

So whilst Gassama and Musaba offer a lot, trying to put both into the side isn't necessarily working. Or doing that with 2 other strikers 

We picked what looked a very attacking lineup today but never got going. We had over 2/3 possession and did virtually nothing with it.  We similarly looked in no trouble though, which makes it so shocking the way we collapsed like a house of cards when they scored first.  That needs a major investigation, not just brushing over or, worse, deflecting from by all the  attention going to the balloon fanciers, who will think their time has come. 

Tough to take today, knowing what was hanging on it.

And there’s the thing, it’s not just losing, it’s the belief will be massively knocked. BB after Watford made that clear and you can’t deny it’s not only the players but the supporters belief will be rock bottom.

Its hard to see a way back from this, with the number of games left to play and the way our form has dipped.

As for the game, we were in it but our goal scoring is woeful and will be the reason we get relegated. I think DR is over compensating by playing too many flair players like Gassama and Musaba at once. I realise it’s hard when Windass is pant fit and Smith isn’t good enough but we are way too “open” in the middle when the both play and Palmer with Bannan isn’t the answer. I thought Vaulks was one our better players in the recent games when he played.

We are saying it every week now but a win in the next game is essential 

1 hour ago, mkowl said:

I like Iké Ugbo and thought he put a proper shift in today. I'm not so sure why he spent so much time beavering and covering deep in midfield & even defence though. Total football?  Maybe better for the team to master the simple steps first.

A complete disaster yesterday, not much in it until udders first goal then we just crumbled. 

I love to see attacking football but I think we looked wide open in midfield and at back with yesterday's lineup. 

You can have too many attacking players sometimes. 

We've got a mountain to climb to stay up now. We probably need to win 50% of remaining games which we don't look capable of doing. 

• Like 1

I’m still aghast at what I saw yesterday, for that mad 12 minutes. While we were the better side before that, we didn’t maintain any momentum in the game at all. 
The first half we had moments, a lot of them, where we dominated the ball, both sides of it until we got into their box. Ugbo I thought should have scored, admittedly I’ve not seen it back yet, but it seemed like he took a touch too many which let Lees in to block. Score that and IMO it was over, even at that stage. You could hear the home fans nervousness, we needed to open the scoring. And we still have that trying to walk it in mentality it seems, allowing the opponent to get a foot in when we have a touch or two too many. 

I thought Pedersen started well, but looked a little ‘stiff’ in his movement, and Bernard was excellent in that first half and I enjoyed his new song being belted around the stand. But even though we were the better side; you could see the deficiencies. That midfield pairing isn’t working. Palmer over Vaulks OR Mo Diaby, proper midfielders who’ve played the position all their career is mystifying me and letting Byers go and not replacing him, looks even more criminal than I thought it was. As much as he’s not been pulling up trees THIS season, he’s more of a midfielder than Palmer has ever been. 

I can almost forgive the first goal. It’s a set piece, admittedly marking wasn’t great, I still expected us to lift our efforts after that. But we all know what happened next. And it’s that reaction which worries me the most.

What we’ve had from Röhl’s team with the odd game aside has been one full of shape, passion, commitment. We had zero of that with the exception of maybe Pol V. The heads just dropped, as well as being lost with some of the decision making. 

At the end, while the fans who stayed to the end were always going to let the players know what they thought, I was VERY surprised to not see Röhl come over and acknowledge the fans. Hes been the ringleader most of the time, so when I saw him walk to the dugout and sit down, cutting a forlorn solo figure it was difficult to watch. He looked so crestfallen and lost. 

There was a LOT of talk about Marv and DR having a fallout around the stand, Something about Marv asking to leave, DR expecting it to happen, and that’s why we got Pedersen and then DR being surprised when he rocked up to training on Friday. 

We just weren’t right yesterday, for whatever reason, and it FEELS like that could be the start of the championship door closing on us. It was huge yesterday, and we just didn’t turn up. 

Good summary Tee. 

I think Rohl is struggling to find the right balance in the team between attack and defence. As pointed out and I concur, you do not necessarily need attacking players to be more threatening in attack.

Football is a team game and these last few games it seems we have become more disjointed in trying to be more attack minded. We do occasionally, but its very occasional, put together decent moves, then let down by poor decision making or poor technique. But it then drifts for 10 -15 minutes. 

The one observation and I believe the stats back it up is between 55 and 75 minutes is particularly poor. Which sort of works to the capitulation yesterday.

The first goal was disappointing to concede but its the reaction it provoked. To concede the 2nd so soon and in that manner was the killer. 

• Like 1

Rohl is a young coach and still learning his trade. He’s a damn site better than what we had before but that doesn’t mean he’s immune to making mistakes.

We seem to have slipped back to a common failing of the last two decades in lacking physicality in midfield. We all thought Momo was the answer but maybe not. As others have said Vaulks has to come back in.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Chelters said:

Rohl is a young coach and still learning his trade. He’s a damn site better than what we had before but that doesn’t mean he’s immune to making mistakes.

We seem to have slipped back to a common failing of the last two decades in lacking physicality in midfield. We all thought Momo was the answer but maybe not. As others have said Vaulks has to come back in.

Criticism of coaches will happen, lose a few on the trot, lose key games, crikey we saw Moore last year because he wasn't getting the best out of the resource available.

Rohl definitely is an upgrade in coaching ability but every reasonable Wednesday fan understands he is doing this with limited quality available. 

His thinking has become skewed by knowing he has to win games to survive. By that I mean an average Championship side can have over a 3 game spell achieve W D L get 4 points and be on 60 points come May.

That was tough for us to attain anyway but actually given the position he inherited that average return would probably see us still relegated.

He needs to overachieve the average with a below average squad of players. The Championship doesn't generally permit that.

• Like 1

Interesting comment from DR about us not being ‘fresh enough’. Did we need to rearrange the Watford game for last week? No other Championship games were played on Wednesday. Easy to say in hindsight but maybe, knowing how big a game yesterday was going to be, it wasn’t the ideal preparation. 

• Like 1

Yesterday was more similar to what we would face in L1. It was an ugly game, we had the ball and looked better at times but in their box we didn’t really know what to do and in ours I always felt we were a bit open or taking a risk.

Perhaps them being more direct and some of our strikers being a bit heavier it wasn’t really a game where pressing would work as effectively. We essentially lost a physical and mental battle quite pathetically and that’s what league one is about if you want to get out of it. Moores style was poor but he fully understood that need to grind things out. Ipswich were the counter to that and looked really good attacking wise but they did have some money to invest in younger players. We would need that if Röhl is willing to stick around otherwise it’s back to square one.

33 minutes ago, Chelters said:

Interesting comment from DR about us not being ‘fresh enough’. Did we need to rearrange the Watford game for last week? No other Championship games were played on Wednesday. Easy to say in hindsight but maybe, knowing how big a game yesterday was going to be, it wasn’t the ideal preparation. 

I am never sure on the rule as to when such games have to be re-organised, but I know we have pushed back later on dates before. I was surprised as it did coincide with the transfer window week.

Be interesting the starting 11 for the FA Cup replay on the back of his comment and that we play Friday night as well

Watched the goals back this morning and something has wound me up all day. Before the third, Udders won a free kick, Palmer picks the ball up and throws it back, allowing them to take it quickly...why the fuck would a "senior" pro so that? 

46 minutes ago, Otto_Man said:

Watched the goals back this morning and something has wound me up all day. Before the third, Udders won a free kick, Palmer picks the ball up and throws it back, allowing them to take it quickly...why the fuck would a "senior" pro so that? 

Didn’t see it but the only thing I can think is that at 2-0 down they wouldn’t have exactly rushed to get the game going again, and we needed to get back into it (and at 2-0 it wasn’t an impossibility), so maybe he did it to avoid them time wasting.

3 minutes ago, Bellsview said:

Didn’t see it but the only thing I can think is that at 2-0 down they wouldn’t have exactly rushed to get the game going again, and we needed to get back into it (and at 2-0 it wasn’t an impossibility), so maybe he did it to avoid them time wasting.

Yes, the obvious answer, but it wound me up too when I saw it on t.v. last night.  

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Otto_Man said:

Rhetorical question?