Are we going to Fac-up in the 4th round v Cov?

Just now, HappyOwl said:

It’s the hope that kills you and the sloppy mistakes that will send us down.

Rohl on the end of the transfer window so we can dream or not 🙌🙌

Anyone saying Charles is too small to save that should just go to bum hole stain 

UTO 

Mrs MK who frankly usually ignores the TV and me moaning, actually commented on his stature. 

I will plug S2 into her sat nav first thing 

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Chelters said:

No one should be criticised because of their skin colour.

No one should be immune from criticism because of their skin colour.

That’s it really. 

That is so simply true 👌

• Like 1

Well. 
We're still in the hat and we deserve to be. A game where we were decent for 25, crap to average for 40 and decent for the other…. 25 mins.

Pierce Charles, good keeper. Very good with the ball at his feet too. Confident lad. That save at the end. Brilliant.

Di’shon Bernard. Quality.  Akin was decent at centre back too. Marv, very good. Pol V. Tried hard and got booted skyward by their sub, but not his best game.

Gassama. MOTM but we didn’t give him the ball enough in the second half. Bannan. GET OFF CORNERS. But that pass where we could have won it, THAT is what he can do. Like threading a needle. Mo Diaby, at times, Yaya Toure, at others, Clarkson on the Grand Tour. Musaba started well, But it seemed like he didn’t appreciate everyone fawning over Djeidi, and overran everything!

Ugbo, that shot. Average otherwise. Not Baileys best game but he was feeding off scraps.

As DR said. We’ve gone from 0-2, to 1-2. To 1-1 v Cov. So, here’s to a 1-0 Win for us in the replay.

8 hours ago, Supercockle said:

We didn’t have a player within 20ft of him. Awful time to concede. We give teams way too many opportunities to score. 

I was critical of Gassama at the time. One of several times he shot from miles out with two others much better placed, it was a 'backpass' to their keeper immediately before half time and gave them possession for the goal. 

Of course, "if you buy a ticket", as they say but it's much more acceptable late on when you're chasing the game. He's young still. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, BraddersTim said:

None of that remotely matters in the context of last week & tonight. 

Both sides were trying to make a positive statement. Our knuckleheads dicked it up & made us look like a racist fanbase.

That might be ok for some people - it's not for me.

They were utterly brainless in the circumstances. At least one national match report later led with a title about Palmer being booed. We already had that agenda merchant Infantino on our case after Saturday.  We have a league head who we believe detests us. We are in a precarious position yet our utterly thick turkeys were voting for Christmas last night!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, mkowl said:

Interesting one about playing both him and Gassama, plus 2 other strikers. 

It does possess a threat but also these last few games we appear to have lacked some of the fluency we had. It seems that it's relying on a bit of individual play.

At the same time not having possession means we can't feed them the ball enough in advanced positions and to me still too open defensively 

Especially playing (the excellent) Johnson at proper full back. 

8 hours ago, MAL said:

Palmer for Momo, game changer.

Momo had an absolute nightmare last night, worrying to see, falling over unchallenged in possession in really dangerous positions only moments apart.  I don't know what was happening to him but he needed taking off for his own protection. (And ours.)  

8 hours ago, BraddersTim said:

Yeah, that's what I thought too. He did have to clarify the waving at Palmer, maybe Palmer didn't believe him...I don't know.

After kick off, I agree, most were booing his behaviour imo. 

But did anyone actually see what caused the actual minor flare-up early on that caused the ref to stop the game?  We were given the drop ball but after the ref spoke to the two players, two more of Cov's came and started pushing and shoving Baz. 

The issue we have is that Palmer wants to be the pantomime villan. He provoked a reaction in the first game in general, we have one idiot that reacted beyond anything acceptable.

You boo him last night, and even Robins infers the narrative of its idiots defending racism

I am sure there were one or two who did boo his stance against racism, the vast majority "nah its because you're acting a ****" and you provoked Bannan (the leader for the fans) during the game.

Robins needs to focus on his player focusing on the game. Palmer is a very good player, do your talking on the pitch son would be my advice, you don't need to act the arsehole

• Like 1

Was it right that people booed the taking the knee. In the context of the happenings of the previous week then probably the just ignore it was the sensible course to have taken.

However I would support those that do see the gesture as supporting the BLM and boo accordingly. Equally I support those that want to stop football being hi-jacked for political means. 

Is it actually counter productive ? I am old enough to have heard, indeed as an impressionable teenager joined in racist chanting in the very early 80s. It was occasional because teams often had no black players.

I am not naive to say racism disappeared. But as Wednesday got black players, other teams did, they became great players and society as a whole changed for the better, I would argue football became one of the bastions for diversity beyond any other sport and in many walks of life.

Was it perfect no, but did it need campaigns thrust upon the fan base that had in the main self educated themselves over the years.

What changed was pressure groups seeking to use the popularity of football for their agenda. But by forcing it upon people, such as take the knee, means folk do question it, start looking at the motivations behind those messages. And either don't agree the deeper ideology.

In the main I think its simpler, football is about a few hours away from life and enjoying / enduring your team play. There is enough political shit in real life to be forced to see it in what should be an escape 

Palmer will continue to be a twat and Robins will continue to let him because refs will be wary after the two games against us.

Before the racist incident he got away with crowd incitement and a few 'tasty' challenges. Last night he was constantly at it off the ball, clipping players as he jogged past, backing in etc, and several within perfect line of sight of the linesmen. 

They're a nasty team in general because Robins has schooled them that way. One player starts it then several more jump in to allow the perpetrator to disappear and no one gets booked. But it antagonises the opposition and the crowd so Cov come off as the victims.  Their fouls to cards ratio is one of the lowest in the league but their fouls to cards against is one of the highest. 

Edited by Tylluan
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Tylluan said:

Palmer will continue to be a twat and Robins will continue to let him because refs will be wary after the two games against us.

Before the racist incident he got away with crowd incitement and a few 'tasty' challenges. Last night he was constantly at it off the ball, clipping players as he jogged past, backing in etc, and several within perfect line of sight of the linesmen. 

They're a nasty team in general because Robins has schooled them that way. One player starts it then several more jump in to allow the perpetrator to disappear and no one gets booked. But it antagonises the opposition and the crowd so Cov come off as the victims.  Their fouls to cards ratio is one of the lowest in the league but their fouls to cards against us one of the highest. 

Of course, that is their perogative. As is our perogative to call them out on what we can all see.

The difference last night was the ref actually controlled the game and defused the situation, the guy last week just stoked it.

4 hours ago, Tylluan said:

They're a nasty team in general because Robins has schooled them that way. One player starts it then several more jump in to allow the perpetrator to disappear and no one gets booked. But it antagonises the opposition and the crowd so Cov come off as the victims.  Their fouls to cards ratio is one of the lowest in the league but their fouls to cards against is one of the highest. 

Said it last weekend mate and last night, they’re such a snidey side. Kitching is a right dirty bastard and that DaSilva too, who was rightly booked.

Palmer (K) is a very good footballer, and always has been. When he was at Huddersfield on loan I thought so too. Hes got that snidey horrible side too, as you say Ty. He was at it again. That with Bannan was a perfect example, The ref stops play, has a word, seemingly sorts it. Palmer chimes in again and the group of players come back together again for a second round of handbags. 

It was an almost impossible situation to criticise him, Palmer, because it would instantly (and did) be construed as racism even when it wasn’t for the majority. While I didn’t hear anyone close to me booing the knee; there was one bloke that was definitely ‘against him’ and was calling him a cheat all game. 

Robins has called Wednesday fans who booed Palmer last night “idiots” and “absolute clowns”.  Look, there are plenty of perfectly serviceable insults in the English language that don’t refer to ethnicity, and I have no problem whichever cretin made those gestures last week getting banned.  But I have never agreed with entire teams taking the knee.  This is a good example of why.  It can further provoke and inflame situations.  Black player acts like a snidely twat and winds fans up.  They give him stick.  One or two make it racial.  So now we can’t even boo him if he does anything annoying or the same thing gets brought up.  Just ban people for racism and move on.

7 hours ago, Owling_Wolf said:

Mussaba more like. He's really struggled the last few games. I've really liked Ugbo. Maybe it's fitness related. 

Musaba is playing out of position.

He's looked best either in the right or as our most advanced forward.

Gassama has made that #10 role his own, much better link up and driving us  forward than Windass.

So do  we cash in on Josh while we can or play him out of position the left?

2 minutes ago, Owling_Wolf said:

I don't think we can do without such a natural goal scorer. With our luck, if we do, the other player will get crocked straight after!

We don't risk going down in such obvious ways. 

Smith?

I hate to say it but the sanctimony of Cov fans given their recent issue is making my piss boil.

Definitely getting the impression that some of them are using the vile behaviour of a couple of our fans to deflect from the vile behaviour of a couple of theirs. 

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Chelters said:

I hate to say it but the sanctimony of Cov fans given their recent issue is making my piss boil.

Definitely getting the impression that some of them are using the vile behaviour of a couple of our fans to deflect from the vile behaviour of a couple of theirs. 

Who do they think they are 

Scousers

• Haha 1

Talk about hypocrisy, read yesterday that the player who missed the penalty when Cov played Luton in the play off final, was subjected to so much racial abuse from his own fans, that the club had to put out a statement condemning them, they then had to release the player. 

• Sad 2

52 minutes ago, lyn_owl said:

Talk about hypocrisy, read yesterday that the player who missed the penalty when Cov played Luton in the play off final, was subjected to so much racial abuse from his own fans, that the club had to put out a statement condemning them, they then had to release the player. 

Of course it would have been a Wednesday fan doing this 🤷‍♂️

Screenshot_20240128_092912_Chrome.thumb.jpg.2e2473d43e9efc59f4b429834680f91d.jpg