Are we going to Fac-up in the 4th round v Cov?

1 minute ago, mkowl said:

Maybe some folk are just fed up of political messaging at football ?

Chose the wrong game to make that point. 

Plus you'd have to be stupid not to realise the point both teams were making & it had chuff all to do with "Marxists" 

Edited by BraddersTim

Just now, Andyben said:

Why is it 

Really?

Player gets racially abused last week.

It gets international condemnation.

Both clubs condemn it too.

Both teams show support at kick off, one takes the knee, the other links arms.

Fans boo. Same team as last week.

It looks absolutely terrible for the club & we're already getting stick for it.

Anyway, enough...I want to enjoy it before we concede the second goal.

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, BraddersTim said:

Plus you'd have to be stupid not to realise the point both teams were making & it had chuff all to do with "Marxists" 

You would have thought that after what happened on Saturday, this gesture was because of that word racism and a player being subjected to racist abuse, not to do with any other "woke" nonsense.

Sadly our National Front members thought otherwise.

• Like 5

I guess the home crowd are booing the opposition taking the knee like it has done every time since we stopped.

Either there is or isn't a place for politics in football.

Should I be offended that we and football as a whole is not commemorating Holocaust Day this weekend?

Edited by Andyben
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Kiwi Owl said:

You would have thought that after what happened on Saturday, this gesture was because of that word racism and a player being subjected to racist abuse, not to do with any other "woke" nonsense.

Sadly our National Front members thought otherwise.

Dangerous ground Jacinda.

Don't push it 

16 minutes ago, BraddersTim said:

Really?

Player gets racially abused last week.

It gets international condemnation.

Both clubs condemn it too.

Both teams show support at kick off, one takes the knee, the other links arms.

Fans boo. Same team as last week.

It looks absolutely terrible for the club & we're already getting stick for it.

Anyway, enough...I want to enjoy it before we concede the second goal.

Do you think Coventry taking the knee is inappropriate given the BLM leaderships support of the October 7th terrorist attack on Israel, bearing in mind it's Holocaust Remembrance Day tomorrow?

Or don't we count?

1 minute ago, Andyben said:

Do you think Coventry taking the knee is inappropriate given the BLM leaderships support of the October 7th terrorist attack on Israel, bearing in mind it's Holocaust Remembrance Day tomorrow?

Or don't we count?

None of that remotely matters in the context of last week & tonight. 

Both sides were trying to make a positive statement. Our knuckleheads dicked it up & made us look like a racist fanbase.

That might be ok for some people - it's not for me.

• Like 1

Strange game - thought we were going out with a whimper there. My stream froze just as the ball was crossing the line. Had to wait 10 seconds before it being confirmed.

Could have won and lost that at the end 

Anyway another game v Coventry is just what we need with the furore surrounding it off the pitch.

Be interesting what the beef was between Bannan and K Palmer 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Theman said:

Gassama is a star in the making 

Interesting one about playing both him and Gassama, plus 2 other strikers. 

It does possess a threat but also these last few games we appear to have lacked some of the fluency we had. It seems that it's relying on a bit of individual play.

At the same time not having possession means we can't feed them the ball enough in advanced positions and to me still too open defensively 

2 minutes ago, mkowl said:

Strange game - thought we were going out with a whimper there. My stream froze just as the ball was crossing the line. Had to wait 10 seconds before it being confirmed.

Could have won and lost that at the end 

Anyway another game v Coventry is just what we need with the furore surrounding it off the pitch.

Be interesting what the beef was between Bannan and K Palmer 

I read that Palmer refused to shake Bannan's hand at the start, don't know how true that is. Obviously a hangover from last week if it is & they must have continued it.

1 hour ago, BraddersTim said:

I frankly don't care, I would neither applaud or boo the gesture. What I am sick of is football being used for political messaging. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BraddersTim said:

I read that Palmer refused to shake Bannan's hand at the start, don't know how true that is. Obviously a hangover from last week if it is & they must have continued it.

I read that, which seemed strange as Bannan was pretty strong on his X feed after the end of the game and totally in support of him.

The booing of Palmer was him simply being a twat not the colour of his skin

2 minutes ago, mkowl said:

I read that, which seemed strange as Bannan was pretty strong on his X feed after the end of the game and totally in support of him.

Yeah, that's what I thought too. He did have to clarify the waving at Palmer, maybe Palmer didn't believe him...I don't know.

After kick off, I agree, most were booing his behaviour imo. 

3 minutes ago, mkowl said:

Just my opinion based on your post, i haven't seen any of what you say, but...

I think that Bannan will have stuck up for him because of the racist stuff, but...

I think Bannan would not have Palmer on his friends list, because he is not a very nice human being at all, in fact he is a Cant of huge proportions.

Great that we came from behind, didn’t give up and got the goal. Whilst we might not need the replay I’d rather us leave the game with a positive feeling for the players. It stands us in better stead for the next game. We can worry about the replay when it comes but at least we go into the next league game with a positive mindset.  

Delighted with the goal for Gassama. He deserved it.  He’s getting more consistency into his game. 

As for the booing taking the knee. It gets booed all the time. Most people who boo it aren’t racist. They are protesting against the hypocrisy of the movement or having politics in football when it suits. Some will be racist, of course. 

There were 29000 people there last week. 2 people were seen to be racist. 2 too many but it was 2. Tonight we were all branded racist. Not because we booed the knee, but by the Coventry fans. The same Coventry fans who had the banner of a helicopter bursting into flames to welcome the Leicester supporters a week or two ago. Do I think they are all vile people who laugh at the death of the Leicester owner? Of course I don’t. That would be ridiculous. They are in the main decent people who we’ve always had a decent relationship with as fans. 

Do I think both actions are equally deplorable, of course I do. 

That people booed the taking of the knee might somehow play into the narrative that we are all racist to me is interesting. Should people really stop being who they are and stop standing for what they believe in, just to prove that we all aren’t racists? Fuck that. if they weren’t racist last week when they booed the knee, then they weren’t today. They didn’t have to prove they weren’t racist by remaining silent whilst the players were taking the knee. Not in my opinion. 

• Like 1

It’s the hope that kills you and the sloppy mistakes that will send us down.

Rohl on the end of the transfer window so we can dream or not 🙌🙌

Anyone saying Charles is too small to save that should just go to bum hole stain 

UTO