to the Meadows, lets shit on Blackburn

Reesh

Really enjoyed that. 
Sure there things we can do better but overall the spirit and application was very good. For once we got we deserved (in a positive sense).

Good to see Bailey get a goal, but whilst he was good I don’t think he was MoM.

Real shame to see big Dom have to leave the pitch so early. For me he has been one of the better players all season. Hopefully he was came off before any major damage was done. Palmer was poor today and was guilty of ball watching for their goal. Someone on RS said they thought Dawson should have saved their headed goal, that seems very harsh to me. I thought their lad took the header very well, right in the bottom corner. Although as I said Palmer should have been defending that.

Full marks to Josh for finishing the game with our third goal, that take some doing and he did it with aplomb.

Finally, others have said it, but I thought Rovers were one of the better teams I’ve seen this season which seems a bizarre statement given what we’ve endured this season. They made some fast and smart passing patterns.

3 minutes ago, Tank_Owl2,0 said:

Really enjoyed that. 
Sure there things we can do better but overall the spirit and application was very good. For once we got we deserved (in a positive sense).

Good to see Bailey get a goal, but whilst he was good I don’t think he was MoM.

Real shame to see big Dom have to leave the pitch so early. For me he has been one of the better players all season. Hopefully he was came off before any major damage was done. Palmer was poor today and was guilty of ball watching for their goal. Someone on RS said they thought Dawson should have saved their headed goal, that seems very harsh to me. I thought their lad took the header very well, right in the bottom corner. Although as I said Palmer should have been defending that.

Full marks to Josh for finishing the game with our third goal, that take some doing and he did it with aplomb.

Finally, others have said it, but I thought Rovers were one of the better teams I’ve seen this season which seems a bizarre statement given what we’ve endured this season. They made some fast and smart passing patterns.

Dawson could do nothing about the goal, all on Palmer switching off again

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, Snap said:

Nearly forgot what this feeling is like. Beat a good side as well today. Bit of clock watching, arse pinching and nail biting I can well do without. Even when Windass puts us 3-1 up and we're in time added on I'm still crapping it. 

4 Points off Leicester and Blackburn? That's not too shabby at all.

God job I've read that before I've been drinking. 

If I'd have read it later, I'd have probably just gone for the arse watching, then arse pinching, then arse biting. 

I'd have been locked up 😀

• Haha 1

I don’t think there was any below average performances today, with the possible exception being George Byers, who I thought was poor first half and a mile off the pace.

We started quick again and this time scored early. We had two good chances, and then Blackburn had the spell before half time and and after half time. The goal they scored was coming, but it was really poor from Liam Palmer. But, again, our changes had a positive impact. Johnson was good when he came on and I thought Musaba was a pest.

Danny Rohl made a really clever change with Johnson. First half, Blackburn kept flipping it behind Famewo and dragging Diaby out. He nudged Famewo inside and put Johnson outside of him and stopped the pass. Simple change that forced Blackburn centrally.

Some proper shit-housery from Pato for the second, and a great run and finish from Windass for the third.

Vaulks gets MOM, but I thought Bernard was good, Bannan was good and Windass and Cadmarteri were good.

Two more winnable games coming up…

• Like 1

Absolutely loved that today at full time. A result that just epitomises everything that Röhl has managed to change since he came in.

We worked hard throughout, and even when the away side got on top, around when they scored, and we’d gave a few slack passes away, we stuck at it. 
As KM said, the subs made a positive change, and we got our just desserts. 

I actually rated Blackburn higher than Leicester based on both games this week. But also in both games, Vaulks has shone IMO, today however he was a country mile ahead of all the rest even though there was some good performances out there.

Four points from two games against two of the best sides in the division at the moment, was something no one really would have expected just a month or so back, nevermind pre Röhl. 
Who knows, we might even pick up our first away win next weekend and go three unbeaten. 😀

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Reesh said:

Coolness personified that finish.

Ps @Otto_Man have that ya doubting cuntdribble

Love this 🙏.

Thought Bambi did much better today and Patterson is very much an unsung hero.

Massively torn on the skipper, looked a good yard off it for most of the game, but still has the odd great ball in him (like the one to Windass to set up the first). Not sure that's enough to continuously justify his selection though...

It’s an almost alien feeling this, happiness on a Saturday night. 

I thought we were sensational today. As much as we know we lack the quality, now we have passion, commitment, courage and confidence. We have a system and we have belief. We have seen a significant improvement in our fitness. Having these things means not having the quality matters a lot less. We can do ok, despite the players we have. 

Vaulks and Windass were arguably our best two. Palmer was poor and Bannan and Byers both poor in the first half but overall we did the right things consistently. It was great to see. We threw bodies on the line when needed, we have a way of playing that creates chances. Today we took those chances and that makes all the difference. 

Lots to be happy about. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Otto_Man said:

Love this 🙏.

Thought Bambi did much better today and Patterson is very much an unsung hero.

Massively torn on the skipper, looked a good yard off it for most of the game, but still has the odd great ball in him (like the one to Windass to set up the first). Not sure that's enough to continuously justify his selection though...

I thought Bannan did the simple and dirty stuff really well today. Him and Vaulks’ reading of the game was very good. In the last 20 minutes, both went up a gear and Bannan consistently found the sensible pass to get us out and up the pitch.

I thought Bannan was poor the other night, but today, good.

• Like 1

There were two occasions in the first half where a very short throw was made to him for him to tap it back to the thrower and on both occasions he found touch with a 2 yard pass... puts us on the back foot when we don't need to be.

In fairness he was alright in possession, it's out of possession where he's getting found out. He has neither the stature nor the engine for the pressing game DR wants to play and it's becoming increasingly more obvious in every game. 

Agree about Vaulks though, was probably my MOTM today

Some great posts here. Let me just say this. Rohl has turned around a messed up dressing room who were on their arse more so than a one off freak result against Peterboro.

He’s not just brought the squad back together, he’s brought positivity back and a tactic that says “fuck who they are, go get em.”

I love it and when he gets their fitness where it needs to be and adds his own players then fucking strap up.

i just hope we can keep him for some time.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Tank_Owl2,0 said:

Going to be interesting if we can keep the performances coming, or its going to be after the high of Wednesdays late equaliser we cant perform again.

Not losing today would still be progress, but IF the slender hope of survival is going to be grasped its wins that will change the feel of the place.

🎯

DR post match interview is just quite simply class. Yes, you can see the delight in his face but doesn't get carried away and then focused on his beliefs about style of play/team ethic etc and that the team are on board. Great comments about Bailey and potentially other players from academy etc. 

DR is quite possibly going places as a manager/head coach. I just hope that initially we stay up and get at least another 2 full seasons with him at the helm.

The above doesn't take anything away from the other new incumbents of the backroom team and NT but as the ultimate leader DR is certainly making considerable progress for Wednesday.

UTO 

6 hours ago, Snap said:

Well FFS, I don't half get uptight, I mean is there a lower threshold in respect of fouls we concede than the other way round. I mean that one he gave against Vaulks on Szmedolics or whatever his name is, will these people be satisfied when contact has been eradicated altogether? Give fouls for FA and book players for FA these days. Still, we got to be happy haven't we.

What made that even worse is that Smodics (?) had just absolutely kicked Vaulks with the ball nowhere near: just turned and booted him on the shin!  Naturally the officials saw nothing when I could see it from high in the North Stand - it was about ten yards from the South and in the other half, that's now obvious it was. But they instantly booked our lad for his transgression.  Grr!   

• Like 1

7 hours ago, OptimisticOwl said:

Whilst we're on stats, the last 18 year-old to score for Wednesday was...

Ross Barkley, 22nd Sept. 2012 in a 2-1 home defeat to Bolton.

Bailey Cadamarteri is the 12th youngest ever to score for us (according to Transfermarkt)

Penalty.  Saw it, as well as a 1-3 loss to Huddersfield the Wednesday prior.  Pretty shite footy trip, that one.  

Cadamateri and Rohl are going to be very difficult to keep at this club and I’ll enjoy them whilst I can.

But, and it’s a huge but, if they can turn the fortunes around for our club I do actually believe both of them see the potential of our great club.

Such a swing in feeling since Xisco was bulleted. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Laceups said:

Cadamateri and Rohl are going to be very difficult to keep at this club and I’ll enjoy them whilst I can.

But, and it’s a huge but, if they can turn the fortunes around for our club I do actually believe both of them see the potential of our great club.

If we do fail to keep Cadamarteri at the club, then for once I hope we get a huge transfer fee for him......

Not that I want him to go anywhere, its about time we had an academy lad we can all cheer on - especially being a striker....

He’s going to be a player is Bailey.

He gets chances every game, and he’s working the keeper. He nearly bagged a second yesterday and if wasn’t for a very fortunate block off the heel of the defender, he’d have found the bottom corner.

What is interesting is that you can see what Rohl expects from a forward by him picking Bailey. The forward is leading the press, and is then expected to get space when we win the ball back. My best comparison would be Dortmund under Klopp with Lewandowski, when you win the ball that high up the pitch, you don’t need masses of pace and power, just movement.

You look at the likes of Gregory and Smith, and they can’t do it. Wilks possibly can, but he’s never fit. Pato can, but he doesn’t move like a striker when we get the ball back. Windass certainly can do it. I have no doubt that when Rohl does look to strengthen, he’ll bring more in like it.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Laceups said:

I’ll maintain that Xisco is the worst manager in our history. Absolutely did not prepare the squad he had in terms of fitness, shape, set-pieces etc. It was literally like putting a Sunday coach in charge of the club.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Laceups said:

If and when they go Kev they will leave the club better off both on the pitch and in the bank.

4 minutes ago, KrolMong said:

He’s going to be a player is Bailey.

He gets chances every game, and he’s working the keeper. He nearly bagged a second yesterday and if wasn’t for a very fortunate block off the heel of the defender, he’d have found the bottom corner.

What is interesting is that you can see what Rohl expects from a forward by him picking Bailey. The forward is leading the press, and is then expected to get space when we win the ball back. My best comparison would be Dortmund under Klopp with Lewandowski, when you win the ball that high up the pitch, you don’t need masses of pace and power, just movement.

You look at the likes of Gregory and Smith, and they can’t do it. Wilks possibly can, but he’s never fit. Pato can, but he doesn’t move like a striker when we get the ball back. Windass certainly can do it. I have no doubt that when Rohl does look to strengthen, he’ll bring more in like it.

Said he would be for a long while, I might do a Nev and trawl through my posting history to find it..... 😉

• Haha 2

Just now, Reesh said:

Said he would be for a long while, I might do a Nev and trawl through my posting history to find it..... 😉

You did, and I remember that. I just think that he has natural instincts as a forward, the biggest one being to get a shot off.

Physically he is clearly ready.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, KrolMong said:

You did, and I remember that. I just think that he has natural instincts as a forward, the biggest one being to get a shot off.

Physically he is clearly ready.

He's a big 18 year old and he isn't afraid to dish it out when needed,  the injury he refers to in his interview was perhaps a blessing as it allowed him to bulk up.

His dad posted on twitter his first goal for the club at the academy 

2 minutes ago, Canterburyowl said:

The most exciting thing about the Cadamarteri dynasty we are blessed with is the younger one looks like an absolute bagsman as well!

Aye and it's probably a good thing their dad isn't employed by the club anymore.