Can we out fox Leicester

Otto_Man

Over the course of 90 minutes we definitely deserved a draw, with a bit of quality in the first half we could have won that. Not sure we were going to retrieve it, but in the end a bit of route one did it.

Why sometimes I wonder we fanny around at the back when we were losing the midfield.

The issue now is whether we can go again Saturday 

Should have been 3-1 up by HT. Good value for a draw and chuffed the lads got it. Let’s hope we build on it now.

I think it’s a bridge too far to stay up this season but I think we bounce back as Champions next season when Danny and his staff get the chance to shape their own squad.

6 minutes ago, Andyben said:

Was watching the Lester stream, they thought we should be winning at HT and called palmer 'Lee Peltier' all the way through

I thought their coverage all round was very fair. Taggart as good a co-commentator as you’ll get on these in-house coverage feeds. 

Edited by LiamOwl

Think we deserved the draw given their attitude reminded me of our performance against Forest Green last season. They thought they could just turn up and win, which wasn't the case. That or Vardy begged them not to go gung ho on us to keep the score down?

This side under Rohl can compete now, compared to what was being witnessed under the previous manager. Although the fitness levels are alarming to say the least for the championship. You cannot blame Rohl for that mind

Hopefully this stalls a bit of confidence going forward for the remainder of the season. Vaulks was probably man of the match

What did we make of Cadamateri. I definitely thought his energy in the first half was pivotal in the high press. It was never going to be easy against experienced centre halves and he became isolated in the 2nd.

None of us expect him to be the missing world beater striker, but he is a good option. 

13 points from safety.

Big ask but tonight should be a confidence boost. Home game next up, then Stoke away. Oh for back to back wins, you just never know. A realistic target would be to reduce the gap to safety to 8/9 points by new year.

Edited by Lee
Stoke

8 minutes ago, mkowl said:

What did we make of Cadamateri. I definitely thought his energy in the first half was pivotal in the high press. It was never going to be easy against experienced centre halves and he became isolated in the 2nd.

None of us expect him to be the missing world beater striker, but he is a good option. 

Should be playing next to Smith/Gregory/Pati IMHO,

• Like 1

As a team performance overall, we definitely deserved a point tonight. Thought Iorfa, Bernard and Famewo battled well against a difficult forward line. 
I came away thinking we’d matched the top-of-the-league in a lot of key areas. Strangely though, I thought we also carried some real 5/10 performances from BB, Byers and Patterson, (although lovely cushioned header for the assist). Marvin didn’t even make 5/10. (Remember when he was the saviour?).

Effort and endeavour go a long way and they got their rewards.  Definitely lacking in quality even in keeping the balm and moving up the pitch.  Frustrating as shows how God damn awful recruitment was in filling the squad.  

Something to build on and a December that gives us a chance of looking to reduce any gap.  

Praise tonight for Iorfa and Bernard who were both excellent.  

• Like 1

We got what we definitely deserved last night, some of the stuff off the ball was very good, ultimately the quality on it was the biggest gulf between the sides at times. 
Pato was a real pain in their arse all the game and his header to setup the equaliser was bloody lovely. 

The fans stayed positive throughout, and there was a real belief we could get something in that last 10 mins.

The only damp squib for me was the shit Dawson got, from around the 10th minute, people being sarcastic, berating him, when in reality all He’d done was hold the ball a bit longer than I think they liked. I think it was a tactic tbh, as he did it almost all game but it went unnoticed seemingly. 

anyway. That late goal was lovely, it’s great when that happens, and it feels like an absolute age since it has.. 

Hopefully that’s the platform to kick on.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, mkowl said:

And Tee - your clearly unlucky hat has to continue to stay at home for the rest of the season now 

As I was dressed as Nanuq of the North last night - why not when it's bloody freezing? - it was made plain afterwards that I've got to wear some 'different' items for the rest of the season.  😋

I had futsal last night, so missed the first 25 mins. But, I was pleased with what I saw. Annoyingly, we are desperately short of anything like even a lower end Championship goalscorer, and that continues to haunt us. But… the way Rohl has us set-up, it gets us starting quick and on the front foot.

We should easily have been ahead at half time.

Second half, at least possession wise, Leicester dominated. I thought that Bannan and in particular, Byers were very very poor last night, especially second half. Leicester loaded up that right side and Byers was several yards off the pace. They both got hooked although I thought Marvin Johnson could have easily been dragged too.

I actually thought the subs made us worse. Buckley and Hendricks were chasing shadows, Fletcher was being physically dominated, until we went ale house. All of a sudden, Buckley was getting the second balls, Johnson was getting in behind, Fletcher was hustle and bustle and Pato (who had been poor all night) was causing havoc. And that’s where the goal came from, as did the two chances prior.

That said, they easily missed the two best chances of the second half. But, what we did show was good shape and organisation, and whilst the press dropped, it then came again after the change of style.

Good result going into two games that we want to be winning.

3 hours ago, HoylandOwl said:

.......................I think it was a tactic tbh, as he did it almost all game but it went unnoticed seemingly. 

anyway..............

I agree re Dawson - surely he's  following instructions. As Röhl  said post match "It’s important that everybody is believing in us, supporting us and sometimes being a little bit patient. I know that sometimes it looks a little bit calm but we need this calmness to prepare the next action"  Perhaps a reference to some of the sages in the stands.

Anyway, a good night and our best full 90 minutes this season. Notwithstanding results and, to some extent, lack of the rub of the green we look so much better under Röhl. 

As an aside and perhaps contentious but, natural left back or not, Famewo  stands out as our most accomplished  defender. 

Edited by Teddy Nickelarse

Yes, Tee n Teddy, it clearly is a tactic, Dawson's prolonged keeping of the ball. It drives me as daft as anybody when we're losing but as I said to mates afterwards, why don't so many of our fans think before they open their mouths to abuse our player? How long do they think, (if they do think), he'd stay in the team if he was doing that off of his own bat?  And he's getting picked for every game currently.  

So we have the same gobshite numpties every game bellowing shit at Dawson, then they go on to sing Danny's name, when he's very likely to be the source of what they're complaining about!  

Complain all you want, anyone, if he drops one: that's different. I'm just talking about the Russian roulette at the back.  Meanwhile, don't forget that our defence mobbed Cam as soon as the final whistle went. He looked a bit taller when he walked around clapping the crowd afterwards.  

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Neville Facking Bartos said:

Agreed @Owling_Wolf, DR alluded to this in his post match interview but had to choose his words carefully.

He wants us to keep the ball in our own third and draw the opposition out so we can play between the lines. I missed the Bannan chance but was told this is what lead to it?

Anyway, I like Dawson, he’s far better than he gets credit for from the thick ***** within our fan base.

There’s no hiding from his mistakes this season (although they’re less than some would have you believe) and he looked very nervous first half yesterday but that’s going to happen when the crowd are at you and you’ve played with a defensive line that make error after error too. 

In the right environment he’s good enough at this level. The save at the death is world class

Agree with all of that. With some people there's no balance - they've  made their minds up and the rest is confirmation bias. I swear that if you asserted to some that he's doing as instructed you'd  get a "yeah fair enough but he should still give some welly".

• Sad 1

22 hours ago, Neville Facking Bartos said:

Agreed @Owling_Wolf, DR alluded to this in his post match interview but had to choose his words carefully.

He wants us to keep the ball in our own third and draw the opposition out so we can play between the lines. I missed the Bannan chance but was told this is what lead to it?

Anyway, I like Dawson, he’s far better than he gets credit for from the thick ***** within our fan base.

There’s no hiding from his mistakes this season (although they’re less than some would have you believe) and he looked very nervous first half yesterday but that’s going to happen when the crowd are at you and you’ve played with a defensive line that make error after error too. 

In the right environment he’s good enough at this level. The save at the death is world class

World class? That would mean he meant it rather than it just hit his standing leg. Great save yes, World class, no.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Reesh said:

World class? That would mean he meant it rather than it just hit his standing leg. Great save yes, World class, no.

I look at it like this.

If it had gone on from the position he made the save from, we would have called it a bad mistake.

I’d not use World Class or Great Save, but Important Stop.

• Like 3

On 01/12/2023 at 14:44, Snap said:

I for one am really thankful Dawson made the save but he only kicked it away. Then made a belated dive afterwards. Great saves aren't made by kicking the ball away from a standing position.

Thing is with Dawson for me is that he does the basic stuff OK'ish I suppose but I just can't think of good saves he ever makes, he's always found wanting.

No grudge against the lad, I really wish he was better than he is for his and the clubs sake.

I'll say 'great reaction save' then. That covers it. And certainly the important save that KM said. Imagine what we'd have felt if that had gone in.

2 hours ago, Snap said:

Might be best to leave it at that then, we'll agree to disagree. I was of the opinion he should have got nearer the Blackburn goal today, he really should have been diving to his left and not dropping to his knees like he did. The mission will be complete when we have him at Derby vying for the goalie shirt with Wildsmith.

Only kidding.

I'm definitely disagreeing that he should have been diving to his left!   😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 2