11 minutes ago, mkowlthesexynewversion said:

Some of it is fascinating - lets put in the caveat as per DC's statement

That he wanted £1.2m a season and be paid more than any player 

If we brought in a player on more then he would get an increase

A guaranteed 10% increase each season

A guaranteed 100% increase if we got promotion 

For someone he pondered sacking 3 times last season 

Exactly 

I have to admit I believe DC on this one. 

Had I been in DC’s shoes I wouldn’t have paid Moore that salary either, but I’d have given him an opportunity to be paid very well, as DC has alluded to, via big bonuses based on results and our league place outcome at the end of the season. 

Not sure that DC needed to issue a statement though, and certainly not one at that length, but he’s an honourable man and no doubt that, along with the culture he has been brought up under has played a part in why he’s felt the need to do this.

It might also be that the increased criticism he’s facing and pressure he’s under is starting to get to him as well.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I think DC takes any criticism aimed at him/the club very personally, via whatever medium it is delivered in.

And whilst I don’t disagree that he shouldn’t come out swinging if Moore is not telling the truth. There are far better ways of doing this, that are timed better.

We’ve gone near enough 2 years without hearing from him, when, dare I say it, things seemed in a fairly decent place, and the club was generating positive headlines.

Now, I’m not seeing positive headlines. We’ve got an owner in a battle with a previous manager, a poor start to the season, ticket prices being complained at by our fans and away fans and supporters groups left right and center trying to oust him.

All this is simply feeding negativity.

2 minutes ago, KrolMong said:

I think DC takes any criticism aimed at him/the club very personally, via whatever medium it is delivered in.

And whilst I don’t disagree that he shouldn’t come out swinging if Moore is not telling the truth. There are far better ways of doing this, that are timed better.

We’ve gone near enough 2 years without hearing from him, when, dare I say it, things seemed in a fairly decent place, and the club was generating positive headlines.

Now, I’m not seeing positive headlines. We’ve got an owner in a battle with a previous manager, a poor start to the season, ticket prices being complained at by our fans and away fans and supporters groups left right and center trying to oust him.

Good post

DC is very much a person who does not like untruths spoken. Whether he should have done it, very much open to your own view, but I can see why he has. Some might suggest it's a cultural honour type thing, actually and something I would be with him on is if your honesty or integrity is questioned. 

A minor occurrence, but once on Stalk a poster basically insinuated that funds collected for WTID had vanished. I actually threatened to sue that site if that was not rescinded. My point being sometimes you will not let things lie - to paraphrase Vic and Bob - and perhaps not the forums but perhaps an eye to the local journalists taking the Moore story as gospel

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Reesh said:

Should have said fuck all.

Definitely this.

As much as he might be unhappy with DM, he should be thinking about how does this spat portray him and the club.

Its obvious his so called advisors either aren’t effective or he simply doesn’t have anyone that he can talk to about this crap.

He should have issued this last week if he insisted saying owt. Or wait until we’ve shown him to be right about appointing XM!

2 minutes ago, mkowlthesexynewversion said:

DC is very much a person who does not like untruths spoken. Whether he should have done it, very much open to your own view, but I can see why he has. Some might suggest it's a cultural honour type thing, actually and something I would be with him on is if your honesty or integrity is questioned. 

A minor occurrence, but once on Stalk a poster basically insinuated that funds collected for WTID had vanished. I actually threatened to sue that site if that was not rescinded. My point being sometimes you will not let things lie - to paraphrase Vic and Bob - and perhaps not the forums but perhaps an eye to the local journalists taking the Moore story as gospel

I get it MK but in this situation people and the media don’t care about who is right/wrong, it’s becomes more of a focus on there is an owner bickering with the ex coach and the fans.

9 minutes ago, KrolMong said:

Agree with most of that, but must be difficult when every z list local celebrity only has to spout some shit about you and its seized upon by many to beat you with. Moving on theirs only one person to blame for our fucked up preparation to the season and that's Moore.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, KrolMong said:

I do find him fascinating. Over the years in my work I have happened upon some strong characters to say the least in the owner managed business sector. With some one day you think here comes a bollocking, but nice as pie. Then other times you think all is well and you end having the phone 10 foot away and your ears still bleed.

Wouldn't be dull working for him that's for sure 

2 minutes ago, Tank_Owl2,0 said:

I get it MK but in this situation people and the media don’t care about who is right/wrong, it’s becomes more of a focus on there is an owner bickering with the ex coach and the fans.

I deal with a few former CEOs as clients. There is something character wise that is different, I guess that what drove them to the top in the first place 

Even after retirement and in a couple of cases now, serious health issues that fire never leaves them. One recently sacked his health insurance provider, the net result he had to fork out 180k in medical fees. He can afford it but for him the principles involved was paramount.

Another chap, a very good friend of the above, with early stage dementia is totally digging his heels on an investment matter. He cannot accept his skills are diminished and why the hell should he be forced to hand over the control of funds to "a wet behind the ears 23 year old Oxbridge graduate".

You have to understand and work with their personal traits

I am not saying DC is right here, but trying to explain where he could be coming from personality wise

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mkowlthesexynewversion said:

Some of it is fascinating - lets put in the caveat as per DC's statement

That he wanted £1.2m a season and be paid more than any player 

If we brought in a player on more then he would get an increase

A guaranteed 10% increase each season

A guaranteed 100% increase if we got promotion 

For someone he pondered sacking 3 times last season 

1 hour ago, Andyben said:

I can't be arsed to check, but I hope you said exactly the same after the  DM interview on sky sports...

Those look like agents numbers to me. 

I remember in Moore's interview he said DC kept asking him for a number so 'they' wrote something down as a a starting point. 

Still at least we now know that when Moore left no player was on £22k a week. Wonder if that will get mentioned during the assassination on Football Heaven and Stalk. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mkowlthesexynewversion said:

Didn’t you buy a new car about that time?

just saying 😀

• Haha 2

35 minutes ago, HoylandOwl said:

I’d have understood the release of a statement like this in the week or two after DM left. 
But now?

There’s no point. No one, is really talking about what happened anymore. Or weren’t until this afternoon.

As Reesh said. Shouldn’t have said nowt 

He didn't

• Haha 2

It’s insightful if read from behind the sofa but wholly unnecessary and a sign he’s learnt nothing from recent press mishaps and past statements. 

Whilst he’s clearly keen for the truth or his version of it to be out there amongst the murky world of football and it’s PR BS, it’s just so misguided as whilst it doesn’t reflect DM in a good light, he’s tripped himself up with it all too. 

We are so desperate for a win the weekend now to hopefully move on from this. It’s the kind of thing that usually comes out years later but I don’t think he can wait that long 😅

• Like 1

4 hours ago, KrolMong said:

To quote the numbers and detail that he has, he must have that written down, because the litigation on him to make it up would screw him.

I can't imagine it was written on a napkin and slid across a table KM, I presume he was asked to put together a proposal and did or at the very least someone did on his behalf...

The daft thing is I don't believe DC is looking for an out route

But then sets up a scenario where the vitriol from the fan base would justify him taking that action

But then that is what they want so why would you give them that win

Again you could just say fuck this, I am pulling the funding but whilst the fans would have to endure relegation, the value of what you own plummets again

You could sell the Club and still have control of the stadium, but the Club could play temporarily elsewhere.

My overriding question is what is DC getting out of this. It seems a poisoned chalice, I can't see it gaining him status in Thailand currently, it is costing you an 8 figure sum per year, are you ever going to recover these losses. If you are fronting this then your silent investors are hardly going to be thrilled with how it's going. Is it simply he enjoys it 

Darren i always want 'Moore' 

Thai culture is all about integrity / honour, so no real surprise DC has put his version forward to try & set the record straight. 

For what it's worth i believe DC's version & as others have said virtually everything in statement said can be proved or disproved, any 'inaccuracies' will be picked up by lawyers for sure. 

It's Moore's staff who are mostly unemployed since leaving SWFC that i have sympathy with. 

Anyway sod all that now time to move on & get up that league 

UTO