Club statement

HoylandOwl

One other consideration. Lots of fans commenting it’s boring and move on… I agree. 

But lots of these fans are also the ones who are majorly anti Chansiri and this disclosure  doesn’t help their narrative.

I’d argued in Facebook and Stalk similar assumption to that in the statement  based off information from here by Tylluan of his time at Donny. Lots disagreed with that info esp the anti Chansiri mob. Turns out very close to the released statement if I do say myself. 

Let’s note Darren Moore sky interview occurred a few days before Cardiff away. It was at this game when the chants gained momentum. Lots of on the fence fed up fans got off the fence as result of the press coverage that week - that is fact! 

Am hoping some of them get back on the fence but am not stupid this will depend on results!

Regards timing it is linked to Saturday and allowing us to enjoy the result at Leeds.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Neville Facking Bartos said:

What does the truth do for us as a club? Nothing, all it does it drag this on and possibly at the detriment of the team 

Move on ffs 

I think we were doing but DM's last statement left DC looking publicly either a liar or just completely wrong. He couldn't let that go unanswered!  You've seen its result already with all the anti-DC posting on social media, including on any release by the club, whatever the subject. 

I too wish we could just move on but that last DM statement could not be allowed to stand, assuming as now stated it was not correct.  

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Owling_Wolf said:

I think we were doing but DM's last statement left DC looking publicly either a liar or just completely wrong. He couldn't let that go unanswered!  You've seen its result already with all the anti-DC posting on social media, including on any release by the club, whatever the subject. 

I too wish we could just move on but that last DM statement could not be allowed to stand, assuming as now stated it was not correct.  

I mean you are damned if you do (reply) because you are continuing the argument 

Damned if you don't because a good chunk of the fan base consider Saint Darren was the "truthsayer"

My experience tends to find the actual truth sits merrily toward the middle most occasions. 

So DC can;t win and there is certainly merit in saying nowt, but I don't think his character allows him to do that.  

46 minutes ago, mkowlthesexynewversion said:

I mean you are damned if you do (reply) because you are continuing the argument 

Damned if you don't because a good chunk of the fan base consider Saint Darren was the "truthsayer"

My experience tends to find the actual truth sits merrily toward the middle most occasions. 

So DC can;t win and there is certainly merit in saying nowt, but I don't think his character allows him to do that.  

Where's the merit in saying nowt if it leaves the 'burning pitchfork' mob saying it must be right 'cos he's not denying it?

• Like 5

It's the "Fourfacedfuckers" that get me.

Saint Darren this and Saint Darren that, chancer is clueless he's sacked him for no reason, DM's the nicest man we've ever had in charge (probably up there) he wouldn't do or say anything wrong, etc.

Then the best one...

Carlton was right to slag chancer off, WE should be told the truth.

Now his version of the story has been blown out of the water and we have been told the truth, it's...

That chancer shouldn't have said anything, he's making us a laughing stock talking about it in public, he's a liar and i wouldn't believe a word he says, then the distraction again...

But look at the prices, lets have another go at that because the last dig has fallen flat (I am not agreeing with it by the way, just making a point).

There are some "so called fans" (not on here, i don't think) that just want to whip up a frenzy, so that they look all important and manipulating.

• Like 9

12 minutes ago, MAL said:

It's the "Fourfacedfuckers" that get me.

Saint Darren this and Saint Darren that, chancer is clueless he's sacked him for no reason, DM's the nicest man we've ever had in charge (probably up there) he wouldn't do or say anything wrong, etc.

Then the best one...

Carlton was right to slag chancer off, WE should be told the truth.

Now his version of the story has been blown out of the water and we have been told the truth, it's...

That chancer shouldn't have said anything, he's making us a laughing stock talking about it in public, he's a liar and i wouldn't believe a word he says, then the distraction again...

But look at the prices, lets have another go at that because the last dig has fallen flat (I am not agreeing with it by the way, just making a point).

There are some "so called fans" (not on here, i don't think) that just want to whip up a frenzy, so that they look all important and manipulating.

Perfectly put pal

Ideally DC would have kept quiet but with the flak he is copping from too many hypocritical gobshites it's  understandable why he felt honour bound to respond.

As Mal outlined above, the double standards displayed and the frenzy being whipped up on other platforms is nauseating. The most ardent by the way are openly saying that they've not been down to Hillsborough for years and won't  be there on Saturday to join in the protest that they are urging. 

• Like 1

To many of our fans just seem to revel in shit flinging. 

Half of them that have converted to 'Saint Darren' since his departure wanted him sacked last year & gave Chansiri grief for not been strong enough to sacking him.

Best quote i saw was that DM should of been sacked after losing semi 4-0 & replaced with Waddle of Wilkinson (Howard) so it would unite the fans. 

We really do have some special fans....

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Retro Owl said:

To many of our fans just seem to revel in shit flinging. 

Half of them that have converted to 'Saint Darren' since his departure wanted him sacked last year & gave Chansiri grief for not been strong enough to sacking him.

Best quote i saw was that DM should of been sacked after losing semi 4-0 & replaced with Waddle of Wilkinson (Howard) so it would unite the fans. 

We really do have some special fans....

We really do have some special needs fans....     There you go mate.

5 hours ago, Owling_Wolf said:

Where's the merit in saying nowt if it leaves the 'burning pitchfork' mob saying it must be right 'cos he's not denying it?

Not disagreeing with that.

Tbh in my modest life I wouldn't stay quiet either if that was the perception of others. 

It's strange, people want to know, want transparency then when they get it they then say why was it uttered. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Neville Facking Bartos said:

This story isn’t important.

For me it’s about the mismanagement of the club and even when  taking this story out of the equation I still arrive at the conclusion that it’s a clusterfuck

#chansiriout

But it is important...

It wasn't, until CarltonKnowNowt stuck his oar in, made it all public and started this shitshow...

Then that made it important to DC, you know, the person that everybody keeps having a go at because he is a Thai and so stubborn or not willing to lose face, well you know the rest...

I do not know "ANYBODY" that would have left it alone, let alone a person that has been called stubborn.

Keep poking an animal and it will bite/sting back.

They cannot stop having a go at how bad his English is, then call out anybody else as racist FFS.

Everybody agrees he has made mistakes, lots of mistakes, lots of big mistakes...

But FFS, if these so called fans put as much passion into supporting the team as they do having a pop at every little thing, it might be worth reading from them.

Gone on a tangent at the end, but can't be arsed, had a drink don't give one.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Neville Facking Bartos said:

Some fair points, I just think in the whole he could have handled it better 

Right, yes he could, but...

I am going to say...

Neville Facking Bartos owns a company, this company that Neville Facking Bartos owns is being absolutely hammered by a former employee and the journalists (for want of a better word) for absolutely everything (Agreed that some of it is warranted).

A) Would Neville Facking Bartos keep quiet.

Or would...

B) Neville Facking Bartos, Sing like a canary to bring the ex employee and the journalists (loosely termed) to task and tell it like it is.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Neville Facking Bartos said:

NFB would put a very basic yet concise statement out stating that those claims are disputed, no further public comments would be made but he's happy to have private discussions with interested parties 

If you can honestly mean that, then you are a much calmer person than me, and obviously DC.

I would have gone all in, gung ho, immediately after reading that someone had wrote lies, i would have made sure everybody knew that they were telling lies.

I would also make it known that reporters/journalists (again loosely termed) were complicit in their quest to tell these total lies.

36 minutes ago, MAL said:

On a side note...

I cannot understand why Mr knownowtliar that is Carlton Palmer, gets away scot-free.

He should have been slaughtered on social media.

Nobody should believe a word he says any more.

I can't read owt he posts, he reminds me of Bartos!

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, MAL said:

On a side note...

I cannot understand why Mr knownowtliar that is Carlton Palmer, gets away scot-free.

He should have been slaughtered on social media.

Nobody should believe a word he says any more.

Doesn't work that way mate - folk on Twitter run to tell him how everything he's said has been fully vindicated.

No...I can't work it out either.

16 minutes ago, Owling_Wolf said:

Tell you what is more heartening: the 4 or 5 fan replies beneath that 'story', basically telling him to do one. 

Yeah

I didn't put anything about them on purpose, just for (i know i can't see) the reaction on peoples faces.

On 14/09/2023 at 23:00, 80s Owl said:

Think of all the bad fans groups you can and this one tops the lot, it makes 'stalk look sane.

Sorry some may have missed the point with this post, I meant The Wednesday Sing tops the lot as it was mentioned in the comments I quoted, I didn't mean "this one" as in Owlsonline eeek.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, 80s Owl said:

Sorry some may have missed the point with this post, I meant The Wednesday Sing tops the lot as it was mentioned in the comments I quoted, I didn't mean "this one" as in Owlsonline eeek.

I think everybody understood your post...

If they hadn't, you would have got some very interesting replies 😄

• Haha 2