Social media peeps gathering…..

Seems tonight there’s a lot of posts being shared with calls for the chairman to go.
I know he’s been meeting with disgruntled fans after his ‘come and see me and I’ll talk’ spiel.

Dunno what’s been said yet but I know one of the Wednesday till I die podcast lot has been down there to S6 today to speak to him.

Whatever has been said seems to have enraged the angry few tonight. 

I’m now in the ‘Chansiri Out’ camp.

1. He’s absolutely destroyed the feel good factor following Wembley.

2. His conduct during the press conference announcing the new manager was a joke and an embarrassment to SWFC.

3. I firmly believe (especially after reading about Bilic) that the new manager has been appointed on the cheap and will soon prove out of his depth (that doesn’t mean I won’t be backing him). As a result, he’s created a situation where we are just 22 days away from the start of the season and haven’t signed a new player (James is a new signing, but not a new addition to last season’s squad).

4. The match day ticket price and recent season ticket price announcements are not just ludicrous, but absolutely disgraceful, and have brought further poor publicity to the club.

I’m not as angry or pissed off with him as I was Dave Allen, and I’m far more realistic this time around in terms of it not being easy to get rid and who would buy him out/take the club on, but I’ve lost every bit of confidence and belief I had in him to take the club forward, and at this moment in time I’ll be amazed if we stay up this coming season.

If he’s now said/done something else on top of the above to enrage supporters, then I’m not surprised more and more are calling for him to go!

28 minutes ago, Andyben said:

Who's got the cash to 'get rid of him'

I think I covered that with “who would buy him out/take the club on”.

I don’t think cash is an issue when you look at clubs like Man City and more recently Newcastle. There are plenty of people/consortiums in this world happy to throw money at football clubs. The question is, would anyone want to do that with SWFC?

5 hours ago, Bellsview said:

I’m now in the ‘Chansiri Out’ camp.

1. He’s absolutely destroyed the feel good factor following Wembley.

2. His conduct during the press conference announcing the new manager was a joke and an embarrassment to SWFC.

3. I firmly believe (especially after reading about Bilic) that the new manager has been appointed on the cheap and will soon prove out of his depth (that doesn’t mean I won’t be backing him). As a result, he’s created a situation where we are just 22 days away from the start of the season and haven’t signed a new player (James is a new signing, but not a new addition to last season’s squad).

4. The match day ticket price and recent season ticket price announcements are not just ludicrous, but absolutely disgraceful, and have brought further poor publicity to the club.

I’m not as angry or pissed off with him as I was Dave Allen, and I’m far more realistic this time around in terms of it not being easy to get rid and who would buy him out/take the club on, but I’ve lost every bit of confidence and belief I had in him to take the club forward, and at this moment in time I’ll be amazed if we stay up this coming season.

If he’s now said/done something else on top of the above to enrage supporters, then I’m not surprised more and more are calling for him to go!

How knee jerk.

And if he's pissed off The WTID I commend him the grassing bastards

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Bellsview said:

I don’t think cash is an issue when you look at clubs like Man City and more recently Newcastle. There are plenty of people/consortiums in this world happy to throw money at football clubs. The question is, would anyone want to do that with SWFC?

Because of the 'fans' I guess not.

16 minutes ago, Bellsview said:

Did Bilic get interviewed? Did he ask for £40kpw?

Look at th first two matches under XM. Attacking football, using th wings, stuff most wanted DM to do and a manner of play which will get the best out if Smith and Gregory.

We've had a short preseason due to the 2022 WC and playoffs, but there's plenty of time yet.

Th se so called fans ripped DC apart after the  failed gamble last time left us on the  edge, now they want us to go out and spunk his millions again? 

Fuck em Bells.

Edited by Andyben

No idea what was said but it was probably some economics they either didn't understand or didn't want to hear. Looking at the Trust's site they were probably one of the groups seeking attention I mean an audience with DC. 

All EFL clubs have to produce their pricing structure before the end of July. No one knows which, if any, games will be categorised A or B. Chansiri probably doesn't know either but, if by some miracle we're in the mix towards the end of the season then 4 out of our last 6 home games could be against potential promotion rivals and the pricing structure allows him to at least think about capitalising on the Wembley wannabes who might start turning up again. 

Whether Munoz was appointed on the cheap or not he has a point to prove, not least to Watford, and needs to build up his credentials as a long term manager. The likes of Billic were never going to come unless they were given specific contract and transfer budgets that would probably have left the club in a worse financial state than we were in 2020. Billic himself Probably wouldn't have got out of bed for less than £25k a week. No one would have been happy if we'd gone for Jones or someone of a similar standing so Munoz is a 'safe' half way house pick. Yes his tenures have been short but you look at what he's achieved in those spells. 

All the prior talk of the club's transfer targets will remain in place might have been thrown out as part of his coming in or Munoz is taking his time to assess their data to see if they fit 4-3-3 or whatever. He's also got to assess the squad and if he can save money by promoting Cook, Glover, Brennan, or any of the other 'kids' into the first team squad then we've got that continuity most of us have craved from the academy. If we're chasing anyone under contract then we're probably having to wait until that club assess its own squad before releasing. This will be especially prevalent if we're looking to loan top end academy players, unless we want to spend £10m like Southampton just have. Our early doors signings over the last two seasons have mostly been out of contract players and if we'd had done the same again I'll guarantee you that the same supporters dragging the club down over its pricing structure would also be shouting "we're in the championship and all we're signing are players no one else wants. Chansiri out cos he's obviously got no money left"

I'm reserving judgement on our recruitment until the window closes. I'm reserving judgement on our pricing until the end of October when we play Rotherham. Our home games before aren't against 'named' teams and if the pricing stays around C and D, like the Southampton game then we're in line with other clubs. If he's charging Cat B or above for the likes of Preston, Boro, and Huddersfield then he's fucked up. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Tylluan said:

No idea what was said but it was probably some economics they either didn't understand or didn't want to hear. Looking at the Trust's site they were probably one of the groups seeking attention I mean an audience with DC. 

All EFL clubs have to produce their pricing structure before the end of July. No one knows which, if any, games will be categorised A or B. Chansiri probably doesn't know either but, if by some miracle we're in the mix towards the end of the season then 4 out of our last 6 home games could be against potential promotion rivals and the pricing structure allows him to at least think about capitalising on the Wembley wannabes who might start turning up again. 

Whether Munoz was appointed on the cheap or not he has a point to prove, not least to Watford, and needs to build up his credentials as a long term manager. The likes of Billic were never going to come unless they were given specific contract and transfer budgets that would probably have left the club in a worse financial state than we were in 2020. Billic himself Probably wouldn't have got out of bed for less than £25k a week. No one would have been happy if we'd gone for Jones or someone of a similar standing so Munoz is a 'safe' half way house pick. Yes his tenures have been short but you look at what he's achieved in those spells. 

All the prior talk of the club's transfer targets will remain in place might have been thrown out as part of his coming in or Munoz is taking his time to assess their data to see if they fit 4-3-3 or whatever. He's also got to assess the squad and if he can save money by promoting Cook, Glover, Brennan, or any of the other 'kids' into the first team squad then we've got that continuity most of us have craved from the academy. If we're chasing anyone under contract then we're probably having to wait until that club assess its own squad before releasing. This will be especially prevalent if we're looking to loan top end academy players, unless we want to spend £10m like Southampton just have. Our early doors signings over the last two seasons have mostly been out of contract players and if we'd had done the same again I'll guarantee you that the same supporters dragging the club down over its pricing structure would also be shouting "we're in the championship and all we're signing are players no one else wants. Chansiri out cos he's obviously got no money left"

I'm reserving judgement on our recruitment until the window closes. I'm reserving judgement on our pricing until the end of October when we play Rotherham. Our home games before aren't against 'named' teams and if the pricing stays around C and D, like the Southampton game then we're in line with other clubs. If he's charging Cat B or above for the likes of Preston, Boro, and Huddersfield then he's fucked up. 

That’s a fair and reasoned post.

The thing about Bilic as Ty says. He could have spoken to the club and said, £100k a week please…. (Yes that’s very likely over inflated) And we can’t afford that. 

There’s levels to the reporting of stuff, and how it’s taken. The headline writers get their pound of flesh, and it incenses the DC out/negative brigade, win win for the media outlet. 

22 minutes ago, Tylluan said:

Good post, with a balanced perspective of the reality we face. Unfortunately some supporters don’t understand reality and are quite prepared to spaff  other people’s money and potentially put the club in another difficult position.
Yes, there are things to be concerned about and yes DC has probably created a bit of a challenging situation for himself but some of the reactions from some quarters is also ridiculous 

52 minutes ago, Bellsview said:

Be carful what you wish for bells.

The thing is now for me along with all this is that the fanbase is now split, there’s a growing negative opinion.

Yes, I get why, and I also understand the other view too of those who are not necessarily backing DC per se, but can see why he’s making the decisions he has and the fact that he’s stumped up more cash than anyone ever has on SWFC.

Swfc ownership is a very emotive issue right now, it FEELS like it did ten or so years ago… And the goodwill from the playoffs / Wembley has gone. 

There’s no winners in all this, no matter if you’re in the DC out camp, or understand where he’s coming from. It’s seeming that the fans are at each other too, if you’re not in one camp then you must be in the other.

But the loser is SWFC as a brand/club right now. 

I can’t be bothered to get embroiled in the middle of all this stuff like I previously would have. Some may say, that means I don’t care. I do care. Of course I do, I love SWFC and always have. But not at the expense of my sanity!

45 minutes ago, Reesh said:

How knee jerk.

And if he's pissed off The WTID I commend him the grassing bastards

Knee jerk? I’ve backed him since he came to the club! Hardly knee jerk to now start asking serious questions and having reservations about him!

There is nothing long term about SWFC. We are a reactionary club, not a proactive one. We just coast and drift from one season to the next.

Where’s the long term vision for SWFC? What are our plans/targets for the next 3-5 seasons (we don’t even have a target for next season). The only consistent we’ve had in recent years has been Chansiri - and where has he taken us? When does he start holding himself to account?

We’re no better off now than when he took over - and as a club we’re in a position where financially only someone with very deep pockets could consider buying him out.

Posters on this site tend to be more balanced, reasoned and patient than most, which is what makes this site as good as it is. I’m not claiming what I’m posting is right, that everybody has to agree with me and that Chansiri ‘must’ go, but given recent events he’s lost my confidence in him and he now has to win that back (and that of a number of supporters it seems). I doubt he’s going to lose sleep or give a flying one because ‘Bellsview on Owlsonline’ no longer backs him, but one thing which is a definite is that he’s losing more supporters trust and support than he’s gaining - and if that continues supporters patience will eventually wear out with him.

If we struggle in the first couple of months of the season then this time I can see supporters turning on Chansiri, not the manager or players.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Bellsview said:

If we struggle in the first couple of months of the season then this time I can see supporters turning on Chansiri, not the manager or players.

I think we’re there now. There were Chansiri out chants at York for a short time, and I think it’s just going to gain traction. 

54 minutes ago, HoylandOwl said:

The thing about Bilic as Ty says. He could have spoken to the club and said, £100k a week please…. (Yes that’s very likely over inflated) And we can’t afford that. 

There’s levels to the reporting of stuff, and how it’s taken. The headline writers get their pound of flesh, and it incenses the DC out/negative brigade, win win for the media outlet. 

Bilic took a job in Saudi btw.....bet that was for shekels.

Just now, Reesh said:

Bilic took a job in Saudi btw.....bet that was for shekels.

I know mate. All I’m saying, and as you know, there’s always two sides to a story and we get the one which makes more headlines which right now are ones which make DC/the club seem shite

58 minutes ago, HoylandOwl said:

Here’s what’s been said….

Would love to know what their football model is. 

The Dave Richards way? Dave Allen's? Straffordomics and give the fans what they want worked out well. Even Milan was short term loaning, off his mates, to fund the club. 

As Winco says probably run nothing more than for the bus

• Like 1

Apparently one of the things he’s said that has pushed everyone further off the edge is that he wants to not have season tickets next season and just have match day pricing.

Match day prices would be dependent on league position is also one of the things I read.

Also after last night I am seriously considering deleting my Twitter account 😩😩😩

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HoylandOwl said:

Here’s what’s been said….

I used 2 think WTID was ok but for while I think they are egotistical ******

It's like a lot of things in life. If you can't afford it. Don't go. I can't afford it, most of the time, not happy, but hey that's life in an adult .

It's expensive of course but we gave a hard core of circa 23k regardless of what price/performance and would we get 28k say if he charged £25 ? I doubt it.

If remember rightly quite expensive v Villa years ago but still had big crowd

• Like 2

I saw a bit of the furor on Twitter late on last night and have listened back to the podcast for an hour on the way to work this morning.   I have only listened to one of the podcasts previously just after Moore left and do not know the individuals involved.

Seems one of the Podcasters emailed DC after the recent price announcements and he was invited along with 5 or 6 other individuals for an audience with him. 

The meeting was not recorded and the podcaster gave an overview of the meeting and then had people calling in to discuss.  One of then being Matt the Football Typer guy if anyone has seen him on Twitter and a couple of others from what I listened to.  

Southampton sponsors are also subsidising the tickets for any fans travelling to the game on 4th August which has caused some fans to take to their official Twitter apologising for our chairman all sorts of slagging off and organising a protest at the game in front of the cameras.

WTID Podcast - just the next set of attention seeking muppets that join the back of a long line of previous people that believe they know how to run a football club better than the Chairman but yet have no £ to ever do so. 

I do wish DC would just stop meeting with 'fans' & giving them a platform to believe there own hype .

• Like 1

Two of the managers we interviewed are now in Saudi so we could never match that or potentially swing the balance if it wasn’t just about money. Another surprise name was in and recently took a job in Italy.  Jones the only other one out of work now.

I think the most alarming point coming from the WTID write up was that whilst we lost 10m in L1 we are expecting 30m in this league. That can only be due to our playing budget we are working to which to be fair means we could be in for some very good players but if it goes wrong we are gambling aren’t we and potentially back on FFP issues. A lot of these things are off the cuff from DC though and could be taken incorrectly as he has said we need to work within it. We will see.

Whilst I think pricing is ridiculous it’s telling that Southampton is a middle of the road category so cat A will be rare. The club (Chansiri) just really needs to manage PR better as having these meetings seems good at face value but coupled with the last forum, various statements online and that rant at sky it’s just creating it’s own issues and stirring up ill feeling when if managed differently or communicated by someone professionally trained to do so it may calm the storm. Taking the fans on is never a good idea whether you’re correct or not.

If DC were to sell up then it is only a good move if whoever comes in has sufficient funds and better ideas. Only having one of the two is no good to us.

Generally we just need to get cracking on recruiting and the focus will return to the forthcoming season.

• Like 1

I don’t begrudge anything that Chansiri does. He’s been trying to get more money into the club for three or four years now and clearly learned from his early mistakes when it came it recruitment and the commercial side of the business. It’s made a difference, but the reality is that unless we are top of the league, we’ve got a whole host of fair weather fans, and in many cases it’s those that get hit by the price hike. What he has done is look after his loyal customers with things like early bird pricing.

I don’t necessarily accept the expectations of us challenging at the top end of the division. We haven’t got the squad or the budget to threaten this season. And he simply can’t throw money at it. He’s got to be more realistic about what we will and won’t achieve.

Where I have an issue is his communication. On the one hand, it’s great he engages. On the other, he’s very reactive to any form of criticism, and not thick skinned. Imagine the flack he’ll take if we are bottom at the start of December, with crowds below 22000. He’s got to stop entertaining the opinion of certain people, but more critically, he’s got to learn when to talk and when not to talk.

He has played a major role in eroding the positivity of the playoffs, not by his actions, but how he has acted and communicated. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

To me he has reached a huge crossroads in his time owning the Club.

What is the end game. If we got to the Premier League to sell immediately ? Is it for his son. Is it to have status back in Thailand.

I mean I deal with owner managed businesses, not going to pretend they are at the same scale but you get to know what motivates them. 

And can't fathom that with DC at all. 

What I simply don't get is how in the space of 5 weeks from the high of gaining promotion, how it can turn so quickly. 

There is no easy fix out there, sadly many in the deluded part of the fan base can't grasp that. Or have very short memories of the last few years and the even more inept running of the Club.

But for DC owning the Club seems a poisoned chalice, he is never going to understand our fans and them him. 

• Like 1

Too many of our fans act like they own the club and their opinion should be heard. Half of the fuckers probably don’t even contribute a penny to clubs annual income. 

DC deserves a medal for still being here, despite the constant attacks from people who know 3/8 of fuck all. 

• Like 6

1 hour ago, mkowlthesexynewversion said:

I mean I deal with owner managed businesses, not going to pretend they are at the same scale but you get to know what motivates them. 

Owner managers you come across know their business though. They've normally created it from scratch or joined the family business at an early age

Owning a football club is a vanity project. Nothing else. Why would anyone realistically want to buy Wednesday unless it was purely to get to the PL, trouser some of the gold thrown at you and then scarper 

We laugh and joke about Red Bull but for them it would be a great investment to be involved in any English club for the publicity it would generate. That's it. 

2 hours ago, Retro Owl said:

WTID Podcast - just the next set of attention seeking muppets that join the back of a long line of previous people that believe they know how to run a football club better than the Chairman but yet have no £ to ever do so. 

I do wish DC would just stop meeting with 'fans' & giving them a platform to believe there own hype .

Inclined 2 agree. At times while he's done some wrong things DC can be 2 accommodating at times

7 minutes ago, Mark said:

Inclined 2 agree. At times while he's done some wrong things DC can be 2 accommodating at times

Totally agree. 

These last few weeks would be so different with DC keeping quiet in the background and employing a decent press officer.  Information could still have been provided at a top level. 

While ever he continues to pour paraffin on the fire the rabid dogs will keep attacking him and the club. 

• Like 1

There’s one factor that most of our fanbase don’t understand.

If selling a football club was easy, they’d all be doing it. Case in point… our neighbours.

The Prince has been trying to shift them for 18 months, and he’s not got remotely close. This is a club that destroys us in terms of infrastructure and set-up, they are also a premier league club. And he can’t get a sniff. 

They, like us, attract chancers. So people who think they can make a quick pound but will ultimately step away if it goes wrong. The issue is that for every 10 chancers there will be one legit owner who wants to build a club to improve and make money knowing that the only way to do it is to get to the Prem, but accepting that throwing money at players does not always work. So those types of owners will get the underpinnings of the club right first. I always cite the likes of Swansea, Brighton, Brentford and Burnley for this. Long term plan.

Now, our owner initially suffered from the same short-termism that most owners have. Rather than build for the future, he threw money at the playing side to get us up, didn’t invest in the academy or scouting side. And then when FFP bit us, we had no back up plan. I did think the owner has made inroads into addressing that when we dropped down, especially commercially, but he hasn’t. Our infrastructure is no better, our academy has gone further backwards and the owner has openly admitted he hasn’t got the money to go ahead and address any of it and replicate some or those slow build models. Mainly because he won’t get an ROI for multiple years.

And herein lies the issue. If DC sells, he’s more than likely going to sell to someone with a similar plan - the evidence points at that as every owner we have had since Richard’s has had the same approach. And those slow build owners won’t look at Wednesday when there are clubs available who are in a far more healthy state including our neighbours.

And then there is this. If we did take a different approach. Fans would not accept it. There’s a very unhealthy expectation from a big part of the fanbase that expects us to be able to attract the top players, and threaten the Prem despite us being utter shit for nearly 25 years.

So, we have an owner with a short term outlook, we have other clubs around us who are in a far more attractive state, and we have a fanbase that has no patience.

• Like 6

27 minutes ago, KrolMong said:

There’s one factor that most of our fanbase don’t understand.

If selling a football club was easy, they’d all be doing it. Case in point… our neighbours.

The Prince has been trying to shift them for 18 months, and he’s not got remotely close. This is a club that destroys us in terms of infrastructure and set-up, they are also a premier league club. And he can’t get a sniff. 

They, like us, attract chancers. So people who think they can make a quick pound but will ultimately step away if it goes wrong. The issue is that for every 10 chancers there will be one legit owner who wants to build a club to improve and make money knowing that the only way to do it is to get to the Prem, but accepting that throwing money at players does not always work. So those types of owners will get the underpinnings of the club right first. I always cite the likes of Swansea, Brighton, Brentford and Burnley for this. Long term plan.

Now, our owner initially suffered from the same short-termism that most owners have. Rather than build for the future, he threw money at the playing side to get us up, didn’t invest in the academy or scouting side. And then when FFP bit us, we had no back up plan. I did think the owner has made inroads into addressing that when we dropped down, especially commercially, but he hasn’t. Our infrastructure is no better, our academy has gone further backwards and the owner has openly admitted he hasn’t got the money to go ahead and address any of it and replicate some or those slow build models. Mainly because he won’t get an ROI for multiple years.

And herein lies the issue. If DC sells, he’s more than likely going to sell to someone with a similar plan - the evidence points at that as every owner we have had since Richard’s has had the same approach. And those slow build owners won’t look at Wednesday when there are clubs available who are in a far more healthy state including our neighbours.

And then there is this. If we did take a different approach. Fans would not accept it. There’s a very unhealthy expectation from a big part of the fanbase that expects us to be able to attract the top players, and threaten the Prem despite us being utter shit for nearly 25 years.

So, we have an owner with a short term outlook, we have other clubs around us who are in a far more attractive state, and we have a fanbase that has no patience.

Excellent post

I don’t think any owner buys a club to make money as even in the PL clubs make losses.  It’s all about the buzz and status of it. Hardly any owners want to invest in the EFL as seen with derby as the EFL tell them they can’t use their money to force success so what’s the point? It ends up with people buying clubs who are deluded or relying on borrowings to make a quick impact in many cases. The talk of someone like the lad from the US buying us or a mystery consortium, what are their credentials though?

Theres a lot of rumours of us not having any real budget this summer but things that  don’t correlate is the predicted hike in losses and if we wanted a load of cheap players then I think a few more of them would already be here. Some decent signings could change the mood a fair bit and egg will need rinsing off a few faces on that point. It’s crucial we don’t mess FFP up though 

7 hours ago, HappyOwl said:

Apparently one of the things he’s said that has pushed everyone further off the edge is that he wants to not have season tickets next season and just have match day pricing.

Match day prices would be dependent on league position is also one of the things I read.

Also after last night I am seriously considering deleting my Twitter account 😩😩😩

And yet they've advertised the sale of three and five year season tickets!  

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Owling_Wolf said:

And yet they've advertised the sale of three and five year season tickets!  

Bonkers what people write and others choose to believe. 

I heard a rumour it will be £250 a ticket if we get in the top six and tickets will only permit you to watch 10 minutes of the game. I also heard the players hate working for DC because he’s a fucker for twisting anyone’s nipples and banging on the toilet door when they’re having a shit. 

• Haha 3

7 minutes ago, Supercockle said:

Bonkers what people write and others choose to believe. 

I heard a rumour it will be £250 a ticket if we get in the top six and tickets will only permit you to watch 10 minutes of the game. I also heard the players hate working for DC because he’s a fucker for twisting anyone’s nipples and banging on the toilet door when they’re having a shit. 

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Would it be possible for someone on here to sum up ffp in the context of all this?

My take on it is that we aren’t skint and Chansiri can’t put more money in then he already is due to the fact that we aren’t getting the income.

revenue comes from - ticket sales, catering, sponsorship, TV, merchandise 

outgoings - All staff wages, ground maintenance, food drink, cost of Merch, utilities (must be huge)

we can only lose so much or we get in trouble and all has to be balanced.

Can anyone explain?