Social media peeps gathering…..

1 hour ago, Tylluan said:

DC has always held an 'open door' policy for fans with ideas to move the club forward and, judging by the write ups, he reiterates this at every supporters clubs forum he holds. The Trust originally had a couple of half decent ideas but dropped them for the 'community club' approach and went rabid when the club refused to hold Darby and Joan bingo in the 1867 lounge. 

Maybe it is time for OO to gain an audience. I'm sure we're being monitored by the club, as they trawl through social media, but that would show this site is balanced. Members on here have the passion but also the professional capacity to talk to the club on a sane level with no agenda other than what's best for all. 

We're probably the only fans group currently worth talking to that would give an honest and fair view of our experiences and expectations. You only have to look at the posts on each thread to know that.

I'm sure an audience with MK, Hoyland, King Mong, yourself and even Reesh if he doesn't call DC a c@nt would gleen more than any of the other forums and meetings.

I did email Liam Dooley a couple of days ago just saying that hope they do not take the hate filled ramblings of Stalk and Twitter as a true barometer and suggested a visit here for a more balanced level headed view.  

Edited by Hirstys 12th Pint
  • Like 2

30 minutes ago, Hirstys 12th Pint said:

I'm sure an audience with MK, Hoyland, King Mong, yourself and even Reesh if he doesn't call DC a c@nt would gleen more than any of the other forums and meetings.

I did email Liam Dooley a couple of days ago just saying that hope they do not take the hate filled ramblings of Stalk and Twitter as a true barometer and suggested a visit here for a more balanced level headed view.  

I said to myself a bit back that I wouldn’t get deeply involved again. But if there’s a hunger for this, then I will. 

9 minutes ago, HoylandOwl said:

I said to myself a bit back that I wouldn’t get deeply involved again. But if there’s a hunger for this, then I will. 

I think people who don’t want to go to those meetings are better suited to it than the ones that do. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Tylluan said:

DC has always held an 'open door' policy for fans with ideas to move the club forward and, judging by the write ups, he reiterates this at every supporters clubs forum he holds. The Trust originally had a couple of half decent ideas but dropped them for the 'community club' approach and went rabid when the club refused to hold Darby and Joan bingo in the 1867 lounge. 

Maybe it is time for OO to gain an audience. I'm sure we're being monitored by the club, as they trawl through social media, but that would show this site is balanced. Members on here have the passion but also the professional capacity to talk to the club on a sane level with no agenda other than what's best for all. 

We're probably the only fans group currently worth talking to that would give an honest and fair view of our experiences and expectations. You only have to look at the posts on each thread to know that.

I look forward to the natty line of Swfc logo cardigans 

4 hours ago, Hirstys 12th Pint said:

In that case, on the off chance he does look on here..

Chansiri out 

6 minutes ago, Paul from Wisewood said:

In that case, on the off chance he does look on here..

Chansiri out 

I’m starting an event on Facebook it’s called let’s get 30k against Stockport cos it’s probably going to be £10 a ticket so where are all the Mithering Fannie’s that complain about ticket prices 😡😡😡😡

IMG_1037.jpeg

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Hirstys 12th Pint said:

If this could be done remotely, I’d be interested in speaking with him.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KrolMong said:

If this could be done remotely, I’d be interested in speaking with him.

Would he listen though KM? The amount of nob heads he grants audiences with he must think we’re all numpties.

obviously your not but can you imagine what DC is thinking now about our fanbase!

9 minutes ago, Winco said:

Would he listen though KM? The amount of nob heads he grants audiences with he must think we’re all numpties.

obviously your not but can you imagine what DC is thinking now about our fanbase!

I guess he's not a Reverand and the Makers fan, but then again who is?

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Winco said:

I agree with you. When I was really vocal about “Allen Out” I had Ashley Carson contact me directly and invite me to SWFC - and to be fair I found him a really decent bloke and we became friends. I also met with Lee Strafford when he was Chairman.

When I look back on all of that now I’m embarrassed and I also wonder why either of them gave me the time of day (never met with Dave Allen, he chose to (unsuccessfully) sue me instead). 

No supporters should ever become involved in the day to day running of the club, unless they put their money where their mouth is. When I met with Ashley Carson and Lee Strafford I was quite a prominent poster on this site (and Owlstalk) and I was very vocal about the club, and a very critical one at that - but I always tried to give a rationale and what I felt were valid reasons for my criticism and never did so just to curry favour or stir up trouble.

Looking back it’s now very evident to me that my posts must have been taken seriously by the club and they must have felt I had some sort of influence over supporters opinions of the club. I didn’t and I don’t think I ever did, I just posted on what I observed and what I felt at the time - but to get to the point of my post, when I did meet with Ashley Carson and Lee Strafford, both explained what was happening at the club, why it was happening and the rationale behind it. Both meetings were about trying to get me to understand things, not for me to have any influence on how the club was run, and even though I wasn’t on the same page as them with everything, what they felt was best for the club was what mattered, not the opinion of some no mark owlsonline/Owlstalk poster like me. 

I still think Dave Allen and Lee Strafford did nothing to take the club forward and that my doubts about them were, in the end, substantiated, but unlike me they tried and, I believe, wanted the best for SWFC - but they had too much of a focus on what supporters like me were thinking and saying at the time, which made them take their eye off what really mattered, which was the club.

I should have been told to feck off in no uncertain terms by both Ashley Carson and Lee Strafford, as at the end of the day I was nothing more than a customer, not a shareholder or director. That’s what Chansiri now needs to do. He’s getting bogged down with dealing with/trying to appease supporters, when what really matters is trying to get a squad of players together which can compete in the Championship this coming season.

• Like 2

I will always like the concept of the German football model, but it would only work if all Clubs signed up to the idea, which in the UK they never would.

My own time looking at this, scarily now 13 years ago appreciated that finding a position where the fans had a sense of "ownership" to the Club but permitted the executive to run it day to day was nigh on impossible to find.

In part this is because the business model of football is fucked. If Clubs had to break even and not permitted to be subsidised by an owner, then fan led ownership could work. However it never will so any owner putting in funds will want full control. Can't blame them for that.

15 minutes ago, Neville Facking Bartos said:

He was on the radio other shouting about how Adam Shaw wants to buy the club but DC won’t entertain it. No idea why he was questioned as to why Adam Shaw put out a statement recently stating that he fully supports DC and didn’t mention anything of a buy out. Bit of a cuntradiction 

Because he hasn't got th cash to buy that DC wants and Wednesday need. 

Amended final word for clarity 

Edited by Andyben

31 minutes ago, Neville Facking Bartos said:

He was on the radio other shouting about how Adam Shaw wants to buy the club but DC won’t entertain it. No idea why he was questioned as to why Adam Shaw put out a statement recently stating that he fully supports DC and didn’t mention anything of a buy out. Bit of a contradiction 

Ha ha ha I've tried to bite my tongue regarding Mr McClure but he is showing himself up again.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Andyben said:

Not I guess he's calling people right wing fascists again...

Pot kettle eh 

I'm not taking sides in the debate, it's one where you grab the popcorn and just watch as it is so funny, but lets just say that the Freds don't come out of it very well, not least because one of them is choosing to have this daft argument on Twatter...on his daughters wedding day.  

On 16/07/2023 at 21:24, Andyben said:

He, JM, is impossible to engage with in any reasonable way.

He's like Owlstalk in that sense, you disagree on anything, even if you're 100% correct and it's a block, pile on, or whatever

He's a bully as well, seen many a screenshot of him (and his brother) PM'ing threats to people. I know a Twitter user who offered to knock him the fuck out and McClure said he was calling the police and tried to get the blokes wife involved.

• Like 1