Social media peeps gathering…..

6 minutes ago, HappyOwl said:

Would it be possible for someone on here to sum up ffp in the context of all this?

My take on it is that we aren’t skint and Chansiri can’t put more money in then he already is due to the fact that we aren’t getting the income.

revenue comes from - ticket sales, catering, sponsorship, TV, merchandise 

outgoings - All staff wages, ground maintenance, food drink, cost of Merch, utilities (must be huge)

we can only lose so much or we get in trouble and all has to be balanced.

Can anyone explain?

The big one is you can’t “lose” more than £13million in a season .

• Thanks 1

Do the Chansiri out Mob actually know how much it will cost to own the club over the next 5 years, just to stand still?

£60m purchase + £10m per season to stay afloat and £5m-£10m per season on squad costs (purchases plus additional wages) so £160m to stay in Div 2. 

To spunk that amount of cash to do nothing and not feel it, you'd need to be worth over £2bn or you'd have to load the club up with external debt.

Which do you think is more likely if anyone does find the initial £60m...

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Andyben said:

Do the Chansiri out Mob actually know how much it will cost to own the club over the next 5 years, just to stand still?

£60m purchase + £10m per season to stay afloat and £5m-£10m per season on squad costs (purchases plus additional wages) so £160m to stay in Div 2. 

To spunk that amount of cash to do nothing and not feel it, you'd need to be worth over £2bn or you'd have to load the club up with external debt.

Which do you think is more likely if anyone does find the initial £60m...

As they say: How do you become a millionaire? Start as a billionaire and buy a football club.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

20 minutes ago, Winco said:

That’s why I’m asking all the cockwombles on Twitter have no idea it’s pissing me off well that plus the threats but even I can handle keyboard warriors 

1 minute ago, Greno said:

As they say: How do you become a millionaire? Start as a billionaire and buy a football club.

So another question why would you want to buy a football club as a business model it doesn’t make much sense unless you are a wealthy massive fan of that club

4 minutes ago, HappyOwl said:

So another question why would you want to buy a football club as a business model it doesn’t make much sense unless you are a wealthy massive fan of that club

The potential return if you get to the Premier League. But to get there you have to spunk the cash and there is always the danger of losing to Pikeys in a play off final.

Genuine question : do all clubs have such a large number of negative keyboard warriors on social media or is it just us?

I mean, Chansiri hasn’t covered himself in glory recently but the way some of our lot go on you’d think we’ve been relegated already. 

1 minute ago, Chelters said:

Genuine question : do all clubs have such a large number of negative keyboard warriors on social media or is it just us?

I mean, Chansiri hasn’t covered himself in glory recently but the way some of our lot go on you’d think we’ve been relegated already. 

Man Utd and the Glazers? Or is that not a thing now?

45 minutes ago, HappyOwl said:

Would it be possible for someone on here to sum up ffp in the context of all this?

My take on it is that we aren’t skint and Chansiri can’t put more money in then he already is due to the fact that we aren’t getting the income.

revenue comes from - ticket sales, catering, sponsorship, TV, merchandise 

outgoings - All staff wages, ground maintenance, food drink, cost of Merch, utilities (must be huge)

we can only lose so much or we get in trouble and all has to be balanced.

Can anyone explain?

Don't think ground maintenance and infrastructure is included in FFP.  Presume also utilities.  

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, HappyOwl said:

5 minutes that’s me done now with Radio Sheffield for the rest of the summer. Fuelling the bile by having that cock on promoting his own self worth 😡😡😡😡

Which cock?

There are so many to choose from,  as the actress said to the General Synod 

People giving DC stick are basically wokes who have not seen too much of the club.Mentioned it before several times but on the playing side we have been let down by those controlling the purse strings and massaging their egos. In the 50s we paid the world's record transfer fee (Sewell), in the 60s the higherst fee for a teenager (Tommy Craig . At the time and for many years after I tried to get balance sheets / financial statements from a raft of football clubs. None were ever forthcoming. Different all together now. Early 60s we finished second to the double winning Spurs. Manager Catterick wanted £60K to buy future England striker Joe Baker. The board agreed but Catterick was told differntly and he resigned. We would have been serious contenders for the title if we'd splashed the cash.  Our administrators never learn.                                                                                                        

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chelters said:

Every club has its fair share of whoppers, but the problem is all ours are out in force at the moment on both sides of the 'divide' because that's what it's increasingly becoming. 

Funnily, I saw a twitter feed this morning which appeared on my timeline from a shitty nondescript football site, which asked which side's fans were the worst? 

Surprisingly!!!!?? The first post was from a Rotherham fan and he named us, then there were some blades mentioning us too... Then people started sniping back. 

I wish folks would just grow up. Leave the idiots without oxygen by NOT REPLYING TO THEM!

• Like 1

As with most things on Twitter the debate gets polarised. The Chansiri out brigade refuse to accept the truth, which is that he is neither a hero nor a complete idiot, but somewhere in the middle. And by not accepting their argument that does not mean you are a DC worshipper, it is quite possible to accept his faults without wanting to throw him into the Don. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Winco said:

Isn’t it more now after covid? Might be wrong thought I’d seen it somewhere one of the reasons I asked to be fair if they’ve moved the goalposts 👍

The interesting thing with the Chansiri out brigade is how will this transfer to the stadium.  Are the vast majority keyboard warriors who do not attend games anyway, regardless that they give pelters re pricing.

Owls Online is the middle ground haven from the Stalkers and Twitterazzi spouting their ill thought hate fueled thoughts without any alternative but we want Chansiri out. 

The fella is millions deep and there is little  liklihood of getting an offer that gets anywhere close to satisfying the bulk of what he has put in.  The higher liklihood is he runs it at thd bare minimum. 

From my perspective he could have done things way better in thd last few weeks.

The Moore Departure - we understand the reasons or certainly from DC's side.  He fell into over communicating.  He need only to have put out a statement that due to disparity in contractual expectations from Darren and his Staff it was mutually decided to part ways.

Carlton Palmer - respond to any twitter comments by offering an olive branch early to discuss and not play out on Talk Sport or the Press Conference. 

The Managerial Appointment  - no problem at all and the timescale was to ge expected especially as an appointment with requirement for a work permit.

Season Tickets - this would be my biggest criticism.  Season Tickets should have been on sale 29th May at whatever the previous phase was.  Strike while the iron is hot.

Match Day Tickets - too high and once again giving the headline writers ammo.  He should have done away wihhbtge to two categories.  It is unlikely we will use them and any additional revenue is likely to be wiped by the negative mindset it has caused.   To combat the pricing I would have introduced  a premium membership at 25% higher that gave double discount.

Finally stop with all the meetings and forums.  Appreciate he is a passionate, committed chap but reign it in a bit.  I think he truly does have the club and its staff at heart.
Edited by Hirstys 12th Pint
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Andyben said:

We could do it (get to PL) on the cheap, but we'd have to integrate youth players better for one, and give them time in the first team to develop. 

That’s what’s Xisco is doing int he?

Not like DM never got a sniff near first team.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, HappyOwl said:

5 minutes that’s me done now with Radio Sheffield for the rest of the summer. Fuelling the bile by having that cock on promoting his own self worth 😡😡😡😡

Fat prick Miller wrote a piece in the stir saying no signings through the door is a big concern, "that's because you get fuck all info out of the club you stalk dwelling fat ****".

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, HoylandOwl said:

Every club has its fair share of whoppers, but the problem is all ours are out in force at the moment on both sides of the 'divide' because that's what it's increasingly becoming. 

Funnily, I saw a twitter feed this morning which appeared on my timeline from a shitty nondescript football site, which asked which side's fans were the worst? 

Surprisingly!!!!?? The first post was from a Rotherham fan and he named us, then there were some blades mentioning us too... Then people started sniping back. 

I wish folks would just grow up. Leave the idiots without oxygen by NOT REPLYING TO THEM!

Twitter, Facebook etc is all the same. "I'm right and you're wrong" is all it amounts to. Don't think we're worse than anyone else, it's just more noticeable when it's our club. 

• Like 2

That podcast WTID if full of Chansiri hating folk! They are stoking a huge fire at the first opportunity. 

Definition of a toxic bunch! Also happily to slag rational Wednesday fans which applauding each other in their little echo chamber! 

1 hour ago, Hirstys 12th Pint said:

The interesting thing with the Chansiri out brigade is how will this transfer to the stadium.  Are the vast majority keyboard warriors who do not attend games anyway, regardless that they give pelters re pricing.

Owls Online is the middle ground haven from the Stalkers and Twitterazzi spouting their ill thought hate fueled thoughts without any alternative but we want Chansiri out. 

The fella is millions deep and there is little  liklihood of getting an offer that gets anywhere close to satisfying the bulk of what he has put in.  The higher liklihood is he runs it at thd bare minimum. 

From my perspective he could have done things way better in thd last few weeks.

The Moore Departure - we understand the reasons or certainly from DC's side.  He fell into over communicating.  He need only to have put out a statement that due to disparity in contractual expectations from Darren and his Staff it was mutually decided to part ways.

Carlton Palmer - respond to any twitter comments by offering an olive branch early to discuss and not play out on Talk Sport or the Press Conference. 

The Managerial Appointment  - no problem at all and the timescale was to ge expected especially as an appointment with requirement for a work permit.

Season Tickets - this would be my biggest criticism.  Season Tickets should have been on sale 29th May at whatever the previous phase was.  Strike while the iron is hot.

Match Day Tickets - too high and once again giving the headline writers ammo.  He should have done away wihhbtge to two categories.  It is unlikely we will use them and any additional revenue is likely to be wiped by the negative mindset it has caused.   To combat the pricing I would have introduced  a premium membership at 25% higher that gave double discount.

Finally stop with all the meetings and forums.  Appreciate he is a passionate, committed chap but rein it in a bit.  I think he truly does have the club and its staff at heart.

A lad on one of the Facebook groups met with DC and posted a long follow up post.

He’s a constant critic. 

DC said a few things of interest

He recognised his name

They had run sentiment analysis on Facebook post and found the majority of names of those who are negative are not regular ticket buyers 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@mkowlthesexynewversion alright matey one of the feedback from this meeting is how other clubs with lesser fans base we’re pulling in better revenue streams thus lauded by the motley crew as better than us.

Chansiri apparently said he doesn’t know how they did that - and they have all got their knickers in a twist about DC should know and be working on it.

Get a meeting with the bloke and give DC the keys to unlocking extra revenue streams based in your astute analysis - he may even fly you over to Thailand if you impress him enough and treat you to Thai hospitality! 

7 hours ago, Hirstys 12th Pint said:

Popped over to Stalk earlier to get their take of it on there.  I do read the posts on there and occasionally post but Jeez, its worse than ever. 

How can the two Forums be so different ? 

One's run by a complete dictatorial bell end and this one isn't.

12 hours ago, Chelters said:

As with most things on Twitter the debate gets polarised. The Chansiri out brigade refuse to accept the truth, which is that he is neither a hero nor a complete idiot, but somewhere in the middle. And by not accepting their argument that does not mean you are a DC worshipper, it is quite possible to accept his faults without wanting to throw him into the Don. 

Totally on board with your comments.

I probably come across on here as more of a DC critic, but its more a frustration on how he approaches running the Club and repeating mistakes.

He seems to want to be here long term but with a short termist attitude. I am not sure how that can ever be successful and how it could ever offer an easier out should he want to sell without it being a firesale.

At the same time as Andyben shows with his figures, there isn't an orderly queue of available buyers that have the funds available or would in fact be worse owners 

8 hours ago, EBRA said:

@mkowlthesexynewversion alright matey one of the feedback from this meeting is how other clubs with lesser fans base we’re pulling in better revenue streams thus lauded by the motley crew as better than us.

Chansiri apparently said he doesn’t know how they did that - and they have all got their knickers in a twist about DC should know and be working on it.

Get a meeting with the bloke and give DC the keys to unlocking extra revenue streams based in your astute analysis - he may even fly you over to Thailand if you impress him enough and treat you to Thai hospitality! 

Not sure why that is aimed at me. I am nothing to do with the WTID podcast 

15 hours ago, Winco said:

Yeah and it’s suggested we already lost 10m last season. But promotion increases Tv revenue/solidarity money  by 7-8m and whatever we raise from tickets and sponsors, corporate boxes which will go up. A tough balance if not selling players but that 7/8m allows some spending with 3m wriggle room for owner input  within rules in very simple terms. 

5 minutes ago, TheExile said:

Yeah and it’s suggested we already lost 10m last season. But promotion increases Tv revenue/solidarity money  by 7-8m and whatever we raise from tickets and sponsors, corporate boxes which will go up. A tough balance if not selling players but that 7/8m allows some spending with 3m wriggle room for owner input  within rules in very simple terms. 

As Reesh has already said. L1 financials don't count as the FFP in 1 & 2 is set up differently. That's why Ipswich gambled on spunking a lot of money last season and are still doing it this season. 

FFP doesn't include infrastructure costings, pitch relaying, floodlights, general housekeeping etc. It also doesn't include any women's teams (although it soon will do which is why they're now being run as separate entities) or academy costs (this is also being looked into with the advent of more B teams)

2 minutes ago, Tylluan said:

As Reesh has already said. L1 financials don't count as the FFP in 1 & 2 is set up differently. That's why Ipswich gambled on spunking a lot of money last season and are still doing it this season. 

FFP doesn't include infrastructure costings, pitch relaying, floodlights, general housekeeping etc. It also doesn't include any women's teams (although it soon will do which is why they're now being run as separate entities) or academy costs (this is also being looked into with the advent of more B teams)

Thanks, I’d read somewhere it was still part of the rolling 3 years but maybe not then. Even if it was we’d be alright with two 10m losses with 19m left in that 3 year period. I know in L1 it’s more about wages as a % of income. I guess whatever we do unless we have some gems to sell we don’t want to rob Peter to pay Paul leaving us short in a future year. Even if we stuck to what we know about, that estimate gives us 7-11m extra for wages or transfers this season within the annual losses before any other ticket income and assuming DC puts some in (I think!)

On 14/07/2023 at 07:49, mkowlthesexynewversion said:

Not sure why that is aimed at me. I am nothing to do with the WTID podcast 

As AB says not meant to be critical. Just that as a regular [rational] poster who went to look at possibly buying the club via a fan crowdsource model you could be of value to Chansiri request for fan initiatives.

1 hour ago, EBRA said:

As AB says not meant to be critical. Just that as a regular [rational] poster who went to look at possibly buying the club via a fan crowdsource model you could be of value to Chansiri request for fan initiatives.

I have been called many things on here but never rational 😃

Going to your point, then if other clubs have greater commercial revenues and DC doesn't understand how, then my advice would be to recruit someone in that field or appoint a consultancy to do a review.

I am not sure DC every thinks paying for advice is a good use of money. Or when the likes of Katrien Meire came in they never seemed to hang around long. The whole stadium debacle would have been avoided if the right people with the right knowledge had been instructed to do this. 

I don't profess to know the why, but you would look at is it the relatively poor facilities at Hillsborough, are there better facilities elsewhere, are our business supporters tight arses, do our fans prefer local facilities on matchday, is our merchandise a poor choice, could our marketing be better. When we do stuff is it all a bit lacking eg the fan zone could be a money spinner but it all looks a bit cobbled together.  Do we not attract sponsors due to the Hillsborough disaster connection. There is never just one reason.

But is DC prepared to listen to other views. 

Like you say most of the fans who want a chat do so it seems with criticisms ready to go. 

• Thanks 1

DC has always held an 'open door' policy for fans with ideas to move the club forward and, judging by the write ups, he reiterates this at every supporters clubs forum he holds. The Trust originally had a couple of half decent ideas but dropped them for the 'community club' approach and went rabid when the club refused to hold Darby and Joan bingo in the 1867 lounge. 

Maybe it is time for OO to gain an audience. I'm sure we're being monitored by the club, as they trawl through social media, but that would show this site is balanced. Members on here have the passion but also the professional capacity to talk to the club on a sane level with no agenda other than what's best for all. 

We're probably the only fans group currently worth talking to that would give an honest and fair view of our experiences and expectations. You only have to look at the posts on each thread to know that.

• Like 5

21 minutes ago, mkowlthesexynewversion said:

But is DC prepared to listen to other views. 

Like you say most of the fans who want a chat do so it seems with criticisms ready to go. 

This is the thing. Yes, DC invites fans in, but crucially, the impression people are giving is that he doesn’t listen. 
HOWEVER.

Some points of view maybe aren’t worth listening to 🤣🤣🤣