The 'don't enter if easily offended thread'

Reesh

15 hours ago, owl71 said:

Struggling to remember Julian Watts, probably because of his 18 appearances in four years.  Anyway why is he on this thread, does he take the piss out of gender fluid teenagers, or commit some similar atrocity?

It's the way forward.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Whatever your views on the RMT strike I’m loving Mick Lynchs “debates” with the various Tory ministers as per Question Time and Newsnight. Particularly calling the slimey twats that never answer a question properly “liars”, which they are and are being proven to be time after time.

As a current public sector work (probably not for much longer) I suspect more strikes are to come. It could be a longer summer for the wankers running this country 

Edited by Tank_Owl2,0

37 minutes ago, Tank_Owl2,0 said:

Whatever your views on the RMT strike I’m loving Mick Lynchs “debates” with the various Tory ministers as per Question Time and Newsnight. Particularly calling the slimey twats that never answer a question properly “liars”, which they are and are being proven to be time after time.

As a current public sector work (probably not for much longer) I suspect more strikes are to come. It could be a longer summer for the wankers running this country 

Union leaders are the very epitome of snakes

• Like 3

I’m ambivalent to unions. It many years ago when I worked for a Council engineering dept I was a member of Unison, it was deemed as the done thing but I soon stopped membership after there was a strike about something which didn’t seem relevant to me (at the time).

I can’t say I’ve knowingly had to deal with Union leaders but I have had to deal with Unions and similar bodies in various jobs I’ve done and I’ve found the people OK, they were usually reasonable and trying to negotiate or protect people they were representing. 
Anyway, when you are dealing with rats like this Govt is maybe you need a snake to represent you.

Which snakes have you had to deal with, to know what they are like?

25 minutes ago, Tank_Owl2,0 said:

I’m ambivalent to unions. It many years ago when I worked for a Council engineering dept I was a member of Unison, it was deemed as the done thing but I soon stopped membership after there was a strike about something which didn’t seem relevant to me (at the time).

I can’t say I’ve knowingly had to deal with Union leaders but I have had to deal with Unions and similar bodies in various jobs I’ve done and I’ve found the people OK, they were usually reasonable and trying to negotiate or protect people they were representing. 
Anyway, when you are dealing with rats like this Govt is maybe you need a snake to represent you.

Which snakes have you had to deal with, to know what they are like?

Does Corbyn let you spit or swallow?

All MPs are rats, all union leaders are self serving money grabbing snakes, the end

I don't believe people should be allowed to strike. Indeed, when my auld man worked for City of Edinburgh Council and joined in 3 or 4 separate strikes over the years, I repeatedly told him to his face, "dad, I don't support you."

To me, if you're unhappy in your workplace, leave and get another job. If you think you're deserving of more money, prove it. Apply for other jobs and we'll soon find out what you're really worth in the employment market.

Striking as a public sector worker is wholly irresponsible. Forgetting about the effect it's having on other individuals, including those less fortunate, whilst expecting support for your 'cause'. Truly selfish and quite pathetic really.

That's not to say I'm a fan of this current government. That horrible bunch of ***** are a whole different story altogether. They've even managed to make me dislike them more than the lowlife scumbags who run things up here.

Fucking hell, I could quite happily fill quite a few prison cells countrywide...

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Reesh said:

Does Corbyn let you spit or swallow?

All MPs are rats, all union leaders are self serving money grabbing snakes, the end

Errr don’t know what your thinking but let’s just say I didn’t vote for Corbyn - unelectable. Interesting though how some of the things he suggested have actually been implemented by this Govt!

Im not someone who feel the need to follow only Labour, Tories, Libdems etc, I actually look at their policy and whether I feel they will represent me.

I think it’s a gross generalism to say all MPs are sell serving but unfortunately there are too many that are, the current PM being a prime example - using a populist mandate to win, which would be fine (to an extent) if it wasn’t followed by some actions that undermine democracy and the role of Govt.

I largely agree with ECO re strikes etc. I have spent most of working life in the private sector with a few stints in public bodies, usually leaving for reasons most people do around career, pay etc.

However, I know that most of my current colleagues haven’t had a proper pay rise in 10yrs despite been asked to do more and with less. I think it has come to a point for some that enough is enough. The pay award for NHS staff for example, after what they have been through is insulting to the extreme. No wonder so many are leaving. Which will mean the vast majority will get a poorer service.

I don’t know but I have anecdotal knowledge similar to what I have seen where I work that recruiting people is near on impossible because the whole package isn’t attractive. The pensions that once existed are no longer offered, they have been diluted year on year, meaning anyone starting in the public sector now doesn’t get the same as someone that started say 15year ago. 
So, yes I will no doubt leave because I probably can and many others are already which will mean either the public services people come to expect won’t be there or they will actually be outsourced and actually cost more. I know this for a fact, it’s already happening where I work.

Edited by Tank_Owl2,0

2 hours ago, Andyben said:

Every PM is a populist, by definition - their policies were the most popular.

I know AB, but not every decision is expected to be popular, sometimes decisions have to be made that are “in the national interest’ and not just to keep the current Govt or dare I say it just to keep the PM popular with clique in his party.

Maggie T was despised by many and I can understand why. However I genuinely think she thought she was doing things that were in the national interest and wasn’t having her strings pulled by anyone - unlike the present incumbent 

• Like 1

Bloody Statistics

me in private sector getting 4% pay rise in April with inflation now at 9%. So, a pay decrease in real terms  

Me upon retirement at the mercy of the stock market, public sector getting career average related earnings (CARE) irrespective of the stock market 

as for quoting the lefty loving Peston? Real desperation time. 

Edited by Skamp

I watched the news the other day and noted the absolute plant pot of a Union chief telling people he couldn't rule out emergency calls being affected by BT workers going on strike.

Now, I hope this was nothing more than media posturing and that won't actually be the case in reality. However, for even stating such a thing in the first place, this scumbag should be jailed or, better still, shot.

As for the workers themselves, if just one person dies as a result of an emergency call not being connected in the usual manner, then every single person who voted in favour of the strike should be instantly jailed for murder. No trial. Bread and water for 15 years and shut the fuck up.

Absolutely disgusting. Just how important do these ***** think they are in this world?

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 14/08/2022 at 15:20, Professor Plum said:

Narrowboat Will. Came across this clip on another site. It's a trip along the canal from Tinsley to the Sheffield basin, it's well worth a watch if you're into that type of thing, especially the view underneath the Viaduct but then again I do tend to get off on engineering structures.

Hmmm, there it is.  I was wondering why the easily offended would want to avoid this ... then I got to that last independent clause.  

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...