The 'don't enter if easily offended thread'

Reesh

• Reesh pinned this topic

I met him in the Abu Dhabi airport lounge in 2015. We were both camped in the smoking lounge for a couple of hours. It took me half an hour to build up to confidence to strike a conversation because to be honest I was a bit start struck. He was so... Human and warm, I had had a love hate feeling because of him destroying England during my youth. But I couldn't help but admire his achievements. He said he was texting Sachin. Then he asked me more questions about my travels/work. I told him we once played against each other in an online poker comp. Throughout all this dozens of Indians and Pakistanis came in and asked for photos together, he treated them all as friends. That is a mark of a good man imo. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, tomcore said:

I met him in the Abu Dhabi airport lounge in 2015. We were both camped in the smoking lounge for a couple of hours. It took me half an hour to build up to confidence to strike a conversation because to be honest I was a bit start struck. He was so... Human and warm, I had had a love hate feeling because of him destroying England during my youth. But I couldn't help but admire his achievements. He said he was texting Sachin. Then he asked me more questions about my travels/work. I told him we once played against each other in an online poker comp. Throughout all this dozens of Indians and Pakistanis came in and asked for photos together, he treated them all as friends. That is a mark of a good man imo. 

There's been countless stories of a similar ilk, a couple you'd pass off as paying homage to a recently deceased bloke but the sheer amount of em shows he was like that, a warm courteous gentleman.

As you say, I have the love hate relationship cos of his sublime ability to destroy England batsmen at will

12 minutes ago, Walkley said:

There's been countless stories of a similar ilk, a couple you'd pass off as paying homage to a recently deceased bloke but the sheer amount of em shows he was like that, a warm courteous gentleman.

As you say, I have the love hate relationship cos of his sublime ability to destroy England batsmen at will

Warm and couteous absolutely. I'm sure there are countless stories about his escapades. He was probably an easy target for the tabloids because of it. Let's be honest a lot of us would cut a ball off to have lived the life he did in the way he did. 

3 minutes ago, MAL said:

Won't be long then, with them TwoFortyFacedFuckers 😒

Same lot run twitter and shitbook I reckon an all. 

Allow posts about racism, grooming etc etc but ban me for laughing at a cyclist falling over 😂

1 minute ago, Walkley said:

Same lot run twitter and shitbook I reckon an all. 

Allow posts about racism, grooming etc etc but ban me for laughing at a cyclist falling over 😂

Ha Ha, Really

That is about par for the course, i don't use either of them.

I have been on FaceAcheBook, but never on Twatter.

Just now, MAL said:

Ha Ha, Really

That is about par for the course, i don't use either of them.

I have been on FaceAcheBook, but never on Twatter.

Had more Twitter accounts than Harry Redknapps dog had bank accounts.

Served back to back Facebook bans for banter with my siblings 

• Haha 1

Talking of pop stars. My daughter's brother in law is a pl player. Walkers knows who he is.  His wife was 40 last week and he flew Gary Barlow to Cheshire from Scotland via helicopter to play for the guests. GB is a friend of the family btw so played for free other than the lift from where he was playing that evening. 

Rita Ora wanted £150,000. 

I kid you not. 

13 minutes ago, Skamp said:

Talking of pop stars. My daughter's brother in law is a pl player. Walkers knows who he is.  His wife was 40 last week and he flew Gary Barlow to Cheshire from Scotland via helicopter to play for the guests. GB is a friend of the family btw so played for free other than the lift from where he was playing that evening. 

Rita Ora wanted £150,000. 

I kid you not. 

Worth every single penny spacer.png

On 01/04/2022 at 18:50, HoylandOwl said:

This thread shall stay alive until Google deem the posts 'inappropriate' then edits may have to be made

Are Google the hosting this site? What can we say and not say?

Is it due to past posts that the site has changed. I'm asking because I hadn't visited Owlsonline for a few weeks, so not sure what's gone off?

5 minutes ago, Steve444 said:

Are Google the hosting this site? What can we say and not say?

Is it due to past posts that the site has changed. I'm asking because I hadn't visited Owlsonline for a few weeks, so not sure what's gone off?

Cos of google ads, they restrict the income which helps funds the site if we don't adhere to certain standards, but I don't tend to give a fuck

Didn't know where to put this, thought there might be a lot that will see it in here.

When a Wednesday site has a lookalike theme going, and this gets posted...

Carbone/Morrissey

385777589_IMG_20220405_164347(264x350)(241x215).jpg.e58244cb6c9f019ebce65014304ad9d3.jpg.bae10d4db194842ed085d5cffdbf6629.jpg

798212259_Screenshot_2022-04-05-16-46-03-830(296x350).jpg.f4d012d209c8ebe6c517a3793bdef750.jpg.425e75421547b661125330c35b8b9dfb.jpg

Nobody has noticed for 4 Hours, it even got 2 likes 😢

• Thanks 1