The win that takes us close but not certain of safety WBA match thread

15 minutes ago, Andyben said:

What kind of father does that?

Imagine bringing your son up to think that's acceptable and then being thick enough to put it all online.

This has really irked me

Fucking disgusting 

Totally agree. It's called respect and sadly far too many people have zero understanding of what that means

1 hour ago, Tank_Owl2,0 said:

Of all the days to be goading the owner, after a 3-0 win, we want him to be keeping DR and talking about he backs him next season and we have dipsticks like this.

I agree with DC for pushing away the knob.

Fucking state of this father and son 

Hope chansiri bans em for life 

along with that fucking meth head who grabbed the corner flag 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Theman said:

Completely wrong I predicted only a draw today, we will get one point at Sunderland, first time in my life I’ve uttered the words ‘cmon Hull!’ 

Ha you're a tit

57 minutes ago, Andyben said:

What kind of father does that?

Imagine bringing your son up to think that's acceptable and then being thick enough to put it all online.

This has really irked me

Fucking disgusting 

He getting pelted on Twitter for his parenting skills and rightly so 🙌🙌

Surprised he’s not deleted it yet 

2 hours ago, Tank_Owl2,0 said:

Of all the days to be goading the owner, after a 3-0 win, we want him to be keeping DR and talking about he backs him next season and we have dipsticks like this.

I agree with DC for pushing away the knob.

Right there, in a 9 second clip we show you what is fundamentally wrong with this country. A so called father sets his son up to insult someone, videos it, takes to social media in an attempt to drop the Chairman in the shit. The father thinks he's some sort of hero for doing so as well. I honestly can't get my head around how stupid this bloke is.

• Like 8

The day phones got video capability was the day society went to shit.

Cant imagine someone lugging a camcorder to the ground to insult Dave Richards then playing the video out of his front window for people to see.

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, Alan Finney said:

Right there, in a 9 second clip we show you what is fundamentally wrong with this country. A so called father sets his son up to insult someone, videos it, takes to social media in an attempt to drop the Chairman in the shit. The father thinks he's some sort of hero for doing so as well. I honestly can't get my head around how stupid this bloke is.

The strangely quiet protest group will no doubt add that to the list of crimes "Chansiri lashed out at young fan" 

The rest of us think he got away with just a shove as opposed to one between the eyes. Same for that prick with the corner flag, there was some kid following him, if it was his then be hopes social services are lurking.

Imagine if we complete the great escape then Chansiri takes his ball home because of behaviour like this. We go into admin and start next season with a points deduction.

Not saying it will happen but there are quite a few of our fans who would actually be happy with that I reckon. 

The father claiming assault winds me up! DC is accused of arrogance - er he’s happily standing for a picture with a young supporter. 

DC & family have been threatened with violence for 9 month by people who sing that song - he’s a 100% right to want to create a distance between him and someone singing that song next to his face. He at that stage does not know what could happen- security is there for a reason.

We are on the cusp of a new beginning - and thanks to the protests it could scupper that.

The Wednesday way for me is all about ourselves being our own biggest enemy! 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Chelters said:

The day phones got video capability was the day society went to shit.

Cant imagine someone lugging a camcorder to the ground to insult Dave Richards then playing the video out of his front window for people to see.

I just think people are pricks. I had one on the M1 - coming out a 50 mph zone, traffic all bunched, flashes headlights, right on the bumper, for a mile or so. Eventually when safe I just move over, but with the middle finger scratching my nose gesture. I get the full on window down wanker treatment from the passenger who then decides to try and spit. Not a great idea at 70 mph mate. Said car unsurprisingly then sits behind the queue of traffic, then decides to weave for a few miles.

A day for it, heading down Burncross Road post game, 3 lads on mountain bikes just weaving about the road, one on the wrong side. Just suggested the prick get off the road, the only pity was the discussion was brief as a further 5 seconds the car travelling up the road would have nailed him.

I probably get more annoyed that I react to these arsewipes 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, EBRA said:

The father claiming assault winds me up! DC is accused of arrogance - er he’s happily standing for a picture with a young supporter. 

DC & family have been threatened with violence for 9 month by people who sing that song - he’s a 100% right to want to create a distance between him and someone singing that song next to his face. He at that stage does not know what could happen- security is there for a reason.

We are on the cusp of a new beginning - and thanks to the protests it could scupper that.

The Wednesday way for me is all about ourselves being our own biggest enemy! 

I have been critical of Chansiri's actions at times, but there is a line between that and making it personal. Indeed I have always said I would love to have a 30 minute chat with him, put a view across, listen to his reply, understand what motivates him. People can't distinguish it seems between disagreeing with someone you have to hate them. 

My biggest gripe of modern society that reasoned debate simply does not arise 

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, mkowl said:

I have been critical of Chansiri's actions at times, but there is a line between that and making it personal. Indeed I have always said I would love to have a 30 minute chat with him, put a view across, listen to his reply, understand what motivates him. People can't distinguish it seems between disagreeing with someone you have to hate them. 

My biggest gripe of modern society that reasoned debate simply does not arise 

The poor fucker would chuck him Sen of Tinsley viaduct.😀

missed yesterday due to work but reyt result all we gotta do is not lose next week and we’re done.

Going to Sunderland wi Vialli so should be fun.

• Haha 5

43 minutes ago, mkowl said:

I just think people are pricks. I had one on the M1 - coming out a 50 mph zone, traffic all bunched, flashes headlights, right on the bumper, for a mile or so. Eventually when safe I just move over, but with the middle finger scratching my nose gesture. I get the full on window down wanker treatment from the passenger who then decides to try and spit. Not a great idea at 70 mph mate. Said car unsurprisingly then sits behind the queue of traffic, then decides to weave for a few miles.

A day for it, heading down Burncross Road post game, 3 lads on mountain bikes just weaving about the road, one on the wrong side. Just suggested the prick get off the road, the only pity was the discussion was brief as a further 5 seconds the car travelling up the road would have nailed him.

I probably get more annoyed that I react to these arsewipes 

That’s all social media related too imo. People get used to acting like pricks online with no sanction so they think they can do it in the real world as well. 

Couple of alternative stand out moments from yesterday.

Firstly on 95 minutes the immense Will Vaulks throwing himself into a block like his life depended on it.

Secondly Musaba during the lap of appreciation trying to find his family to come onto the pitch.  They were located in the South and brought down and his face and theirs was such a joy.  Made me feel a tad emotional for a moment.  Shows what this bloody club can do to you.

• Like 7

1 minute ago, Hirstys 12th Pint said:

Firstly on 95 minutes the immense Will Vaulks throwing himself into a block like his life depended on it.

Secondly Musaba during the lap of appreciation trying to find his family to come onto the pitch.  They were located in the South and brought down and his face and theirs was such a joy.  Made me feel a tad emotional for a moment.  Shows what this bloody club can do to you.

Barney the owl taking his/her kid round on the lap in a little owl suit.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Winco said:

The poor fucker would chuck him Sen of Tinsley viaduct.😀

missed yesterday due to work but reyt result all we gotta do is not lose next week and we’re done.

Going to Sunderland wi Vialli so should be fun.

Get thi fancy dress sorted pal😁😁

Any wonder that kid has turned out a a total scrote with a role model like his father? The smug look on the little twat’s face as he’s filming says it all. And then you have his idiot father now showing that video like a trophy and boasting about it, yet at the same time he also has the fucking cheek to play the victim card.

Best result of the season, biggest feel good factor we’ve had this season and most together club and fans have been all season - and still you have fucking idiots who claim to be supporters destabilising things!

I hope Chansiri bans both of them from S6, along with that total fucking muppet who ran around the pitch with the corner flag.

• Like 8

11 minutes ago, Hirstys 12th Pint said:

That tackle told me everything I need to know about this group versus the lilly livered set of wankers that limped down last time (ironically quite well illustrated by that sack of shit Adam Reach). 96th minute and we could have gotten away with conceding a consolation, yet he puts everything on the line to block it. Vaulks could have claimed  MOTM for that alone, but his overall performance was outstanding. To a man we were outstanding against a very good WBA side who seemingly had no answer.

• Like 2

An outstanding performance, for a spell in second half we looked like scoring every time we came forward, the WBA defense hadn't a clue how to stop us. 

We ran out of steam towards end but Beadle was outstanding with everything they threw at us. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bellsview said:

Any wonder that kid has turned out a a total scrote with a role model like his father? The smug look on the little twat’s face as he’s filming says it all. And then you have his idiot father now showing that video like a trophy and boasting about it, yet at the same time he also has the fucking cheek to play the victim card.

Best result of the season, biggest feel good factor we’ve had this season and most together club and fans have been all season - and still you have fucking idiots who claim to be supporters destabilising things!

I hope Chansiri bans both of them from S6, along with that total fucking muppet who ran around the pitch with the corner flag.

That video and post infuriated  me for several reasons, as posted by others above, but it was the spoiling of my long and (virtually) perfect day that annoyed so much. (The lunatic with the flag had impinged earlier. WTF?) 

The timing - before the important planning meeting of DC & DR - is just soul destroying. That family don't appear to have a brain cell between them.

• Like 7

21 minutes ago, lobster said:

Complete contrast on here to the reaction on"  Stalk" re the dickhead and son video . Chansiri at fault for pushing a little kid, any dissenting voice jumped on . What a set of W*****s

The problem is that it's the main place they all get their Wednesday news from.

So they think that the fans paid the tax bill and that rabid anti-Chansiri is the majority view, which is why this puppet thought he would get support for his actions.

• Like 1

There's a woman on WS saying she was there and Mr Chansiri never touched the kid, it was the Security, there was also a family with young children that had to listen to the foul abuse the security received when he tried to move them on. Mr Chansiri walked away. 

Yet there was some one arguing, that the video was right and not her (the eyewitness) 

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, lyn_owl said:

There's a woman on WS saying she was there and Mr Chansiri never touched the kid, it was the Security, there was also a family with young children that had to listen to the foul abuse the security received when he tried to move them on. Mr Chansiri walked away. 

Yet there was some one arguing, that the video was right and not her (the eyewitness) 

Simple solution, get him to release the full length video.

It's obviously cut and there's no way they didn't film themselves getting led away.

On 26/04/2024 at 12:07, Bellsview said:

I got the greatest news in my life yesterday when it was confirmed that, following tests, Mrs Bellsview does not have cancer (been the shittest last few weeks of her (and my) life).

So I’m hoping the great news continues to tomorrow and that we get the 3 points! 

Come on Wednesday! 

Sorry to hear that Bells, keep going pal!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Whilst I didnt go to the actual game on Saturday (I came back to Canada last week), I was fortunate enough to watch the game with a number of fellow Owls who had travelled from far and wide (Canada, USA, Caribbean, UK, Switzerland) to have a meet up in Halifax, Nova Scotia.

IMO it makes such a difference watching the game with others, spontaneously breaking out in to song, and celebrating in earnest, rather than sat at home on your own.

I thought our second half performance was as good as any I had seen from a Wednesday team in many a year, as has already been said on here

There is a job still to do against the Mackems, but if you had told me at Christmas that we would be anywhere near where we are in the table right now I would have thought you had lost your head

UTO  

• Like 4

On 26/04/2024 at 12:07, Bellsview said:

I got the greatest news in my life yesterday when it was confirmed that, following tests, Mrs Bellsview does not have cancer (been the shittest last few weeks of her (and my) life).

So I’m hoping the great news continues to tomorrow and that we get the 3 points! 

Come on Wednesday! 

Great news mate, had a similar situation 4 years ago. Horrible time. All the best to you all

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Travel fuckups no. 146b...

I booked my trains for this one a few days prior to the Blackburn match. Having carried out an initial price check, I logged in to discover the Edinburgh to York tickets had halved. Thinking it was some kind of bizarre special offer, I secured the booking super quick before the website had a chance to change its mind.

I nearly always split my journey into 2 parts - Edinburgh to York and York to Sheffield - partly because LNER first class is so much better than the CrossCountry equivalent but also due to the latter obviously thinking I'm planning a trip to the moon when I wish to attend a match at Hillsborough.

I printed the tickets on Friday afternoon (a security blanket incase my Trainline app doesn't work). However, upon checking them early on Saturday morning, I discovered the Edin - York ticket prices had been halved for a reason - they were child tickets! I've absolutely no idea how I managed it. I mean, I haven't been a child for over 30 years ffs. But, here I was, getting ready to set off and finding I didn't have the largest chunk of my journey booked after all.

An enquiry at Waverley confirmed I would need to purchase new tickets (they can't upgrade child ones apparently), so I used the aforementioned, trusty Trainline app. One minute later and we were back in business. First Class, here we come...

All was going well. Arrived in sunny Sheffield on time, met my mates and had a refreshing bottle of Corona in the NBT.

On to the match. Excellent result. Brilliant performance. Decent atmosphere. We're almost there. Hopefully the lads can complete the job on Saturday 🙂

One thing I did find quite amusing in between watching the on-field action - Alex Palmer's aerobics. Didn't do him much good for any of the goals though!

And then it happened - if my early doors discovery had been a bit of a shock, it's safe to say the post match part of the day was a less than welcome surprise...

As my mates dropped me off and we said our goodbyes, I took two steps out of the already-departed car and instinctively checked my pockets. My mobile wasn't on my person any longer. I've never lost my phone before. I'm usually super careful. And no mobile meant no Trainline app so, yet again, I didn't have a ticket for the York to Edinburgh leg home!

That situation was quickly rectified. However, the 'standard class' journey to York included some young whippersnapper who exited at dirty Leeds blatantly looking for a fight. "Fuck this", I thought, "I'll be getting an upgrade for the homeward section."

End result:

York to Sheffield return - 1 ticket purchased (all good);

Edinburgh to York - 2 separate tickets purchased; and

York to Edinburgh - 3 separate tickets plus one upgrade purchased.

In total, probably not much change out of £300. Oh, and my phone was in the back seat of my mate's car, so all's well that ends well on that front.

And, of course, we won. Well done Wednesday.

I used to be quite good at all this travel nonsense. I blame this episode on old age.

Never get old, whatever you do.

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Beaconowl said:

Whilst I didnt go to the actual game on Saturday (I came back to Canada last week), I was fortunate enough to watch the game with a number of fellow Owls who had travelled from far and wide (Canada, USA, Caribbean, UK, Switzerland) to have a meet up in Halifax, Nova Scotia.

IMO it makes such a difference watching the game with others, spontaneously breaking out in to song, and celebrating in earnest, rather than sat at home on your own.

I thought our second half performance was as good as any I had seen from a Wednesday team in many a year, as has already been said on here

There is a job still to do against the Mackems, but if you had told me at Christmas that we would be anywhere near where we are in the table right now I would have thought you had lost your head

UTO  

I saw some pictures of that meet-up on social media. Looked like a decent crowd of folks, a decent way to watch a game if you can't be there mate. As you say, sharing it with like minded folks. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, EastCraigsOwl said:

I booked my trains for this one a few days prior to the Blackburn match. Having carried out an initial price check, I logged in to discover the Edinburgh to York tickets had halved. Thinking it was some kind of bizarre special offer, I secured the booking super quick before the website had a chance to change its mind.

I nearly always split my journey into 2 parts - Edinburgh to York and York to Sheffield - partly because LNER first class is so much better than the CrossCountry equivalent but also due to the latter obviously thinking I'm planning a trip to the moon when I wish to attend a match at Hillsborough.

I printed the tickets on Friday afternoon (a security blanket incase my Trainline app doesn't work). However, upon checking them early on Saturday morning, I discovered the Edin - York ticket prices had been halved for a reason - they were child tickets! I've absolutely no idea how I managed it. I mean, I haven't been a child for over 30 years ffs. But, here I was, getting ready to set off and finding I didn't have the largest chunk of my journey booked after all.

An enquiry at Waverley confirmed I would need to purchase new tickets (they can't upgrade child ones apparently), so I used the aforementioned, trusty Trainline app. One minute later and we were back in business. First Class, here we come...

All was going well. Arrived in sunny Sheffield on time, met my mates and had a refreshing bottle of Corona in the NBT.

On to the match. Excellent result. Brilliant performance. Decent atmosphere. We're almost there. Hopefully the lads can complete the job on Saturday 🙂

One thing I did find quite amusing in between watching the on-field action - Alex Palmer's aerobics. Didn't do him much good for any of the goals though!

And then it happened - if my early doors discovery had been a bit of a shock, it's safe to say the post match part of the day was a less than welcome surprise...

As my mates dropped me off and we said our goodbyes, I took two steps out of the already-departed car and instinctively checked my pockets. My mobile wasn't on my person any longer. I've never lost my phone before. I'm usually super careful. And no mobile meant no Trainline app so, yet again, I didn't have a ticket for the York to Edinburgh leg home!

That situation was quickly rectified. However, the 'standard class' journey to York included some young whippersnapper who exited at dirty Leeds blatantly looking for a fight. "Fuck this", I thought, "I'll be getting an upgrade for the homeward section."

End result:

In total, probably not much change out of £300. Oh, and my phone was in the back seat of my mate's car, so all's well that ends well on that front.

I used to be quite good at all this travel nonsense. I blame this episode on old age.

Mate, that reminds me of some of the OO posts of old. Tales of travel, and the game. Genuinely made me smile. Cheers for sharing. 

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, HoylandOwl said:

I saw some pictures of that meet-up on social media. Looked like a decent crowd of folks, a decent way to watch a game if you can't be there mate. As you say, sharing it with like minded folks. 

Here is one from just after the game when a few of us spilled onto the street outside the barIMG_7815.jpeg.aa7e26d4bd3b1553afa95761601d4a78.jpeg

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, HoylandOwl said:

Mate, that reminds me of some of the OO posts of old. Tales of travel, and the game. Genuinely made me smile. Cheers for sharing. 

It's no M1 roadworks though 😃

• Haha 3

27 minutes ago, EastCraigsOwl said:

End result:

Made me laugh about the age thing. Years ago I would go on the Saturday and then on the Tuesday, be fine. 

Now I need a week off just doing the Saturday

6 minutes ago, Beaconowl said:

Here is one from just after the game when a few of us spilled onto the street outside the barIMG_7815.jpeg.aa7e26d4bd3b1553afa95761601d4a78.jpeg

Great pic, bit confused what those shadow things are and you are not in coats at the end of April. 

This global warming is fucking shite 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, mkowl said:

Great pic, bit confused what those shadow things are and you are not in coats at the end of April. 

This global warming is fucking shite 

First weekend the sun has been out this year. I did have a "top coat" on before the game and before the beer, mind. The footie warmed us up nicely though