The win that takes us close but not certain of safety WBA match thread

The more I study the table and the remaining fixtures the less I know what'll happen. But what I do know is that table would look really sick bar for that fantastic result v Blackburn and coming off their recent result away at Leeds as well.

So, just to reiterate, a full house, 3 points nearer survival, possibly good enough, the players will be up for this again.

C'mon Wednesday. Carpe Diem.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, holmesfield_owl said:

Catchy little thread title for you 😁

Let's properly get Hillsborough rocking and do the business.

I'm going to 2-1 to WednesdayΒ 

Come on you blue and white wizardsΒ 

πŸ’™πŸ€πŸ’™πŸ€πŸ’™πŸ€πŸ’™πŸ€πŸ’™

I am very much in favour of the cautious thread titleΒ 

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, HoylandOwl said:

Course you bloody are 😝

I will be imploring as much caution next week don't worry even if we get 3 points Saturday.Β 

No positivity until the fat lass has packed her bags of mathematical certainty

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, mkowl said:

I will be imploring as much caution next week don't worry even if we get 3 points Saturday.Β 

No positivity until the fat lass has packed her bags of mathematical certainty

I'm with you MK.Β Β 

Last week at Blackburn I was the Fun Police moaning about the crowd chanting "We are Staying Up".Β Β 

1 hour ago, bradowl said:

If we win 13-0 and Huddersfield win 1-0 they would have to turn around a 10 goal margin on last day.Β 

I'd call it we're safe. 😁

You know there was a last day in about 2004 when it was us or Crewe and a 7 goal difference in our favour

We conceded in the first minute to Wolves, they were 1 up after 23 mins, and we genuinely should have been 3 downΒ 

Anyway I think on 90 minutes it was 2-2 our game and 2-0 in theirs and I just about relaxed

44 minutes ago, Hirstys 12th Pint said:

I'm with you MK.Β Β 

Last week at Blackburn I was the Fun Police moaning about the crowd chanting "We are Staying Up".Β Β 

Totally on board with that, talk about leaving yourself open to been bitten on the arseΒ 

47 minutes ago, Hirstys 12th Pint said:

I'm with you MK.Β Β 

I lean towards being slightly superstitious regarding such things too. Of course its total bollocks but still can't rid the thought lurking at the back of my mind; why tempt the evil football gods?

I got the greatest news in my life yesterday when it was confirmed that, following tests, Mrs Bellsview does not have cancer (been the shittest last few weeks of her (and my) life).

So I’m hoping the great news continues to tomorrow and that we get the 3 points!Β 

Come on Wednesday!Β 

• Like 32

5 minutes ago, Bellsview said:

I got the greatest news in my life yesterday when it was confirmed that, following tests, Mrs Bellsview does not have cancer (been the shittest last few weeks of her (and my) life).

So I’m hoping the great news continues to tomorrow and that we get the 3 points!Β 

Come on Wednesday!Β 

Getting that good news is worth getting relegated for.

If you know what I mean.Β 

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Bellsview said:

Come on Wednesday!Β 

Wonderful news. You've both had to reside in a really dark place of late.Β  Happily now you're both back in the sunlight.Β 

Β 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Bellsview said:

Come on Wednesday!Β 

Absolute wonderful news Bells.

Here to good health & 3 points on SaturdayΒ 

WAWAW

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Bellsview said:

Come on Wednesday!Β 

Great stuff mate, so happy for you both.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Bellsview said:

Come on Wednesday!Β 

Mate, that’s great to hear.

UP THE F**king OwlsΒ 

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Bellsview said:

Come on Wednesday!Β 

πŸ™ŒπŸ™ŒπŸ’™πŸ’™ I’ll drink to that great newsΒ 

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Bellsview said:

Come on Wednesday!Β 

Fantastic news Bells.Β 

• Thanks 1

When you really think about it football is weird.

Lets face it this season has been shit and we sell out the last home game hoping that we finish above at least 3 other shit teams and nothing is decided today πŸ€¦β€β™€οΈ

I will not celebrate just staying up like a promotion it’s embarrassing.

* up at 6 cos I forgot to wash my lucky shirt 😘

1 hour ago, HappyOwl said:

Lets face it this season has been shit and we sell out the last home game hoping that we finish above at least 3 other shit teams and nothing is decided today πŸ€¦β€β™€οΈ

I suppose from where we were it will be a good achievement, that deserves recognition. But I concur celebrating being the 4th shittest club in your League is not champagne popping.

I enjoyed the play off win last year, because you have to take the highs when you can, but deep down it's still we are only going back to the 2nd tier.

Why I still get angry at our meek efforts v Hull in that final.Β 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, mkowl said:

I suppose from where we were it will be a good achievement, that deserves recognition. But I concur celebrating being the 4th shittest club in your League is not champagne popping.

I enjoyed the play off win last year, because you have to take the highs when you can, but deep down it's still we are only going back to the 2nd tier.

Why I still get angry at our meek efforts v Hull in that final.Β 

It will be a great achievement from where we were at the start of the season and for the fact that to be honest we just aren’t that good.Β 
Β 

Awful to watch at times little sprinkles of good stuff but here we are.

UTO WAWAW

3 hours ago, HappyOwl said:

There's dedication!Β Β 

1 hour ago, HoylandOwl said:

Anyone daring to stick their neck out with a prediction?Β 

I'll have a go.Β 

We're winning. 2-1. It's going to be nervy as fuck at the end.Β 

My gut feeling is 2-1 as well Tee but something tells me that Musaba or Smith will pop up in the 94th minute to win it.....

1 hour ago, HoylandOwl said:

I'm not nervous at all about today. Should I be?

I am!Β 

Can’t remember the last time I was this nervous about a Wednesday match. I just can’t bear the thought of or possibility of League 1 football again next season.Β