24/25 Wednesday transfer thread

Going early as the rumours and possibles have started.

If we stay in the Championship and Rohl is still here then Man Utd will offer us first choice on taking goalkeeper Radek Vitek on loan. They're impressed at how James Beadle has come on within our set up. 

Vitek is 20 years old, 6' 4" and built like a brick shit house. Very imposing and commanding but extremely agile. Currently on loan at Accrington and doing very well, despite their results. 

Signed a new long term contract at Old Trafford, in January, and they have high hopes of him being a future number 1 sooner rather than later. Schmeichel and Oliver Khan both rave about him. 

• Like 2

Two young uns at Leeds i'd love us to take a look at, either in Championship or L1.

Charlie Crew - 18, bought from Cardiff, has been on their bench a couple of times recently. Welsh under 21 player that England are also pursuing.  Very composed & cultured midfielder, always seems to have time on the ball and moves it around beautifully.  Already better than our midfielders IMO, if Leeds go up I could see him going out on loan, probably to the Championship, maybe L1 to toughen him up. He's very highly rated there, no way would they sell him in the short term.

Rhys Chadwick - Chaplin 17 - more of an attacking MF and a set piece expert & penalty taker.  Probably not quite as advanced as Crew, he's in the Under 18's but breaking through into the under 21's.  Again though, highly rated & maybe a lower league loan might be the road they go down, but he's a talent too.

I'd be interested in Ty's take, especially with the Welsh connection on Crew.

Posted (edited)

I can imagine the meltdown now if we took an 18 year old on loan from Leeds with no first team experience. Crew is shining at the moment for their U18s but has only made the first team bench because of injuries, in particular to Ilia Gruev. Farke has said in today's pre-match that he's not ready for a start yet. At the moment he stands out because he's bossing u18 games against the likes of Millwall (watch how much room they give him in centre mid on a showreel on X). If Leeds go up, the plan is for him to spend a full season in their 21s in PL2, interspersed with first team training. Personally I'd follow that and if he's still shining against the likes of Liverpool and both Manchester clubs then loan him out in January. 

If we're looking at Leeds for possible loans then I'd certainly look at Sam Greenwood, currently at Boro. Boro won't be buying him but he won't be in Leeds plans as Farke doesn't fancy him. 

But, if you want a Crew type player who's already done a full season of first team football then I'd take a punt on Charlie Savage, if we could get a fire sale out of Reading. Portsmouth and Peterborough nibbled during January and he's attracting interest from the championship. 

Edited by Tylluan

34 minutes ago, Tylluan said:

I can imagine the meltdown now if we took an 18 year old on loan from Leeds with no first team experience. Crew is shining at the moment for their U18s but has only made the first team bench because of injuries, in particular to Ilia Gruev. Farke has said in today's pre-match that he's not ready for a start yet. At the moment he stands out because he's bossing u18 games against the likes of Millwall (watch how much room they give him in centre mid on a showreel on X). If Leeds go up, the plan is for him to spend a full season in their 21s in PL2, interspersed with first team training. Personally I'd follow that and if he's still shining against the likes of Liverpool and both Manchester clubs then loan him out in January. 

If we're looking at Leeds for possible loans then I'd certainly look at Sam Greenwood, currently at Boro. Boro won't be buying him but he won't be in Leeds plans as Farke doesn't fancy him. 

But, if you want a Crew type player who's already done a full season of first team football then I'd take a punt on Charlie Savage, if we could get a fire sale out of Reading. Portsmouth and Peterborough nibbled during January and he's attracting interest from the championship. 

And have to put up with that **** of a dad of his. No ya alright.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tylluan said:

I watched the Millwall game and yeah he did boss it, even in the second half when they tried to cut off the space that he and Grainger were working in, he was still head & shoulders above.  Farke has picked extra keepers before rather than did into the U21's and has said he would use him if needed.  Definitely one to watch although  I think he'll quickly become one that'll be out of our orbit.  Thanks for your thoughts though - it's good to have your perspective on it.

Greenwood is an interesting shout, Leeds fans had mixed views on him last season but that was the PL, I've not really followed how he's done at Boro beyond missing a penalty last week.  

3 hours ago, BraddersTim said:

Definitely one to watch although  I think he'll quickly become one that'll be out of our orbit. 

Archie Gray is only 18 but broke through this season and there's now a £40m price tag on him as Arsenal, Leverkusen, and Bayern begin to circle. 

If Crew is managed in the same way then I expect the same. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
19 minutes ago, Andyben said:

Symptomatic of Moore's transfer policy square pegs round holes.

We recruited round pegs for round holes.

DM couldn't fit our 2 square pegs, Bannan and Gregory in so he changed to the square board.

Look at a 4231/433/3421 with the players from the 2 League One years minus those two players and it all makes sense.

17 minutes ago, Tewksbury said:

We recruited round pegs for round holes.

DM couldn't fit our 2 square pegs, Bannan and Gregory in so he changed to the square board.

Look at a 4231/433/3421 with the players from the 2 League One years minus those two players and it all makes sense.

Did Gregory fuck your bird or summat?

Just now, Reesh said:

I think you'll find that was the manager not the player.

By playing in a style to accommodate Gregory and making the entire squad play to his strengths, rather than dropping Gregory and playing to the strengths of the squad as a whole.

There's a reason there was a massive disparity in results when he started v when he didn't over both seasons, because the team as a whole worked better without him, still does.

Every 3 or more win streak over the 2 years bar last 3 games of last season coincided with him not starting. Every 2 loss streak had him playing.

5 hours ago, Andyben said:

Symptomatic of Moore's transfer policy square pegs round holes.

Bakinson?  He was just a shit peg.  Hopefully there’s a bone idle twat hole at Charlton that will suit him just fine.

On 02/04/2024 at 20:51, Tylluan said:

Going early as the rumours and possibles have started.

If we stay in the Championship and Rohl is still here then Man Utd will offer us first choice on taking goalkeeper Radek Vitek on loan. They're impressed at how James Beadle has come on within our set up. 

Vitek is 20 years old, 6' 4" and built like a brick shit house. Very imposing and commanding but extremely agile. Currently on loan at Accrington and doing very well, despite their results. 

Signed a new long term contract at Old Trafford, in January, and they have high hopes of him being a future number 1 sooner rather than later. Schmeichel and Oliver Khan both rave about him. 

Get him and Dan Gore in for the season ASAP, Poveda and Ugbo on perms.

Need a left Back and left sided CB and a replacement for Bannan

Another 6 & 8 for the middle as well

• Like 1

Us, Plymouth, and Cardiff showing an interest in Brighton midfielder Marc Leonard. 22 year old and deemed surplus to requirements. Been on loan at Northampton for the past two seasons and done well. Still under contract but available for £300k or less. 

Been with Brighton since he was 16 but just not good enough for the Prem

8 hours ago, Tylluan said:

Us, Plymouth, and Cardiff showing an interest in Brighton midfielder Marc Leonard. 22 year old and deemed surplus to requirements. Been on loan at Northampton for the past two seasons and done well. Still under contract but available for £300k or less. 

Been with Brighton since he was 16 but just not good enough for the Prem

Remember his name from when he was at Hearts, although I don't think he ever played for the first team.

Another one of those supposed wonderkids who get touted up as the next big thing and fuck off to the bright lights down south before they've even kicked a ball or removed their senior career nappies.

At least playing for Northampton will have given him some experience. And another Scotsman for the squad. Can't complain 😉