Will we be good enough Friday to Swan our way up the table?

Very much 2 points lost there. 

The story of the season really, lack of composure and quality in the forward areas, always a mistake or loss of concentration at the back.

Was a hint of handball though and I suspect there is more chance of me shagging Kylie Minogue than us getting a penalty this season

2 minutes ago, KrolMong said:

We were not marking from set pieces earlier. But this time we let their best header of a ball stand 7 yards out completely unmarked. Abysmal. 

Thing is it wasn't the first time during the game. Our player was slow coming out as Lowe could have been offside otherwise 

• Like 1

Point gained on those above though. As much as three would’ve been better.

Honestly prefer that QPR win to a draw. QPR were never going down.

We’ve just got to win more of the last 7 than two of Huddersfield, Birmingham or Plymouth.

I think we will. 

Edited by NomadOwl

5 minutes ago, NomadOwl said:

Point gained on those above though. As much as three would’ve been better.

Honestly prefer that QPR win to a draw. QPR were never going down.

We’ve just got to win more of the last 7 than two of Huddersfield, Birmingham or Plymouth.

I think we will. 

We can't keep waiting for next week though, you do wonder if its going to be an almost or nearly season 

Not just one could have been moment, but 5 or 6 of them.

The chances Vaulks and Valentin missed are not really good enough at this level. Pity for Vaulks as he was man of the match for us 

10 minutes ago, mkowl said:

We can't keep waiting for next week though, you do wonder if its going to be an almost or nearly season 

Not just one could have been moment, but 5 or 6 of them.

The chances Vaulks and Valentin missed are not really good enough at this level. Pity for Vaulks as he was man of the match for us 

I agree to an extent - and of course points on the board is all that matters, so dropping two is shit.

GD aside, we’ve got ourselves into a position where we only have to be better than two of, realistically, 4 teams (Blackburn included) now.

This year we have comfortably been in better form than all 4, and we’re still on the up under Rohl, the other four are on downward trajectories under their medley of managers (none of whom I’d rather have at the helm)

Long way to go, and I’d very much rather it didn’t go down to the wire, but personally I’d rather be us than any of them right now.

Frustrating afternoon, game was a bit flat first half with Swansea having a lot of possession but not threatening all that much.

Goal just before half time was a big boost and we played much better second half. 

Lack of quality in final third cost us towards end when we had chances to get back in front.  

Seen a replay of their goal and goalscorer does look as though he controlled ball with his hand. 

Edited by bradowl

1 hour ago, Bellsview said:

Feels like a defeat does that. Two points lost. 

That goal difference between us and Huddersfield looks depressing as well, especially as we are to blame for it! 

It did feel like 2 points lost walking out of the ground.. The chances we had in the final 20 mins should have won us the game though, but for poor finishing/bad decision making in crucial moments. 

The first half while very passive, was one of those where it seemed very much like our gameplay to let them have more of the ball, and for the most part it worked. But my god it was frustrating to watch. Naturally we're not going to be told pre game that's what we're going to do, but DR on the radio almost confirmed it post game. It looked like we'd knocked their belief out of them when we scored, they'd huffed and puffed and done very little but spent so much time in our half.. Then to see us go up the other end and score must have been demoralising. Massive praise for Cadamarteri all round for the goal too, his attitude and endeavour to not give up on the bouncing ball which then resulted in the free kick on him, which he scored from instinctively. 

I thought we started the second half like the first half, a little passive, but we grew into it... And their goal was undeserved, and handball (I've since seen it as I couldn't see at the time). Then we turned the screw back in our favour, taking more positive possession, and driving with the ball more but.... Then the ref took centre stage. The ref, overall I thought had an ok game, but chuffing hell he missed a couple of stinkers towards the end. That 'tackle' on Igbo after the blocked shot from Musaba I think it was, was horrific. It almost looked like Ugbo had dived for the ball, maybe that's what he thought he'd done. But it wasn't a dive, he was absolutely poleaxed. 

I really don't want to see Malik Wilks in our shirt ever again, I've said it for months now. His decision making is shite, his delivery is shite (that cross straight to their keeper, when we were going for the winner late on).. Smith did ok when he came on I thought, worked very hard and almost set up Johnson for a winner, but for a save from their keeper. 

Just so frustrating today leaving the ground. BUT, our goal difference is within 3 of Birmingham now I believe. I think Huddersfield are a goner. They can't get going and I think that goal difference that we've clawed back on Brum could come into play. Monday. We need to get something.. Before next weekend which is absolutely as HUGE as they come now. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, KrolMong said:

We were not marking from set pieces earlier. But this time we let their best header of a ball stand 7 yards out completely unmarked. Abysmal. 

We are generally poor from set pieces, we look susceptible all the time and today was a rare goal scored for us from one. I think we have a set play coach too which makes it even worse

24 minutes ago, HoylandOwl said:

It did feel like 2 points lost walking out of the ground.. The chances we had in the final 20 mins should have won us the game though, but for poor finishing/bad decision making in crucial moments. 

The first half while very passive, was one of those where it seemed very much like our gameplay to let them have more of the ball, and for the most part it worked. But my god it was frustrating to watch. Naturally we're not going to be told pre game that's what we're going to do, but DR on the radio almost confirmed it post game. It looked like we'd knocked their belief out of them when we scored, they'd huffed and puffed and done very little but spent so much time in our half.. Then to see us go up the other end and score must have been demoralising. Massive praise for Cadamarteri all round for the goal too, his attitude and endeavour to not give up on the bouncing ball which then resulted in the free kick on him, which he scored from instinctively. 

I thought we started the second half like the first half, a little passive, but we grew into it... And their goal was undeserved, and handball (I've since seen it as I couldn't see at the time). Then we turned the screw back in our favour, taking more positive possession, and driving with the ball more but.... Then the ref took centre stage. The ref, overall I thought had an ok game, but chuffing hell he missed a couple of stinkers towards the end. That 'tackle' on Igbo after the blocked shot from Musaba I think it was, was horrific. It almost looked like Ugbo had dived for the ball, maybe that's what he thought he'd done. But it wasn't a dive, he was absolutely poleaxed. 

I really don't want to see Malik Wilks in our shirt ever again, I've said it for months now. His decision making is shite, his delivery is shite (that cross straight to their keeper, when we were going for the winner late on).. Smith did ok when he came on I thought, worked very hard and almost set up Johnson for a winner, but for a save from their keeper. 

Just so frustrating today leaving the ground. BUT, our goal difference is within 3 of Birmingham now I believe. I think Huddersfield are a goner. They can't get going and I think that goal difference that we've clawed back on Brum could come into play. Monday. We need to get something.. Before next weekend which is absolutely as HUGE as they come now. 

10 on the goal difference Tee

In a game where you’re looking for a goal and don’t have to counter attack as much then I’d pick Gregory over Wilks any time. If he’s got to chase the ball down those days are gone but he won’t lose the instincts that have served him well. We have mainly had to rely on counter attacks though this season 

51 minutes ago, HoylandOwl said:

Even with those extra digits your counting is atrocious.....I'll let you off....

Oddly, I thought we improved when Johnson and Valentin got up the pitch, but, both players final decisions were really bad. I thought Valentin was very close to man of the match today. Vaulks pipped him just.

In fairness, I don’t think there were any bad displays with the exception of Malik Wilks who was atrocious again.

But… every goal we concede is avoidable. And whilst we create a lot. We miss a lot. Outside of Ugbo and maybe Cadamarteri, we dont have a hang your hat poacher. And goals are not coming from other areas, beyond the odd one or two from a Musaba or Gassama.

Quite an incredible stat this is that not one central defender has found the net this season. The centre of our midfield has amassed a total of 5 goals this season. Those two stats alone are atrocious.

10 minutes ago, Have I got Nevs for you. said:

We really needed the win today and in my opinion we've now been left with just too much to do to stay in the Championship. I'll be more than happy to be proved wrong, but I'm not, wrong that is.

It'll be an interesting close season. As far as DC goes, as Winston Churchill would say, "This is not the end. It is not even the beginning of the end. But it is, perhaps, the end of the beginning." 

And as MK so eloquently puts it, £150 million, spent, wasted. OK. It's his money, that goes without saying but he really hasn't done us any favours at all. It's his money, fair enough but he's brought this club to it's knees and sooner or later we all have to reject the doctrine of "I own it so can do as I wish" in favour of the fact that there's other stakeholders to take into consideration, which is the fans. Whatever happened to the "We're going for it" statement at the beginning of the season.

I'm not saying we need a new owner, I'm saying this one is garbage. I don't know what the answer is, but it isn't DC, I've come to realise that now. Anyone think it is, well, I can't fault your loyalty and I genuinely hope it works out for you, and me as it happens.

We're in bottom 3 on goal difference, if you think we've got too much to do now I wonder what your thoughts were when we were 10 points and more adrift around last Christmas. 

If someone had said to me before Christmas that we would be in this position come Easter I would have thought they were bonkers. 

It won't be easy but I think safety is still achievable despite today's result. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Have I got Nevs for you. said:

I'm not after an argument my friend. He took us to the edge of the PL and now we're on the edge of relegation to the 3rd division. Believe me, the fans will walk if we go down, he's relied on goodwill way too long and the time is coming to an end. As a Wednesdayite, I'm just fed up of waiting. I wouldn't mind so much if we hadn't had a pot to piss in, but the fact of the matter is we had. Spout all you want that the financial loss is all his, I really don't give a fuck. I support the team. The team fails and you can stick your financial stuff where the sun don't shine. UTO. Hope that explained it all for you.

Pipe down sausage and fuck off

• Haha 1

Frustrating today, quite a few looked off it I thought. Felt sorry for BTC when he got hooked, fully expected it to be Musaba who looks a shadow of the player we saw at the start of the season. There was a moment in the second half when we broke and the ball fell to him with only really one defender in front of him and he passed it back to Neymarv...very uncharacteristic. On another occasion he turned his man in the box, then inexplicably put it back on his left to try and beat him again...and lost it.

Pol gets better every game for me and was my MOTM, although I did think Vaulks did well. Biggest frustration was that we didn't press their defence enough. When we did they struggled, but we just didn't do it enough.

Frustrated with the result, but we created enough chances to win two games, anyway I'm off to find a pineapple 😳

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Have I got Nevs for you. said:

I'm not after an argument my friend. He took us to the edge of the PL and now we're on the edge of relegation to the 3rd division. Believe me, the fans will walk if we go down, he's relied on goodwill way too long and the time is coming to an end. As a Wednesdayite, I'm just fed up of waiting. I wouldn't mind so much if we hadn't had a pot to piss in, but the fact of the matter is we had. Spout all you want that the financial loss is all his, I really don't give a fuck. I support the team. The team fails and you can stick your financial stuff where the sun don't shine. UTO. Hope that explained it all for you.

Reasoned debate is ways welcome.

Enjoy your evening 

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, Have I got Nevs for you. said:

You need to calm down a bit mate, I feel as frustrated as you, suggest you do what I did and lay down and take deep breaths but take Hargreaves cock out of your mouth it'll make it easier.

1 hour ago, Have I got Nevs for you. said:

... we've too much to do and we're going down.

One point off safety with only seven games left.  It seems 'mission impossible'.  Has it ever been done?  

• Like 2

For me it was really noticeable yesterday that we lacked ball retention with both Poveda and Bannan out. (And we all struggle when we can’t retain our balls don’t we). it was no surprise that we got some attacking impetus when Bannan came on.

Gassama also made a difference, I don’t understand why Musaba starts ahead of him. The latter gives the ball away far too much for me.

Strange how often it happens that one minute you are an inch away from 2-0, the next it’s 1-1. I think 9 times out of 10 it’s a handball but think the ref was OK generally, not the worst we’ve had but it wasn’t a difficult game for him really.

I think most of us had yesterday down as 3 points when looking at where we might end up so it does feel like a step back. But, as my mate said, this is Wednesday so we will probably go and win on Monday.

7 games to go and only in the relegation zone on goal difference, how can that be anywhere near all over.

• Like 1

I’m not sure what’s serious and what’s tongue in cheek on here.

I’m gutted we couldn’t hold out for 3 points yesterday but would I have snatched your hand off to be level on points with 4th bottom with 7 games to go after the drubbing at Huddersfield. Abso bloody lutely 

• Like 5

40 minutes ago, Chelters said:

For me it was really noticeable yesterday that we lacked ball retention with both Poveda and Bannan out. (And we all struggle when we can’t retain our balls don’t we). it was no surprise that we got some attacking impetus when Bannan came on.

Gassama also made a difference, I don’t understand why Musaba starts ahead of him. The latter gives the ball away far too much for me.

Strange how often it happens that one minute you are an inch away from 2-0, the next it’s 1-1. I think 9 times out of 10 it’s a handball but think the ref was OK generally, not the worst we’ve had but it wasn’t a difficult game for him really.

I think most of us had yesterday down as 3 points when looking at where we might end up so it does feel like a step back. But, as my mate said, this is Wednesday so we will probably go and win on Monday.

7 games to go and only in the relegation zone on goal difference, how can that be anywhere near all over.

Musaba is so good at times, and then so frustrating others. He reminds me of JJ so much in that respect. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Reesh said:

Even with those extra digits your counting is atrocious.....I'll let you off....

I was looking at live score during the game, and I thought that is what it said, but it was absolutely pissing it down.... And yeah. Senility has set in. Years ago. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, HoylandOwl said:

Musaba is so good at times, and then so frustrating others. He reminds me of JJ so much in that respect. 

I like Musaba, I think he’ll be a better player than Gassama long term but I think both will be very good players.

Musaba is very good at running into open space. It’s not just about receiving the ball and beating someone, he wants to get behind people. With both Gassama and Musaba, the biggest weakness is the final decision. That’s what has to improve and will come with more experience in this league.

3 minutes ago, KrolMong said:

I like Musaba, I think he’ll be a better player than Gassama long term but I think both will be very good players.

Musaba is very good at running into open space. It’s not just about receiving the ball and beating someone, he wants to get behind people. With both Gassama and Musaba, the biggest weakness is the final decision. That’s what has to improve and will come with more experience in this league.

Musaba is a get in behind running onto the ball type, with Gassama better with the ball into his feet then turning. IMO.

But I'm with you that they're both very good potentially and we've definitely seen glimpses of their ability.