Will we be good enough Friday to Swan our way up the table?

23 minutes ago, Skamp said:

Too many JJ type build ups.  Great passing, quick and incisive and then a fuck up with the final movement of play.

Both are in their first season in the physical English 2nd tier and both are under 23.....plenty of time to improve yet some writing them off. Sums up our fanbase.

Edited by Reesh

37 minutes ago, Reesh said:

Both are in their first season in the physical English 2nd tier and both are under 23.....plenty of time to improve yet some writing them off. Sums up our fanbase.

I think that was said when we had Antonio, he did alright on the end. But the reason they are playing in the Championship not the EPL is the lack of consistency and split second decision making.

Bannan didn't succeed at that level because he never had the engine or physicality to match the passing

The difference is in the Championship the good opportunities don't necessarily appear every 5 minutes. The one from Vaulks in the first half, the shot from Valentin in the 2nd. Both at worst have to work the keeper.

Last season we missed plenty of those, cost us against the better sides, but invariably like buses another one came along against the poorer ones. 

Then unfortunately whilst it's only 1 Nil that old cliche never fails and one lapse at the back. Previous Wednesday teams would have probably lost 2 -1 as well.

In the end it was disappointing not to have earned 3 points and only gained 1 (to appease some), but there are decent signs amongst the common weaknesses.

The next 2 away games will say a lot about our chances, given how poor it has been

1 hour ago, Reesh said:

Nobody's writing anyone off. Just stating the facts of yesterday's game.  We could have had 6 and really should have had 2 before they even scored.

2 hours ago, HoylandOwl said:

Musaba is so good at times, and then so frustrating others. He reminds me of JJ so much in that respect. 

He was absolutely bone idle for huge chunks yesterday, an absolute disgrace.  

Why the hell do we keep fielding Wilks?  We'd be better off with ten men.

Yesterday was a shocker: we have to play better than that if we're going to achieve 'The Great Escape: Season Two.'

44 minutes ago, Owling_Wolf said:

Yesterday was a shocker: we have to play better than that if we're going to achieve 'The Great Escape: Season Two.'

Shouldn't be anywhere near the match day squad, Gregory must be thinking what have I done wrong when Wilks does sweet FA....

Poveda and Bannan were both massive misses yesterday, let's be honest.

Vaulks was superb yesterday but the thought of having Palmer next to him made me weep.

Noticed Momo Diaby was no where near the match day squad yesterday.

What a mess Rohl has inherited, yet the job he is doing is mind blowing to say the least.

4 hours ago, owl4ever1867 said:

Poveda and Bannan were both massive misses yesterday, let's be honest.

Vaulks was superb yesterday but the thought of having Palmer next to him made me weep.

Noticed Momo Diaby was no where near the match day squad yesterday.

What a mess Rohl has inherited, yet the job he is doing is mind blowing to say the least.

Recalling Hendrick to squad tells me we might not see this Diaby again this season. 

Poveda is a big miss made worse when Bannan is also missing. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Owling_Wolf said:

Not sure about that tbh.  The general level of performance in the second half was good imo, poor finishing aside.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, JBO said:

Not sure about that tbh.  The general level of performance in the second half was good imo, poor finishing aside.

JBO. What motor you driving these days? I thought I saw you on the M1 after the game but wasn't sure if it was you.... 

11 hours ago, JBO said:

I'm driving the same car I have for about 15 years, a shitty Focus😄 but I wasn't on the M1 yesterday

It wasn’t you then. 
The number plate had JB and Owl….

And it looked like you driving …. A Volvo