Season Tickets Early Bird

I think the prices are decent.

Weird q (and I'd ring the ticket office, but I can't get through). I want to add 2 more season tickets, there are no spaces where we sit and I don't really want to move. Given there's every chance someone round us wont renew, how the fuck do I do that without waiting until the last possible moment? Do I buy 2 random ones and hope we can move later or is there a better way?!

1 hour ago, Otto_Man said:

I think the prices are decent.

Weird q (and I'd ring the ticket office, but I can't get through). I want to add 2 more season tickets, there are no spaces where we sit and I don't really want to move. Given there's every chance someone round us wont renew, how the fuck do I do that without waiting until the last possible moment? Do I buy 2 random ones and hope we can move later or is there a better way?!

Yes, buying random ones is the only way I think. They will allow you to change them afterwards. I’ve done it a couple of times lately.

• Like 1

All renewed - as people pointed out prices slightly over 20/21 prices and slightly over the 2015 summer window prices.

Would love it cheaper of course and I just hope if we ever get promoted prices don’t radically jump 

41 minutes ago, EBRA said:

All renewed - as people pointed out prices slightly over 20/21 prices and slightly over the 2015 summer window prices.

Would love it cheaper of course and I just hope if we ever get promoted prices don’t radically jump 

Repeat the point in here, a 40 quid rise over 9 years seems not bad.

Genuinely did we complain in the 90s when it went up - it seemed - by that amount every summer. Time dulls the memory on that front.

The value of season tickets at the first phase prices is not something a shotgun should be levelled at him for.

• Like 1

I think in the grand scheme of things that the pricing is reasonable. I did a bit of scouting and we are in line with the rest of the division.

Yep, the phase 1 window could be longer. Although they generally extend anyway depending on uptake.

What might be harder to take is those prices for league one. That would be a bridge too far for those who wait, it’s imperative for DC to give Rohl the tools he needs to give us the best chance of stopping up.

5 hours ago, KrolMong said:

I think in the grand scheme of things that the pricing is reasonable. I did a bit of scouting and we are in line with the rest of the division.

Yep, the phase 1 window could be longer. Although they generally extend anyway depending on uptake.

What might be harder to take is those prices for league one. That would be a bridge too far for those who wait, it’s imperative for DC to give Rohl the tools he needs to give us the best chance of stopping up.

Last time we went down to Lg1 I was part way through a 5 year s.t.  The club reduced my prices. (Put me in credit.)  Used the credit amount first against cup tickets and away game tickets. More than fair.  And not just the first season down. 

Edited by Owling_Wolf
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, Owling_Wolf said:

Last time we went down to Lg1 I was part way through a 5 year s.t.  The club reduced my prices. (Put me in credit.)  Used the credit amount first against cup tickets and away game tickets. More than fair.  And not just the first season down. 

How dare you skew the narrative that everything we do is WRONG AND EVIL

2 minutes ago, Hirstys 12th Pint said:

Checked earlier today and this was actually a later phase rather than the first release.  Think Kop was £370 if I remember rightly.

Not sure there were any early bird phasing under Milan mate but always happy to be educated 👍

Re the pic above. 

Seen a few people posting things like that across social media. Then, they go, oh, but the North/South has gone up waaaay too much. 

Looking at those prices and comparing. 

Kop +£5.

North/Grandstand +£15

South -£10. 

Horrendous pricing LMAO.

Doesn't fit the narrative of SOME. And I think even if you showed them this, you'd then get. Oh, but this is league one pricing for next season. Well F off you pessimistic pricks. 

Anyway. AS I say, the easy bird period is way too short. That's my biggest gripe. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, HoylandOwl said:

Re the pic above. 

Seen a few people posting things like that across social media. Then, they go, oh, but the North/South has gone up waaaay too much. 

Looking at those prices and comparing. 

Kop +£5.

North/Grandstand +£15

South -£10. 

Horrendous pricing LMAO.

Doesn't fit the narrative of SOME. And I think even if you showed them this, you'd then get. Oh, but this is league one pricing for next season. Well F off you pessimistic pricks. 

Anyway. AS I say, the easy bird period is way too short. That's my biggest gripe. 

Tell us more about this easy bird period...  👀

🤣

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Owling_Wolf said:

Tell us more about this easy bird period...  👀

🤣

13 hours ago, HoylandOwl said:

WOW. I never thought you of all people would go anywhere near that! HAHA

10 hours ago, Owling_Wolf said:

You know naaaarthing.   😁

Ffs!  I was driving home from the match when it occurred to me what you were (probably) referring to.  🤯

No, I was not referring to tarts, thanks very much!   Nor anything that occurs regularly.   😈

Edited by Owling_Wolf
  • Haha 1

Well the season ticket sales pitch of the Watford and Huddersfield games have not gone as well as hoped.  

Whats everyone doing ?  Renewed already, renewing next couple of days or bailing out.

Don't think I am brave enough to bail out after 30+ years having a season ticket but is it time to break the cycle.  Our tickets come to £900 but based on the Birmingham game prices would cost £1500+ on a game by game basis. 

38 minutes ago, cheat said:

Just done mine.

Is everyone else being forced down the PayPal route?

Not particularly a problem, but it forced me to even though I tried to choose the ‘or Credit/Debit card option.

Done ours yesterday
As for the PayPal thing, you can pay through that without having an account anyway. The awkward thing is that it’s another click…. Nothing else. 

Just renewed mine, but fuck me it was a lot of effort.  Haven’t used my PayPal account for a few years and had an old, deactivated phone number stored against it.  Ended up having to phone their customer services as they kept sending 2fa verification codes to the old number.  Reminded me why I hate PayPal. 🙄

29 minutes ago, owl71 said:

Just renewed mine, but fuck me it was a lot of effort.  Haven’t used my PayPal account for a few years and had an old, deactivated phone number stored against it.  Ended up having to phone their customer services as they kept sending 2fa verification codes to the old number.  Reminded me why I hate PayPal. 🙄

I can feel your pain. I use PP all the time so was straightforward. I'd imagine that ideally the club would want to offer a credit card option but, for whatever reason, this avenue has been denied.

Caught a few minutes of FB last night when I was in the car (I know I’ve only myself to blame) but they were whipping things up about how the club should be explaining the approach to paying for the early bird season tickets. Talk about needy, even if it a bit of a pain.

Edited by Tank_Owl2,0

Just now, Tank_Owl2,0 said:

Caught a few minutes of FB last night when I was in the car (I know I’ve only myself to blame) but they were whipping things up about how the club should be explaining the approach to paying for the early bird season tickets. Talk about needy, even if it a bit of a pain.

Station's part of the protest.

He's the 'journo' who always backs up the 1867's releases.

Anyway, looked on Scunthorpe's site and here it is. So it does look like a wider problem.

https://www.scunthorpe-united.co.uk/tickets/12th-man-packages/

Screenshot_20240206_173405_Brave.jpg

2 minutes ago, Tank_Owl2,0 said:

I heard it, they were making out that everyone had to go down to ground with wadds of money to renew season tickets, they never mentioned being able to buy online. 

• Like 1