Jump to content

Season Tickets Early Bird


Recommended Posts

8 hours ago, holmesfield_owl said:

Don't like the short deadlines and tbh I didn't want one for next season.

Now, if I choose to get one for 25/26 season I've basically got what 10 months or thereabouts to put away say £500-600. £50-60 a month then buy in phase 1. Easy to plan ahead and hardly that noticeable each month really I wouldn't say and I'm not exactly loaded most weeks

I do like the Hull City option where you pay in effect a monthly subscription for a season ticket. I mean for the Club finances there would be a significant one off unfavourable cash flow event, but thereafter you would get fairly constant cash in and football in the main with wage costs has fairly predictable cash outflows.

Thereafter, like most subscription services you almost autorenew for 2 years, then you might question it when you notice the price creep.

But where you have this big announcement of prices and it increasing year on year, its a fairly hefty amount anyway, you then ponder the value for money etc and may not renew.

The surprise is that more clubs don't follow a subscription model

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, mkowl said:

The surprise is that more clubs don't follow a subscription model

I think more will do going forward, we live in a world where many things ‘entertainment’ are paid for that way, so I can see it happening.

It has worked for Hull, but if I’m not mistaken, wasn’t it berated when it was introduced?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, HoylandOwl said:

I think more will do going forward, we live in a world where many things ‘entertainment’ are paid for that way, so I can see it happening.

It has worked for Hull, but if I’m not mistaken, wasn’t it berated when it was introduced?

You'd need a pretty stable club and fanbase.

 

Would be lunacy to put it in here, with the entire 'put money into the club, part of the problem' hypocrites persuading people to cancel the DD.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, Tewksbury said:

You'd need a pretty stable club and fanbase.

 

Would be lunacy to put it in here, with the entire 'put money into the club, part of the problem' hypocrites persuading people to cancel the DD.

Yep and most 'haven't attended in years' hypocrites. As you say not for us as things stand.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, Teddy Nickelarse said:

Yep and most 'haven't attended in years' hypocrites. As you say not for us as things stand.

 

 

Bolton do it too.

Same sort of club, upper midtable, flirt with the playoffs, fine if they don't get them or go up.

They're the only type of teams who could realistically pull it off with how fickle and emotional fans get.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Tewksbury said:

You'd need a pretty stable club and fanbase.

 

Would be lunacy to put it in here, with the entire 'put money into the club, part of the problem' hypocrites persuading people to cancel the DD.

Tbf the vast majority of our fan base would ignore the noise from others. Watching Wednesday thru thin and thinner is ingrained in them. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, mkowl said:

Tbf the vast majority of our fan base would ignore the noise from others. Watching Wednesday thru thin and thinner is ingrained in them. 

Thing is, it doesn't take many charge backs or cancelled DDs to cause more trouble than it's worth.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, Tewksbury said:

Thing is, it doesn't take many charge backs or cancelled DDs to cause more trouble than it's worth.

In theory you can't cancel a DD until the end of the contract

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, mkowl said:

In theory you can't cancel a DD until the end of the contract

In theory.

There's still enough idiots and misinformation to make it not worth it to the club.

All it takes is someone saying some rubbish like 'terrible football isn't what we paid for, Chansiri promised top 6 football so we don't have to pay' and even a few to believe it and you're screwed.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Easily solved.

Monthly or annual payment.

If you cancel you're charged or refunded the difference between the total value of each game you've attended (at PotD rates) and what you've paid in so far.

There'll be very few annual subscribers cancelling. 

If you cancel a monthly subscription, then you can't restart during the same football season s will be tied into PotD rates.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, Andyben said:

Easily solved.

Monthly or annual payment.

If you cancel you're charged or refunded the difference between the total value of each game you've attended (at PotD rates) and what you've paid in so far.

There'll be very few annual subscribers cancelling. 

If you cancel a monthly subscription, then you can't restart during the same football season s will be tied into PotD rates.

Some of the shit I have signed up for years without realising and then you still end up paying another year because you didn't cancel 90 days pre the renewal.

More random one was the hot water boiler thing. Just 3 years to go and I don't even have it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
44 minutes ago, cheat said:

Meanwhile, back in 1979-80

IMG_0137.jpeg

And that’s what some fans expect to pay now 😃

My rough calculation would mean £47 is worth about £300 now, but you bean counters can probably do a better job in working what the equivalent would be.

Edited by Tank_Owl2,0
Link to comment
Share on other sites

38 minutes ago, Tank_Owl2,0 said:

And that’s what some fans expect to pay now 😃

My rough calculation would mean £47 is worth about £300 now, but you bean counters can probably do a better job in working what the equivalent would be.

A better comparison would be calculating it as a percentage of the average yearly wage. 

Can't find a figure for 79, but in 78 the average yearly wage was £3269, so a £46.90 season ticket equates to 1.43%.

This year the average yearly wage is £34,963 and a £630 season ticket (south stand phase 1) equates to 1.80%.

Believe we were in the second tier both seasons(?)

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Otto_Man said:

A better comparison would be calculating it as a percentage of the average yearly wage. 

Can't find a figure for 79, but in 78 the average yearly wage was £3269, so a £46.90 season ticket equates to 1.43%.

This year the average yearly wage is £34,963 and a £630 season ticket (south stand phase 1) equates to 1.80%.

Believe we were in the second tier both seasons(?)

3rd division in 79-80. It was the Jack Charlton promotion season, featuring of course the BDM.

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

30 minutes ago, cheat said:

3rd division in 79-80. It was the Jack Charlton promotion season, featuring of course the BDM.

 

Of course! Cheers cheat.

Kind of suggests that ticket prices haven't changed all that much...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...