The let’s Macham pay this Friday night fred

Skamp

2 minutes ago, Andyben said:

Why bother watching?

This was always gonna happen.

I've had a nice evening with the Mrs drinking some sublime  cocktails and Wednesday never crossed my mind (apart from some chats with a few pals off here) 

There more to life. 

Start doing something else now.

Our club is done. Finished. End. Of. 

I'm watching the NZ vs Italy game with the Wife, I'm not wasting 90 minutes of my life of they can't be arsed.

This is on the owner. Hasn’t sacked that clown of a manager who can’t organise a defence and has an obsession with passing from the back, and making his statements this am. Absolute cloud over the whole club. 

Had he acted in the week and got someone in to organise this team maybe were still in this game 

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, TheExile said:

This is on the owner. Hasn’t sacked that clown of a manager who can’t organise a defence and has an obsession with passing from the back, and making his statements this am. Absolute cloud over the whole club. 

Had he acted in the week and got someone in to organise this team maybe were still in this game 

It'll take a new manager weeks to get this garbage organized, it's a shambles.

1 minute ago, owl4ever1867 said:

It would but even the simple call of not passing around the back stops the first goal. And playing no nonsense defenders. 

trying to run before we can walk has most likely set us back years

• Like 1

1 minute ago, owl4ever1867 said:

Players aren’t good enough either for this level, neither the ones we have signed nor the ones from last season. There’s a horrific lack of desire from every single player on the pitch, not even to make themselves look good in a bad team.

This is not retrievable I’m afraid.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, KrolMong said:

Players aren’t good enough either for this level, neither the ones we have signed nor the ones from last season. There’s a horrific lack of desire from every single player on the pitch, not even to make themselves look good in a bad team.

This is not retrievable I’m afraid.

There’s a gulf but looking at Huddersfield they didn’t look much better but lots more confident in a simple style of play and up for it. The confidence of this team has been destroyed by all the talk of needing to play from the back and mark zonally. Even wholehearted players like Paterson look completely beaten.

We do really lack any kind of physicality and legs in the middle of the pitch though 

17 minutes ago, mkowlthesexynewversion said:

And Chansiri will now deliberately keep Munoz just for spite 

That is another annoying thing for me...

Dawson was slagged to fuck, still is, for letting in goals when the team wasn't playing well, crap even, but it was still all Dawsons fault.

But we now have a keeper that is playing every game, no matter what mistakes he makes and is costing us goals galore...

Yet the same people slagging Dawson never mention him as a cause for goals, unreal.

Following the Middlesbrough match, my thoughts included:

Buckley is way too slow and offers fuck all.

Fletcher is absolutely useless.

Diaby is a headcase.

Not impressed with Vasquez.

After tonight, I can't say I've altered any of those opinions.

A couple of other comments:

Musaba has all the ball control of the Wiseman cow.

The fact Jeff Hendrick played the full game says loads about the current situation.

No pass marks. All inept.

Anyway. Onwards to WBA. Here's to winning the coin toss, a corner and 3 throw ins.

7 minutes ago, owl4ever1867 said:

Jos Luckhay

Alan Irvine

Peter Eustace

You can include Dooley in that list...

But IMHO, Xisco takes the title because he will not change.

1 up front (sometimes that 1 upfront is on the wing) and spending 80-90 percent (Guessing, could be a bit less, but could be a lot more) of possession across your own back line when needing to win games is a mockery of coaching and management.

Edited by MAL

Where to start? Players had zero confidence in the first half; they’d just gone.

First goal was all down to the fannying about at the back, and then Vasquez surely should have done better from the corner. We’re conceding so easily from corners - it wasn’t like it was anything special they tried. Is it down to the zonal marking?

Second half was a little better, but let’s face it Sunderland had pretty much declared, and still looked more likely to add to their lead than we did to get one back.

The manager has got to go, he seems to be clueless. Nearly a quarter into the season and can anyone really tell what he’s trying to do?

Edited by cheat

I can’t even be mad anymore after Swansea away I don’t feel sorry for myself I can just shrug it off with mi dad we’ve been going long enough to deal with it we’ve been here there and everywhere before. What’s really upsetting me is I got my kids into this did I give them a choice? Not really they were born to be owls and that’s it. I can go to work with pigs and other local fans and take them laughing at me and I can just say how bad it is etc etc 

My kids are now learning to deal with it but it’s hard it’s breaking my heart to see my daughter getting snap after snap mates just laughing at us taking the piss. All I can do is give her a big hug and tell her it won’t always be like this it gets better we support them always and fuck the rest.

We left early tonight 80 minutes and she turned to me and said “Dad you said we never leave early we stay till the end” That’s broken me tonight I can’t explain it to her I can’t make it better I just had to leave. Didn’t want to get caught up in any protest shite at back of south stand just wanted to get away.

I don’t know where we go from here today I can’t reason how bad it is I can’t say it will get better I can’t explain how every team seems to be playing with an extra man in midfield against us and I still put a fiver on us to win 2-1. 

Im upset I’m frustrated and I’ve lost the one thing that I look forward to doing for the passion the laughs the hope the excitement. All gone.

Sorry for the heart pouring but I’m trying to put it into perspective but I’m done.

Take care everyone and look after yersens.

and I haven’t even had a drink tonight 

💙💙💙💙💙😢😢

• Sad 1

We’re unorganised, spineless, and tonight was the opposite of a team performance.

While most of the players didn’t cover themselves in glory, I will praise Musaba who kept going and was the one at least trying to drive us forward, and Gregory worked hard with VERY little reward for his efforts.

If we don’t go down it will be a miracle, this is not knee jerk, it’s based on what we’ve seen so far. It’s absolutely atrocious. 

If he’s not sacked then, well, if DC hasn’t signed the death knell of any goodwill already in the last 24 hours with that statement then, keeping Xisco will. 

I’ve seen some shit teams in my Time watching Wednesday. This one takes the cake. Not in terms of the individuals because we had a LOT worse in that regard but as a group right now. It’s so bad. 

I do think the sum of the parts COULD be better. But on current performance levels. It’s as bad as it gets 

45 minutes ago, HappyOwl said:

I can’t even be mad anymore after Swansea away I don’t feel sorry for myself I can just shrug it off with mi dad we’ve been going long enough to deal with it we’ve been here there and everywhere before. What’s really upsetting me is I got my kids into this did I give them a choice? Not really they were born to be owls and that’s it. I can go to work with pigs and other local fans and take them laughing at me and I can just say how bad it is etc etc 

My kids are now learning to deal with it but it’s hard it’s breaking my heart to see my daughter getting snap after snap mates just laughing at us taking the piss. All I can do is give her a big hug and tell her it won’t always be like this it gets better we support them always and fuck the rest.

We left early tonight 80 minutes and she turned to me and said “Dad you said we never leave early we stay till the end” That’s broken me tonight I can’t explain it to her I can’t make it better I just had to leave. Didn’t want to get caught up in any protest shite at back of south stand just wanted to get away.

I don’t know where we go from here today I can’t reason how bad it is I can’t say it will get better I can’t explain how every team seems to be playing with an extra man in midfield against us and I still put a fiver on us to win 2-1. 

Im upset I’m frustrated and I’ve lost the one thing that I look forward to doing for the passion the laughs the hope the excitement. All gone.

Sorry for the heart pouring but I’m trying to put it into perspective but I’m done.

💙💙💙💙💙😢😢

Sad to read that, pal. You're right though: just think how good it'll feel when you both agree that (by then) we are much better again. The only thing we don't know is when. 

• Like 1

Whilst we have been piss poor until last night I had never really questioned the effort levels. 

But that was lacking last night. A combination of on and off the pitch matters. Munoz simply has no clue on how to coach them. But to any Chansiri empathisers, that statement 12 hours pre kick off, basically threatening their livelihood, please explain how that did not impact.

The chalk and cheese compared to that Sunderland squad was palpable. Is there budget substantially in excess of ours. We may be reliant on Chansiri's money but he has fuck all clue how to create a football team.

It is interesting and perhaps the one hope we have. It wasn't that long ago that Sunderland were a car crash in terms of off the field operations. It took time but they now look in a good place.

This is the reason Chansiri needs to stepaside. He will never, despite his money, have the required abilities of management and delegation to improve out fortunes. Even if we did, we would be sat waiting for it to implode

• Like 1

7 hours ago, HappyOwl said:

💙💙💙💙💙😢😢

That’s shit to read but I get it. But as you say, it gets better and won’t always be like this. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, HoylandOwl said:

That’s shit to read but I get it. But as you say, it gets better and won’t always be like this. 

We said that 25 years ago. The day I become immune to us being shit will be the day I stop. 

But there is only one way to stop this current rot. Clearly there is no guarantee that any next owner(s) would stop it, it could get worse. 

Until we adopt some semblance of a sustainable plan then this cycle of doom with the odd glimmer of hope is going to continue. 

And Chansiri is carrying that torch now, but everyone else failed in the 20 years proceeding. 

We all pass the burden to our kids, with hope exceeding expectations. 

He is the worst manager we have ever had. And we’ve had some right shit over the years.

I am going to assume he’s had some say in what we have signed. Now, how many of them look like Championship quality? Bernard? Maybe Musaba? The rest… nope, not seeing it. Every players positive assets are outweighed by the negatives. Take Valentin… he absolutely cannot defend, and I mean even basic things. Look at Diaby, he’d struggle in League One. Even the Championship experience has been poor in Buckley and Hendrick. I feel sorry for Buckley because in a team that has the ball, he’s a decent player. But he’s a liability in a team that doesn’t have the ball.

Now, we then look at style and set-up and break it into with and without the ball. With the ball, absolutely no pattern or plan and the players look lost, we are neither a possession team, or a counter team because we don’t have footballers or athletes and power. But without the ball, it’s embarrassing. We stand in a pressing position, but stand… we do the high block without any form of running to close people down, teams just pop a pass through a line and they are behind our midfield and facing our centre halves. And then when we do a low block, we don’t have players who can put their foot in. So teams pass it in front of us until a player overcommits and then they create an overload and we are in trouble.

This guy is honestly the worst manager I’ve ever seen.

• Thanks 4

26 minutes ago, HoylandOwl said:

Even taking into account how shit a manager he is, he deserves sacking for that interview alone. You can go on about Luhukay, Irvine, Eustace, Monk etc. None of them came across as bad as this clown does.

And yet Chansiri raved about how he came across at interview!

The only conclusion I can draw from that is that they can’t have been talking about football. 

4 minutes ago, KrolMong said:

But without the ball, it’s embarrassing. We stand in a pressing position, but stand… we do the high block without any form of running to close people down, teams just pop a pass through a line and they are behind our midfield and facing our centre halves. And then when we do a low block, we don’t have players who can put their foot in. So teams pass it in front of us until a player overcommits and then they create an overload and we are in trouble.

This part of KM’s post is so true. It drove me absolutely nuts last night. Watching Sunderland have the ball, within 5 yards of our players, and SO MANY times we just sat off, let them pass it through the lines without as much as even a lazy leg to try to block it….. I lost my shit a few times. 
What compounds the shit we’re seeing is the likes of Byers LOOK like they can’t be arsed, as his ‘all action style’ has just gone. It’s like it’s been coached out of him because I can’t see someone like him giving up the ghost. 

10 minutes ago, KrolMong said:

He is the worst manager we have ever had. And we’ve had some right shit over the years.

I am going to assume he’s had some say in what we have signed. Now, how many of them look like Championship quality? Bernard? Maybe Musaba? The rest… nope, not seeing it. Every players positive assets are outweighed by the negatives. Take Valentin… he absolutely cannot defend, and I mean even basic things. Look at Diaby, he’d struggle in League One. Even the Championship experience has been poor in Buckley and Hendrick. I feel sorry for Buckley because in a team that has the ball, he’s a decent player. But he’s a liability in a team that doesn’t have the ball.

Now, we then look at style and set-up and break it into with and without the ball. With the ball, absolutely no pattern or plan and the players look lost, we are neither a possession team, or a counter team because we don’t have footballers or athletes and power. But without the ball, it’s embarrassing. We stand in a pressing position, but stand… we do the high block without any form of running to close people down, teams just pop a pass through a line and they are behind our midfield and facing our centre halves. And then when we do a low block, we don’t have players who can put their foot in. So teams pass it in front of us until a player overcommits and then they create an overload and we are in trouble.

This guy is honestly the worst manager I’ve ever seen.

I’m quoting myself here…

There is zero fitness work happening, some players are blowing after 30 minutes. At this level, the one thing you can do is match workrate even if it is misguided. We can’t, we get outrun every game.

And something I didn’t know… our average age is still the highest in the division.