The let’s Macham pay this Friday night fred

Skamp

3 minutes ago, HoylandOwl said:

This part of KM’s post is so true. It drove me absolutely nuts last night. Watching Sunderland have the ball, within 5 yards of our players, and SO MANY times we just sat off, let them pass it through the lines without as much as even a lazy leg to try to block it….. I lost my shit a few times. 
What compounds the shit we’re seeing is the likes of Byers LOOK like they can’t be arsed, as his ‘all action style’ has just gone. It’s like it’s been coached out of him because I can’t see someone like him giving up the ghost. 

Byers doesn’t look fit enough to play at this level. He was done after 25 minutes last night. He has the ability, but he doesn’t have the legs and mobility. And now he doesn’t have the fitness.

He was given a lesson last night, Sunderland went after him and just ran off his shoulder knowing he couldn’t cope with it.

5 minutes ago, KrolMong said:

Byers doesn’t look fit enough to play at this level. He was done after 25 minutes last night. He has the ability, but he doesn’t have the legs and mobility. And now he doesn’t have the fitness.

He was given a lesson last night, Sunderland went after him and just ran off his shoulder knowing he couldn’t cope with it.

There’s quite a few of them who don’t look fit enough, Byers when not injured last season was the opposite of not fit. 
Which suggests either he’s not anywhere near this level of a player (which I don’t agree with) or, the preparation for the season/games is lacklustre to say the least 

Look at Plymouth and Ipswich. Have they replaced nearly every player from last season and begun the season with a new side/squad of players? No!

Are they looking out of their depth and struggling in this division? No!

The problem lies with Munoz and the poor quality he’s brought in. Totally out of his depth as a manager and coach. He has to go, now!

How the hell he won Chansiri over and convinced him he’s the man to take SWFC forward I’ll never know.

37 minutes ago, Bellsview said:

Look at Plymouth and Ipswich. Have they replaced nearly every player from last season and begun the season with a new side/squad of players? No!

The problem lies with Munoz and the poor quality he’s brought in. Totally out of his depth as a manager and coach. He has to go, now!

How the hell he won Chansiri over and convinced him he’s the man to take SWFC forward I’ll never know.

I can't disagree on Munoz for sure.

Whether I think the squad for last year playing under Moore would have been better - I am not sure. The only attribute that would be better would be confidence levels but that as we know was easily damaged last season.

None of the new signings have enhanced the squad.

But for me as KM nails is that on every KPI for player performance we are below the level required for the Championship. Clearly the coaching by Munoz is dragging the collective performance down as well. 

We need to change manager but for any new manager it's a tough gig because the calibre of player we have. Can you polish a turd

That was probably the worst 45 minutes from a Wednesday I’ve seen. Forget what the chairman has said and done nothing can excuse professional footballers essentially downing tools. 

I left at half time, first time ever I’ve left that early. 
soul destroying performance and I hope they hand there wages to a charity cause they should be ashamed.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Winco said:

That was probably the worst 45 minutes from a Wednesday I’ve seen. Forget what the chairman has said and done nothing can excuse professional footballers essentially downing tools. 

That was definitely a team playing to get rid of the Manager.  There was virtually zero effort and commitment at times, especially in the first half.

I can cope with this sh@t.  It's the kids I feel sorry for as @HappyOwl alluded to earlier.

Yesterday was a definite tipping point moment and we are probably at the point of no return for Chairman and Manager.  Only semblance of a chance of recovery if if Munox is gone in the next couple of days but can see Chansiri leaving him in place.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mkowlthesexynewversion said:

We said that 25 years ago. The day I become immune to us being shit will be the day I stop. 

But there is only one way to stop this current rot. Clearly there is no guarantee that any next owner(s) would stop it, it could get worse. 

Until we adopt some semblance of a sustainable plan then this cycle of doom with the odd glimmer of hope is going to continue. 

And Chansiri is carrying that torch now, but everyone else failed in the 20 years proceeding. 

We all pass the burden to our kids, with hope exceeding expectations. 

Unfortunately last few games, that's exactly what I've become. Immune to defeat. The apathy in the ground is the most worrying thing. 

1 hour ago, Winco said:

I left at half time, first time ever I’ve left that early. 
soul destroying performance and I hope they hand there wages to a charity cause they should be ashamed.

If they get wages moving forward.

Only Chansiri knows what he meant by "no additional funds". Simply conjecture as to what it means in practice.

Only once in my career did my then boss suggest funds were tight and staff may not be paid in full. Jeez the reaction and metaphorical downing of calculators that caused. By the professionally qualified staff as well

To suggest a professional footballer would not or should not be impacted by negative financial conjecture is a bit naive. To me that was a factor last night

• Like 1

3 hours ago, mkowlthesexynewversion said:

To suggest a professional footballer would not or should not be impacted by negative financial conjecture is a bit naive. To me that was a factor last night

Higher income means higher spending more frequently than it does immunity from any financial shocks. I think the effect is wider though, everything seems to be falling apart and that’s going to impact everyone’s mood - players, staff and fans. 

8 hours ago, Bellsview said:

I think he’s brought in poor quality but also you have an owner who wanted open attacking football without also wanting to really invest heavily in the squad. So if someone told him he could have the best of both worlds he maybe wanted to try it.

There’s a reason why the clubs with a mid to lower end budget don’t really get to play that way. You’d think after 8 years he’d get that. We now have no real identity on the pitch, a bit of a mix of players who need to play a simple game and others who need to play on the counter and we do neither. Nor can we defend set plays which was something xisco cited as essential. Between them their approach has been catastrophic. Plymouth budget won’t be anywhere near ours either but they have that momentum which we haven’t been able to use.