Posh Playoff Semi..... (1st Leg)

2 minutes ago, Otto_Man said:

Think you're all letting your emotions get the better of you, better team first half somehow go in 2 goals down. 

Smith though, how many 1 on 1s is he going to miss this season?

Fuck XG and possession and the stats. The only one of any relevance was in the top left hand corner.

There is no excuse good enough for it. Until our fan base stop and demand better we are going no where. Ifs buts and whatever I have had enough of it. 

Too aggressive, too mobile, too busy. Got outrun and out hustled. You win in both boxes and we were shit in both. We didn’t stop them, and we missed so many chances.

That’s Moore done. The plan away is simple, make it hard. We didn’t.

And let’s not talk about Aden Flint tonight, he got run and done tonight. 

1 minute ago, KrolMong said:

Too aggressive, too mobile, too busy. Got outrun and out hustled. You win in both boxes and we were shit in both. We didn’t stop them, and we missed so many chances.

That’s Moore done. The plan away is simple, make it hard. We didn’t.

And let’s not talk about Aden Flint tonight, he got run and done tonight. 

Flint is done as a Championship/Division 1 player.

He'll rock up at Wrexham next season.

7 minutes ago, Tylluan said:

It's the season long equivalent of MK's nice day out at Wembley

You know what we have been unlucky, it is the Wednesday way. We all had apprehension about the play offs, clearly with good reason.

The record points total, unbeaten run were one thing, but for me we have never looked a convincing promotion team.

And the one weakness I have said all season is the quality of chances we give up when teams are on top. The huge difference is that Boro had the players to capitalise on it, we have got away with it other times.

Sadly the season is effectively over. I am sure there could be a miracle out there, but its a 5% chance. The reality is we will concede on a counter attack and that will be that.

2 minutes ago, Chelters said:

Sadly there is nothing left for Moore after that. He’s unlucky in a way in that we did more than enough to get promoted in any normal season but ultimately he has failed and it’s time for a different approach.

It's not just a different approach from a manager, the all recruitment, development and not relying on older, injury prone players has to stop 

Yes we might suffer growing pains, our fan base i guess simply won't tolerate it, but this club needs foundations. It is built on the quick fix method, I grasp why, but simply it fails time and time again. 

One other thing.  Bannan is not a captain.  In the 8 years he’s been at the club we haven’t got over the line in anything other than youth leagues involving players we’ve subsequently let go.  It’s alright having great team spirit and all backing each other… you’ve got to have the right mentality when it comes to the crunch.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Lee said:

Straw clutch...

Win first half at Hillsborough 2-0 and it's game on!!!

Thing is I can't see the fan base beyond Hi Ho being roused, certainly the players will need to convince the fans this is on.

Irony is I relented and got tickets for the 2nd leg the other day. Fuck me my record has not been great attending home games this season, but even for me this is novel to have such a detrimental impact.

Young un having changed a shift is now desperate to get it back 

4 minutes ago, owl71 said:

One other thing.  Bannan is not a captain.  In the 8 years he’s been at the club we haven’t got over the line in anything other than youth leagues involving players we’ve subsequently let go.  It’s alright having great team spirit and all backing each other… you’ve got to have the right mentality when it comes to the crunch.

We need to start again and whilst he has been a decent servant, frankly we need to let Bannan go and start to build a more rounded team.

3 minutes ago, Neville Facking Bartos said:

Actually contradicted himself the other day but none of the journos quizzed him on it.

I’ll not return my ticket for the 2nd leg, that not what a supporter does but they’ll have to forgive me if I’ve fucked off by half 8

I won't return mine, but frankly I can't see myself suffering this game now. 

I mean there is a 5% chance I could regret missing one of the all time comebacks. But actually after what we witnessed tonight, would anyone seriously give this squad and this manager any chance at Wembley. Bolton ran Plymouth ragged. Barnsley have already out smarted us and out run us. 

41 minutes ago, Bellsview said:

Well done wankers - I think this is the lowest I’ve ever felt as a SWFC supporter, which is saying something given the shit the club has served up over the last quarter of a century.

You set of complete and utter bastards! Fans ought to run on the pitch at the end of the game and rip the shirt off your backs - because none of you twats are fit to wear it! 

Just fuck off!

Clearly let emotions get to me as I’m over the result already. Even the anger and embarrassment has now subsided. I’m more embarrassed about the post above! 

Didn’t expect to lose tonight and certainly not 4-0. They had the rub of the green to an extent but were clearly better than us. More energy, more pace, more organised and a successful game plan. I wouldn’t be surprised if they won the second leg back at S6 as well.

We saw tonight what a lot of us already knew. A one-dimensional team approach, players who are over the hill, a lack of pace, a lack of organisation, a manager once again out thought by his opponent.

Yes we’ve had our fair share of bad luck, not going up with our points tally etc., but how many of us genuinely feel that we have a quality side capable of performing at Championship level? Despite that great run, a lot of our performances were frustrating at times and what we have lacked in luck recently, we had at times during that run.

Hopefully we learn from this and at the very least recruit players who are younger, fresher, able to develop and learn from our more experienced players, not recruit players who are in the twilight of their careers and are looking for one last pay day.

I’m probably biased about Moore because I’ve never really, deep down, had faith or belief in him. If we keep him, I’ll back him, but if we see signs of what we’ve seen this season moving into next season, then Chansiri needs to get shut - and ideally consider his own position as well. 

Edited by Bellsview
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Angelinblue said:

He would walk into any team in this division.

Probably, but after 8 years at the Club, the last 5 or 6 with the team effectively built around him, we have not progressed, indeed gone backwards

The definition of stupidity is doing the same thing and expecting a different outcome.

So thanks Barry, but its time for a total re-think of our midfield. We were totally outdone tonight, not Bannans fault in itself, the way we set up tactically simply does not help 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, HappyOwl said:

Fans talking of sending tickets back for Thursday not real fans because it’s still at the back of your mind that if we do and it’s a small chance it would be worse if you weren’t there 😂😂😂

I can understand it and perhaps the reality check is needed that us fans can no longer be taken for fucking mugs 

• Like 1

Any “fans” returning tickets want banning from the club, just doing fucking go it’s only £20.

football can be cruel when it doesn’t go your way but spitting dummy out and wanting money back on a game that in theory is perfectly winnable is out right fucking noncy.

• Like 2

Well as disappointing goes that has to top anything that we’ve seen and probably anything anyone else has seen.

Being top with points and games in hand to end up in the playoffs with record points, in the process of finishing 3rd beating Derby to then end up playing Pboro and then get smashed 4-0.

Im not saying any relegation for any team isn’t disappointing but most often you know it’s probably coming - it’s that “it’s the hope that kills you” and we’ve excelled.

I had a horrible feeling this might happen, just on what I’d seen of Pboros forward line.

As for thinking we can turn a 4-0 loss around, no one believes it and as they said on the sky pundit are it will be the worst of scenarios because Pboro like playing on the break and that’s what we will be doing. To stand any chance we would need to score 2 goals in the first 5mins, we’ve never done it and won’t happen.

If anyone has got anything positive please genuinely let’s hear it.

Regarding DM, like many I’ve never been convinced but it is hard to argue with the stats.

Also what I don’t know is what degree of control DM really has had with ins and outs at the club, ie how much had DC or others dictated it. In other words has he created the a team of “experienced players”. I’m going to suggest it wouldn’t be his choice to do that.

Pace throughout the team is really the main issue though.

One Sky they were talking about Ferguson leaving in the summer, would DC fancy him with his record of promotions, even if Pboro don’t do it this season?

Edited by Tank_Owl2,0

Tonight summed up why 3-5-2 is asking for trouble against 4-3-3 teams. Danny Cowley did this at the start of the season, again we just don't learn.

The number of times they got behind our wing backs causing Ihekwe and Iorfa issues was too many. Those two weren't bad by the way. Aden Flint was terrible in the centre of the 3.

That third goal, all from an utterly dreadful cross by Johnson. I won't comment on the fourth.

Yet they missed what was their best chance at the end. They should have easily made it 5-0.

Certain experienced players have let Darren Moore down tonight. There were times I could see why we finished so many points ahead of them. Whilst this is probably the end for Darren, I hope it's also the end of the line for many others. Quite frankly, they don't deserve to play for Wednesday again after that. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Winco said:

Any “fans” returning tickets want banning from the club, just doing fucking go it’s only £20.

football can be cruel when it doesn’t go your way but spitting dummy out and wanting money back on a game that in theory is perfectly winnable is out right fucking noncy.

🙌🙌🙌 get in 

I will be there till the day I die so not missing it

off to bed now to dream of 4-0 to us and a win on pens under the lights

keep the faith 💙💙💙💙

8 hours ago, Tank_Owl2,0 said:

Well as disappointing goes that has to top anything that we’ve seen and probably anything anyone else has seen.

Being top with points and games in hand to end up in the playoffs with record points, in the process of finishing 3rd beating Derby to then end up playing Pboro and then get smashed 4-0.

Im not saying any relegation for any team isn’t disappointing but most often you know it’s probably coming - it’s that “it’s the hope that kills you” and we’ve excelled.

I had a horrible feeling this might happen, just on what I’d seen of Pboros forward line.

As for thinking we can turn a 4-0 loss around, no one believes it and as they said on the sky pundit are it will be the worst of scenarios because Pboro like playing on the break and that’s what we will be doing. To stand any chance we would need to score 2 goals in the first 5mins, we’ve never done it and won’t happen.

If anyone has got anything positive please genuinely let’s hear it.

We don’t have to win 5-0 next week, we can win 4-0 and then win on penalties.

Actually it would be peak ‘typical Wednesday’ to win 4-0 and lose on penalties. 

• Haha 2

20 minutes ago, Chelters said:

We don’t have to win 5-0 next week, we can win 4-0 and then win on penalties.

Actually it would be peak ‘typical Wednesday’ to win 4-0 and lose on penalties. 

Ruddy hell don't give the footballing gods more plot lines.

Like I was saying last night it is feasible, but its no more than a 5% chance. 

Sadly I think the players, manager and us fans are shot mentally. I can't realistically see a way back from this 

7 hours ago, Kiwi Owl said:

Tonight summed up why 3-5-2 is asking for trouble against 4-3-3 teams. Danny Cowley did this at the start of the season, again we just don't learn.

The number of times they got behind our wing backs causing Ihekwe and Iorfa issues was too many. Those two weren't bad by the way. Aden Flint was terrible in the centre of the 3.

And this sums up our whole season under Moore. We had the players on the bench to match up 4-3-3 or switch to 4-4-2. The 3rd goal goes in early enough to make a change but every substitution is like for like in that we stay 3-5-2. 

I can just imagine the half time team talk being about still having belief and trusting in each other. That 2-0 was only there because of a deflection and a mishap. But it was obvious that certain players weren't performing. The miss affected Smith. He started trying too hard and couldn't relax. Flint was probably affected by being told he'd been released earlier in the week. 

Other coaching units (because this isn't just Moore on his own) would have shaken things up to get a reaction. Cowley, Warne, Robinson, Ferguson, Warnock, even fat bastard Evans (God help us and no) wouldn't have left it as the status quo we did. 

It might not have worked but the fact that it wasn't tried, probably wasn't even thought of, is what gets at me the most.

It'll be interesting to see how we set up on Thursday because they'll score at least one and we need the first goal and for it to be inside the opening 15 minutes. Much like we should have had last night

I couldn’t post last night because I was sooo fucked off. 
As Chelters said earlier in the thread, at half time I was annoyed that we conceded a shit goal, and a lucky one but played quite well. We were pressing quite high, as a result they have the ball away a LOT but we couldn’t and didn’t punish them. We desperately needed a goal, not just to get back into it but for a bit of belief. That save from Windass at 2-0 was HUGE in that regard.

But in the second half, we just didn’t do enough at all. We persisted with the long ball, as others have said Smith went missing and I blame that on the tactic as much as him. His touch was way off, although I still think Norris made a good save. 
There was that five minute spell, where they scrambled one off the line and another half chance but we never really looked like we have the belief to make it happen. Or anything happen for that matter.

There was some in fighting in the away end, from those who stayed. The lot went last night. Although the score line says otherwise, It wasn’t a four goal game at all. But managed to have made it one.

Our fall from the top has been bad enough, giving everyone the chance to laugh at our expense but this takes the cake. Aside from ‘the run’ we’ve had a soft underbelly all the rest of the season IMO. 
I said it back in Sept/Oct, we seemed to be sailing close to the wind and very soft. And it’s come back to haunt us in spectacular style. Will DM stay now? Who knows but I think his chances of bringing round the fans as a whole now have gone. Even a spectacular show and miraculous turnaround on Thursday won’t do that IMO. 

I’ll be there on Thursday, I’m a supporter of our club. But I’m not going with hope or expectation. It’s just massively disappointing all round. 

I think most will turn up in the end. Once the dust has settled a bit on last night, it’s one last chance to go to Hillsborough before the summer and a complete no pressure game. Will just be the long distance supporters like me who will now struggle to justify the time off work and late night. 

• Like 1

Can't argue with you Tee. Whilst you can't underestimate the achievement of 96 points, I don't think our underlying performances warranted that points total. 

Indeed once managers sussed it and countered our tactics we have come up short.

Salient are Ferguson's post match comments about their players took on and executed really well their tactical plan. Moore et al as Ty points out were not for the first time totally "deer in the headlights" response.

6 minutes ago, Chelters said:

I think most will turn up in the end. Once the dust has settled a bit on last night, it’s one last chance to go to Hillsborough before the summer and a complete no pressure game. Will just be the long distance supporters like me who will now struggle to justify the time off work and late night. 

I think I am just tired of the perpetual being let down by us and you start to question as a longer distance fan, is it worth the aggravation. 

Like I explain to folk, if I take time off to watch Wednesday my work is still there. Not like working in a pub, that shift is gone. 

I was in such a bad mood last night, I hate the fact it impacts me, though I would hate it more if it didn't

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, mkowlthesexynewversion said:

Can't argue with you Tee. Whilst you can't underestimate the achievement of 96 points, I don't think our underlying performances warranted that points total. 

Indeed once managers sussed it and countered our tactics we have come up short.

Salient are Ferguson's post match comments about their players took on and executed really well their tactical plan. Moore et al as Ty points out were not for the first time totally "deer in the headlights" response.

Mate that’s what I’m saying we had a soft underbelly. The only time my mindset shifted from that or began to was the Wycombe away win and the Portsmouth away game. We proper dug in and showed a steely determination to get what we did in both those games. 

The FGR game showed though that we were done, it put the clock back six months. And while I still held out that we could do it, underneath I definitely had doubts. DM is done for now I think, his post match, while of course he’s going to be disappointed, seemed shot.

He needs to take a long hard look at himself, how he sets up his team and find alternative options. His insistence at Donny to play 3-5-2 didn’t endear him too much to their fans IIRC, and the inability to change it enough to make a tangible difference. 
There’s a lot of good he’s brought to the table this season, but ultimately he’ll always be remembered as the one who failed from a winning position. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, mkowlthesexynewversion said:

I think I am just tired of the perpetual being let down by us and you start to question as a longer distance fan, is it worth the aggravation. 

Like I explain to folk, if I take time off to watch Wednesday my work is still there. Not like working in a pub, that shift is gone. 

I was in such a bad mood last night, I hate the fact it impacts me, though I would hate it more if it didn't

I think you go to more games than me and fair play to you. We have the benefit of not having Blades and Millers on our doorstep - in fact if anything I will get some sympathy on Monday - but the emptiness of the drive home after a big defeat is hard to describe. 

3 minutes ago, Chelters said:

I think you go to more games than me and fair play to you. We have the benefit of not having Blades and Millers on our doorstep - in fact if anything I will get some sympathy on Monday - but the emptiness of the drive home after a big defeat is hard to describe. 

I am sure our away fans experienced it last night, but yep it is that emptiness feeling. Usually a lot of angst mixed in, though that may be partially the Highways Agency fault 🤔

As you say we can at least escape from the local baiting 

2 hours ago, Winco said:

Did last night happen or was it a Stella inflicted bad dream??

😑

Judging by the amount of notifications on my phone by obsessed Pigs, toytown fans and dingles I’ve come to the conclusion that yes it did happen.

Feel fuckin rotten thanks to Wednesday.

Not sure how long my Facebook ban is for so at least I can’t say anymore for now 😂😂😂

• Haha 1