Posh Playoff Semi..... (1st Leg)

18 minutes ago, Wollongong Owl said:

Crikey 

Just been on the BBC match comments and there's near on a thousand been posted, mainly from other club's fans.The vitriol really shocked me, i never realised how disliked we are, like the Liverpool  of league 1.

Not surprised at all.

26 minutes ago, Wollongong Owl said:

Crikey 

Just been on the BBC match comments and there's near on a thousand been posted, mainly from other club's fans.The vitriol really shocked me, i never realised how disliked we are, like the Liverpool  of league 1.

Because we are Massive 🙌🙌🙌

Still maintain we were unlucky in that first half, not just the nature of the goals conceded, but the chances we missed. That Paterson effort was in until it hit Windass.

Still fucked off with Smith, heard all season that we don't play to his strengths, but he's missed three 1 on 1s this season by my count, 2 fucking crucial ones. Absolutely scandalous for a striker that.

A few things from last night:

"And Smith must score"... alas, he didn't.

From Dawson's Creek to shit creek... dreadful opening goal to lose. And a dreadful result come full time.

Johnson and Jonson... while ours epitomised blouse defending (don't turn your fucking back) and large ineffectiveness throughout, theirs scored yet again to put the icing on their proverbial cake, leaving us on the brink of back to back play off exits inflicted by teams managed by a Scotsman (bring back Paul Sturrock!).

Will Norris have recovered from his apparent life threatening injuries in time for the second leg?

Flint's shop window - I think it may well have been on the receiving end of a rather large brick, based on that 'performance'.

The BBC - the Barry Bannan Conundrum - has been discussed here many times over the years. I have to admit, I was lukewarm when we initially signed him, but he did play well that season. I've remained somewhat neutral throughout his stay. I can see both sides of the arguments in favour and against him. However, I think I'm happy to now say it wouldn't bother me if he left. In fact, it wouldn't bother me if they all left.

I'll be there on Thursday. I haven't been in attendance as much as I should have in recent years. What with the whole Covid overreaction, illogical travel restrictions and wholly unnecessary train strikes, it'll be just my second trip down since December 2019 (Wednesday 2-1 Brentford). For that reason, I'm staying down Friday as well. Gives me a chance to spend some time in Sheffield and have a wee daunder around the City Centre and beyond. I have to say, I'm looking forward to it. Apart from the 90 minutes on the pitch of course...

31 minutes ago, EastCraigsOwl said:

A few things from last night:

"And Smith must score"... alas, he didn't.

From Dawson's Creek to shit creek... dreadful opening goal to lose. And a dreadful result come full time.

Johnson and Jonson... while ours epitomised blouse defending (don't turn your fucking back) and large ineffectiveness throughout, theirs scored yet again to put the icing on their proverbial cake, leaving us on the brink of back to back play off exits inflicted by teams managed by a Scotsman (bring back Paul Sturrock!).

Will Norris have recovered from his apparent life threatening injuries in time for the second leg?

Flint's shop window - I think it may well have been on the receiving end of a rather large brick, based on that 'performance'.

The BBC - the Barry Bannan Conundrum - has been discussed here many times over the years. I have to admit, I was lukewarm when we initially signed him, but he did play well that season. I've remained somewhat neutral throughout his stay. I can see both sides of the arguments in favour and against him. However, I think I'm happy to now say it wouldn't bother me if he left. In fact, it wouldn't bother me if they all left.

I'll be there on Thursday. I haven't been in attendance as much as I should have in recent years. What with the whole Covid overreaction, illogical travel restrictions and wholly unnecessary train strikes, it'll be just my second trip down since December 2019 (Wednesday 2-1 Brentford). For that reason, I'm staying down Friday as well. Gives me a chance to spend some time in Sheffield and have a wee daunder around the City Centre and beyond. I have to say, I'm looking forward to it. Apart from the 90 minutes on the pitch of course...

Where you sitting pal? At the game that is. 

4 hours ago, Otto_Man said:

Still fucked off with Smith, heard all season that we don't play to his strengths, but he's missed three 1 on 1s this season by my count, 2 fucking crucial ones. Absolutely scandalous for a striker that.

This the same Smith that became only the 4th Wednesday player in 30 years, and the 1st one in 12 years, to score 20 goals?

Last night's performance does not boil down to Smith's missed chance.

I've said this before. He's not a hold up player, he's not a runner, he's a donkey who happens to be very good at getting on the end of crosses and has made a living out of it. If Warne offers stupid money for him and we accept then he'll score 25+ for Derby next season and where we gonna find a striker with the potential to do that? We had him this season but we didn't play to his strengths. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I still haven't calmed down. In fact I'm probably worse.

Pboro I didn't think, played that well, yet stuffed us. I've nethought Moore would get us up. But it looked like he proved me very wrong. 4me at times last season we actually played better than this but we ground out results this and the margins were very tight. At times you couldn't tell who was top or bottom. 

What gets me is what we needed in January was obvious. And it didn't happen. It's cost us big time.

Difficult one with Moore. Frankly think his time is up. But you could argue he's done well 2 get us to 96 points if he's done it once he could do it again potentially. But will he?? I don't think he will. Obviously we could get 90 and that could be enough. 

But 4me his times up. The manner of last night's defeat hurts 2 much 

I think that there would be such a downer and lack of belief and momentum it would be difficult for DM to replicate it. He might beat Pboro 2/3 goals on Thursday crash out anyway and point to another fine margin but FFS how can a team that gets 96 points be so shit and mentally frail. 

First two goals were gutting but quite fortunate for Posh. How we haven’t got at least one ourselves I don’t know but it’s those last two which have done us. We defended like it was the last 5 mins of the second leg needing a goaL. Just like how when drawing with derby and staying up we decided to push further and conceded a pen when wide open. How can the layman see this and not a manager?

Windass and Smith both missed good chances and looked lethargic compared with our opponents who were buzzing but we wouldn’t get much better next season and still have a decent spine at this level to build around. Needs some key changes to get the optimism back though 

16 minutes ago, TheExile said:

I think that there would be such a downer and lack of belief and momentum it would be difficult for DM to replicate it. He might beat Pboro 2/3 goals on Thursday crash out anyway and point to another fine margin but FFS how can a team that gets 96 points be so shit and mentally frail. 

First two goals were gutting but quite fortunate for Posh. How we haven’t got at least one ourselves I don’t know but it’s those last two which have done us. We defended like it was the last 5 mins of the second leg needing a goaL. Just like how when drawing with derby and staying up we decided to push further and conceded a pen when wide open. How can the layman see this and not a manager?

Windass and Smith both missed good chances and looked lethargic compared with our opponents who were buzzing but we wouldn’t get much better next season and still have a decent spine at this level to build around. Needs some key changes to get the optimism back though 

And the general introduction of some pace on the break.