Posh Playoff Semi..... (1st Leg)

Here we go then... Let's get it up and started......

The press conference is tomorrow (Thursday), SWFC have put details up about that and how you can watch if you want.

The name of the officials is up.... So.. Who are they?

Referee: ANTHONY BACKHOUSE
Assistants: Alex James and Garry Maskell
Fourth Official : David Rock
Reserve AR: Daniel Cook

Mr Backhouse's record reads that he has presided over 35 games this season... Dishing out 120 yellow cards and only 1 red. 

Interestingly, he's reffed us on two occasions. 

The first time, was the 1-0 win AT MK Dons in the early point of the season, 4 bookings in that game. All for us. 

Then, the last time he reffed us was the 1-0 HOME win over Peterborough. He booked 4 players in that game too. 3 for us, and 1 for them.

Head to head record

The game on Friday night will be the 22nd meeting between the two sides. 

Wednesday have won 10 of the previous clashes

Peterborough have won 7

And there have been 4 draws. 

Last time out at Peterborough

Tuesday 16th August - The hosts won 2-0, helped in no small part by the sending off, of Reece James in the 34th minute. Wednesday held out until the 64th minute when Jonson Clarke Harris opened the scoring, before Jack Taylor doubled the lead. 

1 hour ago, Neville Facking Bartos said:

I wouldn’t call the Reece James sending off controversial mate 

I just remember it was stupid, and changed the game. Then only now I remember, what it actually was.... And yeah. It was bonkers.. So I shall amend. 

I thank you.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, mkowlthesexynewversion said:

See I thought James was unlucky as it was not intentional - but not one you would argue about ultimately.

I think it was the challenge by a Peterborough player that did not result in similar.

Wasn't this when (Byers?) got subbed off and he stropped a bit. 

Yeah. (re Byers)

47 minutes ago, HoylandOwl said:

They’ve only gone to non season ticket holders from today IIRC

I don't think they're going that far, Tee. They only advertised them as far tomorrow p.m. for S.T. holders with something like 700 pts. 

What's worrying me is their comment about going to collect them, ONCE THEY'VE SOLD OUT, from 10 a.m. Thurs.  

8 hours ago, Owling_Wolf said:

I don't think they're going that far, Tee. They only advertised them as far tomorrow p.m. for S.T. holders with something like 700 pts. 

What's worrying me is their comment about going to collect them, ONCE THEY'VE SOLD OUT, from 10 a.m. Thurs.  

Clearly the away leg will sell out 

Home leg might be pending what happens Friday evening

DM "I'm really looking forward to it. It's another game but the scope of the game brings great excitement."

DM "We focus on tomorrow and that's the way we've always been. We won't be looking too far ahead."

DM "Peterborough have had a good season, they have been persistent with their work since Darren came in."

DM "Last year, we had two titanic tussles. We had to dig in and in the second leg both teams were at it. We got the goal and felt the momentum was in our favour but they had quality and got the goal. "But we took the positives and brought them into this season."

DM "I live in the city so it's great for me to rub shoulders with supporters. "You want to be remembered and the way to do that is from the successes you have."

DM "Lee Gregory is available and good to go."

DM "It's been great to have Reece James and Jack Hunt back now they have had more volume. They give us good options."

DM "It's great to see players back training and in with the squad at this stage. "They are chomping at the bit and it gives us more balance and options." #swfc

DM "The players have brought the mentality to the football club, they are a joy to work with. "My job is to push them and improve them. And that doesn't stop." #swfc

DM "It's going to be a good arena, a good surface under the lights. Two managers who respect each other and we look to go again."

DM "Credit to the players, even on the last day when they knew where we were going to finish, the focus they showed to win our final game and maintain our strong home form, I was very pleased."

15 minutes ago, Tylluan said:

If James is fully fit then he might go back into that defensive midfield role.

With Vaulks and Windass would absolutely fuck up Peterborough's planning.

But maybe spring this on the opposition in the final 

3 hours ago, HoylandOwl said:

Peterborough have a record to aim for...... That we currently hold. Apparently when we won against Brighton back under MK's favourite Owls manager, we finished the season 16 points behind them, earning the 'record' of overturning a playoff team with the highest finishing points gap. 

The Posh finished 19 behind us this season.

It is what it is - the league position / points is now totally irrelevant - this is a 2 legged cup tie 

2 hours ago, mkowlthesexynewversion said:

It is what it is - the league position / points is now totally irrelevant - this is a 2 legged cup tie 

Slightly off topic but Chesterfield are copping a load of abuse from other National League and League 2 fans for being 24 points behind Notts County in the league but possibly 90 minutes away from beating them to promotion. 

There was an opinion that when County and Wrexham pulled away from the rest that both should go up and the play-offs still happened. League 2 would have an odd number next season and it would be an opportunity to change the rules, ditch National League play-offs all together and just have a straight promotion and relegation. They used Bury's expulsion as the example of odd numbered league and levelling up the season after. FA said no.

3 hours ago, JBO said:

Roughly 1/15

Being our 94% divided by their 6% or 94/6 = 15.67 in our favour to their 1

So we are expected to win 15 out of every 16 games.

I think that's how it works.

Edited by Skamp