The World Cup thread….

Page picked the wrong team to start with. Without Moore up top the wing backs had nothing to bomb onto which invited US on and made Wilson and Ramsey ineffectual in midfield. Meant we ended up with a back 5 and Ampadu putting in a MoM performance as the holding midfielder. 

All this made the US look like Man City playing Altrincham and they should have made more of it. 

Second half, Moore on, Wing backs playing further up and Ramsey and Wilson coming more into it. 

However against Iran I'd drop Bale and play Moore and Johnson up front. 

13 hours ago, Tylluan said:

Page picked the wrong team to start with. Without Moore up top the wing backs had nothing to bomb onto which invited US on and made Wilson and Ramsey ineffectual in midfield. Meant we ended up with a back 5 and Ampadu putting in a MoM performance as the holding midfielder. 

All this made the US look like Man City playing Altrincham and they should have made more of it. 

Second half, Moore on, Wing backs playing further up and Ramsey and Wilson coming more into it. 

However against Iran I'd drop Bale and play Moore and Johnson up front. 

Drop Bale - admire your optimism Ty. Thought he was poor, despite what the ITV commentary team would have you believe. You were lucky I thought, they missed a big chance first half, you the second (the Moore header), but other than that thought you offered little threat

Draw a good result for England imo, could have well have ended up with 3 teams on 6 points otherwise, hence why I was talking about gd being important yesterday 

21 hours ago, owl71 said:

I’ve thought for a while that this World Cup will see few shocks, and some big scores.  Playing mid season means it’s a level playing field in terms of energy levels. In Summer the players who’ve been involved in the latter stages of the Champions League and Europa are always more knackered.  Climactic conditions are the same for everyone, no jungles or high altitude.  Jet lag is not a major factor for European or Europe based players, which means almost anyone who’s any good.

Well..

German Football Association has lost a sponsorship deal with major German retail chain REWE over ditching the One Love armband. Deutsche Telekom are also considering their sponsorship of the DFB.

Lucozade have pulled all sponsorship in relationship to Qatar World Cup which includes it's sponsorship of the FA, also in relation to the bowing down over the One Love armband. 

31 minutes ago, Mark said:

That Greizman from France isn't 2 shabby is he. Crikey never wastes a pass and always perfectly weighted 

It's taken you till the back end of the year 2022 to realise Antoine Griezmann is fucking quality? Jesus, no wonder you're easily pleased watching Jack Diamond play.

6 minutes ago, Reesh said:

It's taken you till the back end of the year 2022 to realise Antoine Griezmann is fucking quality? Jesus, no wonder you're easily pleased watching Jack Diamond play.

😄😄😄👍

I'm easily pleased. 😉

Obviously he's been class 4 ages but in tonight's game I guess a lot of plaudits, with justification, will go to some others, but his touch and vision second to none

FIFA have now 'banned' Belgium's away and warm up shirts even though they've been wearing them since September and they initially passed FIFA kit rules. 

The 'crime' is the away kit has the word LOVE on the inside of the shirt and the warm shirt is too multi coloured and looks rainbow-ish

https://news.sky.com/story/qatar-world-cup-belgium-away-kit-rejected-by-fifa-because-love-is-written-inside-collar-12752921

Wales fans had multi coloured bucket hats confiscated and an American journalist was made to change his rainbow t-shirt. 

There's also an, unconfirmed, rumour that Alex Scott might have her journalist accreditation removed  for wearing the One Love armband. 

Edited by Tylluan

56 minutes ago, Tylluan said:

FIFA have now 'banned' Belgium's away and warm up shirts even though they've been wearing them since September and they initially passed FIFA kit rules. 

The 'crime' is the away kit has the word LOVE on the inside of the shirt and the warm shirt is too multi coloured and looks rainbow-ish

https://news.sky.com/story/qatar-world-cup-belgium-away-kit-rejected-by-fifa-because-love-is-written-inside-collar-12752921

Wales fans had multi coloured bucket hats confiscated and an American journalist was made to change his rainbow t-shirt. 

There's also an, unconfirmed, rumour that Alex Scott might have her journalist accreditation removed  for wearing the One Love armband. 

Football is for everyone though isn’t it FIFA? Hypocritical ****s.

10 minutes ago, Hirstys 12th Pint said:

Anyone else just not feeling this World Cup ?

Thought I would be OK once it started.

Hardly watched any.  Will give tonight's game a go though.

said it already, I am not motivated to watch any games. Looking out for goal alerts for England and Canada but thats it