The HoylandOwl Derby - Lincoln Match thread

Reesh

• HoylandOwl changed the title to The HoylandOwl Derby - Lincoln Match thread
Just now, holmesfield_owl said:

Same as every other away match. Not even in the same county ffs

There was a quite a bit of bother pre the game last season, saw a few people with very bloodied heads wandering around. Then there was the Poundland Eminem and his mates in our end in front of us who pushed through the gate between the away end and the biggest home stand amongst other things. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Andyben said:

Fuckiong Pussy @mkowlthesexynewversion

We're third in the league, they're 14th.

Windass behind Gregory & Smith

Bannan & Byers/Vaulks  central

Play em off the park

Well it worked perfectly last year 

More that we have actually looked better in the last 2 games as an attacking unit playing 3 5 2 - than with those 3 on the pitch at the same time 

2 hours ago, HoylandOwl said:

There’s some decent ale available at the game tomorrow pre match, get yourselves to The Tipsy Imp bar in the fanzone. It’s owned and run by a mate of mine. 

Derby fan at work was praising the away part of the fan zone. Said they were well catered for. 

Looking forward to this one.  Gonna be a proper away day with a stupidly early start. My only previous visit to Sincil Bank was the pre season friendly when Jos was manager, when there were more of us than them.  Be interesting to see the place with some home fans in it, even if that spazwit air raid siren is likely to be fucking annoying.  Does sound like last season’s game was pwopa nawty.  Let’s hope we don’t get driven out with pitchforks. 🙄

Only way we're going to draw or lose this game is from the stupid passing around the back

Get a second and this is game over. I am totally surprised as to how bad Lincoln are compared to last season. 

Why we're happy with 1-0 is beyond me given what happened first game of the season 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Kiwi Owl said:

Only way we're going to draw or lose this game is from the stupid passing around the back

Get a second and this is game over. I am totally surprised as to how bad Lincoln are compared to last season. 

Why we're happy with 1-0 is beyond me given what happened first game of the season 

This

Two points dropped there

You could just tell that was going to happen. 60 to 70% possession, well that's not going to hurt any sides when it goes from full back to centre back to centre back to keeper to full back and vice versa.

It was so blatently clear the warning signs were there when they had 2 very good chances thanks to us f*****g around with it from side to side. Drill it into those brains of our footballers, get 2 or 3 before you switch to that sort of anti football mode.

Lincoln were a shadow of the side they were last season

• Like 1

Should have won it. Dominated, created plenty of chances, but paid for missing them, and also some awful delivery from Johnson and Palmer when they got into really good areas.

Some mixed displays today. Windass was poor, wrong decision every time he got it. Vaulks was good out of possession but bad with it. The front two were decent despite the poor delivery. The wing backs were good until the cross.

Bannan and the back three were good. Bannan ran it again. Byers and Dele were decent when they came on.

I actually was happy with a point pre game, but I am disappointed because we have dominated and should have won.

Careless that is the key word from that game. 

Their only opportunities were from our giving away possession.

Careless from Stockdale to let in a scuffed shot

Careless delivery from wide positions all game. Ironically the best pass was from their keeper to Gregory.

For me the intention to crow bar Smith, Gregory and Windass into the starting 11 is not really working.

6/10 performance overall after 8/10 in the first half. Got to be more ruthless 

Poor delivery from set pieces and poor choices/decision making in the last third. It’s been our Achilles heel all season and has cost us 2 points today. If we could address this (and possibly up our tempo a bit) we’d win this league, as our all round play is generally solid and we don’t have any problem working the ball into the last third.

Another frustrating outcome and more points gone begging.

Frustrating today. Very frustrating. We dominated as many have said, we should have finished them off. Although we didn’t work their keeper anywhere near enough. 
They were awful in the first half and deserved nothing, but that early goal roused them and the home fans in the second half and I thought they might have nicked it. That miss from Bannan is one he’ll have nightmares over; it was harder to miss!

One thing that really fucked me off today was the attitude of some of our fans towards our players.

Just before Windass went off; he chased a ball down the right and he ran over the touchline, up to the hoardings where the Wednesday fans were. One bloke in a green coat, absolutely gave him dogs abuse and told him to fuck off, calling him wank and all sorts. Before then applauding him being substituted. 
While he didn’t have a good game, it’s hardly inspiring him to do better is it? 

Overall it’ll be seen as an off day, and I can see why, but I just despair at some people. 

They really are turning into a bit of a bogey team aren’t they.  We really should have been then one up at half time, basically we were in complete control.  They caught us a little bit cold and got the bounce of the ball for the equaliser, which was slotted away nicely.  That then woke up the drummers and associated bum boys to our right.  After that we lost a bit of composure and tried to force it a bit too much, looking for killer balls a bit too quickly.  

All in all, two points dropped, but as in a game that was an obvious banana skin.  I’d have settled for 30 points from the first 15 for sure, I’m not going to reassess that just because Plymouth have started the season like a runaway bullet train on crack.  Loads of time for everything to change.